AAA Hudson Valley

AAA Hudson Valley United States Employee Reviews

Travel Consultant
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Latham, NYOctober 7, 2014
My most important responsibility is to achieve sales. I spend most of my day talking directly to potential customers and trying to establish their needs. I have a very thorough knowledge of our product range so, if they’re unsure of their decision, I can give them appropriate advice. I can also steer them towards other – perhaps more expensive – products that they haven’t already considered. By building rapport with the customer – and addressing any concerns they may have – I have a good chance of closing the sale. I also aim to up-sell on the till where possible, so as to maximize the value of each new customer. Given my level of experience, I am also tasked with helping train new staff with our systems and helping them to maximize their sales potential.
They pretend that they're good to their employees
Auto Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, good coworkers, company events regularly
Cons: bad management, no room for advancement, weird hours for office employees
Worked here for a long time. Enjoyed my coworkers and the vacation discounts. There is no way to move up higher in this company. Management is decent but HR is terrible. I had a 401k and had no idea how to work it to benefit myself at no help from HR. The existing management has been there since the beginning it seems so anyone who's in a smaller position just stays there with little to no wage increase. They don't pay fairly either. It's rare that anyone moves from Auto Travel to Travel Agent because they would rather hire elsewhere.
Not a nice place to work
Auto travel (Former Employee), Albany, nyJuly 10, 2014
Pros: aaa is a great service, so selling the actual service and all that it has to offer was easy to do.
Cons: poor working culture - no teamwork at all!
Unfortunately due to the poor management (not all but most) this particular division of AAA is not a pleasant place to work. The management staff puts blinders on and allows the long-term employees to act very immature and unprofessional which makes it very difficult to remain professional during the work day and deal with customers appropriately. There is absolutely NO teamwork as everyone is constantly stabbing each other in the back instead, it was the strangest work environment I have ever been involved in during my whole working career. New people coming in dont have a chance to survive, the veterans, lie, cheat and undermine all you do to make you look bad to push you out. Again, it's a very, very strange situation.
Not a nice place to work
Auto Travel Counselor/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 3, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed the work day and my co-workers.
Cons: management treated people very unfairly
A horrible place to work. The Management was absolutely horrible. Some members of management got off on seeing people eat dirt. I enjoyed the work and helping the customers. Management was disrespectful to some employees and the culture their is very negative towards their employees.
Provide support for a medium size business
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Provide support for a medium size business and work to upgrade the infrastructure.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Delmar, NYJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: helping people especially in winter.
Cons: no upward movement from parttime to full time.
Part-time job -Emergency road service call taker.
People stranded on the road -car stalled ,lock keys in vehicle.
I would locate drivers - tow truck. Locksmith.Would talk with police
to get help to stranded motorists.Had to learn use of Radio Dispatch system , and computers.
Great Company to work for
Service Driver (Former Employee), Hudson Valley, NYOctober 3, 2012
Pros: hours, pay, job itself!
Cons: nothing
I loved this job and all of the employees that I worked for. The job is different everyday. It is never boring. I got to see other towns, cities and states on long haul tows. The management staff are very understanding and very easy to get a long with. This is the best job I have ever had.
Not the place to work if your looking for a career
Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: aaa is a well known company
Cons: sub-par pay, changing schedules, only a few long term employees
Each AAA branch is independantly operated, some are run better than others

About AAA Hudson Valley

AAA Hudson Valley is part of a 54 million member organization providing its members with high quality service, products and information – Read more