AAA Ohio Auto Club

AAA Ohio Auto Club Employer Reviews

I LOVE MY JOB!!
Travel Consutant (Current Employee), Lancaster, OhJuly 8, 2014
Pros: ability to learn new job skills and meeting new people and travel oppertunities
Cons: no true "breaks", must be a multi-tasker
I have worked for the company for 2 years and I love it! I have worked at two locations within the company, but the same position at each, a Travel Consultant. It is a fast pace job and requires attention to details. In a typical day you could do Trip Tixs, sell attraction tickets, order foreign currency, plane a trip, purchase airline tickets and book – more... a cruise. Each day is a different list of tasks based on what the clients require of you.
The learning options are endless and if you take advantage you can learn a lot. Our education department is the BEST and you can rely on them for help with anything at any time. Only being with the company for 2 years I have already been on one FAM (familiarization trip) I have taken advantage of my employee hotel discounts as well as the discounts that we get for completing education courses with a cruise line.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to take an entire lunch; although we are allotted one hour for lunch each day, our clients are demanding and it makes it hard to get away for the entire hour.
The best part of my job is meeting a ton of great people and sending them on VACATION! When I send a client on a trip I always ask them to stop back in to tell me about the trip they had just gone on. First, I am genuinely interested to see how everything went, how they liked the accommodations and attractions; but it is always good feedback for future clients. Any information that they give you can be used for a client looking to travel to that destination in the future.
I enjoy learning new things about new places, it doesn't have to be something exotic tike New Zealand or Bora-Bora. It could be something new about Amish country or Put-in- Bay, but the more knowledge I have about different locations the better I am able to do my job.
This job does require a lot of computer skills and also requires a lot of new computer systems, but the company provides a 5 week training course to help with that. The training course is broken up into about 10 weeks and classes are every-other week and are paid for by the company. If you can make it through "Air" week, you have it made! – less
Can't advance if you aren't one of the "chosen"
Processing clerk (Former Employee), Worthington, OHMay 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, free coffee
Cons: terrible executive management, dirty bathrooms
Co-workers are great. No support from direct manager. Executives act as if we don't exist.
I've learned that if you are a female and not in the golden group, you will not be promoted.
I've also learned that this company is one of the lowest paid companies in the area...unless you are above lower management.
This could be a wonderful company to work – more... for if the third floor would be open to listening to its employees and their suggestions on some subtle changes to boost morale. – less
Productive and learning work evironment
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), North Canton,ohioMarch 19, 2014
Pros: offer travel arrangements to help provide experience to enhance performance of job duties
great customer service, learning experience everyday, expanding knowledge, meeting different types of people, management are willing to go above and beyond to help employees.
Very Unprofessional Managemen, and Stressful Environment
CSR (Former Employee), Worthington, OHSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: benefits were great
Cons: refused breaks if more than ten calls on hold. refused lunch breaks the same.
The management is very unprofessional, and do not treat their employees equally. They show lot of favoritism. They break labor laws. The list goes on. I did like my job, just not the people I worked for!
Very good place for which to work!!!!!!!
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Marion, OHJuly 13, 2013
Pros: all the benefits except eye and dental insurances
Cons: better pay
The only complaint was that they did not send me on numerous familiarization trip as did my previous employer, the former National City Bank of Marion, who would send me an average of four times a year compared to maybe one per year. The only thing was that The AAA Ohio Auto Club had a great many more employees to send.
Was interesting
Get all necessary information for the driver (Former Employee), Worthington, OHJune 11, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits!
Had to learn again new computer programs to help locate members and take down information. The only issue I had with this company is I had personal reasons that I was in the hospital for and they ended up letting me go, said I could reapply which I did, but they never hired me back.
Difficult place to advance or recieve support
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), grove city, ohFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: education
Cons: to many to list
Place does not work with their people. no advancement, Crazy hours. by the way, it is not some Saturdays it is MOST! fams are very difficult to get on. Most enjoyable part is the work itself and assisting Client with vacation plans. and the training classes are a lot of fun. dont think all offices and Regional management operate the same way. Unfortunatly – more... my experience left a bad taste and horrible frustration. Really weigh and measure before accepting, they are also the lowest paying corp, in comparison to others in same industry. – less
A great place to work
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee), Wooster, OHFebruary 5, 2013
Assist clients with travel and auto touring preparations, international and domestic. Sundries, travel products, travel money, and continued education and training.
Many locations
Receptionist/Travel Store Coordinator (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHMay 8, 2012
Pros: offer 401k
Cons: difficult to advance
There are many offices to choose from. We have a great education department.
Interesting place to work !
Travel Consultant and Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bucyrus, OhJuly 16, 2012
Pros: a chance to do some traveling, learning about destinations.
Cons: some days not be able to leave the building on your lunch hour.
A job that multi-tasking is a must. Typical day includes answering phone calls, planning trips, selling amusement park tickets, answering questions about membership, creating Triptiks. Develop a great relationship with clients and members. Co-workers were easy to work with and all have the same goals in mind. The hardest part of the job is not being – more... able to finish a project all at once but having to go back to it while you are having to start something else. I loved the people, helping make their dream vacations come true. I found upper management easy to work with and willing to listen to your imput. I learned about so many interesting places. I gained personal growth along with the knowledge of the job. – less

October 22, 2012

cincinnati is age biast!

About AAA Ohio Auto Club

AAA is a not-for-profit federation of 47 motor clubs with a combined total of more than 53 million members and approximately 1,000 – Read more