AAA Allied Group Employee Reviews

Fun place to work and move cars
Fleet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 22, 2017
Although moving cars is not every job in AAA. The fleet is a great place if your looking to be outside everyday and get help motorist. Everyone is trained on the job, and receive multiple classes to help them become better and more proficient.
Pros
Hourly
Cons
Outside in bad weather
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 25, 2017
Dispatch service requests in a timely manner to appropriate AAA stations and drivers using a variety of communications channels. EX: radio, telephone, computer, fax, 2-way Nextel and pager. Prioritize service requests based on various criteria (safety, weather, traffic etc.) to ensure police and other emergency calls are handled within established time frames.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 7, 2017
AAA ranked top 500 places to work several years in a row and I can see why. They truly care about you and your family and have always been helpful when a situation arises. Management truly cares and that makes a huge difference.

The work day is pretty laid back but just answering phones and talking to clients as they come in to ensure their assets are properly covered.

The most difficult part of this job is competing with competitors rates and getting a steady flow of clientele coming in.
Unproductive workplace
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Northwest ohioAugust 4, 2016
They have meetings where you are supposed to be able to state your feelins, but can't because your scared of repercussions. They say they won't be mad but they give you attitude the test of your time there. The managers don't know how to work with people. They know how to do a job, not treat you like a person. Dreading walking into work every single day was in of the worst experiences in my life.
Pros
Bonuses.
Cons
Cant leave if there are calls in cue, They want you to make your own decisions- but then tell you why you were wrong, Like to complain about other people- within earshot, Nothing is confidentia, . Gossip is horrible, Catty drama.
Not employee friendly.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 4, 2016
Call Center managers have no compassion for employees. They run the call center like a concentration camp. The Company is not bad but the supervisors are terrible.
Pros
40 hours
Cons
low pay, no regard for personal life, managers share personal confidental info with everyone
No work life balance
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 1, 2016
This company has a rude manager. She gives all the great hours too her friends. They don't like new people and make comments about you being older It's nights every weekend and holidays You can't go the bathroom unless mgmt says so
I wouldn't recommend
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2015
If you want a job where things constantly change, people constantly quit, rules are different for different people, and new hires are expected to come out of training (3 weeks and only 1 week on your actual job duties) pros, and you are expected to be quiet for an 8 hr shift then this job is ideal ! If you like to gain relationships in your workplace, and have an encouraging TEAM well then i wouldn't recommend.
benefits
Cons
short breaks/ obvious favoritism
Great company and people to work for!
District Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 16, 2015
pleasure to work for and serve the people of the AAA family. A positive and friendly office environment. Total team atmosphere.
Pros
good poeple and benefits package
good place to work just not the right managment
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 21, 2015
i loved the job i loved with i did but sometimes you cant control what people dont see and belive in you the place was good to work at but the company did not have the right management running the fleet
Pros
lunch break nice trucks great on road working
Cons
horrible management
Great opportunity but make sure your the right person for the job
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
Started with AAA in an entry level position. After a few years I was given an opportunity to move into insurance sales. Company has a very friendly culture and is always willing to get you the help you need to succeed. Like most positions within AAA the insurance agent position is very sales driven. There are a ton of AAA members to use as prospects to call on. However, they have been loyal to AAA for many years and often have been loyal to their current insurance agent for many years as well. Managers are very hands off and like to let you do your thing.
Pros
Managers are hands off, decent benefits, guaranteed salary for first 2 years.
Cons
Older market, members seem "over sold", numbers driven position.
Fast paced
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2014
Long days
Learned TIme managment and People skills
Management is goal oreintated
Love my co-workers
Constantly on call
Working with several different personalites was enjoyable
Pros
company car, phone
Cons
On call
Great Company
Technician/Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2014
Great Company to work for with many training opportunities. Good benefits and excellent Human Resources department and staff.

