AAA East Central

AAA East Central Employee Reviews

Gossipy, Backbiting, Undermining co-workers.
Sales (Former Employee) –  WVSeptember 17, 2015
Never was a day that someone did not try to get me fired or to quit. Made my work life a living you know what.

Could not get management to do anything mostly because they did not want to lose the income stream.

The staff were afraid of losing their jobs so no one would speak up.
Pros
Job hours
Cons
Having to do sell memberships as part of your overall evaluation
very gossipy...can be fun at times
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJuly 5, 2015
I was at aaa for a long time before i was fired for some bs....if your not in a certain clique, you end up with a bullseye on your back....holiday parties were fun...u just had to watch who used hand sanitizer.....
Pros
yearly bonuses
Cons
too much gossip
Slow paced environment
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown WVJune 12, 2015
I've learned many office skills at my time with AAA. Typical day was going over memberships and maintaining clients. The management was hardly in contact with you so if you wanted something done you had to be prepared to make the decision yourself. The hardest part of the job was meeting goals with such slow traffic. The most enjoyable was getting to meet new people every day and make a difference.
Pros
Great Schedule
Cons
Slow Traffic
What could have been....
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2015
This job was very successful for me, I learned a lot in my 6 years here but it could have and should have been so much more but the company lacked an overall positive job culture and a solid upper management direction for everyone to follow.
Customer Service is the #1 Priority
License and Title Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2014
No matter the department, whether dealing directly with customers or in a support role, customer service is the #1 priority. AAA East Central has great job security due to the diverse nature of the services offered. Management works to keep the company strong and create a sense of impowerment in the employees.
Great benefits which include tuition reimbursement. Many opportunities for advancement or a complete change of career. The best part of my job is knowing that I have trained a competant staff and that they know that I am always just a phone call or email away for continued support and training.
Pros
good benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
low entry level wages
No organization
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2014
Taking road service calls, dispatching drivers to help members.
I have learned a lot about dealing with unhappy customers.
Management is very unorganized, no one on the same page.
Sometimes I feel I am working with immature children.
Dealing with not enough staff and equipment to help members.
When I actually do help someone and they appreciate it.
Pros
dress code
Cons
4 week rotating shift
Friendly co-workers
Auto Travel License Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAApril 29, 2014
Has busy days as well as slower days. Customers varies as far as work needed to be done.
Attention to Detail and Procedures
Branch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 19, 2014
Working at AAA requires knowledge and attention to details. During notary work and title work, detail is key to ensure the work is done properly. Not only is customer satisfaction a concern, but notary licenses are as well. A typical day at AAA is many driver license and motor vehicle renewals. Also title work for exchanges between two parties and for residents registering their vehicles in Pennsylvania for the first time. Notary work is done daily, as well as foreign currency exchange and more.

The management is excellent and very knowledgeable in their jobs. The atmosphere is very friendly and team work is strongly advocated. The senior counselors mentor extremely well.

The hardest part of working at AAA are understanding the vast rules of the titling department, there are different rules for every scenario.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customer resolve any issues they may have and seeing them become relieved at the end of their visit.
Pros
work atmosphere, great training
rigid workplace with little room for advancement
PA License Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I was able to turn my training position from nothing into something great. I was given very little to work with and I was able to create useful tools necessary for the training of the employees.
Pros
flexibility to create as i saw necessary
Cons
specific rigid standards to adhere to
Travel, Insurance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2013
I really enjoyed my jobs at AAA. I held many positions there and advanced quickly. Customers are a lot of fun to work with, and co-workers, generally, were fun to be around.
Pros
fun job
Cons
low salary
My AAA job
Process member emergency road side service calls (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2013
This was one of my favorite jobs and place of employment ever. If I had not moved out of state, I would still be there.
The overall experience of working for AAA has been a rewarding and valuable learning experience.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 25, 2013
Typical days are very full and provide a decent level of satisfaction. Co workers are very competent and professional.
Great co-workers
Auto/Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 5, 2013
Nice company to work for but the compesation should be better.
Also, the company does not develop their employees past their current roles. No growth!
Pros
usually a nice atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Good benefits
Licensed Personal Lines CSR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2013
I enjoyed working at AAA. They have excellent benefits and the product is one of the best for the price.
Easy going
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2013
A typical day at work varies depending on the mail and the needs of managers. Management for the most part is easy going and understanding; as are the co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job it Derby week. We participate in the Bed Race and Pegasus Parade.
Pros
yearly bonus
I love my job!!!
Emergency Road Svc Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 17, 2013
I assist members with their emergency roadside service needs!!!
Pros
great job, love my co-workers & mgmt.
excellent place to work
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2012
great place to work. and all the ot you can handle. The management is ok but dont get sick you will lose your job
Pros
ot, yearly bonus
Cons
no grace period on being late

Comment – May 20, 2013

Heavy burnout with long hours, six-day workweeks and systems that don't support the workload. Hardly rated 4 star! Base salary plus commissions doesn't support the demands imposed on you.