AAA Carolinas

AAA Carolinas Employee Reviews

Turnover rate is very high
Call receiver (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed the work of answering incoming roadside assistance calls. Helping people is something that I love to do and working there did just that. I just hate that they don't do rehires because I would definitely go back to work there
Good Entry Level Job
Driver (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Working Independently, Good Benefits
Cons: NO Scheduled Breaks, Poor Management
AAA Carolinas is a great place to work. But just be prepared to work and come into the job with a mindset that you will do one call at a time and go home at the end of your shift. Don't get to caught up in the politics and don't get upset if you do more of one kind of call than the other.

This job does not qualify as full time anymore so be prepared to work only 30 hours a week.
Great
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free Food often, Great staff
I've been with AAA for a few years, it is a great place to experience life and to learn a lot of new things about a lot of different people. The best part is we get to help people who really need our help!
Creates a Positve Challenge
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Organized events to keep everyone upbeat, Vacation time
Cons: Scheduling vacation time (although they offer 4 weeks a year to start- awsome)
Working in an incoming call center that provides emergency roadside assistance is certainly challenging as every call is unique and every member has their own story.
My typical day; not only do I receive road side assistance calls but the team I am on also provides driving directions (both verbal, emailing and ordering printed material), booking hotel reservations, supporting company branded products, filing automobile and home owners insurance claims. The list goes on.
I work with a wonderful team that works well together. Our supervisor is our rock as, she is not there to offer assistance when needed but also gives us positive reinforcement to better ourselves and reach our (company and personal) goals.
The hardest part of the job is trying to stay within the computerized adherence schedule as it does not recognize that one is working on a call.
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 7, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: n/a
Inbound calls. Fast paced business.

Fun place to work. Employee teamwork and management was great

The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customer but I have learned by experience how to own each situation.

Most enjoyable part of the job was teams and management. Constantly rewarded for achievements.
upper management is a joke
car care (Former Employee), irmoJune 3, 2015
Pros: workers
Cons: everything else
was at this company for 4 years saw atleast 15 managers come and go because of the stress and micromanaging the big wigs cause...i finally learned a great deal due to one manager i finally had that went out of his way to teach me and let me use some machines.

as for the pay i found it to be low and the hours you turn to be lower, not many cars come through the shop some days (meaning less than 5) and most of those are oil change only coupon abusers that are just there to use the oil change coupon and get out.

by far the hardest part of the job was listening to upper management telling there story of whats wrong with the company when i witnessed first hand there is ZERO structure in managment

as for the coworkers the best!!! i met some of my bestfriends here and by far was the most enjoyable thing about this job

examples of stupidity super a tech was hired and put his 2 weeks notice in because he moved...moved back and asked for his job back...hq replyed with we do not rehire!
later a worker showed up to work drunk got fired then was rehired and PROMOTED TO MANAGER

theres just tons of backpedaling and fingerpointing at this job
Overall great place to work
Automotive Field Support Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2015
AAA Carolinas is truly a great place to work. It's the type of place that you can walk down the hall and run into an Executive and actually have a conversation. You can have freedom to be creative within the confines of company policy and really make an impact. The profit sharing is an added bonus as well.
Fun place to work.
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCMay 18, 2015
Pros: Down time
Cons: Short breaks
My typical day at work is sitting at my cubical and answering phone calls. I learned how to use a map properly. My co workers were fun to work with and I got along with everyone. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help someone and the most enjoyable part of my job was listening to how excited the members were when I was able to assist them.
excellent company/products but limited compensation
Agency Owner (Former Employee), Asheville NCMay 15, 2015
Pros: Nice office/ good products
Cons: Pay.
I really enjoyed working for AAA Carolinas as an Insurance Agent. They had great companies to write for as well as The Members Insurance Company. However, the compensation was very lacking. Having run an insurance agency previously, it was hard to not have vesting in your own book of business. I will say that if you are a newbie to the business, then AAA is a great place to earn while you learn.
Constantly live under fear of losing your job
Dispatcher, Supervisor (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCMay 15, 2015
After summer/upper management becomes real nick picky about your job performance. They start firing as many people as they can. They are a non-profit sharing company. Management does not like to share the big profit sharing checks at the end of the year. So beware! This is the truth!
AAA is 5 star!!!!!!
Anonymous (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, management, profit sharing
Cons: It's not my real family...hate leaving at the end of the day.
I love my job. AAA Carolinas is truly a great place to work. The day goes by fast with helpful teammates and management that understands the challenges of the industry. I am very thankful that I chose AAA.
Tough working environment, poor compensation and horrible work/life balance
Insurance Consultant, Team lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good Start for those with no insurance experience, profit sharing, some good colleagues
Cons: Management, horrible culture, little upward mobility, poor compensation, minimal brand recognition with own member base
This position at the onset was a great move for me and I owe a lot to AAA for the opportunity this job afforded me. AAA Insurance paid for my training, licensing and any fees associated with it. Pay was comparable to previous job but as I come to find out lower than what was offered by other companies doing the same work. Throughout my tenure commission structure and bonus plans changed frequently to the point if at any moment they felt it was benefiting the agent they would revise it.

