AXA Equitable Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Very welcoming
Financial Advising Externship (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13202February 21, 2017
AXA is a company that welcome's its employees with open arms. No matter your prior experience, AXA will lead you to a successful life. This is a company that prides itself based on its employees.
Very serious place to work
Manager of Non-APH Claims (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
A typical work day included directing and meeting with staff each morning to discuss any issues pending and questions from my staff. The hardest part of my position was testifying in court and/or arbitration. Also, ranking my staff from excellent to needs improvement this was completed during our annual review. AXA LM tried to make work enjoyable with a Christmas party and a summer picnic. Also, there was a pizza luncheon on monthly basis.
Pros
Preformance reviws were conductly annually, and the employee had the ability to review same and provide his/her comments
Cons
Much too busy and unstaff to do the required work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Learned:

How insurance company runs
How to communicate with customer
How to present
Customer care

Hardest part:
Communicate with customer
AXA was an exciting and challenging environment. The people that I worked with were very professional.
Senior IT Project Manager, Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I was very comfortable working at AXA. My peers and management made me feel welcome and supported my efforts as the Project Manager. I really enjoyed learning a new area, data analytics and working with a very professional vendor.
Enjoyable work environment
Regional Annuity Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 8, 2017
Very relaxed working environment. Good group of people that are enjoyable to be around. You have to learn patience with this job due to that fact that when selling an annuity many things can go wrong, (i.e. licensing, training, and incorrect paperwork). Servicing existing annuity contracts may cause you to do less actual sales and more customer service.
Pros
The ability to learn a lot about the financial advising industry
Cons
Job responsibilities are very vague causing hindered sales
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2017
I have enjoyed my time with AXA. The management team is open to the ideas of its employees and they have fostered a great work/life balance in the process.
full time job
Administrative Assistant/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 1, 2017
regular full time job, work as a team with my fellow employees.very good company benefits. professional environment. very friendly and like ad family coworker to work with .
good
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Nice collegues
Good Place to learn
work culture is nice
Timelines are very good at projects
Weekly parties are very good.
Learned communication skills.
Productive and modern work atomosphere.
Vice President of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Progressive company with strong emphasis to the clients and employees. As with many years experience, the changes to the work space both physically and technically keeps us in the forefront of companies within our field.
AXA's a great place to work!
Senior Associate - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13202January 11, 2017
Great work environment & coworkers. Great benefits and pay. Excellent training programs to begin. Never worked in this area with retirement policies and was on phones after six weeks of training!
Great boss
Insurance Sales & Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 5, 2017
Flexible hours and great work environment. I was able to complete my college education and work in this job. My boss was very supportive in my education and they had an excellent tuition reimbursement.
Not a good experience overall
Assistance Coordinator for AXA Assistance US (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
I actually worked for AXA Assistance, US which is an extension of the AXA Group/ AXA Equitable. I learned a lot at this company and was very thrilled to be a part of something that, to me, was new and unique. The training was great and the job was exciting, I was given an opportunity to be cross trained and I hoped to advance very quickly. I had to multi-task several computer programs at one time, and as someone who thrives on organization and being busy - there was always something to do. I received praise from my immediate supervisor which really boosted moral.

Definitely one of the cons to working here is that they do not treat complaints seriously internally and have been known to discharge employees in retaliation. They did make a lot of promises that they could not keep and recently lost a huge contract. They promised some of us that we would be safe and then ended up letting people go for spurious reasons. I would work here again under different management that prides in honesty and integrity.
Pros
great pay, great insurance
Cons
poor management, toxic work environment
Great company
Internal Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 17, 2016
A wonderful company. European benefits and willing to find you a home that suits your talents. A+

Plenty of locations and executive tracks that make it worth while for those looking to advance.
Great atmosphere, team work and professional
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2016
• Performed general secretarial duties, such as typing, proofreading, filing, photocopying, drafting documents, faxing, scanning and phone coverage
• Arranged travel including, hotel, flight, car and all other scheduling required
• Processed monthly expense reimbursements
• Maintained up to date contact information in Outlook
• Exhibited confidentiality and discretion in all written, electronic, face to face and telephone correspondence
Pros
Great Partners to work for.
Cons
No insurance
busy contact center
Annuity Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 9, 2016
Custom handling of high volume broker accounts requires great attention to detail and be articulate. Regular review and revision of contracts, and letters to customers; telephone calls and emails.
Global Work Experience
Head of Global Operations North America (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
Great chance to work with International work partners, and Vendors.

Offered flexibility to work from home, travel, and experience and develop multi tasking skills.
Employees & Managers are Like Family
Mailroom Clerk / Facilities (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 30, 2016
Started as Mailroom Clerk with a Team then due to Outsourcing Jobs took on the role by myself and took over as Building /Facilities Manager osite. Minor Troubleshooting in Copier Machines and IT Related Problems. Management is Friendly,Efficient,Team Player
No Micro Managing. Co-Workers are like Family and treat each other with Kindness. Sometimes Deadlines and Projects Need to be dealt with in a somewhat speedy manner and Travel to the Site is hard if Winter Weather is present and causing Treacherous Road Conditions.I love everything about my Job except Travel Distance in the Winter.
Pros
Our Culture is that of a Family
Cons
Lack of Job Security, Travel Distance in Winter Conditions
Directionally focused, hard working, great people
Director, Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2016
Directly supporting AXA's field sales force was a great experience. The leadership in this group was extraordinary and was very motivating to work with. The Home Office leadership and in particular the mid-level leaders were hands-on and focused on having positive results. A great level of energy despite the numerous changes due to the ongoing challenges of the economic environment. Highly recommended place to seek employment.
Pros
Good people, strong focus on results
Cons
Number of organizational changes in short period of time
Lead Associate Audio Visual (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
Wonderful place to work
Great work environment
Encourages professional learning
Cutting edge in their job space
Colleagues and management are enjoyable to work with
Excellent company to work for
Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
Company has Excellent year end bonus. Salaries are at par with the industry. Management was very fare. Benefits were excellent as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Equitable Life Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval