AXA Advisors Employee Reviews

Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me compiling lists through database software in order to persuade persons to rollover their 401ks and retirement funds to AXA.
Unorganized
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
I was just an intern. Can't say I learned much nor did it seem like the company wanted to hold my interest. Most likely just not the field for me. Regardless, happy I had the experience
Pros
N/A
Cons
Boring
Not the best.
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 13, 2017
Very cut throat. Not enough compensation, they don't supply you with any type of leads. The opportunity to make a lot of money is there. I hated compliance.
intern
Intern, Mapstone Veritas Financial Group (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2017
typical internship of clerical work and basic exposure to the business. gained insight that was not available in a classroom setting and enjoyed my time with the group.
Great Company
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Management is strong. Paid time off is always a nice plus. Work life balance is fair. Workplace culture is great. Paid lunches, etc.
Ecxellant Company to work for
Exectutive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 10, 2017
wonderful company to work for great ethics on the FP side and great policies on the companies side . working for this global company has been a positive move in my career . they are like a big extended family
Hard place to get started
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2017
Hard place to get started but if you can survive the first few years then you have a good chance of making it. I had a stressful and frustrating experience with management and their infrastructure at the location I was working. However, I saw other locations that had the proper structure and management so it is not a universal challenge.
Pros
Flexible Hours, paid on achievements, meet lots of people
Cons
Work follows you home, stressful situations, no proper training
All About the client no the advisor
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2017
Even if you do the right thing by the client you may not end up getting paid. If you are moving assets to their clearing house it doesn't count in the end.
Hard working people, love to have fun
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2017
you have to work to make it . there are people who are willing to help you. there are opportunities to get into management, you have to prove yourself. Very committed to the community
A Great Place and A Great Business
Fitzgerald Wealth Management Advisory Firm Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
You will learn so much on the job here, the people are amazing and helpful and will be working and serving the community along the way. There is so many ways to grow within the company and to be challenged.
Contract Position
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2017
This position was contract and did not provide benefits. Had a great atmosphere and learning environment. Overall office was great help with support.
College Internship
SalesForce Internship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2017
It was a fun internship where I learned a lot. I worked with multiple advisors and each one was a little different than the rest. Learned how to tackle problems multiple ways.
Awful
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2017
The company told me a story about how great everything would be and when I got there it was the complete opposite. I left shortly afterwards because their business practices were shady.
The worst!
Financial Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
Stay away! This is just a giant pyramid scheme....your district manager makes all the money....you make bupkis! Once you sign up your friends and family, they know its extremely hard to make it and they keep those accounts...and you're done! They charge you to work there...laptop, phone service, desk space, pencils! Horrible culture and greedy, nasty managers..all they want you to sell is there proprietary products and they make a handsome override. If you leave in less than a certain amount of time, they send you a bill for training! Stay away! if you want to be in the financial services business, don't do it here!
Pros
Zero! NONE!
Cons
Worst corporate culture i have ever experienced!
Freedom with lack of structure
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Typical workday was 8am to 8pm. Training was substantial but only focused on insurance and annuities (proprietary). Management was sub par, I was on the #2 team in the country and we still lacked structure and guidance. The hardest part of the job was structuring a business plan without mentors or any real management. The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting with clients and doing financial planning.
Pros
Freedom of schedule
Cons
Lack of management and structure
Boiler room type environment but if you're tough you will learn a lot
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
If you want to be in sales this is the best first job you could have. If you are in the Manhattan office just make sure you are working with good closers.
Internship for the summer
Summer Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOFebruary 21, 2017
An entry level position has horrible job security and can be a commitment of 60 plus hours a week. This career involves unethical decisions regarding clients financial needs and padding managements pockets.
Pros
High income potential
Cons
Poor work/home balance
Fantastic Lifestyle for Advisors
VP Internship / Assistant to VP (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2017
AXA Advisors located in Ballantyne Corporate Park has an extremely helpful and friendly culture. Almost any employee in the branch is willing to spend time to help develop you into a top financial advisor. With a low turnover, and reoccurring training, I believe this is the best place to begin your career as a financial advisor / planner.
Pros
Work / Life Balance
Cons
Tough at first
Good environment and challenging work
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Great work environment but you have to be willing to work harder than hard for the first two years. Management was well and they give you a lot of freedom, just make sure you're holding yourself accountable of your own work or you can fall behind easily and it only gets harder to keep up.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Commission pay
Salary, and Life
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 10, 2017
Overall, it's a great company to work for. I just wished they would have offered more pay to their workers in training to be a motivator factor to stay with the company.
Pros
Great family experience included in the company, Flexible to work at home
Cons
Start your own company by finding new clients, Little salary then commission only during pep (training process), Hard to get the business started, I wished I would have had all the training up front before getting into the ground work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.