AAA Carolinas Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Car care tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2017
Don’t do this unless u like working 52 hrs a week and making 300 bucks week? They don’t take care of employees
Had a few bad mangers and if u go 2 a store Waren works at good luck
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very picky want the most from you but pay the least
Call Management Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCNovember 16, 2017
AAA is a very fast pace job. You can advance very fast. If you don't advance then it's something that you have decided not to do.tHe supervisors encourage you to advance.
Great culture
Administration (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2017
I work in Administration at Charlotte Headquarters. Great people work at AAA with tremendous talent and heart. Everyone strives to provide a memorable member experience.
Not competitive with other companies
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 11, 2017
Not competitive with other companies rates. HORRIBLE work environment Employees ....very petty and insecure with themselves when someone new comes in.
Loved working for Bud McCants
Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 13, 2017
Absolutely loved working for AAA. Great friends willing to help when you needed it and would fill in when you needed then to. Great hours of operation with no weekends
Pros
Driving flatbed
Cons
Late hours
Stressful environment
Manager, Automotive Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2017
The company has great products and services but has lost its way in remembering they are there to serve their customers, and not the other way around. The customers and employees are viewed as dollar signs at best.
No Review necessary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 12, 2017
My job was outside sales selling to both businesses and individuals.
It was a rewarding job, since coming from owning my own business.
AAA Carolinas cover both Carolinas.
Mechanic ( A Tech) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2017
I've been with AAA for a little over 3 months. I was recruited by an old boss from the firestone days who is a great guy to work for. AAA as a whole is a good company.
Pros
Good boss, wide range of work
Cons
Unpredictable work flow
Great place to work and help people at the same time!
Dispatcher, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2017
This was a great place to work and gain valuable customer service experience.

They provided good training to give you the confidence to do your job successfully.

I was quickly able to advance and learn more.
Pros
Training.
Cons
Work schedule is not conducive to family life or people with kids.
Not a Bad Place to Work
Call Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 28, 2017
Good job to work at, full time positions pay decent money. It's nice to help people but you need to have patience because you do run into customers who are upset and frustrated.
They have a lack of care for their employees.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 16, 2017
Overall just a lack of care for their tenured employees. Also a lot of tolerated disrespectful behavior from employees. Benefits and pay were great, they pay above minimum wage.
AMAZING Insurance Company!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2017
As a veteran of the insurance industry I was somewhat hesitant to apply with AAA Carolinas. I have been around the block more than a few times and listened to scores of Agents and Agencies promise big salaries and quick advancement to incoming Associate Agents/Agent Interns/Team Members/Agents, etc. only to burn them out quick. AAA Carolinas almost sounded too good to be true. I quickly found that they are extremely true to their word. While they are a large Agency, they still have a small family feel. There is plenty of room for advancement if you are willing to work for it. The base salary for a new agent is much, much higher than average for the Raleigh/Durham market. The management and leadership is forward thinking, always progressive. If you are looking for a place to call home, not just another job—but a career in insurance—this is the place to be!
Pros
Salary, leads, culture, managment, benefits (best in the insurance industry by far--GREAT helath care!
Cons
None come to mind, great place to work!
Company is ok to work for
GS2 (General Service Technician) or C Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NC 28078July 13, 2017
The company is fine to work for its a face paced environment and if you like to work on cars this is the job for you.....................................
I love the Job
Auto Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 4, 2017
I absolutely love this job. The managers are so helpful and creative. Managers dont leave you in the dark without you knowing the answers to your questions if they don't have it they know someone that does
Fun Place to Work
Member Relations Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2017
This is a great job to meet & Greet different people. A typical work day includes, updated account information, taking payments, and solving customers issues with their membership.
great company to work for
Travel Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCJune 16, 2017
I had a great experience working with AAA. If I wasn't moving away I would continue to work for the company. The office manager that I had was a great person and very understanding that life goes on after work. Family was always first.
Productive place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMay 31, 2017
AAA is somewhat a good place to work. It has it's fun days and it's worst days. AAA is truly what people say it is. In my opinion AAA don't pay enough. If you are not willing to settle with this job, don't take it.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Rude members and liable to get fussed and cursed out
Very Disappointing
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 28, 2017
With the exception of some great people that I met here, this is without question the worst place I ever worked at. You're a captive agent so you are expected to sell only the AAA product but they allow other non-AAA independent agents to sell it. AAA's 2 best selling life products aren't available to you as a field agent. They offer no marketing support so you're expected to find business by cold calling members (I found out later they pay a company to do this for some agents but not others). If someone local calls for a quote on insurance, they are often redirected to the call center where the policy is sold direct but as the local agent, you get the pleasure of servicing the policy without compensation. The technology is woefully outdated and the service capabilities do not compare to larger competitors. It's as if they purposely designed a program to capture all of the worst aspects of selling insurance in one place. The agent turnover here is extremely high. There are a lot of agents that struggle here that go on to be successful elsewhere which should clue in management that the problem is not simply that agents aren't making enough cold calls. I'm grateful to no longer be working here. Every day there was an assault on my dignity, sanity and financial well being.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Everything Else
Great Culture
Service/Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 23, 2017
AAA is a great company to work for. The benefits are second to none. All health benefits, 401k, profit sharing and paid time off. I have never had such good benefits
great company
New Hire (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2017
joined the company in the last year after spending most of my career in Fortune 500 corporate. What a refreshing change. Offers the service oriented environment that I enjoy, is focused on the customer/member, has good coworkers, paid time off and a great benefits package. Do not have quarterly layoffs, do not have to travel 50+%, and is not political. All in all, very pleased with the work environment - not going back to big corporate.
Pros
company stability, work life balance, total compensation
Cons
hard to get an interview

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Carolinas. Our community is ready to answer.