Automated Packaging Systems, Inc., headquartered in Streetsboro, Ohio is the recognized leader in flexible packaging. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art machinery and materials. Visit our web site at www.autobag.com to learn more about our products and services.
Our employees earn competitive salaries and enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), and employee stock ownership.
To work closely with cross-functional Machinery Operations business unit leadership to understand their departmental and business needs. Work with business unit leadership to translate those business requirements into effective computer systems through designing, developing and implementing computer solutions which enhance the Company’s productivity. To test and maintain the assigned systems and hardware to ensure the continued accuracy of provided information.
1. Work with business leadership to perform detailed business requirement analysis of each business unit and design systems that address the requirements and objectives of each by developing detailed program specifications and documentation that provide solutions to the user’s problems. Define, implement and publish IT project management initiatives.
2. Provide application support, troubleshooting and maintenance for all current organizational system applications including BaaN, IFS, SM-Plus, Agile Elite, Web, Unix Shell scripting, Jet form/JetTrac, SQL, Microsoft and Crystal, to ensure those applications continue to meet the business needs for the Machinery Operations group. Provide direction, suggestions and recommendations on all system upgrades, modifications and revisions. Provide direct application support and/or administration of Engineering’s CAD, data vault and software development tools.
3. Convert programming specifications into high quality user based programs, which meet the standards for maintainability, performance and clarity.
4. Design, develop and maintain ad hoc solutions to satisfy user requests for specialized services.
1. Four year college degree in Manufacturing Technology or related degree.
2. Five to seven years previous related work experience, ERP experience preferred.
3. Ability to work effectively in a team oriented fast-paced environment.
4. Must have excellent analytical and documentation skills.
5. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to exercise diplomacy.
6. Demonstrated track record of strong time management skills.