AXA Advisors Employee Reviews in United States

Great Learning Experience
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 9, 2016
Great to learn financial sales, financial modeling and planning programs, as well as improve upon skills in regards to talking to people and management of clients. If you do not have a natural market it is very hard to get people to trust you with their money, ESPECIALLY if you are young and right out of college. You need to see at least 40 new people a month minimum to get 5 maybe as clients right away. It takes awhile for people to want to make moves with their money so it can get frustrating waiting on people as they drag their feet along through a process in which they know THEY NEED YOUR HELP. It is scary to see people's assets and realize where the economy is going for people thinking they can retire. People do not save enough or properly for that matter so you really are helping not only them, but the country as whole from having to help in their future retirement needs.
Pros
Make own hours, great coworkers, pay is high if you get clients
Cons
Takes forever to make money, unsure future, no salary
Great for those who know what they're getting into
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
For those who want to become a financial advisor, this may just be the best place to get that career going. There are almost daily training sessions, a wide array of extremely successful managers, and a great team of support staff. Expect to work at least 12 hours a day and almost every other Saturday.

Personally, this job wasn't for me due to the fact that in order to build your book of business you have to put in countless hours cold calling and marketing yourself which wasn't what I expected from this position. It is also a job that you are in to the end, so if you are going to take a job here, make sure you are absolutely sure it is what you want to do.

It has a very high turnover rate in terms of new hires leaving after the first few months due to the fact that you really don't make any money in the job for about 5-6 months due to it's commission based nature.

There is a promise of wealth and luxury at the end of the road, but maybe 5-10% of people that start here actually get that far.
Pros
Excellent managing team, great co-workers, good environment
Cons
Face-timing atmosphere, no work/life balance, little job movement opportunity
Avoid at any cost!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 8, 2015
The worst experience in my life: zero support after licensing - Y.O.Y.O (you on your own); AXA mandatory training was very poor; my office space was not ready when I started, my desk phone did not work and I my business cards "by mistake" had a contact phone number of another advisor who is related to our receptionist. I found it only when my phone was fixed (2 weeks later). There are tons of problems on the management level. There is ZERO marketing support for new people with the compliance approved material. On my interview I was told that after my licensing I will be receiving 6 months payments + commissions ($1,360 per month), in reality I had only 1 month paid. I got embarrassed a few times by introducing AXA as a "full financial service" company (exactly what we were told multiple times and how AXA is introduced), but in reality the PEP Associates are set to sell ONLY insurances and annuities - no training and access to LPL. As Financial professionals we are supposed to work in the best interest of our clients. I was pushed to do replacements and fussed when I refused to do it. If you are still considering AXA career, be prepared to pay for EVERYTHING out of your pocket and good luck to you!!!
Pros
Possibility to get licensed, but at your own expense and there is no salary.
Cons
Terrible business model: financial pyramid. This is a real rip-off and scam. Stay away!
Great Management
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 12, 2016
Management was helpful and inspiring. Friendly work place environment. Tough to start out as an advisor here. Better for more established advisors looking to relocate to different company
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Compensation
Challenging daily experiences
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRFebruary 19, 2016
Great Experience in Sales, with excellent team work environment. With our difficult economy prospecting is a daily challenge but good. Management good.
Pros
Health care and benefits
Cons
Commision based only
Good work environment
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2015
If immediate compensation is absolutely imperative to your well being you will more than likely have a problem working in this role. If you can make it through the lean times this is a good career opportunity.
Hard work, but very rewarding
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 11, 2016
It is a very tough business. You must deal with rejection everyday. The compensation is beautiful if you can close business. I am not far enough in yet to know where I am at, but a good work ethic and positive attitude goes a long way.
Pros
High pay potential, come and go as you please, you work as hard as what you want
Cons
Hard for new advisors, must overcome age barriers if you are young, Takes 6 months to start making money
good company for those looking to gain industry knowledge and sales experience
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 24, 2016
good company for those looking to gain industry knowledge and sales experience. requires a disciplined schedule and an unrelenting work ethic. Takes several years to build up a client base that provides financial security. straight commission compensation.
Just like "The Wolf of Wallstreet".
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 13, 2016
This role was my follow-up to working at Vanguard, and required me to obtain additional securities licenses to provide comprehensive financial planning to clients. Selling myself was a challenge that I was constantly working to improve and enhance. Unfortunately, my mentors in this position did not turn out to be an ethical as I needed them to be. It was this disconnect that motivated me to obtain a masters degree in organizational leadership. A "leadership crisis" was apparent here, as money seemed to be more important, than the fiduciary well being of the clients at hand. Over time I became experienced at recommending and selling life/health insurance products, as long as variable annuities as well. Brokerage implications were also prevalent. I would not recommend to my family or friends, to seek employment with this organization.
Pros
Limitless resources to offer eligible clients.
Cons
High pressure to sell, unethical leadership.
Great company to start a career in insurance
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 19, 2015
Pay can be good and work life balance is amazing. Fun place to work and enjoyable work environment. Expensive to work there if you are struggling to get clients. They don't tell you about everything you will have to pay for like E&O insurance or a computer.
Pros
work/life, pay, fun place to work, mgmt want to see you succeed.
Cons
expensive to work, little job security, have to find your own clients
Great company
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2015
hey put a lot of time and effort into you, lots of opportunities for joint work, at least one training per week for new advisors
Cons
It's sales so if you're not good at that don't bother. There's a 6 month pre-contract period where its' 100% commission based so unless you have a strong support at home you're going to struggle financially. I'm talking weeks without a paycheck or if you finally get one it's like $200. Also, your manager has his team plus his book of business to worry about so unless you're working on a big case it's going to be hard to get them to run appointments with you. And don't think this is a normal 9-5, I was working crazy hours. Like leaving my house at 6 and getting home around 8 or 9.
Advice to Management
Make your schedule more open so you can run with your team.
Pros
Flexible schedule, You have full power to ensure your success. The potential is great if you work hard.
Cons
No salary. The benefits here are poor
Autonomy
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 28, 2016
The best part of this job, was that I didn't have to work everyday of the week inside an office. I traveled to clients very often. There is no salary with this job. Only commission.
Cons
No salary
Great teamwork and Management
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTSeptember 22, 2015
Great place to start a career as a financial advisor. Good management and business partners as teamwork is an emphasis to success. Company provides all the tools necessary.
Hard place to start a career
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edison NJAugust 17, 2015
Empty working environment, tough to start a life only on commission, and not very well organized management. Allowed me to become fully licensed as an advisors!
Pros
Freedom
Cons
very small base salary
Receptionist and Desk job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work would be cold calling clients, writing emails to clients, making appointments, filing, making lunch meetings and answering and connecting calls.

I learned a lot about professionalism and working in an office atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was learning the system of life insurance. The easiest part of the job was interacting with people, clients and colleagues.
Pros
Experience and Learning
Cons
Had to leave due to complications with hours. Driving back and fourth in between classes.
large company for financial consultant
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
you really have to work hard to get new clients
no base salary, only commission, so you have to do lots of cold calls emails an so on to reach out for new client, not an easy job
Good Managers and Culture. Tough Field
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with the managers and co-workers at the office. Very nice and smart group of people. Studying and acquiring license certifications is not easy and neither is developing a portfolio of clients. However, the business provides a lot of beneficial tools to get you started and to help grow your business.
Corporate company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
My typical day requires supporting high energy financial professionals with tasks that require accuracy and to be completed in a timely manner.

Work closely with clients and solely responsible for processing and completing; life, disability, retirement and a variety of other investment applications.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the staff around me and the daily challenges to provide excellent service to our clients.
Pros
Executive assistants are supportive of each other and are helpful
Cons
Unless you work directly for the company there are no benefits whatsoever
Not a bad start
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 27, 2015
Not a bad place to start your finance career and get your licenses. If you can navigate through the industry essentially alone then you will be fine. It is however, very possible to be successful.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
nothing past basic planning education
A great place to work as an entry level financial advisor
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2016
You build your own financial business dependent upon the needs of the clientele and your natural market. Success if very subjective based on your ability to bring in capital.
Pros
Build your own business
Cons
Subjective successful parameters