AAA Carolinas Employee Reviews in United States

Management doesn't have a clue
Travel Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
It honestly depends on the manager at the Branch. It could be awesome, or you could me micromanaged beyond belief.

If you are single, this job will not support you.
Pros
A free trip a year
Cons
Not being able to leave your desk to go to the bathroom or eat lunch.
Ok job
Member Service Center Auto Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 6, 2016
the job is ok; pay could be better, but I guess the profit sharing check makes up for the "ok" pay. opportunities for growth tend to be limited but its still an ok job.
I enjoyed working with AAA Carolinas, very friendly coworkers and supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 16, 2016
clock in, start receiving calls, learned very quickly what customers expected out of employees of AAA. Most enjoyable was when customers called back to compliment the service I provided. Most difficult time was when calls were backed up and had to be ready to take calls nonstop
Pros
Always had someone to help if needed
Cons
could be very tiring if not used to taking calls nonstop
Help Desk
Network Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2016
This job included monitoring of the technical equipment in all of the NC and SC locations. I was laid off when down-sized. Management was knowledgable and helpful. Co-workers were pleasant and willing to share knowledge.
Great place to wrok as long as you don't get on anyone's bad side
Call Management Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCNovember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed my job but it doesn't take long to get on anyone in upper managemennt's bad side. As long as you do what you are supposed to you're good but if you don't, watch out.
Pros
1 hour lunch, overtime, late arrival, and early release
Cons
attitudes with upper management and hr
It's a trick!
Csr (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2015
When you start they make you think it's a great place to work, after a few months they Crack down and change all the rules. Micromanagment at its finest!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management/HR doesn't step in
Avoid the AAA finance department
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2015
Morale in the finance department is the worse. There were bullying incidents. bad attitudes and these were fueled by management. Micro managing was constant. This job pays well below market. high turnover.
Unfairly run business with no job security
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Assist a team of 16 or more team member to proper tell emergency roadside service calls, schedule GROW session weekly and team meetings monthly, make sure team members are providing excellent customer service to each AAA member.
outgoing
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 7, 2015
6 years ago I would had stated that AAA is the best company to work for but after working with the Caroliinas club I would disagree. Advancement is little to non with little advancement on the pay scale.
Pros
health Care, PTOs
Cons
Pay scale, little advancement
Workday
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCSeptember 6, 2015
Once you have learned the skills that it takes to work in a call center everything is pretty much laid back. I personal really enjoy working here helping other people on a daily.
Pros
1 hour lunch break and opportunity to grown
Cons
benefits are great
Turnover rate is very high
Call receiver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed the work of answering incoming roadside assistance calls. Helping people is something that I love to do and working there did just that. I just hate that they don't do rehires because I would definitely go back to work there
Good Entry Level Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 13, 2015
AAA Carolinas is a great place to work. But just be prepared to work and come into the job with a mindset that you will do one call at a time and go home at the end of your shift. Don't get to caught up in the politics and don't get upset if you do more of one kind of call than the other.

This job does not qualify as full time anymore so be prepared to work only 30 hours a week.
Pros
Working Independently, Good Benefits
Cons
NO Scheduled Breaks, Poor Management
Great
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 11, 2015
I've been with AAA for a few years, it is a great place to experience life and to learn a lot of new things about a lot of different people. The best part is we get to help people who really need our help!
Pros
Free Food often, Great staff
Creates a Positve Challenge
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 10, 2015
Working in an incoming call center that provides emergency roadside assistance is certainly challenging as every call is unique and every member has their own story.
My typical day; not only do I receive road side assistance calls but the team I am on also provides driving directions (both verbal, emailing and ordering printed material), booking hotel reservations, supporting company branded products, filing automobile and home owners insurance claims. The list goes on.
I work with a wonderful team that works well together. Our supervisor is our rock as, she is not there to offer assistance when needed but also gives us positive reinforcement to better ourselves and reach our (company and personal) goals.
The hardest part of the job is trying to stay within the computerized adherence schedule as it does not recognize that one is working on a call.
Pros
Great Benefits, Organized events to keep everyone upbeat, Vacation time
Cons
Scheduling vacation time (although they offer 4 weeks a year to start- awsome)
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 7, 2015
Inbound calls. Fast paced business.

Fun place to work. Employee teamwork and management was great

The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customer but I have learned by experience how to own each situation.

Most enjoyable part of the job was teams and management. Constantly rewarded for achievements.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
n/a
upper management is a joke
car care (Former Employee) –  irmoJune 3, 2015
was at this company for 4 years saw atleast 15 managers come and go because of the stress and micromanaging the big wigs cause...i finally learned a great deal due to one manager i finally had that went out of his way to teach me and let me use some machines.

as for the pay i found it to be low and the hours you turn to be lower, not many cars come through the shop some days (meaning less than 5) and most of those are oil change only coupon abusers that are just there to use the oil change coupon and get out.

by far the hardest part of the job was listening to upper management telling there story of whats wrong with the company when i witnessed first hand there is ZERO structure in managment

as for the coworkers the best!!! i met some of my bestfriends here and by far was the most enjoyable thing about this job

examples of stupidity super a tech was hired and put his 2 weeks notice in because he moved...moved back and asked for his job back...hq replyed with we do not rehire!
later a worker showed up to work drunk got fired then was rehired and PROMOTED TO MANAGER

theres just tons of backpedaling and fingerpointing at this job
Pros
workers
Cons
everything else
Overall great place to work
Automotive Field Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2015
AAA Carolinas is truly a great place to work. It's the type of place that you can walk down the hall and run into an Executive and actually have a conversation. You can have freedom to be creative within the confines of company policy and really make an impact. The profit sharing is an added bonus as well.
Fun place to work.
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMay 18, 2015
My typical day at work is sitting at my cubical and answering phone calls. I learned how to use a map properly. My co workers were fun to work with and I got along with everyone. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help someone and the most enjoyable part of my job was listening to how excited the members were when I was able to assist them.
Pros
Down time
Cons
Short breaks
excellent company/products but limited compensation
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Asheville NCMay 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for AAA Carolinas as an Insurance Agent. They had great companies to write for as well as The Members Insurance Company. However, the compensation was very lacking. Having run an insurance agency previously, it was hard to not have vesting in your own book of business. I will say that if you are a newbie to the business, then AAA is a great place to earn while you learn.
Pros
Nice office/ good products
Cons
Pay.
Constantly live under fear of losing your job
Dispatcher, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMay 15, 2015
After summer/upper management becomes real nick picky about your job performance. They start firing as many people as they can. They are a non-profit sharing company. Management does not like to share the big profit sharing checks at the end of the year. So beware! This is the truth!