AAA Cooper Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Product and fun place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NC 28732March 30, 2016
This is a part time job and I get there the end of day for drivers and morning supervisors. Everyone at AAA are humble and it is a pleasure to work with. We have our fun time but at the same time the work is done.
Very productive job
Lead Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2016
Worked loading and unloading trailers. How to load trailers correct, management team was great. working in cross dock environment cold/hot
Pros
Working with great team
Cons
Part time job
Solid workplace
Workable
Focused
Fun
Loveable
Workable and enjoy the working place
Never know if you are going to have a job when you walk in
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMarch 8, 2016
All they worry about is hours, they cut your hours all the time
they call you and tell you not to come in when they are slow.

I have learned upper management only cares about themselves

Co-Workers are fun that's it.
Pros
Cons
cheap pay for office and dock workers
excellent work environment, great culture
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  La Feria, TXMarch 3, 2016
Excellent job atmosphere and great crew to work with. Company is top notch and respects all associates. Excellent benefit package and good compensation.
Good place to work if you don't mind all night shift and some long hours.
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2016
All night shift as a line haul driver. Benefits are okay. Not too many raises. Stable company. High turnover in management. Decent equipment. Fairly decent company provided medical. 401K with company match. I would've stayed if not all night driving. Pretty good pay but not too many raises.
Pros
Dependable work.
Cons
High turnover with management.
Very good company to work for
P & D DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 4, 2016
My overall experience with this company was great. Everyone was real friendly and helpful. The routes got a little crazy every now and then but nothing I couldn't handle.
fast and loud enviornment
Part Time-Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2016
working on the dock of any trucking company is going to be a fast paced, loud, and semi-dangerous job if not with the right equipment, this company was a decent company to work for
Cheap and Sorry place to work
shop (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 28, 2015
The cheapest company ever. The management doesn't care about there employees unless you've been there 30+ years and they lie to you wherever you have an issue just to get you out there face. The favoritism at the company is unreal. They give you a raise then cut your hours to make up for the raise. Yes they have new equipment but they still have way more raggedy equipment than new. Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.
Pros
non
Cons
EVERYTHING
Very busy but also a fun place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 5, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of anywhere from 12 to 14 hours a day. Delivering and picking up freight of all kinds. You develop a bond between your customers that you see everyday and it makes your day better. Sometimes you get liftgate deliveries or some difficult spots you get into but overall its enjoyable.
not employer freindly
Hustler & dock worker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2015
Must work 2 years before able to take even 1 week vacation.

There are no clearly defined shifts. Work is done when the supervisor determines. Usuallly 12 hours 5 days a week with no overtime paid
Cons
does not pay overtime but expects you to work 60+ hours a week
Best Company I have worked for.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2015
Got hired almost a year to this date. Previous job was OTR, company i used to work for made me want to quit driving trucks. AAA COOPER just changed all their equipment, everything is brand spanking new. Management, top of the line. Coworkers make you want to go to work, it's not one of those jobs where you drag yourself out of bed. Run dedicated route, no supervisor breathing down my neck. They keep up with your personal file (medical, DOT, pay, vacation etc). Never had a problem with my pay. If you have questions, they will find the answers, if they don't know, they will look for you. Never had 401k because no one really took the time to explained the pros and cons, but I have it with AAA. If you need repairs, the shop is really good at getting to you wherever you are or they will give you a spare tractor to drive until yours is fixed. Don't have anything bad to say about this company.
Pros
Pay. Home every day
Cons
NONE
AAA Cooper Transportation assisted me with enhancing my customer service skills
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GANovember 29, 2015
My overall review of this job is a 4.3 stars because I enjoyed providing excellent customer services to our customers. The office area was very small and family orientated.
its a okay place to work pay could be better
P & D Driver (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 7, 2015
its a okay place to work get along great with my co-workers and management. the balance of work and home life is off but over all AAA Cooper is a good place to work.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
not much home time
A Dead end Job & your just a number
P&D driver, Linehaul Road driver, warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Now in the 3rd generation ownership Reed Dove,the only thing that matters is the Dollar. Cutting 10 throats to make a dollar is not unheard of here.
Released during a medical recovery period,which was pre-approved then terminated anyways, after 18yr service.

During the Mack Dove days, he built an Empire and cared about the employee & customer,but that's long gone now.
Pros
not many
Cons
work u 70hrs for straight pay
not the greatest
Part Time Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2015
just like most trucking companies, its got good pay, not the hardest job, but the co-workers and managers aren't the greatest.
Pros
pay, advancement oppertunities
Cons
management, full time positions hours
Good stable company to work for.
Cash Application Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 17, 2015
AAA Cooper is a great place to work. Although the vacation, sick time, and health coverage could be better. It is a very stable company and they have a lot of long time employees.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Vacation, sick time, and health coverage could be better.
Aaa Cooper is a very good company
Truck Driver/ line haul (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2015
I enjoy working at AAA Cooper It has been a goo company to work for an i have gained great experience while being compensated very well. I am only looking to leave AAA Cooper to relocate closer home.
Pros
Good pay/vacation
Cons
THe Commute to work is to long.
Great company to work for.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLMay 7, 2015
Many of the workers have been with the company for many years which makes it difficult for new comers. In general it is a good working environment, fast paced, and most of the people are friendly.
Pros
good well established company
Cons
work/life balance difficult when as a 2nd job and difficult to get hire as permanent employee.
Easy going work envierment
Diesel Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Fun place to work and get well needed experience, All Volvo trucks made working on them easy. must be able to work on trailers and dollys as well for "pull ups". Only straight time, there was no overtime.
Pros
Great work envierment
Cons
Was the only truck mechanic at the time, made it hard on me, but thats not the case now.