AAA Mid-Atlantic Employee Reviews in United States

Room for Internal Advancement
Member Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 25, 2016
I worked in Roadside Assistance, Member Services, and Member Relations. There is room to advance, and earn your way to new opportunities. Hard work is rewarded! Management and Supervisors were nice and wanted to see you succeed!

Cafeteria on site, free membership!
Great sense of Independency
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE BATTERY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Burtonsville, MarylandJune 22, 2016
A typical work day consist of helping out as many members as possible in a 12 hr period, with disfunctional vehicles and any minor maintenance that occured. I learned that many people need assitance with their vehicles for even the smallest maintenance and that a variety of people have obtained a AAA service. Management at that time needed to improve a few things in regards to employee and management relationships. Co-workers were always in competition to acheive the highest sale records which was awesome!
The hardest part of the jpb was the 12 hr shifts and a commission based pay rate. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment received after helping each member.
Pros
Independent contract
Cons
Inclement weather
Sorry I had to resign
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 4, 2016
The company is a great organization but I had to resign because there was no work/life balance. As far as training goes, they provided plenty of training. Management would definitely step in if you were struggling in that area.
Retirement Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAApril 22, 2016
Very repetitive and you work with an older demographic. The Goals set for you are unlikely to meet unless your in a branch with high foot traffic. Management are usually people who where once travel agents and the position opened up. They are not qualified managers. A lot of job stress comes from the bad management. Because of the type of company AAA is people stay in there positions for years and advancement is nearly impossible.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity
Fast paced high call volume
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJanuary 10, 2016
I have learned a lot being employed with AAA. Working with people from different walks of life and ethnicity; It can be very stressful at times. But managing time and patience help to get you through the day.
Office setting workplace.
AAA Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2016
Working at AAA has helped me grown as a person and as an employee. Normal days are pretty jam packed with customers in and out the office coming in for a number for things, from insurance, to tag and title work and even travel. The manager in the office is always trying to get the workers to go above and beyond for the customers as well as get us to any training that would help us with progressing to the next level. The other workers in the office were easy to get along with and very helpful. The hardest part of the job would be during the fall/winter months when traffic inside the store slows down and the roadside calls pick up, because you barely get any calls or customers to help reach your goals so you're basically on your own and have to get whatever you can towards your goals with each opportunity presented. Easiest part of the job would be walking in the door in the morning, simply because you don't know how the day will go so you have to be prepared for anything.
Warning! Warning! Warning! Warning!
automotive technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 1, 2016
If you are a experience automotive technician that like to make money. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU! The management will out right lie to your face that they have all this work. In reality the only customers they have are members. They do no advertising to the local public at all. Most of the public do not even know AAA has repair shops. AAA has no idea on how the run a shop. Stock no parts so there is so much down time doing nothing for hours at a time. Waiting for the want a b service writers to call customers and order parts.
Pros
Clean and well equipt shop
Cons
Pay sucks and the management are liars.
Fun place to work
Leisure Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJDecember 15, 2015
Booked and managed clients vacations, personal travel and honeymoons. Enjoyed making people happy by sending them on their vacation and trips of a lifetime.
excellent work environment
Customer Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 14, 2015
AAA is a excellent work environment , the training was awesome and i was able to use what i was taught outside of work. i had to move back to Baltimore to be with my family.
Friendly environment devoted to helping the member
Roadside Assistance Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 12, 2015
The job alternated between helping distressed members, or people who were relatively calm. A lot of interesting stories can come out of this job. The hardest part for me was keeping up with the grading system, but the supervisors and co-workers were always helpful.
Pros
Good pay, on-campus gym, health insurance available if you need it
Cons
Be prepared to work through holidays and possibly also your own birthday
Very busy office nonsupportive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 3, 2015
Great company overall but high turnover rate at retail office. Team environment required but not at all supported. Travel is a great position to have if you are looking to stay busy and interact with great customer's.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
work environment
Productive team approach environment
Project Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2015
Absolutely love my position with you much to no negative feedback. From upper management, creative services, everyone works well together effectively and efficiently.

My position due to a company merger was eliminated.
You'll feel your soul slowly slipping away into the phone line...
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 2, 2015
Boring, repetitive work. Super-corporate penny pinching company; nothing changes without a dozen committees, the company has been reducing its service and increasing its prices for years, and customers are noticing. You'll get screamed at by stupid people about how long they've been waiting for their tow truck how many times they've called to make changes to their account which never got done by the previous associate.

Management seems to only be interested in NOT getting on the phone with customers. All about the numbers, you're tracked by your time on each call and graded on how many times you cross sell their awful insurance and credit cards.

No company culture to speak of, breaks are taken on a rotating basis so you never really get the chance to speak to the people in your department. Everyone runs out of there as soon as they clock out.
Pros
free AAA membership
Cons
working for the penny-pinchingest "not-for-profit" company ever.
General Service\C tech (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJOctober 16, 2015
Good company all around. Good benefits and incentives. Growth opportunities.
Easy team of people to work with. Management was sensitive to the needs of people as individuals.
Pros
They feed us when we hit our numbers....a lot
Cons
No major cons
Very pleased
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 15, 2015
I am very happy I chose to take a position with AAA. The whole process from interviewing to the first month on the job has been easy. They keep you informed, educate you and make sure you are prepared for your job.
Pros
Education
Great Company, a good fit
Life Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 13, 2015
Although the interview process was over a month long until I was told I had the position, I am very happy that I stuck it out and was chosen for this position. It was a 360 degree turnaround from my last job.

Everyone was very warm and friendly from day one, all my training has been on point and company paid for. Anything I want to promote myself and the AAA brand all I have to do is ask.

My managers are great people to work with and approachable at any time and also offer a wealth of knowledge on the product and how to succeed.

I couldn't ask for a better place to work.
Pros
benefits, free membership, discount on travel, short commute
Cons
short lunch breaks
Intense job but can be rewarding but not by management
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 7, 2015
This place has lots of cliches. And if you are on the outside of the cliches then you are penalized for EVERYTHING while the insiders can away with murder..... But if you can focus and stay under the radar, you will be okay.
Pros
Free AAA membership
Cons
Short unpaid lunches
Manager-Business Operations
Manager-Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 30, 2015
Daily opportunity to manage high priority assignments. Diverse task load and multi-tasking necessary. Co-workers a pleasure to work with and very supportive. Management tough but fair. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the hardest part of the job is trying wanting to do everything for everyone but having to make the right decisions based on need and urgency.
Pros
People, generous benefits including PTO, healthcare and 401K.
Cons
24/7 environment
Great pay, great hours. Great work/life balance
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DelawareJuly 29, 2015
Co-workers are helpful, the pay is awesome, I like the dress code, but management could be better. They're very rude and particular about everything which becomes very stressful. I haven't had much training, I was just shown the programs & thrown into my position. We get ridiculed a lot for making mistakes. You also have to drive very far for the training, other states sometimes. Although you get reimbursed, it's still wear & tear on your car. Customers are nice, they just want you to be mind readers. Short breaks too & unrealistic goals. Stressful job but if you need money I guess come here. I was overwhelmed in this position so I had to quit, a lot of duties.
Pros
Compensation, dress code, hours
Cons
Management, short breaks, barely any training
Member First Organization
Managerial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 11, 2015
Fast paced environment dedicated to serving members within the organization. Great group of co-workers. Casual atmosphere.
Pros
Great Benefits