AAA Carolinas

AAA Carolinas Employer Reviews

Professional and fun enviroment
Travel agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2015
Enjoyed working and planning vacations for others and plenty of advanced training provided.Worked at the headuarters and made for an enjoyable experience.
This Company is well established t is a pleasure working there.
Insurance Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2015
Pros: we have a good work schedule
Cons: the office is cold.
This is a good place to work. I like the atmosphere and the people I work with. The location of the office is very close to my house. I have learned a lot about follow up paper work and how much customer don't hear you even when you repeat yourself.
Great workplace
IT Department (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: time flys
AAA Carolinas is a great place to work. It's the type of place that you can walk down the hall and run into the president of the company and have a conversation. You have freedom to be innovative and new ideas are welcomed.
Very good culture to work for
District Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: learning all aspects of all the business sides of aaa.
Cons: changes in upper management.
A typical day at work was overseeing 12 stores in the eastern region of NC. Involved in new store constructions, inventory management, day to day operations, interaction with customers, team building.

The most enjoyable part of the day was working with my teams and building the company from 4 stores to 32 stores.
AAA Carolinas
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 21, 2015
My typical day at work was great! I loved helping all stranded motorist and accommodating anyone needing help. AAA Carolinas is a company with many great learning experiences!
Review
Retention Team Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to work with wonderful associates and some talented management.
Productive and a great place to work
Premier Services Counselor (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 8, 2015
AAA Carolinas was one of the best jobs. I enjoyed helping members that needed my help and I learned a lot. Management was great and my coworkers and I really had a great time working. There was nothing hard about the job at all
fun working enviorment
Service specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great place to work
really great place to work the people are nice and everyone is there to help
Great Place to Work
Auditor (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch
Cons: 10 min breaks
A typical day at AAA will be described as laid back. I have learned how to handle irate members and how to help someone over the phone. During my time at AAA, we lost a lot of management and some of the positions are still open. My coworkers and I always work as a time to make sure the member gets the quick and efficent service. The hardest part of AAA will be dealing with irate members and truck drivers. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping someone who is in need of my services.
worst place I have ever been employed at.
Automotive Lube Tech (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCNovember 24, 2014
Cons: low pay, no work, lack of management, no advancement, no training, no structure
Lack of management, lack of work, no pay and expect you to bend over backwards for them. When federal holidays come up, you have to work the day before and after, cant take vacation to be with family and dont get ypur refular day off.
Meet new people and fun.
Call Management/ Senior Service Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCOctober 12, 2014
This job you work hard for low pay but you gets to meet different people. I loved it! You work as a team.
Dodge this bullet
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: 16 points and you are fired
This is worst place ever to work. Every day no matter how great a worker you are you are worried if you will be walked out and fired. (So embarrassing) The workers are rude and management is even worser.
Worse insurance job I've had in my seventeen years of insurance experience
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: micromanagement, massive employee turnover, frequent dismissals
I have three words. . . micromanagement, micromanagement, micromanagement. I was an agent with this company for three years. The rules constantly change, they create an environment that fosters too much competition amoung co-workers leading to hostility, they expect working many more hours than the pay justifies, there were reports required constantly which documented almost every single activity of your day, they monitor phone calls for what they call "training purposes", but use that as a reason for dismissal and I was lied to by management on several occasions including deception and broken agreements.
Amazing job with various advancement opportunities
Membership Services Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, great pay, healthcare
I believe this is the ideal job for many people. Great management that treats their employees like family. Co-workers were determined and energetic! The hardest part of the job is deciding what department to move up to. Everything about this job was enjoyable, especially being able to provide my own experiences to customers to help in their decision on becoming a member of the company.
AAA Carolinas is a very nice company to work for.
S2 Emergency Roadside Service Operator (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 3, 2014
The management of AAA Carolinas really cares about their employees. The benefits are excellent. They prize quality over speed. The management treated the employees with respect and dignity.
Great culture and place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 13, 2014
Pros: many insurance companies to write with
Cons: personal growth low opportunities
AAA Carolinas was extremely fun and very rewarding.
It was a rewarding job helping out our members
I enjoyed my co workers
I enjoyed the benefits they provided
AAA is an amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCMay 22, 2014
Pros: good work environment, friendly coworkers
Cons: managers that show favoritism
I can honestly say that I enjoyed my work experience with AAA. Your hard work is rewarded and there is always someone there that is willing to help you
Never work for these people
Insurance consultant (Former Employee), Raleigh NCMay 12, 2014
Pros: aaa membership discount, employee discount on travel and automotive dept
Cons: overworked and surely underpaid !
The management, do not know how to manage. You are expected to produce high numbers so those in management can reap the rewards. Their turnover rate in insurance is extremely HIGH !!! Terrible work environment !
Not really a great place to work
Call taker (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 2, 2014
Pros: a paycheck (when it's correct)
Cons: favoritism and brown nosing
Policies are in place but not enforced the same for everyone. Too much favoritism. You are encouraged to speak your opinion but be careful, if you say anything negative management will keep a close eye on you and look for things to terminate you for. Some employees are allowed to get away with certain things that others cannot. Sexual harrassment gets swept under the rug. Certain managers have been using their position and power to "get a date" with women employees that come to work there. Some of these women end up with promotions. Management expect anyone "under" them to do things they will not do. You will never see a manager working nights and weekends or holidays.It's just overall a very unfair place to work and it's getting worse all the time.
Great place to work, you are left alone if you do your job. No hassles!!!
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Mt PleasantNovember 26, 2013
Pros: great hours. great people in the local offices
Cons: not alot of opportunity for promotion from out lying markets.
The pay is a little off. Based on the current economy probably in line. Great benefits. Not much interaction with corporate. They leave you alone to do your job.

1 2 3

About AAA Carolinas

As North America's largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides its more than 49 million members with travel, – Read more