AXA Equitable Life Insurance

AXA Equitable Life Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Frustrating Experience
Investment Advisor Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2016
Good experience with the financial services industry, though i was more interested on the investments side. I was placed more in the sales group; cold calling and prospecting was the main objective. Which I was not interested in.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
A sales job.
Horrible Management
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 18, 2016
Horrible Management. Power hungry, abusive, vindictive. Not a good place to work. Very dysfunctional. System and organizational issues.
AXA is not a good place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 18, 2016
If management doesn't like you, you will never move up. I was in the same position for 9 years!!!! I tried applying to various depts with no luck.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Good company, good benefits
Senior Manager - Project / Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 11, 2016
Large company with good health benefits. Base pay could be better. Room for advancement and a good company culture. Good work/life balance with flexible work arrangements.
Excellent
TREASURY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 29, 2016
Excellent work place, promote great work life balance. Great place to contribute and shine with many opportunities to contribute and improve.
Great communication at all levels of management.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Management changes
Great learning experience with friendly employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 25, 2016
Always busy, something new everyday. Nice people, good pay. Learned a lot as far as retirement plans and processing paperwork. Communicating with school districts and municipalities. Responsible for marketing and creating flyers.
Excellent company to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 9, 2016
Friendly atmosphere. Management is result orientated and not micro manage. Learn and teach atmosphere. Very people friendly.
Pros
WFH options
Administrative Marketing Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 23, 2016
I held many titles such as receptionist, administrative assistant, On-Boarding Coordinator, and Office Manager. I worked for the company just under 8 years and was not compensated for my position. The company has a horrible recruiting system and extremely high turnover rate.
Pros
I learned how to run an office and perfected multi-tasking.
Cons
Short staffed, under payed and under appreciated by company. Laid-off.
Competitive work environment.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2016
Offers excellent resources for the entrepreneurial, results-oriented self-starter. Highly professional co-workers having both a competitive nature and collaborative work ethic.
Decent Place to Start
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2016
• Performed general office administration task such as filing, scheduling, and data entry
• Initiated contact and followed up with 50+ personal lines of client leads per week
• Trained new advisors and interns, organized seven client meetings, and assisted in five presentations.
• Completed AXA Course School (Life insurance, Retirement, and Investment Products)
A pretty good company
HR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
I had a great experience while working for AXA. I came on as a temporary employee but was hired full time and promoted twice. I preferred working in the NY office, but the NJ office is also quite nice. Friendly co-workers and opportunities for advancement (and longevity).
Gratitude for a Dozen Years
Lead Manager (Financial Planning & Analysis) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
I enjoyed the majority of my 12+ years at AXA Equitable. It's unfortunate that it ended with my role going to India. I learned a lot and am grateful for the opportunity there.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn & develop
Cons
Roles moving to India
many periodic replacements, it was a solid company to work for years ago. Most jobs are being outsourced.
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 1, 2016
Work environment is very uncertain, one never knows when one is going to be outplayed. The culture years ago as well as the respect for employees was top notch.
Pros
work from home with some depts. depending on who one works for.
Cons
increases are limited, its all about who one knows & who one works for.
Good place to work - mostly fair management team - not a change culture
Lead Manager - Project Delivery (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 25, 2016
AXA is mostly a good place to work - compensation is above average for the area. Work / live balance is ok. Not a very good environment is you are looking for a dynamic changing environment
Excellent Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2016
Excellent benefits and management is awesome however the indirect micromanaged atmosphere and overload of information makes the job difficult to perform effectively at times. The short breaks and lunches make it nearly impossible to release from the daily stress level of the job.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Breaks and lunches too short for the level of stress associated with the workload.
Great working enviroment
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 14, 2016
Axa was a great place to work . The people were awesome and the constant learning of new tasks were challenging .I would definitely work here again .
Good company with great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2016
A typical day involved answering a lot of phone calls. I also responded to e-mail and correspondence. The best thing about AXA were the people that I had the honor to work with.
Pros
Cafeteria on premises.
Cons
working environment
Great
Financial Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver COMarch 31, 2016
Awesome Company, they really treat their employees well. I would have stayed except I decided to pursue a software career.
Good Place to work
Operations - New Accounts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
Great place to start a career as a financial advisor. Good management and business partners as teamwork is an emphasis to success. Company provides all the tools necessary
Wealth management Intern
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  TampaMarch 16, 2016
It was a good internship from my standpoint. I was able to learn about the daily activities of a wealth management advisor.

AXA Equitable Life Insurance Reviews by Location