A leading global investment bank seeks candidates for the position of IT Audit Senior within their Corporate Audit Department
Individual will be part of a team leveraging their technical and business product skills to assess and assist in controlling the information technology risks of the firm. Under supervision from the IT Audit Vice President/Manager, individual will work to achieve the following responsibilities:
- Understand fundamental IT and business risks and key controls to evaluate the effectiveness of the control environment during various product-line and functional audits (e.g. trading, credit and market risk management, derivatives processing, financial reporting, asset management and private banking.) To a lesser degree, perform audits of various technology infrastructure platforms (e.g., Client/server, E-Commerce, networking, computer security, etc.)
- Identify issues, analyze associated business risk, impact and potential solutions to address such issues for inclusion within formal audit reports.
- Produce working paper documentation in accordance with Bank Audit Department policies and procedures that is clear, logically ordered and which concisely communicates results of work assigned. Write effective audit documents (e.g., planning memos, meeting minutes, draft audit report issues, etc.) that require minimal review notes.
- Possess strong oral and written communications skills in order to integrate with the Financial Audit team on integrated audits, gain an understanding of IT Risks/ controls of the business area/ process under review and articulate assessment (in layman terms) to the business auditors.
- Be an effective team player and establish effective links with peers to promote a favorable profile in the department. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with auditees.
- Motivate others, display integrity, enthusiasm and be approachable.
- Demonstrate a high regard for punctuality and good time management skills, including performing assigned work within allocated budgets.
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-development, actively seek feedback to develop/update own skills and knowledge, accept and be responsive to constructive criticism /feedback.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST POSSESS:
- Minimum 3 to 7 years of related experience (e.g. public/Big 4, IT audit experience with a financial services organization.)
- IIT audit work experience liaising together with financial auditors during integrated reviews.
- IT-related experience a plus (e.g. programming, systems analysis.)
- General knowledge of IT practices and technical platforms.
- Ability to draft clear and concise workpapers and audit report comments understandable by both technical and non-technical readers.
- Effective working knowledge of Microsoft suite of desktop products.
- Basic knowledge of technical platforms such as UNIX, Microsoft, and databases (SQL, Oracle, and Sybase) is a plus.
- Knowledge of how to perform CAATs analyses using various tools (e.g. ACL, Access) to arrive at an audit conclusion is a plus.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with a high regard for punctuality and good time management.
Minimal domestic and international business travel required.