Plans, defines and executes IT projects in support of key Insurance and Reinsurance businesses. A qualified candidate may run projects and portfolios simultaneously.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues, and develops formal recommendations for presentation to Business and IT management
- Executes and manages project plans, including schedule, cost, resources, issues and risks.
- Works with customer & suppliers to generate solutions to issues and then plans/implements those solutions
- May lead efforts to develop new or revised processes/procedures for the assigned customer area(s)
- Has strong company/product knowledge and works with senior-level project managers to assist senior management on complex projects
- May supervise project sub-teams and may train and develop less experienced team members
- Serves as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field required; Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Strong and proven understanding in project management practices, methodologies and concepts
- Strong and proven understanding of general concepts within technology infrastructure, e.g., networks, storage, servers, data centers, telephony, service desk, SDLC etc.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Typically requires at least 7 to 10 years experience in a project management role
- Insurance and Reinsurance industry preferred
- Business Intelligence experience a plus
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and MS Project.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Works independently with limited direction from manager
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels of the organization
- Analytical & creative abilities to synthesize user requirements and available technology solutions
- Provides organization and leadership to project team
Indeed - 7 months ago
AXIS is a global insurer and reinsurer, providing clients and distribution partners with a broad range of specialized risk transfer products...