AAA Cooper Transportation

AAA Cooper Transportation Employer Reviews

Trucking Industry
Accounts Receivable Collection Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Learned the in (s) and out (s) of the Trucking industry.
Fun workplace and small company
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2014
Start my day by organizing the appointment trailers and getting out the certain freight that goes out for delivery. Then I break the trailers as they come in. I have learned how the LTL business operates and how to work through all seasons and difficulties. The management are ran with very nice people. The co-workers are fun and easy to work with. The organization is probably the toughest part of the job because there is so much freight and product to keep track of. the people are enjoyable to work with.
High pace
Dockworker/CDL Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: you can learn on your own.
Cons: little to no training.
You can move up but it will be 98% you with 2% help from the management. But without that 2% you can't move up.
Had room to advance for a while
Payroll/Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Started day opening mail, collecting ads and checks, sent checks to data entry, encoded checks for deposit, worked on account payable invoices, matching, encoding and setting up for payment. Made payable report to be paid. Closed charge card machines. Very fast paced. Good working conditions
part time job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2014
They did not have great management when i worked for this company. They did not appreciate the employees they had working for them.
Driver (Current Employee), Nashville Tn.June 11, 2014
Pros: truck are old but you can get them fixed .
Cons: lost the contract
Most people were very help full From the shop to the front office .
Extremely poor management, Good 'ole boy environment .
P&D. Driver (Current Employee), Tyler Tx.May 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: very poor management/ good ole boy environment
The terminal manager and dock supervisor don't have a clue how to run a successful terminal! Too busy tryin to "take care of " the good 'ole boys,their select few. Not uncommon to work 12/13 hours days to pick up the numerous lazy driver's slack. If you say anything or voice your opinion you will be subjected to retaliation in the form of extremely long days and every possible awful delivery/pick-up available. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR TALENT HERE!!
Day Driver (Current Employee), TNMay 1, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no sick leave
Great company to work for! Learned a lot on the job! a Typical day includes driving to Alabama, and coming back to Tennessee. Management is running things great. My coworkers, are nice. The hardest part of the job is being away from my beautiful wife. The most enjoyable part of the job is being away from my mean wife.
work
Driver (Current Employee), TNApril 29, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: not enough family time.
For the most part its laid back as long as you do you job. come in work, work, work, than go home worn out.
A VERY FINE PLACE TO WORK
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Gray, TNFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
I HAD A GREAT JOB.HAD THE BEST TERMINAL MGR.THEY HAVE GREAT EQUIPMENT.THE BEST BUNCH OF GUYS AND GALES YOU WOULD EVER WANT TO WORK WITH.THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS HOSTELING TRAILERS.I GUESS MY AGE HAD A LOT TO DO WITH IT,HARD TO KEEP UP WITH THE YOUNG GUYS.THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB WAS DOING LINE HAUL,I LOVED TO DRIVE TRACTOR TRAILERS,AND I WAS HOME EVERY DAY.I LEARNED NOT TO TAKE MY JOB FOR GRANTED,I GUESS I BECAME COMPLACENT,I MADE A MISTAKE WHICH COST ME MY JOB.WHICH WILL HAUNT ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.
Productive fun work environment
P&D city Driver (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 30, 2013
Productive fun work environment great staff wonderful co-workers fast past business physically demanding can wear you down over time must be in shape to be a productive worker overall I recommend this company 4 out of 5 stars.
ok pay, but poor management and no home life
local route truck driver (Former Employee), Tyler, TXDecember 1, 2013
Pros: pay is good once you get to top pay
Cons: dishonesty in every memeber of local management, frieght not routed on trailer.
if you want to have any kind of life outside of work during the week, do NOT work for this company !! management doesn't care about employees !!! don't waste your time. they run you hard and expect you to thank them for it. no respect for driver.
open for discussion
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Duncan, SCNovember 1, 2013
open for discussion
Helpful fun work place and co-workers.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 26, 2013
Pros: grill outs and dinners.
Cons: healthcare benefits, they give in one thing and take in another.
15 to 20 stops a day. The experience of each stop is something you can't take away. Management is understandable to each stop and co-workers are great for help and knowledge. The hardest thing about my job is making residential delivery with a 53 foot trailer. The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationship with the customer and being out doors.
Great company
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2013
Great company to work for, but I'm currently working nights and looking for a day or midday position.
Productive and fun work environment
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day at work starts off with laughs as soon as you walk in the door, and then you get to work. The work environment is somewhat laid back, and still very productive. The co-workers are very welcoming, and like to have a good time and continue to get work done as well. The hardest part about the job is getting to know everything you need to know about the job. The most enjoyable part of this job is just dealing with the co-workers as they joke around and cut up with you and each other.
Good ole boy environment
OS&D Clerk (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: learned a lot, pay is ok
Cons: racial tension, poor pay increases, micro-managing
I had to leave because there were clearly some racial issues. I was repeatedly harassed by older aged employees of a certain group who were threatened by my presence there. Certain employees, including myself, were constantly WATCHED. It was a very uncomfortable setting. I had to get out of there. I sent a written complaint into the corporate office, but never heard anything back.
AAA Cooper was a satisfactory place to work
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAJuly 16, 2013
I was a trailer mechanic. I repaired trailers and changed air brakes and got the trailer road ready.
Very High vision
Site Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2013
Cooper is a company with very high Vision and the foresight to grow. Filled with many great people and a good deal of knowledge.
Room for advancement, even for drivers.
Local pick up and delivery driver. (CDL-A) (Former Employee), Bensenville, ILJuly 2, 2013
Pros: health plan, advancement opportunities.
Cons: no time and a half.
LTL driver for ODF location, decent pay, great health plan, usual B.S. with management, but if you do your job they will leave you alone. NO Time in a half pay which sucks.

1 2 3

About AAA Cooper Transportation

They might not give you a map like that other AAA, but AAA Cooper Transportation can freight your cargo from point A to point B. – Read more