AAA East Central Employee Reviews

Stressful and unhappy employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 30, 2017
Taking inbound calls from customers who have either been in accidents, car won't start, flat tires etc. I worked the evening shift.
After 11a there are basically no tow trucks to dispatch to customers in remote areas. This to me is unacceptable as people are stranded in dangerous areas and conditions. During the winter months it is non stop calls with very irate customers as their wait time can be hours long. There is only one trainer for this location and he is terrible. Be prepared to learn basically everything on your own once you get out of training. I think they basically hire anybody in this department as the turnover is non stop. The quality of employees are poor. The management I felt was ok, they try their best with the limited resources they have. I would not recommend this position nor would I recommend buying a AAA membership.
The customers are very demanding and unhappy on most of the incoming calls you take.
Pros
A lot of free lunches/dinners
Cons
Everything else
Terrible management
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 13, 2017
The worst manager I have ever worked for. Smug, arrogant, self righteous, lazy. Will stay on your case about your sales but doesn't know how the product or how to sell it himself. Good old boys mentality. If you aren't one of their favorites, they limit your inbound calls and give you very few outbound leads. Expect you to work extra hours for no extra compensation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Terrible management
Eh
Life Specialist - State of Ohio (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 4, 2017
Conservative company, a lot of backstabbing
Favorites are always in play
People who get promoted are not always right for the job or they lack experience
Willing to promote anyone who drinks the company kool aid
Horrible experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 28, 2017
AAA is a scam!!! they dont care for their employees you're just another number to them. i warn ANYONE looking to work here STAY AWAY!!!! From a current employee
benefits
Cons
everything
Chaos
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 28, 2017
Things are not as they appear during the interview. The training pay ends at 2-3 months, not at 4-6 as stated in the initial job posting. Management is all over the place when asked a question and some lack Management skills. The PENNSYLVANIA calls are slow. We do not sell insurance for OH. Either PA or TX. Most of the calls are transfer calls for different States, yet we are expected to sell a certain number of policies per month. Even though we are COMMISSIONED Agents, we have set schedules and work a mandatory Saturday (5hrs)? This place is a joke and the morale is not what it used to be during the training phase.
Pros
Obtaining a license. The draw was increased from $1200 to $1667, but only for a short period of time (con). People in training make more at $19.23 than some Agents.
Cons
Benefits are expensive and horrible, the systems are antiquated, chargebacks, weekly meetings BEFORE work.
Nice place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 6, 2017
Ideal for someone who doesn't have kids or other responsibility. Also after training it is commission based so you have to make sure to make your goal
Pros
Nice commission
Cons
Long hours not enough leads
They tell you at your interview that the training sucks, but, that is an understatement, there is zero training.
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 21, 2017
Job sucks, low pay, no one will help if you have a question, "Help Desk" is a joke. Trainiing consisted of watching 100's of videos, webnars and very little hands on training.
You have to learn multiple programs, and learn more than just your job with very little help if any. They couldnt pay me enough to stay on as a Travel Agent.
Too much stress
Branch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 19, 2017
AAA East Central used to be an enjoyable place to work. However, the culture there has changed since being bought by ACE of Southern California 2 1/2 years ago. There is pressure to meet all kinds of monthly goals and if they are not met, you can go on probation and possibly be terminated for not meeting those goals, and this goes for even long time employees. They will let you go in the blink of an eye no matter how well you perform in other areas. Monthly goals MUST be met and this involves getting/selling a certain number of: Credit cards, travel and insurance referrals and auto/home insurance policies. Clients are sent out customer service cards to review their experience with AAA and you must get the highest rating or you can again be put on probation for that reason. Atmosphere/job culture is also strained as employees are constantly afraid they will be terminated. They sometimes advance from within but not normally. So, my overall rating is too much stress involved in working there.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
too stressful
Good benfits and people. Bad management
associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 24, 2017
There was always plenty of work to do during the day which made it go by fast. I was always doing different things and working with other great people that always made my day. I learned a lot of good work ethics and responsibilities that I will always cherish. I also learned how to work as a team and to work smarter not harder. The management however is lacking tremendously. I wont name any names but they can be disrespectful, rude, unappreciative, and unprofessional. Would have been the best place to work and would love to have stayed there for a very long time. Bad management can ruin a lot of company's.
Pros
Good benefits with room for growth and advancement.
Cons
Management could be better.
Overworked and underpaid
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 19, 2016
Company that doesn't support its employees. Underpaid and lake of management when you need them. Favoritism plays a big part with management. I would not recommend this company. Tell you your a travel agent but you have to push credit cards, insurance, and membership or be reprimanded
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, company backing employee, pay and advancement
Productive and friendly place to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 7, 2016
Overall, I enjoy working at AAA East Central, I am a customer service oriented person and enjoying assisting people with their needs. I learned call taking and dispatching at this job and enjoy dispatching the most. I get a good feeling when I know I have assisted members in getting road service to help solve their problems with their vehicles. Hardest part of this job is knowing that I will be losing this job in the near future due to restructuring and relocating of our dispatch center.
Pros
Helping members solve their problem with their vehicles
Cons
relocating of our center
Old school and antiquated company
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2016
Very frustrating way of implementing new technology that is actually from the 80's. Needs to spend some of their gold mine or they will lose it without evolving to the very progressive market
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very slow everything
Productive place to work
Branch Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 27, 2016
Great team of people to work with. Lots to learn, something different every day. Not enough pay for work that is done. Management more interested in sales of company credit cards and insurance referrals.
Loved the clients and assisting with there travel needs
BRANCH SPECIALIST IV (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2016
The staff at my office was great! The upper management didn't really no what was going on in the branch offices on a day by day. They really dropped the ball on communication. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
loved the customers
Cons
pay
Gossipy, Backbiting, Undermining co-workers.
Sales (Former Employee) –  WVSeptember 17, 2015
Never was a day that someone did not try to get me fired or to quit. Made my work life a living you know what.

