AAA Ohio Auto Club Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
was stressful especially during the winter time
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 1, 2017
AAA was a good place to work for but in the winter very stressful worked a lot of hours but never got appreciated from upper management. we were the ones there all the time working but they got the bonuses not the employees.
If you love travel this is for you!
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2017
My time spent with AAA Ohio Auto club was truly a great experience. I was a Travel Specialist, and loved every part of making a magical experience for a family, or newly wed couple.

I learned the in's and out's of travel within the USA, as well as travel practices and safety for international travel.

I was able to go on company paid educational trips, so that I would be able to come back to the office and "sell" the product better with first hand knowledge.
Pros
If you are a good specialist, and commited, the company will send you on paid trips to better experience what you will be selling.
Cons
wage and tuition assitance was a big con for me. They wanted me to have a degree before paying more, but would not help with tuition in order to obtain the degree.
extremely overwhelming
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work included working one-on-one with clients to book their vacation plans. You will also have to work the call-center, sell insurance, exchange currency, map-out trips and sell products. I learned a lot about travel while working here. The manager was fine. Her management style is a little more strict than others. The office was only occupied by myself, my manager and one other employee and they were both very quiet and uptight. Also the office was never very busy so it oftentimes felt very boring. The dress code is dress pants, black dress shoes and a AAA shirt. The hardest part of the job was balancing multiple clients at one time while following the protocol for the different types of trips/vacations. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the travel industry and helping people plan something fun.
Pros
good benefits and company
Cons
overwhelming
n/a
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  N Arlington, NJJuly 6, 2017
Very good company to work for. Great benefits, paid time off, decent hours, opportunities to travel. Six (plus) weeks paid training, travel reimbursement.
Amazing Oppurtunity
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 27, 2017
Many people have complained about the salary. I think it's extremely fair this job doesn't require a college degree and starts out over $12 an hour (and gives consistent raises and bonuses based on performance). There's also the opportunity to make hundreds extra every month by selling the AAA brand it's not abnormal to make an extra $500-$1500 a month on top of your hourly rate these are called "incentives" . BUT you won't make that kind of money right away your first 3-5 months expect $100-$300 in "incentives" AND after 3-5 months don't expect to make extra without working for it. They will give you absolutely every kind of assistance needed to be successful and it's up to you how successful you are.

To sum it up this position is a marathon not a sprint the longer you work for the them the more you will make... if you work at it! If you're looking to make a quick buck this isn't the position for you. You also need to know how to use computers before working here and be willing to learn a lot in the first few months.

