AAA East Central Employee Reviews

Overworked and underpaid
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 19, 2016
Company that doesn't support its employees. Underpaid and lake of management when you need them. Favoritism plays a big part with management. I would not recommend this company. Tell you your a travel agent but you have to push credit cards, insurance, and membership or be reprimanded
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, company backing employee, pay and advancement
Too much stress
Branch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 19, 2017
AAA East Central used to be an enjoyable place to work. However, the culture there has changed since being bought by ACE of Southern California 2 1/2 years ago. There is pressure to meet all kinds of monthly goals and if they are not met, you can go on probation and possibly be terminated for not meeting those goals, and this goes for even long time employees. They will let you go in the blink of an eye no matter how well you perform in other areas. Monthly goals MUST be met and this involves getting/selling a certain number of: Credit cards, travel and insurance referrals and auto/home insurance policies. Clients are sent out customer service cards to review their experience with AAA and you must get the highest rating or you can again be put on probation for that reason. Atmosphere/job culture is also strained as employees are constantly afraid they will be terminated. They sometimes advance from within but not normally. So, my overall rating is too much stress involved in working there.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
too stressful
Productive and friendly place to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 7, 2016
Overall, I enjoy working at AAA East Central, I am a customer service oriented person and enjoying assisting people with their needs. I learned call taking and dispatching at this job and enjoy dispatching the most. I get a good feeling when I know I have assisted members in getting road service to help solve their problems with their vehicles. Hardest part of this job is knowing that I will be losing this job in the near future due to restructuring and relocating of our dispatch center.
Pros
Helping members solve their problem with their vehicles
Cons
relocating of our center
Old school and antiquated company
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2016
Very frustrating way of implementing new technology that is actually from the 80's. Needs to spend some of their gold mine or they will lose it without evolving to the very progressive market
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very slow everything
Customer Service is the #1 Priority
License and Title Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2014
No matter the department, whether dealing directly with customers or in a support role, customer service is the #1 priority. AAA East Central has great job security due to the diverse nature of the services offered. Management works to keep the company strong and create a sense of impowerment in the employees.
Great benefits which include tuition reimbursement. Many opportunities for advancement or a complete change of career. The best part of my job is knowing that I have trained a competant staff and that they know that I am always just a phone call or email away for continued support and training.
Pros
Good benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
Low entry level wages
Gossipy, Backbiting, Undermining co-workers.
Sales (Former Employee) –  WVSeptember 17, 2015
Never was a day that someone did not try to get me fired or to quit. Made my work life a living you know what.

Could not get management to do anything mostly because they did not want to lose the income stream.

The staff were afraid of losing their jobs so no one would speak up.
Pros
Job hours
Cons
Having to do sell memberships as part of your overall evaluation
Productive place to work
Branch Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 27, 2016
Great team of people to work with. Lots to learn, something different every day. Not enough pay for work that is done. Management more interested in sales of company credit cards and insurance referrals.
Travel, Insurance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2013
I really enjoyed my jobs at AAA. I held many positions there and advanced quickly. Customers are a lot of fun to work with, and co-workers, generally, were fun to be around.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Low salary
Loved the clients and assisting with there travel needs
BRANCH SPECIALIST IV (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2016
The staff at my office was great! The upper management didn't really no what was going on in the branch offices on a day by day. They really dropped the ball on communication. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
loved the customers
Cons
pay
Good benefits
Licensed Personal Lines CSR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2013
I enjoyed working at AAA. They have excellent benefits and the product is one of the best for the price.

Want to know more about AAA East Central?

Ask a question
Slow paced environment
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown WVJune 12, 2015
I've learned many office skills at my time with AAA. Typical day was going over memberships and maintaining clients. The management was hardly in contact with you so if you wanted something done you had to be prepared to make the decision yourself. The hardest part of the job was meeting goals with such slow traffic. The most enjoyable was getting to meet new people every day and make a difference.
Pros
Great Schedule
Cons
Slow Traffic
Attention to Detail and Procedures
Branch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 19, 2014
Working at AAA requires knowledge and attention to details. During notary work and title work, detail is key to ensure the work is done properly. Not only is customer satisfaction a concern, but notary licenses are as well. A typical day at AAA is many driver license and motor vehicle renewals. Also title work for exchanges between two parties and for residents registering their vehicles in Pennsylvania for the first time. Notary work is done daily, as well as foreign currency exchange and more.

The management is excellent and very knowledgeable in their jobs. The atmosphere is very friendly and team work is strongly advocated. The senior counselors mentor extremely well.

The hardest part of working at AAA are understanding the vast rules of the titling department, there are different rules for every scenario.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customer resolve any issues they may have and seeing them become relieved at the end of their visit.
Pros
Work Atmosphere, Great Training
very gossipy...can be fun at times
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJuly 5, 2015
I was at aaa for a long time before i was fired for some bs....if your not in a certain clique, you end up with a bullseye on your back....holiday parties were fun...u just had to watch who used hand sanitizer.....
Pros
yearly bonuses
Cons
too much gossip
What could have been....
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2015
This job was very successful for me, I learned a lot in my 6 years here but it could have and should have been so much more but the company lacked an overall positive job culture and a solid upper management direction for everyone to follow.
excellent place to work
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2012
great place to work. and all the ot you can handle. The management is ok but dont get sick you will lose your job
Pros
ot, yearly bonus
Cons
no grace period on being late
No organization
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2014
Taking road service calls, dispatching drivers to help members.
I have learned a lot about dealing with unhappy customers.
Management is very unorganized, no one on the same page.
Sometimes I feel I am working with immature children.
Dealing with not enough staff and equipment to help members.
When I actually do help someone and they appreciate it.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
4 week rotating shift
Easy going
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2013
A typical day at work varies depending on the mail and the needs of managers. Management for the most part is easy going and understanding; as are the co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job it Derby week. We participate in the Bed Race and Pegasus Parade.
Pros
Yearly bonus
rigid workplace with little room for advancement
PA License Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I was able to turn my training position from nothing into something great. I was given very little to work with and I was able to create useful tools necessary for the training of the employees.
Pros
flexibility to create as I saw necessary
Cons
specific rigid standards to adhere to
The overall experience of working for AAA has been a rewarding and valuable learning experience.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 25, 2013
Typical days are very full and provide a decent level of satisfaction. Co workers are very competent and professional.
Great co-workers
Auto/Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 5, 2013
Nice company to work for but the compesation should be better.
Also, the company does not develop their employees past their current roles. No growth!
Pros
Usually a nice atmosphere
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA East Central. Our community is ready to answer.