AXA Equitable Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Easy going work culture
Senior Business Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Onondaga County, NYNovember 23, 2017
AXA was a fun place to work in. Managers were great and easy going, pay scale was competitive. Job security was low, and you never know what is going to hit you. I loved working in the place.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Security
Ok company for a few years
Senior Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2017
the company promotes diversity and inclusion, but when it comes to career advancement , the white males are always prioritized. would be nice of they walk the talk.

Company expect you to work on three jobs and get one pay
Great place to work, international company
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2017
Very challenging work requiring significant skills
Learned insurance marketplace
Excellent management team
Very dedicated team in highly competitive market
Enjoyed interactions with international team members
Pros
International Company
great place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 8, 2017
AXA is a great place to work. Started there as an Inter in 2013 and was offered a job upon graduation. Worked there for almost 4 year. Never felt like an outsider.
nice working environment
Financial Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  1290 Avenue of the AmericasOctober 30, 2017
Fancy building with big office make you enjoy working there. Long hours, hard work, but commission based so it can be worth the time and effort. It is a great experience to work there
Pros
good coffee machine
Axa
Executive Assistant for Vice President, (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
Typical day consisted of all 50 states. I worked for the Compliance department. I enjoy learning everything I did. I was layoff and that was the hardest part in leaving the company.
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2017
I sold insurance and investment products through the AXA / Equitable company. Great learning experience. Gained knowledge of all financial markets and instruments.
AXA is what you make it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2017
So much potential at this company to write your own ticket with a little hard work. It is a family oriented and slightly traditional workplace, so there tends to be a bit of red tape and things can move slowly. But relationship building can remedy that.
There was for a time an issue with an aging workforce (once you work at AXA you tend to stay there, its common to have folks with 20+ years experience) and there was a bit of a clash for new people coming in, but this has improved over time. Now there's a concerted effort to diversity the population in age, experience, culture, gender etc. and it has been going wonderfully.
My decision to look for other roles is purely a business decision. If the numbers would have made more sense, I would happy continue and conclude my career here.
Pros
WONDERFUL benefits, consistency and solvency in company
Cons
heavy relationship building oriented and not as much on performance
Work-Life balance work place.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 11, 2017
Overall, very friendly work environment. Allows work and life balance.

Have been a fun journey, starting with Accounting department and transition to Sales Reporting, supporting Branches across the Nation.
Pros
Work and Life Balance.
the company
Lead Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
a relaxed place to work, no stress but little creativity. Need better communication from Company higerups on kind of business we should be involved in...No interaction with staff
Horrible management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2017
No training whatsoever, paid for all of my financial licenses and poor management. I was shadowing a senior that was never available and always out on operations and sales events. I think they intend for people to fail as part of the entry process.
Amazing Culture focuse on employee blanace
VP Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalOctober 3, 2017
Long days ahead with bussnes dinners, or trips, after 8 or 10 hrs meetings. Amazing leaderships and inclusion towars your career path and development..

Hardest part was create a new culture customer service oriented and to put the call center /cusotmer service area aa a core area in the customer journey

I learn to speak, convince and offer solutions, strategies and presetnations at a C level.
Pros
Leading the transofmration of a whole area that impacted the customer and the brand.
Cons
Hardly time to myself, and spent to much time traveling.
Egalitarian workplace but lack of advancement
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
AXA was a great place to work because it was not very "level conscious". You could raise your thoughts or concerns up the ladder easily and people did not take offense at it. However, the US subsidiary - AXA Equitable - has gone through multiple rounds of cost-cutting and it was never clear how dedicated the French management were to AXA's US operations.
Pros
Working in Manhattan
Cons
Commuting to Manhattan
Overall AXA is a good company to work
Sr. Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 2, 2017
Upper management is innovative and thinking in the long term and do seems to care about their employees. While the insurance industry has gone through some ups and downs in the past few years, AXA has found ways to cut cost without laying people off. It is a safe and secure company to work for, if you don't care that they pay below industry standards for most positions. However, I would still recommend AXA to most job seekers.
Pros
Secure, safe company, upper management, innovation, benefits
Cons
compensation
good culture
Senior Financial Plan Manager (Former Employee) –  东莞市September 26, 2017
Management is very modern and systematic and humanized and detail oriented;
Good culture from company leadership and colleagues;
Pleasure and positive working atmosphere;
Good working environment;
for an insurance company not a bad place to work
Vice President, Customer Marketing Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
AXA is run by the Financial Advisors, Hard to get anything done without their approval or agreement. However, for an Insurance company they can get things done pretty quickly.
Productive workplace with great managers.
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Axa is a very relaxed environment to work in. The experience they give is great and is very useful if you plan on going elsewhere. My supervisor and manager are very laid back and hands on. My team overall is amazing!
Pros
Relaxed work environment, opportunities to grow, and great benefits.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Corporate Setting
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Corporate Office
Can be relaxed environment or sometimes intense
Benefits provided
Typical administrative duties
Office supply stock
Regulate, process paperwork and license
Too many chiefs
New Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I've enjoyed most of my time with this company but lately it has changed significantly . You are now expected to do several people's jobs but compensated for only the one you are hired for. Several HR issues that team members are too afraid to report because of reprucutions. We are told we can report things annonomously and this has been proven false. Management doesn't listen to you and everything is a lie or secret. Team leads do absolutley nothing and are a waste of the companies money. They are never available and will be defended no matter what you say to management. No procedures, job aids or FAQs in place that are updated accordingly which make doing the job correct and consistently difficult. It Used to be a great company to work for but it has gone downhill the last year.
Benefits
It was only a contract
Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Only worked there for a short period of time. Very competitive, fast paced and not for an outsider. I was happy when my 6 month contract ended and had no desire to extend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Equitable Life Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.