AAA Carolinas Employee Reviews

great place to work
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2016
excellent benefits ,great team of employees. I worked in mount pleasant ,sc for 2 years. left because of the commute. now I am back with AAA and have no plans to leave. the staff here work together well, no drama. great benefits including paid time off, vacation, sign on/retention bonuses and paid holidays...for example, the week before Hurricane Mathew we were off all week and AAA Carolinas paid us for the full week. as stated....great company and great people here..
Pros
benefits, great company policies great people
Great Bennifits and Great Place to Work
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2016
The company is focused on growing it's employees. Training and opportunity is unlimited. Your persistence and dedication pays off. You never get in trouble for doing the right thing for our members and customers. Employees with positive attitudes and an awesome work ethic make the days go by faster. I truly enjoy working for the AAA Car Care. Plus this is by far the best benefits at any place I've ever worked.
Pros
Emplyee growth and benifits
Great Company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2016
I've have been employed with AAA for a little over 3 years and I can't say enough wonderful things about my job. AAA offers great benefits. I have advanced already into 3 positions since being hired.
It's worth a shot.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 1, 2016
This job is a good one to start out of you want to work on cars. They'll let you do oil changes and tires. They will most likely train you on brakes, alignments, and fluid services. But that's it. Once they train you to the level they want you that's where you'll stay. Don't expect a raise on your year mark. They have really good benefits which alone is a main reason I stayed . Upper management on corporate level is a joke. My manager just happened to be really cool. Hard to keep staff so expect to work 6 days a week. You get holiday time but you have to work the day before and after the holiday to get paid so good luck in seeing the family. Service advisors at my location were horrible. Couldn't sell anything. All in all I would work for this company again when I get more experience then make the big bucks.
Pros
Benefits, 401k match
Cons
No life balance, no advancement training, horrible starting pay.
Branch Travel Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 9, 2016
Really enjoy working as part of a small team (branch level) with extended "family" at regional and corporate level. We work hard, but laugh a lot, among ourselves and with our clients. Tough part of the job is dealing with the public and some unrealistic expectations. Rewarding part is when you help a member, plan a dream trip and/or really contribute to enhance someone's experience.
AAA Carolinas is a good place to work,offers good working conditions and good benefits package. They invest in training, technology and other employee resources. I appreciate that the corporate culture is one of constant improvement and open communication. Not all departments operate the same, however travel department has good communication, great support and has fun (most days anyway)!
Pros
Ongoing learning / Good corporate support /Fun environment
Cons
Nature of job is stressful;
Pay is horrible
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2016
The pay is horrible. They want you to do a lot with little pay. They haven't had a pay raise since 2000. The commission you get is only 1% which is nothing. I had commission of ยข.80. I was making $9.50 in 2003 when u was in highschool.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 10, 2017
This is the worse job ever I hate the place!!! Do not go they lure you by telling you it's a great place to work but in all actuality they do not care about their employees
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Depressing and petty place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 9, 2016
Worked there about 6 months and everything started off good but then changed immediately. Management is the worst they treat you like trash have their picks and favorites that they let do what they want but when you try it you get in trouble. They sit at the front section and talk about all the employees and then smile in your face. You get very little pay and a bunch of vacation time that you can't even use because someone on your team that have been there for 40 years has already took certain days off you want or need. I was so unhappy at this job and I eventually got fired which was a setup but in the end I realized it was the best for me
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
very little pay
Loved my role
Traffic Safety Manger (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2016
Helping people and providing a safety culture for AAA members was the most rewarding job I have ever had. The ability to work on campaigns and grow within my field was one of the greatest job benefits.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 31, 2017
AAA is a great company to work for and to help customers.
Excellent mechanics, honest and skilled.
Daily help customers maintain and repair their cars.
Great Place to work but you have to be patient
Senior Service Specialists (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work, learned that people are very difficult to deal with and it can be mind blowing but overall its a great company
Productivity
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 23, 2016
The productivity is low I only turn about four to five hours a day a good week I'll turn thirty hours but that's pushing my self to the max
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday and Sunday off
Cons
Short breaks and sometimes no breaks not enough work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 31, 2016
I really enjoy helping customer's and working with my peers. The hardest thing when i first got here was when a member yelled at me i thought i was going to break down and cry but he was only worried about his daughter so i made sure i got him service very quickly
Too many
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 17, 2016
conflicting ideas from management to the rank and file can cause confusion and the resulting loss in revenue is of course blamed on said rank and file
Value of Caring
Email Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2016
ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT
If employee retention is really as important as you express then you should raise employees up and praise them when they are demonstrating excellence and dedication. Understand that no one is robotically perfect... people do make mistakes. Accountability is one thing, reprimand and punishment is another if the employee is holding their own in difficult times. If an employee is not performing to standards, coach them, work with them, raise them to the level you need them to be at. COMMUNICATE!!! If an employee is directly asking for guidance and feedback, communicate with that employee so he/she can do the job you need to be done. Simply value your employees for the professionals they are and they will value where they work. They will work harder and really lift the company and their superiors up because they are happy and know you care.
Pros
Insurance Benefits, 401K, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, Vacation, Fun Co-workers
Cons
Restructuring of departments, lot of gaps in guidance, No job security, No communication from mid and senior level management
Management doesn't have a clue
Travel Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
It honestly depends on the manager at the Branch. It could be awesome, or you could me micromanaged beyond belief.

If you are single, this job will not support you.
Pros
A free trip a year
Cons
Not being able to leave your desk to go to the bathroom or eat lunch.
I enjoyed working with AAA Carolinas, very friendly coworkers and supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 16, 2016
clock in, start receiving calls, learned very quickly what customers expected out of employees of AAA. Most enjoyable was when customers called back to compliment the service I provided. Most difficult time was when calls were backed up and had to be ready to take calls nonstop
Pros
Always had someone to help if needed
Cons
could be very tiring if not used to taking calls nonstop
Ok job
Member Service Center Auto Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 6, 2016
the job is ok; pay could be better, but I guess the profit sharing check makes up for the "ok" pay. opportunities for growth tend to be limited but its still an ok job.
Great place to wrok as long as you don't get on anyone's bad side
Call Management Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCNovember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed my job but it doesn't take long to get on anyone in upper managemennt's bad side. As long as you do what you are supposed to you're good but if you don't, watch out.
Pros
1 hour lunch, overtime, late arrival, and early release
Cons
attitudes with upper management and hr
Help Desk
Network Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2016
This job included monitoring of the technical equipment in all of the NC and SC locations. I was laid off when down-sized. Management was knowledgable and helpful. Co-workers were pleasant and willing to share knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Carolinas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9