The most enjoyable part of working for AAA Allied Group is helping out the customers.
Fun and supportive Call Center
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 14, 2014
Working at AAA Allied Group is pretty fun because of the great team we have in the Call Center. Management keeps a smile on our face throughout the day. At times we have customers are angry and could really get under our skin because of emergency roadside service. Many people call in for service because of their vehicle troubles, and sometimes members go on a rant and yell because they're stuck on the road/highway and is very scared and confused, but as professional CSR's, we always keep smiling and keep an upbeat attitude with great manners so we can always best serve our members. There is so much encouragement and love toward each other as co-workers, supervisors, and management through the good and bad. That is much needed in today's society anyway.
Pros
Co-Workers, Holiday Potluck/Parties, Able to switch days with other Co-Workers if you didn't have enough PTO available
Cons
Job Security/Advancement, Compensation
Disorganized management
Driving Instructor- Part Time (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 10, 2014
I was hired as a part-time driving instructor in July, 2013, as were several other people. I completed the basic requirements, such as getting a physical, etc and waited....and waited....and waited.....In October, 2013, I was sent to "advanced driving instructor" class and passed....and waited.....and waited......and waited.....I (along with others) was told that the DMV was holding everything up. Come to find out the manager of the driving school was the one who was holding everything up. By the time they got around to getting us certified through the DMV, we would have had to get new physicals again. They are short driving instructors....I wonder why?
Pros
Free AAA membership; decent benefits
Cons
Terrible management
stressful job
MEMBER SERVICES CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  lexington, kyOctober 9, 2014
the job itself is easy. but its very stressful. managent is not helpful, too many people in charge to have a good workflow
No one is one the same page!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2014
A typical day of work consists of assigning drivers to member calls and getting estimated times of arrivals from them. This would be easy if we didn't get cursed out by all the drivers we try to get times from. Drivers don't answer their phones and make it impossible to dispatch, yet we are to blame when a call starts to age. We are supposed to dispatch calls within 5 minutes but then when an emergency call comes through [ie mbr in unsafe location like highway or middle of the street] we are supposed to work on that call to get help immediately but then we are reprimanded when the other calls start to sit. Make sense? No! There is no grace period to clock in or come back from lunch. So instead of a 30 min lunch you have to take a 24 min lunch because the computers are so slow and if u clock back in even 1 minute late you are written up! Supervisors will tell you one way to do something....a person from upper management will question you and tell you another way to do something, then the second upper management will tell you a 3rd way to do something and now you have 3 ways to do something which means you will NEVER be doing anything right according to someone. It's a stressful place to work when the work could be so easy. Its impossible to be efficient when estimations can easily change, and drivers are constantly being rude, obnoxious and profane. Managers speak to you like you aren't an adult. You need permission to go to the bathroom or break even though the supervisors make the schedule and KNOW WHEN YOUR CUBICLE WILL BE EMPTY. Not to mention MANDATORY OVERTIME can be be  more... put in place 1 hr before time to go home and you will be penalized if you have to leave even though there was no notice before that 1 hr.

The best part of the job is conversing with coworkers who also are frustrated....without venting, we'd all die of stress.
Pros
dental/vision, free AAA, off by 3pm 1st shift
Cons
overworked, cursed out by drivers, pay for parking up to 60/month
productive, fun workplace
Supervisor-member services (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 4, 2014
Typically I monitor agents calls, paying close attention to staffing and sales goal being achieved, with minimal down time.
As an incentive we run monthly contest for highest daily sales with prizes given.
Hardest part of the job is the hours I work.
My co-workers are easy to get along with and I think we have a great sales team.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
hours
Why are all of the insurance managers men?
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2014
I worked at AAA Allied Group as an insurance agent for several years. I developed an agency "from scratch" and always made my quotas. Then they raised my quotas. Then they promoted a slimy guy who thought that calling people on Easter about their insurance needs was a good idea. From there, it all went downhill. When I left, every single manager except 1 or 2 in the insurance department were men (basically a 9:2 ratio or thereabouts). The head honcho (VP), also a man of course, has never sold a single insurance policy, but is somehow qualified to head the department.

When I left (on a bad note of course) they kept my book, paid me nothing, and that was that. What a waste of two years.
Work Day/Days
Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 2, 2014
The Job was great in the beginning but has changed drastically and most of it is not for the better... Everyday at work feels like it could be your last day do not feel secure. I've seen many excellent workers go that have been with the company for many years and its not a good feeling at all.
Pros
Meet many great AAA members
Every day was different.
ATSR (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 31, 2013
I loved helping people plan their dream vacations. Finding them the perfect hotel or getting a great rate on a car rental was very satisfying. I believed in the product so it was easy for me to sell. A typical day I would take phone calls, book hotel and car reservations, check inventory for travel store, maps and tour books, attraction tickets. I would do trip routings for drive vacations.
There was very little room for advancement. In the last few years they had begun hiring from outside the company for management positions.
Pros
benefits, incentive programs
Cons
little or no advancement, no support system we had been without a supervisor since May

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Allied Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7