AAA Carolinas Employee Reviews

It's worth a shot.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 1, 2016
This job is a good one to start out of you want to work on cars. They'll let you do oil changes and tires. They will most likely train you on brakes, alignments, and fluid services. But that's it. Once they train you to the level they want you that's where you'll stay. Don't expect a raise on your year mark. They have really good benefits which alone is a main reason I stayed . Upper management on corporate level is a joke. My manager just happened to be really cool. Hard to keep staff so expect to work 6 days a week. You get holiday time but you have to work the day before and after the holiday to get paid so good luck in seeing the family. Service advisors at my location were horrible. Couldn't sell anything. All in all I would work for this company again when I get more experience then make the big bucks.
Pros
Benefits, 401k match
Cons
No life balance, no advancement training, horrible starting pay.
Branch Travel Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 9, 2016
Really enjoy working as part of a small team (branch level) with extended "family" at regional and corporate level. We work hard, but laugh a lot, among ourselves and with our clients. Tough part of the job is dealing with the public and some unrealistic expectations. Rewarding part is when you help a member, plan a dream trip and/or really contribute to enhance someone's experience.
AAA Carolinas is a good place to work,offers good working conditions and good benefits package. They invest in training, technology and other employee resources. I appreciate that the corporate culture is one of constant improvement and open communication. Not all departments operate the same, however travel department has good communication, great support and has fun (most days anyway)!
Pros
Ongoing learning / Good corporate support /Fun environment
Cons
Nature of job is stressful;
Value of Caring
Email Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2016
ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT
If employee retention is really as important as you express then you should raise employees up and praise them when they are demonstrating excellence and dedication. Understand that no one is robotically perfect... people do make mistakes. Accountability is one thing, reprimand and punishment is another if the employee is holding their own in difficult times. If an employee is not performing to standards, coach them, work with them, raise them to the level you need them to be at. COMMUNICATE!!! If an employee is directly asking for guidance and feedback, communicate with that employee so he/she can do the job you need to be done. Simply value your employees for the professionals they are and they will value where they work. They will work harder and really lift the company and their superiors up because they are happy and know you care.
Pros
Insurance Benefits, 401K, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, Vacation, Fun Co-workers
Cons
Restructuring of departments, lot of gaps in guidance, No job security, No communication from mid and senior level management
Depressing and petty place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 9, 2016
Worked there about 6 months and everything started off good but then changed immediately. Management is the worst they treat you like trash have their picks and favorites that they let do what they want but when you try it you get in trouble. They sit at the front section and talk about all the employees and then smile in your face. You get very little pay and a bunch of vacation time that you can't even use because someone on your team that have been there for 40 years has already took certain days off you want or need. I was so unhappy at this job and I eventually got fired which was a setup but in the end I realized it was the best for me
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
very little pay
Loved my role
Traffic Safety Manger (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2016
Helping people and providing a safety culture for AAA members was the most rewarding job I have ever had. The ability to work on campaigns and grow within my field was one of the greatest job benefits.
Pay is horrible
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2016
The pay is horrible. They want you to do a lot with little pay. They haven't had a pay raise since 2000. The commission you get is only 1% which is nothing. I had commission of ยข.80. I was making $9.50 in 2003 when u was in highschool.
great place to work
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2016
excellent benefits ,great team of employees. I worked in mount pleasant ,sc for 2 years. left because of the commute. now I am back with AAA and have no plans to leave. the staff here work together well, no drama. great benefits including paid time off, vacation, sign on/retention bonuses and paid holidays...for example, the week before Hurricane Mathew we were off all week and AAA Carolinas paid us for the full week. as stated....great company and great people here..
Pros
benefits, great company policies great people
Great Bennifits and Great Place to Work
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2016
The company is focused on growing it's employees. Training and opportunity is unlimited. Your persistence and dedication pays off. You never get in trouble for doing the right thing for our members and customers. Employees with positive attitudes and an awesome work ethic make the days go by faster. I truly enjoy working for the AAA Car Care. Plus this is by far the best benefits at any place I've ever worked.
Pros
Emplyee growth and benifits
Great Company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2016
I've have been employed with AAA for a little over 3 years and I can't say enough wonderful things about my job. AAA offers great benefits. I have advanced already into 3 positions since being hired.
Too many
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 17, 2016
conflicting ideas from management to the rank and file can cause confusion and the resulting loss in revenue is of course blamed on said rank and file
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 10, 2017
This is the worse job ever I hate the place!!! Do not go they lure you by telling you it's a great place to work but in all actuality they do not care about their employees
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 31, 2017
AAA is a great company to work for and to help customers.
Excellent mechanics, honest and skilled.
Daily help customers maintain and repair their cars.
Productivity
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 23, 2016
The productivity is low I only turn about four to five hours a day a good week I'll turn thirty hours but that's pushing my self to the max
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday and Sunday off
Cons
Short breaks and sometimes no breaks not enough work
Good Entry Level Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 13, 2015
AAA Carolinas is a great place to work. But just be prepared to work and come into the job with a mindset that you will do one call at a time and go home at the end of your shift. Don't get to caught up in the politics and don't get upset if you do more of one kind of call than the other.

This job does not qualify as full time anymore so be prepared to work only 30 hours a week.
Pros
Working Independently, Good Benefits
Cons
NO Scheduled Breaks, Poor Management
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 31, 2016
I really enjoy helping customer's and working with my peers. The hardest thing when i first got here was when a member yelled at me i thought i was going to break down and cry but he was only worried about his daughter so i made sure i got him service very quickly
Not really a great place to work
Call taker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 2, 2014
Policies are in place but not enforced the same for everyone. Too much favoritism. You are encouraged to speak your opinion but be careful, if you say anything negative management will keep a close eye on you and look for things to terminate you for. Some employees are allowed to get away with certain things that others cannot. Sexual harrassment gets swept under the rug. Certain managers have been using their position and power to "get a date" with women employees that come to work there. Some of these women end up with promotions. Management expect anyone "under" them to do things they will not do. You will never see a manager working nights and weekends or holidays.It's just overall a very unfair place to work and it's getting worse all the time.
Pros
A paycheck (when it's correct)
Cons
Favoritism and brown nosing
Worse insurance job I've had in my seventeen years of insurance experience
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 8, 2014
I have three words. . . micromanagement, micromanagement, micromanagement. I was an agent with this company for three years. The rules constantly change, they create an environment that fosters too much competition amoung co-workers leading to hostility, they expect working many more hours than the pay justifies, there were reports required constantly which documented almost every single activity of your day, they monitor phone calls for what they call "training purposes", but use that as a reason for dismissal and I was lied to by management on several occasions including deception and broken agreements.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, massive employee turnover, frequent dismissals
upper management is a joke
car care (Former Employee) –  irmoJune 3, 2015
was at this company for 4 years saw atleast 15 managers come and go because of the stress and micromanaging the big wigs cause...i finally learned a great deal due to one manager i finally had that went out of his way to teach me and let me use some machines.

as for the pay i found it to be low and the hours you turn to be lower, not many cars come through the shop some days (meaning less than 5) and most of those are oil change only coupon abusers that are just there to use the oil change coupon and get out.

by far the hardest part of the job was listening to upper management telling there story of whats wrong with the company when i witnessed first hand there is ZERO structure in managment

as for the coworkers the best!!! i met some of my bestfriends here and by far was the most enjoyable thing about this job

examples of stupidity super a tech was hired and put his 2 weeks notice in because he moved...moved back and asked for his job back...hq replyed with we do not rehire!
later a worker showed up to work drunk got fired then was rehired and PROMOTED TO MANAGER

theres just tons of backpedaling and fingerpointing at this job
Pros
workers
Cons
everything else
stay away from this company
customer service (Former Employee) –  charlotte, ncApril 18, 2013
This company is a prejudice company that discriminates against older employers. They make promises they don't keep and no matter how you work and go above and beyond, if you are older, they do not want you and will find a way to get rid of you. Benefits end at midnight the day they lay you off and they don't offer a dime of assistance to help continue your coverage. They tell you to contact them if you need anything and then ignore you like you are dead to them. Horrible management team in Charlotte. I would do without before I would consider working for them again.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything
Overworked-Underpaid
ssp (Current Employee) –  ncApril 10, 2013
As fas as the atmosphere, it is an ok place to work..heat in the winter and air conditioner in the summer. The pay is incredibly low for the amount of work related to this job. The funny thing is they try to convince you that you are working at a great place because they feed you hot dogs every so often. Employees get a $ .25 raise yearly and they find every way possible not to give you the raise(when it is time to get the raise) lol!!
Rules constantly change and there are no clear answers about lots of situations. You can ask one supervisor and get a completly different answer from another supervisor. There is no job security, they pretend that we are one happy family but you can get fired for something very simple and they dont care about the amount of time you have been there.
Schedules are harsh and crazy. Say goodbye to your life, kids, weekends, family reunions, and anything else you like to do!! lls
There are some really nice employees and supervisors there but be very careful what you do because everyone that smile is not not your friend.
Pros
profir sharing
Cons
everything else--pay especially

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Carolinas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9