AAA Ohio Auto Club

AAA Ohio Auto Club Employee Reviews in United States

I loved being able to help the members
ERS Call receiver (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, E Wilson Bridge, Worthington, OhJune 2, 2016
$19,000. A year can't get you by these days. It's an easy job but having to work EVERY holiday just isn't fair. Management is very high schoolish and can be moody.
Pros
Very easy job once you get used to the system.
Cons
They don't close for holidays, you could potentially work every holiday
Wonderful company to work for with great benefits
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJune 1, 2016
Wonderful company to work for with great benefits. It allows me to utilize my skills by enter-acting with all types of people from different cultures. Company has been around for a number of years and a number of employee's who has been there for over 30 years. Very happy with my job, but want a change of pace and broaden my horizons.
Great work/life balance
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 16, 2016
Flexible hours, membership/merchandise discount for employees, great benefits, most difficult is hitting certain "lofty" goals on consistent basis.
Fun place to work and never boring.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 27, 2016
AAA Ohio Auto Club provided extensive training as they wanted their members to be happy. The benefits are good and everyone was very pleasant to work with.
Great job and great atmosphere depending where you work
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 4, 2015
Definitely a fun job, you get to plan trips all day but depending on the store you work at you are there for 10 hours a day and the weeks run Saturday to Friday so you can work Monday-Saturday straight and still don't go into overtime because that Saturday is technically the next week. Don't get the job for compensation purposes, only hourly rate. You have to go to headquarters in Columbus for 6 weeks and they will continually cancel your training so it takes numerous months to complete training and you'll also have to go up/down/over to Columbus for many other trainings within your first year so please have a reliable car.
Pros
Fun job, hour lunch break, great people skills developed
Cons
management doesn't listen well, stressful, very hard to balance new clients and old clients
Former Original @ Car Care Plus
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 14, 2015
Had Techs that were limited to convenience Repairs . Did not recommend to Upper Management to do Rebuilding ,or Repairing Major drive line work Engines ,Transmissions ,or Differentials . Mechanic @ unnamed location went to Auto Director and said I was Rude to Member as well as a Technician . Wrong . Auto director wanted no Management.at Car Care Plus . Advisors Only . .Wanted me to be an Advisor . I was the last of four to leave ...
Pros
hours, benefits
Cons
no support from management
I love my job!!
Travel Consutant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OhJuly 8, 2014
I have worked for the company for 2 years and I love it! I have worked at two locations within the company, but the same position at each, a Travel Consultant. It is a fast pace job and requires attention to details. In a typical day you could do Trip Tixs, sell attraction tickets, order foreign currency, plane a trip, purchase airline tickets and book a cruise. Each day is a different list of tasks based on what the clients require of you.
The learning options are endless and if you take advantage you can learn a lot. Our education department is the BEST and you can rely on them for help with anything at any time. Only being with the company for 2 years I have already been on one FAM (familiarization trip) I have taken advantage of my employee hotel discounts as well as the discounts that we get for completing education courses with a cruise line.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to take an entire lunch; although we are allotted one hour for lunch each day, our clients are demanding and it makes it hard to get away for the entire hour.
The best part of my job is meeting a ton of great people and sending them on VACATION! When I send a client on a trip I always ask them to stop back in to tell me about the trip they had just gone on. First, I am genuinely interested to see how everything went, how they liked the accommodations and attractions; but it is always good feedback for future clients. Any information that they give you can be used for a client looking to travel to that destination in the future.
I enjoy learning new things about new places, it doesn't have
  more... to be something exotic tike New Zealand or Bora-Bora. It could be something new about Amish country or Put-in- Bay, but the more knowledge I have about different locations the better I am able to do my job.
This job does require a lot of computer skills and also requires a lot of new computer systems, but the company provides a 5 week training course to help with that. The training course is broken up into about 10 weeks and classes are every-other week and are paid for by the company. If you can make it through "Air" week, you have it made!
Pros
ability to learn new job skills and meeting new people and travel oppertunities
Cons
no true "breaks", must be a multi-tasker
Productive and learning work evironment
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Canton,ohioMarch 19, 2014
great customer service, learning experience everyday, expanding knowledge, meeting different types of people, management are willing to go above and beyond to help employees.
Pros
offer travel arrangements to help provide experience to enhance performance of job duties
its very stressful work place but i like helping people
Call Taker (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHFebruary 20, 2014
when I first get into work calls are on hold . I know everything about my job and what to do when I go into work don't need any supervision to do my job. the management answered the questions I have if I have any. I work great as a team with my co-workers to get the calls down. the hardest part of my job is the causing people do over the phone. the most enjoyable part is knowing your helping people that really need you.
Pros
good pay and great benfits
Cons
people causing at me
Very Unprofessional Managemen, and Stressful Environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 8, 2013
The management is very unprofessional, and do not treat their employees equally. They show lot of favoritism. They break labor laws. The list goes on. I did like my job, just not the people I worked for!
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
refused breaks if more than ten calls on hold. refused lunch breaks the same.
Very good place for which to work!!!!!!!
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 13, 2013
The only complaint was that they did not send me on numerous familiarization trip as did my previous employer, the former National City Bank of Marion, who would send me an average of four times a year compared to maybe one per year. The only thing was that The AAA Ohio Auto Club had a great many more employees to send.
Pros
all the benefits except eye and dental insurances
Cons
better pay
Was interesting
Get all necessary information for the driver (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 11, 2013
Had to learn again new computer programs to help locate members and take down information. The only issue I had with this company is I had personal reasons that I was in the hospital for and they ended up letting me go, said I could reapply which I did, but they never hired me back.
Pros
excellent benefits!
Difficult place to advance or recieve support
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  grove city, ohFebruary 19, 2013
Place does not work with their people. no advancement, Crazy hours. by the way, it is not some Saturdays it is MOST! fams are very difficult to get on. Most enjoyable part is the work itself and assisting Client with vacation plans. and the training classes are a lot of fun. dont think all offices and Regional management operate the same way. Unfortunatly my experience left a bad taste and horrible frustration. Really weigh and measure before accepting, they are also the lowest paying corp, in comparison to others in same industry.
Pros
education
Cons
to many to list
A great place to work
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 5, 2013
Assist clients with travel and auto touring preparations, international and domestic. Sundries, travel products, travel money, and continued education and training.
Many locations
Receptionist/Travel Store Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 8, 2012
There are many offices to choose from. We have a great education department.
Pros
offer 401k
Cons
difficult to advance