There is constant pressure to meet high production numbers and prospect "warm leads," AAA members, most of which have never heard of AAA writing auto and home insurance. The company does nothing to drive business to the branches and there is no marketing presence of the brand other than what the other established clubs have done (AAA S Cal, AAA MI, etc) that trickles to the Carolina's (race sponsorship, transferring members/insureds from other clubs). You are expected to maintain relationships with your clients all while pushing them to a service dept that is inept at doing their own job so you in turn spend a majority of time servicing as well.

This company is growing like mad and it creates a feast/famine environment that causes agents to become cutthroat and still business from each other when calls are received. Don't take a comp day or vacation day because you could leave yourself open to a theft of business. Did I mention you get to work Saturday's and on some weeks 6 days straight as taking your comp day for working Saturday is frowned upon if you aren't on pace for goal.

– more...
The worst part that pushed me to seek other opportunities was management. There were constant mixed signals sent and though they wanted morale to be kept high with the agents by their managers (team leads) management would constantly go behind you and belittle and beraid your direct reports. You could never be honest and open with your agents as that was frowned upon. Rose colored glasses will be needed at all times. Upper management will never give you a straight answer and will string you along hoping concerns/questions will go away.

It is sad to say but the most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with my colleagues who were fighting the good fight in the trenches with me, my office colleagues from the other business lines (travel, carcare), the clients I had long-term established relationships with to the point we would just chat about items other than insurance. Lastly I enjoyed going home and not being there.

I learned a great deal about the industry and owe a lot to AAA but I would never recommend anyone to work within the insurance division. – less
Fun People
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee), SCApril 13, 2015
Fun place to work with great co-workers. Problems with management and goals. Too much pressure from high positions who don't listen to those in the offices.
ERS Field Manager, Approved Auto Repair Program (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with different departments and learning about the people that worked there. Management was very sociable and supportive. Hardest part of the job was putting on the sales cap and selling our program which wasn't very difficult at all.
Professional and fun enviroment
Travel agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2015
Enjoyed working and planning vacations for others and plenty of advanced training provided.Worked at the headuarters and made for an enjoyable experience.
This Company is well established t is a pleasure working there.
Insurance Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2015
Pros: we have a good work schedule
Cons: the office is cold.
This is a good place to work. I like the atmosphere and the people I work with. The location of the office is very close to my house. I have learned a lot about follow up paper work and how much customer don't hear you even when you repeat yourself.
Great workplace
IT Department (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: time flys
AAA Carolinas is a great place to work. It's the type of place that you can walk down the hall and run into the president of the company and have a conversation. You have freedom to be innovative and new ideas are welcomed.
Very good culture to work for
District Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: learning all aspects of all the business sides of aaa.
Cons: changes in upper management.
A typical day at work was overseeing 12 stores in the eastern region of NC. Involved in new store constructions, inventory management, day to day operations, interaction with customers, team building.

The most enjoyable part of the day was working with my teams and building the company from 4 stores to 32 stores.
AAA Carolinas
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 21, 2015
My typical day at work was great! I loved helping all stranded motorist and accommodating anyone needing help. AAA Carolinas is a company with many great learning experiences!
Review
Retention Team Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to work with wonderful associates and some talented management.
Headquarters