Could not get management to do anything mostly because they did not want to lose the income stream.

The staff were afraid of losing their jobs so no one would speak up.
Pros
Job hours
Cons
Having to do sell memberships as part of your overall evaluation
very gossipy...can be fun at times
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJuly 5, 2015
I was at aaa for a long time before i was fired for some bs....if your not in a certain clique, you end up with a bullseye on your back....holiday parties were fun...u just had to watch who used hand sanitizer.....
Pros
yearly bonuses
Cons
too much gossip
Slow paced environment
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown WVJune 12, 2015
I've learned many office skills at my time with AAA. Typical day was going over memberships and maintaining clients. The management was hardly in contact with you so if you wanted something done you had to be prepared to make the decision yourself. The hardest part of the job was meeting goals with such slow traffic. The most enjoyable was getting to meet new people every day and make a difference.
Pros
Great Schedule
Cons
Slow Traffic
What could have been....
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2015
This job was very successful for me, I learned a lot in my 6 years here but it could have and should have been so much more but the company lacked an overall positive job culture and a solid upper management direction for everyone to follow.
Customer Service is the #1 Priority
License and Title Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2014
No matter the department, whether dealing directly with customers or in a support role, customer service is the #1 priority. AAA East Central has great job security due to the diverse nature of the services offered. Management works to keep the company strong and create a sense of impowerment in the employees.
Great benefits which include tuition reimbursement. Many opportunities for advancement or a complete change of career. The best part of my job is knowing that I have trained a competant staff and that they know that I am always just a phone call or email away for continued support and training.
Pros
Good benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
Low entry level wages
No organization
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2014
Taking road service calls, dispatching drivers to help members.
I have learned a lot about dealing with unhappy customers.
Management is very unorganized, no one on the same page.
Sometimes I feel I am working with immature children.
Dealing with not enough staff and equipment to help members.
When I actually do help someone and they appreciate it.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
4 week rotating shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA East Central. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7