We are looking for a Person with an electrical background and 2 to 5 years of experience.
The Field Service Technician’s primary responsibility is to provide “In Field” service and support to our existing customer base. This will include such tasks as the professional installation, training, and commissioning of AXYZ CNC tables, provide customer service telephone support, and conduct on-site service calls.
The Field Sales and Service Technician must be prepared to travel frequently throughout ADC territory. Must have a valid passport for incidental travel to Canada.
Major Responsibilities/Working Relationships
- Perform installation and commissioning of AXYZ CNC solutions at customer site. The technician must assemble the machine, which could include the gantry, spindles and options. The technician must insure the electrical supply is correct and interface with the on-site electrician to ensure proper power supply and electrical compliance. Once completed the technician will interface with the user who will create files and run the ToolPath software, to determine the most effective way to achieve their desired end result. The technician will also train the operator in machine operation and trouble shooting.
- Follow up responsibilities with the customer may include further training in customer specific application of the router solution.
- Perform on-site service to AXYZ CNC router tables or CamTech laser tables, trouble shooting errors and determining repair issues – electrical, mechanical or incorrect software applications. When unable to address the problem by phone, the technician will prepare a “best guess” of required parts to perform on-site service call.
- Assist in demonstrations of AXYZ CNC Router solutions and cut samples.
- A thorough knowledge of company policy as it relates to completing and preparing necessary paperwork including service work orders and customer parts orders.
- Responsible to remain current on AXYZ product upgrades as sent by AXYZ Specialists.
- Provide telephone support on incoming calls to answer software questions and hardware issues.
- As the voice of experience, the incumbent, in concert with the ADC Office Manager, will be able to recommend the purchase of aftermarket products such as router bits, cutting tools, and service parts.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Education Preferred
- Post Secondary studies at the College or University level with professional courses related to Electrical / Electronic controls, CAD based Design Software, Computer Science
- Proven problem solving skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized, self starter, able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with above average analytical skills.
- Strong software skills including Windows, CAD/CAM software and capable of absorbing new software quickly.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Multiple languages a definite asset
- Ability to travel without restriction
- Valid driver’s license.
- 2-5 years experience
Position is full-time - salaried with benefits, travel required.