AAA Carolinas Employee Reviews

It's worth a shot.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 1, 2016
This job is a good one to start out of you want to work on cars. They'll let you do oil changes and tires. They will most likely train you on brakes, alignments, and fluid services. But that's it. Once they train you to the level they want you that's where you'll stay. Don't expect a raise on your year mark. They have really good benefits which alone is a main reason I stayed . Upper management on corporate level is a joke. My manager just happened to be really cool. Hard to keep staff so expect to work 6 days a week. You get holiday time but you have to work the day before and after the holiday to get paid so good luck in seeing the family. Service advisors at my location were horrible. Couldn't sell anything. All in all I would work for this company again when I get more experience then make the big bucks.
Pros
Benefits, 401k match
Cons
No life balance, no advancement training, horrible starting pay.
Branch Travel Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 9, 2016
Really enjoy working as part of a small team (branch level) with extended "family" at regional and corporate level. We work hard, but laugh a lot, among ourselves and with our clients. Tough part of the job is dealing with the public and some unrealistic expectations. Rewarding part is when you help a member, plan a dream trip and/or really contribute to enhance someone's experience.
AAA Carolinas is a good place to work,offers good working conditions and good benefits package. They invest in training, technology and other employee resources. I appreciate that the corporate culture is one of constant improvement and open communication. Not all departments operate the same, however travel department has good communication, great support and has fun (most days anyway)!
Pros
Ongoing learning / Good corporate support /Fun environment
Cons
Nature of job is stressful;
Depressing and petty place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 9, 2016
Worked there about 6 months and everything started off good but then changed immediately. Management is the worst they treat you like trash have their picks and favorites that they let do what they want but when you try it you get in trouble. They sit at the front section and talk about all the employees and then smile in your face. You get very little pay and a bunch of vacation time that you can't even use because someone on your team that have been there for 40 years has already took certain days off you want or need. I was so unhappy at this job and I eventually got fired which was a setup but in the end I realized it was the best for me
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
very little pay
Value of Caring
Email Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2016
ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT
If employee retention is really as important as you express then you should raise employees up and praise them when they are demonstrating excellence and dedication. Understand that no one is robotically perfect... people do make mistakes. Accountability is one thing, reprimand and punishment is another if the employee is holding their own in difficult times. If an employee is not performing to standards, coach them, work with them, raise them to the level you need them to be at. COMMUNICATE!!! If an employee is directly asking for guidance and feedback, communicate with that employee so he/she can do the job you need to be done. Simply value your employees for the professionals they are and they will value where they work. They will work harder and really lift the company and their superiors up because they are happy and know you care.
Pros
Insurance Benefits, 401K, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, Vacation, Fun Co-workers
Cons
Restructuring of departments, lot of gaps in guidance, No job security, No communication from mid and senior level management
Good Entry Level Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 13, 2015
AAA Carolinas is a great place to work. But just be prepared to work and come into the job with a mindset that you will do one call at a time and go home at the end of your shift. Don't get to caught up in the politics and don't get upset if you do more of one kind of call than the other.

This job does not qualify as full time anymore so be prepared to work only 30 hours a week.
Pros
Working Independently, Good Benefits
Cons
NO Scheduled Breaks, Poor Management
Creates a Positve Challenge
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 10, 2015
Working in an incoming call center that provides emergency roadside assistance is certainly challenging as every call is unique and every member has their own story.
My typical day; not only do I receive road side assistance calls but the team I am on also provides driving directions (both verbal, emailing and ordering printed material), booking hotel reservations, supporting company branded products, filing automobile and home owners insurance claims. The list goes on.
I work with a wonderful team that works well together. Our supervisor is our rock as, she is not there to offer assistance when needed but also gives us positive reinforcement to better ourselves and reach our (company and personal) goals.
The hardest part of the job is trying to stay within the computerized adherence schedule as it does not recognize that one is working on a call.
Pros
Great Benefits, Organized events to keep everyone upbeat, Vacation time
Cons
Scheduling vacation time (although they offer 4 weeks a year to start- awsome)
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 31, 2016
I really enjoy helping customer's and working with my peers. The hardest thing when i first got here was when a member yelled at me i thought i was going to break down and cry but he was only worried about his daughter so i made sure i got him service very quickly
Workday
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCSeptember 6, 2015
Once you have learned the skills that it takes to work in a call center everything is pretty much laid back. I personal really enjoy working here helping other people on a daily.
Pros
1 hour lunch break and opportunity to grown
Cons
benefits are great
Productivity
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 23, 2016
The productivity is low I only turn about four to five hours a day a good week I'll turn thirty hours but that's pushing my self to the max
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday and Sunday off
Cons
Short breaks and sometimes no breaks not enough work
Too many
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 17, 2016
conflicting ideas from management to the rank and file can cause confusion and the resulting loss in revenue is of course blamed on said rank and file
excellent company/products but limited compensation
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Asheville NCMay 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for AAA Carolinas as an Insurance Agent. They had great companies to write for as well as The Members Insurance Company. However, the compensation was very lacking. Having run an insurance agency previously, it was hard to not have vesting in your own book of business. I will say that if you are a newbie to the business, then AAA is a great place to earn while you learn.
Pros
Nice office/ good products
Cons
Pay.
Worse insurance job I've had in my seventeen years of insurance experience
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 8, 2014
I have three words. . . micromanagement, micromanagement, micromanagement. I was an agent with this company for three years. The rules constantly change, they create an environment that fosters too much competition amoung co-workers leading to hostility, they expect working many more hours than the pay justifies, there were reports required constantly which documented almost every single activity of your day, they monitor phone calls for what they call "training purposes", but use that as a reason for dismissal and I was lied to by management on several occasions including deception and broken agreements.
benefits
Cons
micromanagement, massive employee turnover, frequent dismissals
Management doesn't have a clue
Travel Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
It honestly depends on the manager at the Branch. It could be awesome, or you could me micromanaged beyond belief.

