AAA Carolinas Employee Reviews

great company
New Hire (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2017
joined the company in the last year after spending most of my career in Fortune 500 corporate. What a refreshing change. Offers the service oriented environment that I enjoy, is focused on the customer/member, has good coworkers, paid time off and a great benefits package. Do not have quarterly layoffs, do not have to travel 50+%, and is not political. All in all, very pleased with the work environment - not going back to big corporate.
Pros
company stability, work life balance, total compensation
Cons
hard to get an interview
Fun place to work
Senior Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMay 16, 2017
Working at AAA was an awesome experienced. It helped me to build my customer service skills and also make me a better person within. I enjoyed working
No advancement
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
AAA should focus more on growing individuals who have been with the company for long durations. It disheartening not being considered for a position when you've been with a company several years and are looking to grow professionally.
Job can be somewhat exhausting
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 26, 2017
typical day you do nothing but answer calls. You can sometimes get a 1-2 break in between the calls but can't make a habit of being "unavailable" too often. Customers can be amazing and then you get the super stressed out ones broken down and they don't know where they are or what's wrong and they take it out on you. I never saw this myself, but I've heard others day management plays favorites. But that's a matter of opinion. Hardest part of the job were the hours. At the beginning the hours are terrible! You have to be there for a while to start getting better hours and better pay.
Pros
Always have someone near by when needing quick assistance.
Cons
constant go go go!!
AAA Carolina
Dispatch Solutions/Call Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 19, 2017
AAA Carolina is a good company to work for, and they offer medical benefits, 401k, eye care and dental insurance. Each employee earn at least three forty hour vacations per year
Pros
1 hour lunches and 3 10 minutes breaks
Cons
the 1 hour lunch is not paid
Great Company
Material Damage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2017
Needs to take steps to advance technology.
Need to sell more to the premium customer and less to high risk multi claim people.
Better organization from top management to front line employee and better communication.
Pros
Great Work environment
Cons
Pay
decent place to work
B Tech (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 28, 2017
long hours was the worst part of this job. pay was great coworkers were great and customers at my location were some of the best. in the beginning things were great but as time went on and people went moved on the management and customer service went out the window. workplace was amazing lots of kind friendly people who were always willing to help in any situation,
Pros
pay, benefits, coworkers, advancement
Cons
short lunches, long hours, having to go back and see if you got paid for jobs you did
very good job
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for AAA but was able to retire early so I took that opportunity. I worked with the members and the tow companies to make sure the members received service. As an assistant supervisor/supervisor worked with the employees to help them and if anything needed improvement to help with suggestions. I was able to work with excel and Microsoft programs.
Pros
health insurance, free meals, transportation to/from work when weather prohibitted for me to drive
Cons
sometimes stressful
Productive and fun place with TV's
Auto Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMarch 14, 2017
AAA Carolina"s is a great place to work. The Supervisors and Managers are wonderful and easy to talk to if you need to. The vibe from your teammates is good, people have no problem working together. The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist a stranded motorist. The most enjoyable part of the job is a Totally Satisfied member.
Pros
Free Food and bonus
Cons
Breaks are too short.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 10, 2017
This is the worse job ever I hate the place!!! Do not go they lure you by telling you it's a great place to work but in all actuality they do not care about their employees
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 31, 2017
AAA is a great company to work for and to help customers.
Excellent mechanics, honest and skilled.
Daily help customers maintain and repair their cars.
Great Place to work but you have to be patient
Senior Service Specialists (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work, learned that people are very difficult to deal with and it can be mind blowing but overall its a great company
Great Company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2016
I've have been employed with AAA for a little over 3 years and I can't say enough wonderful things about my job. AAA offers great benefits. I have advanced already into 3 positions since being hired.
Loved my role
Traffic Safety Manger (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2016
Helping people and providing a safety culture for AAA members was the most rewarding job I have ever had. The ability to work on campaigns and grow within my field was one of the greatest job benefits.
Pay is horrible
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2016
The pay is horrible. They want you to do a lot with little pay. They haven't had a pay raise since 2000. The commission you get is only 1% which is nothing. I had commission of ยข.80. I was making $9.50 in 2003 when u was in highschool.
Great Bennifits and Great Place to Work
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2016
The company is focused on growing it's employees. Training and opportunity is unlimited. Your persistence and dedication pays off. You never get in trouble for doing the right thing for our members and customers. Employees with positive attitudes and an awesome work ethic make the days go by faster. I truly enjoy working for the AAA Car Care. Plus this is by far the best benefits at any place I've ever worked.
Pros
Emplyee growth and benifits
great place to work
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2016
excellent benefits ,great team of employees. I worked in mount pleasant ,sc for 2 years. left because of the commute. now I am back with AAA and have no plans to leave. the staff here work together well, no drama. great benefits including paid time off, vacation, sign on/retention bonuses and paid holidays...for example, the week before Hurricane Mathew we were off all week and AAA Carolinas paid us for the full week. as stated....great company and great people here..
Pros
benefits, great company policies great people
Productivity
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 23, 2016
The productivity is low I only turn about four to five hours a day a good week I'll turn thirty hours but that's pushing my self to the max
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday and Sunday off
Cons
Short breaks and sometimes no breaks not enough work
Too many
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 17, 2016
conflicting ideas from management to the rank and file can cause confusion and the resulting loss in revenue is of course blamed on said rank and file
It's worth a shot.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 1, 2016
This job is a good one to start out of you want to work on cars. They'll let you do oil changes and tires. They will most likely train you on brakes, alignments, and fluid services. But that's it. Once they train you to the level they want you that's where you'll stay. Don't expect a raise on your year mark. They have really good benefits which alone is a main reason I stayed . Upper management on corporate level is a joke. My manager just happened to be really cool. Hard to keep staff so expect to work 6 days a week. You get holiday time but you have to work the day before and after the holiday to get paid so good luck in seeing the family. Service advisors at my location were horrible. Couldn't sell anything. All in all I would work for this company again when I get more experience then make the big bucks.
Pros
Benefits, 401k match
Cons
No life balance, no advancement training, horrible starting pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Carolinas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval