AAA Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

High turnover and horrid management
Member Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2016
The member services department is strictly concerned with calls per hour. There is no difference to the micromanaging supervisors wether it was a good or bad service call, as long at you take a lot of calls and don't give incorrect information. There is no work life balance and a lot of favoritism. Very high turnover for a reason.
Pros
Pay and schedule, benefits
Cons
Literally everything else.
Avoid at all cost
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2016
Member services has about a 95% turnover rate due to absolute refusal to cooperate with employees from managment and up. Pay and benefits are good. Nothing else. Enjoy asking for the chance to get a day off only if you ask 3 months early. Meetings with the CEO are great hearing him talk about never adapting new technology to help assist customers and even better employees. Zero intrest in employees as a whole.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Toxic eviorment, horid managment.
Hostile work environment with unprofessional management
new business professional III (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 28, 2015
The person who described the environment as "toxic" in their review described it best. Management and other employees set you up to fail. Managers openly favor their "friends" while mistreating others. The system that is used to track your work performance is outdated, inaccurate and flawed, negatively impacting reviews and bonuses. The managers, especially the night manager, are abusive, dishonest and incompetent. We are often openly and publicly compared to pizza delivery workers or fast food workers. I've stayed for the health insurance but the emotional distress inflicted by this place has caused me to put in my notice, nothing is worth this torture. This place is a complete nightmare. If you enjoy laughing, smiling, being polite and respectful towards others.......you will not fit in.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
Too many to list. Unorganized, highly poor management who specialize in favoritism
Toxic work environment with abusive manager!
New business professional II (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 25, 2015
THIS IS A HIGH VOLUME INBOUND CALL CENTER....However you will not be told this during your interview! Worst decision I have ever made in accepting this position. Zero opportunity to change shift from 12:30 to 9:00. Unrealistic production expectations. Back stabbing co workers which is not only condoned by management but actually encouraged! Management style is lead by fear. You will be told where the door is should you feel so inclined to express real concerns. Night manager openly compares to New business professionals to the skill set of a pizza delivery driver and burger King workers. Extremely high turn over rate as a result. Outdated production reporting system shows incorrect numbers and counted against you. You are expected to handle complex policies of the poorest input quality from other NBP's who are not held accountable for quality while being expected to answer up to 40 calls from aggressive and at times verbally abusive life insurance agents. Disgusting, abusive, controling, emotionally corrosive work culture! I have been here 4 years only because I need the medical insurance for medical condition that I couldn't afford a gap in coverage to take another job. But I am now interviewing at Walmart and will take any position to get out of here!
Pros
Great benefits bcbs, pto 11 hrs per month, 9 paid holidays
Cons
No time for breaks, short lunch, low pay, insecure managers, shift hours suck
Met with prospective clients at office.
Life and Annuity agent (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 3, 2014
Sat down with numerous clients daily and reviewed their insurance needs and wants. Hardest part of the job was to get some clients to sign on the dotted line. obviously the most enjoyable times were when other clients did sign for the programs I suggested to them.
Pros
Building relations with fellow agents
Cons
Frustrations with unwilling customers.
Flexible working
New Business Professional II (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 20, 2014
I think that this is a great company to work for. They have awesome managers and leads for guidance. However, It is not the best place for a bubbly creative, out-going person such as myself.
A typical day would be coming in, check my email and voicemail and wait for my lead to assign work to me while working on my other cases (about 100 to 250 per month) and updating my manager on any special request from agents or customers.
At AAA Life Insurance company I learned what a team is. I learned what HARD WORK is and I learned that no matter how tough things get, being in a environment with a person like myself, you WILL have to smile eventually.
The hard part is maintaining your case load. Key: Focus on the things that MUST be completed today, and save the rest for later. I enjoy being my teams morale. I encourage, I motivate, I share resources (business and personal) and I make work fun yet professional and within standard.
Pros
Flexibility, good management, nice people, good benefits.
Cons
lots of pressure, VERY high Standards and sometimes a little unforgiving.
Small company with family atmosphere
SENIOR FINANCIAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 18, 2012
Advancement prospects are limited, but co. is stable. Easy commute in a nice suburban area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

1.6