If you are single, this job will not support you.
Pros
A free trip a year
Cons
Not being able to leave your desk to go to the bathroom or eat lunch.
I enjoyed working with AAA Carolinas, very friendly coworkers and supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 16, 2016
clock in, start receiving calls, learned very quickly what customers expected out of employees of AAA. Most enjoyable was when customers called back to compliment the service I provided. Most difficult time was when calls were backed up and had to be ready to take calls nonstop
Pros
Always had someone to help if needed
Cons
could be very tiring if not used to taking calls nonstop
Ok job
Member Service Center Auto Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 6, 2016
the job is ok; pay could be better, but I guess the profit sharing check makes up for the "ok" pay. opportunities for growth tend to be limited but its still an ok job.
Suppose to be"a great place to work"
Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids NCJanuary 29, 2013
From the start it seemed like a good place to work but once training was over and it was time to go to the floor my opinion about the work environment began to change slowly. My primary trainer was great and so were some of the Asst. Sups. In my opinion if you are not the type of person that can tolerate a number of your superiors sitting on their bottoms half way doing their job and getting an attitude with their workers for asking question this is not a good place to be. Several of my coworkers along with myself refused to ask some of the "supervisors" for assistance based on the type of response they may or may not give. For the work you do there you are severally under paid! Typical call center environment! The only thing great about this place is the fact that there is no dress code.
Pros
relaxed dress code.
Cons
benefits are no good.
stay away from this company
customer service (Former Employee) –  charlotte, ncApril 18, 2013
This company is a prejudice company that discriminates against older employers. They make promises they don't keep and no matter how you work and go above and beyond, if you are older, they do not want you and will find a way to get rid of you. Benefits end at midnight the day they lay you off and they don't offer a dime of assistance to help continue your coverage. They tell you to contact them if you need anything and then ignore you like you are dead to them. Horrible management team in Charlotte. I would do without before I would consider working for them again.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything
Overworked-Underpaid
ssp (Current Employee) –  ncApril 10, 2013
As fas as the atmosphere, it is an ok place to work..heat in the winter and air conditioner in the summer. The pay is incredibly low for the amount of work related to this job. The funny thing is they try to convince you that you are working at a great place because they feed you hot dogs every so often. Employees get a $ .25 raise yearly and they find every way possible not to give you the raise(when it is time to get the raise) lol!!
Rules constantly change and there are no clear answers about lots of situations. You can ask one supervisor and get a completly different answer from another supervisor. There is no job security, they pretend that we are one happy family but you can get fired for something very simple and they dont care about the amount of time you have been there.
Schedules are harsh and crazy. Say goodbye to your life, kids, weekends, family reunions, and anything else you like to do!! lls
There are some really nice employees and supervisors there but be very careful what you do because everyone that smile is not not your friend.
Pros
profir sharing
Cons
everything else--pay especially
AAA Carolinas
Travel Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 26, 2012
Assisting clients/customers with travel arrangement or other AAA services. Arranging flight, car rentals, and hotel arrangement for clients. Working with several travel vendors to obtain the best travel plans for clients. Co-workers overall worked well with each other. The hardest part of the job was working in the office along with car care in same office. The office was noisy and difficult for clients and employees to have privacy for discussion. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients have a memorable vacation.
benefits
Cons
working environment
Help Desk
Network Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2016
This job included monitoring of the technical equipment in all of the NC and SC locations. I was laid off when down-sized. Management was knowledgable and helpful. Co-workers were pleasant and willing to share knowledge.

2.8