AAA Cooper Transportation Employee Reviews

great place
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 20, 2018
Go for it. If trucking is your true desire in life this is the place for you. I have nothing negative to say about the place because my department is amazing!
good work place
TRUCK DRIVER DEDICATED AND LTL (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL 33069February 19, 2018
ok place to work i guess but management really sucks i dont know who hires managers that have never driven a truck in there life thats the only bad thing
Good company
Dock Worker / P& D Driver (Former Employee) –  5735 Little YorkFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day it involved me preparing my equipment to depart for my assigned route and departing. Then I would drive to assigned meet point and exchange trailer with another driver and return to terminal. The work environment was great. Management allowed you to come in and do your job without a lot of supervision. There really nothing hard about the job. I enjoyed the freedom of being on your own and taking care of business. Just doing what you need to do to get the job done.
Pros
Being on your own
Cons
I believe that the pay could be better
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 27, 2018
Income and benefits good. Paid holidays. Very fast paced work environment, which made for a great challenge. Most difficult part of the job was night shift.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Night Shift
Nothing Special
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNJanuary 19, 2018
It was a typical dock setting, with mostly just everyone just trying to work to get the job done, so that they could go home. It was only enjoyable when you could work with the right people.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Couldn't move up or increase salary.
Good job good money
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2018
I operated a tractor trailer at ACT for 25 years. I am currently enjoying retirement. My wife and I Raised 3 children owned a home always had good vehicles, including a motorcycle and a boat. We also enjoyed going on vacations.
The bills were paid and my children lacked for nothing. I worked Monday to Friday with
All the major holidays off ( this has a lot to do with the terminal one works at. Large terminals tend to operate almost 24/6 or 7
Days where smaller ones 18/5.) Sometimes the job was aggravating and other times very
Rewarding. The pay was always above average. Job is above average. We are talking truck driving. I can’t speak for office or
Mechanic personel. Also keep in mind we live
In an imperfect world.
Pros
Monday to Friday. Home every day/ or night
Cons
10-12 hour days. High med deductible
Growing Company
Professional Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 3, 2018
Quick paced, good equipment to drive. Family owned. Opportunity to grow within the company if you are interested. When you first start at minimum pay, you get a pay increase each month until you top out
Pros
Clean equipment, Reliable equipment
Cons
Too much freight loaded for daily delivery. Slip seat
amazing work group
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work, I will continue working here! I can come in and know there will not be any problems from mangers or co-workers. Everybody is very friendly and never scared to speak on a daily basis.
Hours are good pay could be better
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind making sh×t money. Hours are not bad. Sit around and wait a lot. Equipment is fairly decent. But the pay and benefits could be better the pay sucks.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Excellent Place to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 18, 2017
This is the best company to work for. Management is awesome. They really and truly care about their employees and the well-being of the company. The workplace culture is very friendly and helpful. There was not a hard part of the job at all. The training was well developed and planned. The trainer was very informative and very helpful and skillful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendliness and the helpfulness from management all the way down to the co-workers. I am so very glad to have been a part of this company and looking forward to the opportunity again.
AAA Cooper transportation
Dispatch /supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2017
Good company to start with, long hours per day, always feel threatened by management . No place for advancements and I personally need a change of environment.
Pros
decent pay
good company
pick up and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 16, 2017
Good company and very fast paced. As long as you do your job you will be fine. Very physical job so you must be is good shape. Have to be able to work in an environment.
Productivity was hard,
Fork Lift Operator/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2017
It was a good company, just have the wrong people in management, It was my fellow co-workers that kept me going though the day. My work days were hard.
Pros
good co-workers.
Cons
Dont get paid overtime, you work straight pay.
Great place
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2017
Find that while working here I've grown and have been encouraged to grow from my manager. I know if I wanted to return they would be willing to have me back.
great job
Material/Freight handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 6, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - joining make positive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together Interesting projects. I have worked at AAA for 2 years and no to projects are alike,A great culture coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Pros
hour break
Cons
it get cold, it gets hot
Best Company I have ever worked for.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 27, 2017
AAA Cooper is where I cut my teeth. I started with AAA Cooper back in 1995 as a part time dock worker. I then drove in the City as a City Driver. Moved up into Outbound leadman, City Dispatcher, onto Operations Manager, then onto Trainer, Inbound Supervisor, and Managed 6 Service Centers. I learned a lot from AAA Cooper. Went to a lot of Leadership schools, a lot of specialty schools from Haz-Mat to a personality school, etc, etc. This Company spared no expense. Great Culture whom teaches balance, but at the same time when it is time to go to work expects to put in the hours and go to work and get the work done and provide service to the Customers. This is a very good Company to work for.
Pros
Great Culture.
Cons
None. Very good Company.
Hostile Senority/staff member ranking work culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2017
Hostile work culture at AAA cooper. New employees with a high work ethic are singled out as threats to the status quo. This company mixes drivers and dock workers in the performance of, at times, mandatory dock work. The obvious pay difference between drivers and dock workers creates a tension on the dock from the lower paid dock workers.
good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2017
you know what your getting paid, and your run is your run, that will never change, good job,,money is good also, good people to work for, when you get to work your load is ready for you. your set is hooked,
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
n/a
Good company to work for until changes implemented to working hours.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALNovember 23, 2017
Salary was competitive. Enjoyed working as driver of 18 wheeler, however, management implemented split shift work schedule that caused hardship and resulted in requirement to find employment with set schedule.
ok
Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2017
Good for a long time until recent management changes. Last management group was not a good environment so I started looking for something different, Was on nights also
Pros
good equipment
Cons
nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Cooper Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.