*The only thing I didn't like was that you start out with no sick or personal time so for the first 90 days you cannot take any time off.
Pros
hour lunch break, free life insurance, fair pay, tons of opportunity to make money, contests with good rewards
Cons
90 days before any time off
Aaa
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 27, 2017
AAA is a great place to work, entry level jobs are abundant and pay relatively well. The opportunities above management level are a bit scarce however.
Not a good work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 10, 2016
My experience with AAA Ohio Auto Club has been positive and mostly negative. Some of my co-workers were the best I have ever worked with. The demands on my time, what I needed to complete every day and the lack of direction from my manager left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Very let down! If you are not a "yes" man, you will have a very short what you thought of a career path. No communication between upper and lower management. This company has gone downhill and only cares about the bottom line!
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, no advancement opportunities, management positions are hired outside, poor management. Please think twice before taking any job with this company!
Its a job nothing more
They would know me if i listed it (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2016
I was an employee and promoted into management and as a long-time employee who wasn't a Yes Man I was railroaded out of the company. Honestly employees are just a body they give good lip service saying they care about the people when they don't
. The pay scale could be better raises are a joke benefits actually are not bad. Upper management does not listen 2 middle or lower management and they do have unrealistic expectations and goals for everyone and all positions in the company. Human resources is atrocious. Not really a company to be at long-term that is why they used to ask people what their plans was for 3 to 5 years as 75 to 80% of the people left within three years. It's a job if you need one but do not expect to stay long-term.
Pros
Benifits free basic aaa membership
Cons
Out of touch management unattainable unrealistic goals and expectations. Pay
Productive workplace with great perks
Battery Technician/ Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2016
Being a mechanic at AAA, there is always something today, which makes for fast workdays. They offer decent benefits, and paid vacation and sick time.
Pros
Paid Vacation and sick time
Cons
have to work holidays and weekends
I loved being able to help the members
ERS Call receiver (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, E Wilson Bridge, Worthington, OhJune 2, 2016
$19,000. A year can't get you by these days. It's an easy job but having to work EVERY holiday just isn't fair. Management is very high schoolish and can be moody.
Pros
Very easy job once you get used to the system.
Cons
They don't close for holidays, you could potentially work every holiday
Wonderful company to work for with great benefits
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJune 1, 2016
Wonderful company to work for with great benefits. It allows me to utilize my skills by enter-acting with all types of people from different cultures. Company has been around for a number of years and a number of employee's who has been there for over 30 years. Very happy with my job, but want a change of pace and broaden my horizons.
Great work/life balance
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 16, 2016
Flexible hours, membership/merchandise discount for employees, great benefits, most difficult is hitting certain "lofty" goals on consistent basis.
Fun place to work and never boring.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 27, 2016
AAA Ohio Auto Club provided extensive training as they wanted their members to be happy. The benefits are good and everyone was very pleasant to work with.
Great job and great atmosphere depending where you work
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 4, 2015
Definitely a fun job, you get to plan trips all day but depending on the store you work at you are there for 10 hours a day and the weeks run Saturday to Friday so you can work Monday-Saturday straight and still don't go into overtime because that Saturday is technically the next week. Don't get the job for compensation purposes, only hourly rate. You have to go to headquarters in Columbus for 6 weeks and they will continually cancel your training so it takes numerous months to complete training and you'll also have to go up/down/over to Columbus for many other trainings within your first year so please have a reliable car.
Pros
Fun job, hour lunch break, great people skills developed
Cons
management doesn't listen well, stressful, very hard to balance new clients and old clients
Former Original @ Car Care Plus
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 14, 2015
Had Techs that were limited to convenience Repairs . Did not recommend to Upper Management to do Rebuilding ,or Repairing Major drive line work Engines ,Transmissions ,or Differentials . Mechanic @ unnamed location went to Auto Director and said I was Rude to Member as well as a Technician . Wrong . Auto director wanted no Management.at Car Care Plus . Advisors Only . .Wanted me to be an Advisor . I was the last of four to leave ...
Pros
Hours, Benefits
Cons
No Support from Management
I love my job!!
Travel Consutant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OhJuly 8, 2014
I have worked for the company for 2 years and I love it! I have worked at two locations within the company, but the same position at each, a Travel Consultant. It is a fast pace job and requires attention to details. In a typical day you could do Trip Tixs, sell attraction tickets, order foreign currency, plane a trip, purchase airline tickets and book a cruise. Each day is a different list of tasks based on what the clients require of you.
The learning options are endless and if you take advantage you can learn a lot. Our education department is the BEST and you can rely on them for help with anything at any time. Only being with the company for 2 years I have already been on one FAM (familiarization trip) I have taken advantage of my employee hotel discounts as well as the discounts that we get for completing education courses with a cruise line.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to take an entire lunch; although we are allotted one hour for lunch each day, our clients are demanding and it makes it hard to get away for the entire hour.
The best part of my job is meeting a ton of great people and sending them on VACATION! When I send a client on a trip I always ask them to stop back in to tell me about the trip they had just gone on. First, I am genuinely interested to see how everything went, how they liked the accommodations and attractions; but it is always good feedback for future clients. Any information that they give you can be used for a client looking to travel to that destination in the future.
I enjoy learning new things about new places, it doesn't
  more... have to be something exotic tike New Zealand or Bora-Bora. It could be something new about Amish country or Put-in- Bay, but the more knowledge I have about different locations the better I am able to do my job.
This job does require a lot of computer skills and also requires a lot of new computer systems, but the company provides a 5 week training course to help with that. The training course is broken up into about 10 weeks and classes are every-other week and are paid for by the company. If you can make it through "Air" week, you have it made!
Pros
Ability to learn new job skills and meeting new people and travel oppertunities
Cons
no true "breaks", must be a multi-tasker
its very stressful work place but i like helping people
Call Taker (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHFebruary 20, 2014
when I first get into work calls are on hold . I know everything about my job and what to do when I go into work don't need any supervision to do my job. the management answered the questions I have if I have any. I work great as a team with my co-workers to get the calls down. the hardest part of my job is the causing people do over the phone. the most enjoyable part is knowing your helping people that really need you.
Pros
good pay and great benfits
Cons
people causing at me
Very Unprofessional Managemen, and Stressful Environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 8, 2013
The management is very unprofessional, and do not treat their employees equally. They show lot of favoritism. They break labor laws. The list goes on. I did like my job, just not the people I worked for!
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
Refused breaks if more than ten calls on hold. Refused lunch breaks the same.
Very good place for which to work!!!!!!!
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 13, 2013
The only complaint was that they did not send me on numerous familiarization trip as did my previous employer, the former National City Bank of Marion, who would send me an average of four times a year compared to maybe one per year. The only thing was that The AAA Ohio Auto Club had a great many more employees to send.
Pros
All the benefits except eye and dental insurances
Cons
Better Pay
Was interesting
Get all necessary information for the driver (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 11, 2013
Had to learn again new computer programs to help locate members and take down information. The only issue I had with this company is I had personal reasons that I was in the hospital for and they ended up letting me go, said I could reapply which I did, but they never hired me back.
Pros
Excellent benefits!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Ohio Auto Club. Our community is ready to answer.