A.W. Miller Technical Sales, a 44 year old highly successful machine tool distributor based in East Aurora, NY is looking for a junior - apprentice sales representative to work out of its East Aurora office. The primary objective of this representative is to proactively increase machine tool / fabrication equipment sales opportunities through new customer outreach. Daily activities will include calling on potential customers in person and by phone, conducting presentations about new equipment, assessing customer needs, and working with Senior Sales Engineers to prepare quotations and close sales. Our customer base includes manufacturers in various industries as well as contract machine shops. Minimal overnight travel required.
What you need to bring to the table:
- The ability to read and communicate in a professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- A strong desire to learn about a variety of manufacturing processes and applications.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the field of Industrial Machine Tool Sales, machining or related industry experience is preferred.
In addition you will need:
- Basic math skills
- Basic Skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power point
- Valid driver’s license
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- base salary plus incentives
- car allowance
- health insurance
- profit sharing program
- the opportunity to grow within an organization that represents the largest Machine Tool manufacturer in the World.