AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very Professional
Call Receiver (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 18, 2017
Productive and very professional place to work. Great work environment and supervisors always on hand to help with questions. Would strongly recommend to others to apply. Many perks working for this company.
Pros
Great atmosphere, very professional
fast paced, # 1 office in region
Sales And Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 11, 2017
i love the fast paced environment,my office does over 100 transactions a day, love my peers,they make the day fun and we are a lil family. management is very easy going but we have a very high goal for the office.
Pros
bbq, holiday dinner
Cons
less pay, no opportunity to grow within the Co.
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTAugust 15, 2017
Fast paced environment. Great pay. Very focused on keeping the member happy. High focus on working and being a part of a team. Management does a good job of keeping the employees happy.
High Stress
Corporate FP&A Finance Director - Enabled Services (Current Employee) –  Nevada, CAMay 15, 2017
Finance Dept is run by a CFO that controls and dictates the style of management.

Give us your opinion about
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Ordinary place to work
Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 20, 2017
The only real challenges at this organization was determining who was slated for destiny or the door. Huge number of changes at the top in a very short period of time.
Was a productive & fun place to work but.
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 18, 2017
Read the notes below that I have provided because it's the God honest truth about this organization but their micro management now in the new AAA NCNU after massive internal changes are pure cutthroat objectives/ Sink & or swim environment in a nut shell. Many originally there now GONE..
Unless you work at Corporate office- minimal advancement
LIFE INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2017
Very difficult for Life Agent. Too few products for life insurance. Most people avoid purchasing and wanting to even discuss life insurance. Not enough products to present to members for purchase.
Branch employees taken for granted and forced to meet unrealistic goals. Overtime not allowed but not enough time to meet goals.
Advancement opportunities very limited unless you work at corporate office. Pay is insufficient for work demanded. Life agent goals increased over 58% in 4 years. Corporate has no idea what actually happens in the branches. Computer issues are a almost daily problem. Weekly loss of productivity due to computer problems and programs not functioning. Company switched from Microsoft to Google. This has caused issues. Some include Google mail and the way it embeds emails, which can be difficult to find and reply. In many cases, emails are almost impossible to find. Google calendar will many times not allow changes to be made to an "event". Google Drive forces any document sent to another party to "share" the document, when only information not collaboration is needed.
Pros
Employees work very hard and try their best to work within the limits we are given to help members
Cons
No real help from management or corporate
Productive and a fun work place
Call receiver (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMarch 30, 2017
I loved my AAA NCNU family! The work place was upbeat, fun and non-judgemental. I truly enjoyed helping people and finding a solution when the situation was out of my hands.
Pros
A lot
Very Good Career Growth
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 22, 2017
AAA has dedicated themselves to covering as many of the auto and home services markets as they can, providing a "Members First" service relationship to their clients. AAA is one of the best places to work for those starting out in a career or in career transition.
Good company to work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 28, 2017
They have been around for a long time but are going through some changes.

They look out for their members and have great customer service. They really push for top performance from everyone.
Family oriented atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for this employer. It was high on work life balance and was interested in employee opinion through employee engagement survey.
Call Center
Emergency Road Side Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to work for, always changing environment and fast paced environment, need to be flexible and willing to learn, must know how to talk to people of all backgrounds, work with people from all backgrounds
Pros
great pay
Cons
short staffed
Nice, new call center, unorganized, low pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTSeptember 7, 2016
The job is 37 hours a week and they don't tell you that up front. Also, the pay is low and you don't get increases until you pass skill blocks. The training is sporadic and doest teach you how to do the job, its learn as you go.
Mgmt plays favorites and gives schedules accordingly.
Other call centers pay better. Lots of turnover. Keep looking.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Low pay, stressful
Great job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 7, 2016
I enjoyed the job overall. Supervisors were willing to assist and the atmosphere was great, I left to look for a higher paying position in sales.
Great culture with team members who truly care about their company
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 21, 2016
AAA NCNU has seen a lot of change over the years but at the end of the day our culture stays strong and our team members champion for our company and move with the ever changing environment with a positive attitude and a passion for doing the right thing for our members
summary
Inside Physical Damage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 11, 2016
daily level of work is way above the normal average for industry standards.
average management skills. need more insurance knowledge based management.
Productive Workplace full of energy
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 6, 2016
There is no such thing, as a typical day in my company. Life and production are ever changing. That's why my job is never boring or predicable. I've learned to be adaptable and quick on my feet for any problems that may arise during the day. My co-workers have always been supportive in every aspect of my job. Just great team players.Hardest par of the job - is battling traffic on the Bay Bridge. Enjoyable part is working with a great team.
Pros
Free Lunch on Wednesday's
Cons
Commute on bay bridge
Great Place to Work
Call Reciever (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 2, 2016
I really enjoyed working for AAA. The management are really concerned with making sure you are happy and that the job works with your personal life. I left only because I had to due to a conflict with school.
Poor Management
ERS 1 (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I worked in the Tow Industry for many years & thought AAA NCNU would be the final destination in my career. I worked for AAA NCNU for Oakland CA as a Battery Technician. AAA NCNU is about statistics & customer service depending heavily on customer service surveys. The yearly raises & reviews are based on surveys & statistics how many call you run & how many calls are late. Management treat employees poorly not communicating with employees regarding schedules holiday pay PTO! Company doesn't hire from within like AAA NCNU like the company states & there are very few minorities in positions of power. The Company starts employees with a part time status to save money on benefits & starting wage of 16.70 Per hour. The employee who is foolish enough to work for the company as a career may possibly making less than the employee who knows nothing about the Tow Industry makes more money. The benefits PTO & 401K are excellent! The day to day operation getting in a truck with an camera installed violating your privacy I smell a lawsuit coming! dealing with the public dispatchers & management take your talents somewhere else!
Pros
PTO 401k
Cons
management
AAA ncnu
Member Partner Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 27, 2016
AAA is a great place to work but a lot of office politics and hardly any room for advancement. Everyone kind of does their own thing and stick to themselves. I worked at a few office and they all pretty much were filled with people who had worked at AAA for a long time and were unhappy with their professional lives.
Pros
good pay
Cons
If your a go getter find another company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9