AAA Southern New England Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Company/
Call Counselor, Road Service Center (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 30, 2016
I enjoyed working here,Co-Workers were great.Benefits were good.Learned at lot about dealing with upset members,Cross trained for different business lines.
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes Communciations between Management and Supervisorswere lacking.
Great Company
DISPATCHER / MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 22, 2016
AAA great company with many areas of possible employment. AAA benefits for part time employees is the best I have seen and the hours are adequate.
Pros
Benefits, Growth opportunities
Cons
Hours
Fun workplace have a good team.
Bi-Lingual Call Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 17, 2015
Great place to work had all the help you could need. I loved helping customers over the phone or training new employees. My work schedule was very balanced and the management was good.
Pros
Great management and benefits
Cons
It was a waiting game to get into management
great company to work for always room to move up in the company
Call Counselor (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 6, 2015
AAA was a big company and for some time had great management , It would always encourage their employers to grow & cross train in other departments , but working in a call center there seemed like there is always gray areas and policys would be bent several times .
Pros
lots of employee activitys
Cons
health coverage
Senior Dispatcher
Senior Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 8, 2016
As a senior dispatcher I was faced with the challenge of ensuring my staff and members were satisfied with their service.
Clean, secure environment with parking issues at times
Call Center (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 3, 2014
Exceptional training and employee culture.
Decent salary, great benefits if you meet the requirements
Difficult schedule if you crave 9-5 type position
Call Center Supervisors can use more supervision.
Team Leaders should be held to a higher standard.
Few Full Time positions seems to be the norm.
Rewards for working Holidays.
Very busy faced paced.
Co-workers very helpful.
Management could learn a thing or two by skipping over some supervisors and spending more time advancing Call Center Reps and Dispatchers.
Pros
employee culture
Cons
need new blood in key positions
Good place to work but I for one need a change and f/t work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 20, 2015
I have been with the company for many years and always enjoyed coming to work though any type of customer service position can and will take a toll at some point. There have been many changes recently and the quarterly bonuses we once received are currently dwindling. Benefits are no longer provided to anyone working less than a 25 hour work week which left many scrambling for insurance.
Stable corporation with diverse business lines
Branch (Former Employee) –  VariousDecember 3, 2014
Allows for employee growth in a challenging environment. Benefits are very competitive and internal training allows for advancements.
Pros
training, corporate benefits
Cons
saturday hours
Good competitive company with great services.
Emergency Road Service Counselor-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 5, 2015
We would take inbound Emergency roadside calls. Jot down the information, such as whereabouts and car types, then send info to dispatch so they can send assistance to the member. The hardest part of that job would be inclement weather, the call volume would be chaotic and the phone calls from members who's been waiting for assistance a little over the eta are through the roof.
Pros
Incentives and bonuses
Cons
Some of the angry members very disrespectful.
a variety of services available
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 22, 2015
I worked in an office that was always very busy. We offered an array of services such as discounted tickets for the movies or area attractions. We sold travelers checks. We also could order foreign currency at a competitive rate. The biggest part of our day was to renew or replace driver's licenses and state identifications cards. Most days we were short staffed. Therefore you had to compensate. We did work as a team very well under the circumstances. The hardest part of the job was helping the members understand their options for the license renewal being that most people were not aware. Therefore you were always making sure they had the correct information for both the licenses or state identification cards. The most enjoyable part of my job was really making the members happy. I had many members who would wait for me to take care of whatever they needed.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
not having a full staff most days
Perfect for student
Spanish Translator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 25, 2015
Hardest part of the job is the monotonous work. The best part of the job for me, is the relationships with co workers and the emphasis on teamwork there.
Pros
free memberships
Cons
monotonous work
Bad in CT road service dept
Road service call representative (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 17, 2014
No morale, favortism, micromanagement, no room for advancement, dept manager unapproachable & rude, cannot trust anyone there, supervisors talk about each other & other employees, longevity there means nothing. Hamden CT is a JOKE
Pros
nothing
Cons
favortism, manager is unapproachable, unfair treatment, i can go on and on
Great Place to learn about values
Dispatcher I (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 23, 2014
One of the reasons I loved AAA is the values and integrity they hold for their employees. Our directors and upper management were with employees on late night shifts, They coached us, and pre-pared us for a wonderful opportunity. Anyone knows that car trouble can make anyone's day turn upside down, but the atmosphere AAA sets, and the standards they set in place makes you want to assist the members and really provide an outstanding experience not because the company expects you too, but because you want to that's the type of atmosphere they provide. It comes down to the training, and trainers and they work diligently to ensure you are on point and understand what it is to value your job!

Wonderful place to work and a great place to start out for the first time in Customer Service.
Pros
everything
Nice clean productive enviornment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 24, 2014
Well I worked 3rd shift at AAA. A typical night I'd say would be you clock in, get yourself settled, and prepare for a majority amount of member calls regarding tire changes.The management at AAA is great, they definitely love their employees. The co-workers are very friendly and nice, it's like one big family there. The hardest part of the job would have to be giving the members a PTA during bad weather conditions. The enjoyable moments I'd say was walking into work itself, I loved the environment there and was actually happy to going to work while I was employed by AAA.
Great company
Area Branch Sales/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 12, 2013
Great company to work for! Lots of opportunity for career advancement and good culture
Good Employer
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 15, 2015
A large company that cared for their employees development. I enjoyed having a large array of job duties to continue to learn and grow with the company.
Pros
Employee events
Cons
Short lunches
Horrible Management-No room for advancement
Upper Management (Former Employee) –  RIJuly 8, 2014
AAA has changed dramatically over the past 6 years. Unless your in the corporate office, no room for advancement. Very political and it's about who likes who! CT branches are treated very unfair.MA/RI offices have more employees, asst. mgrs. which CT does not have. They want to rid older CT employees with tenure so they can bring in new "blood" and pay them less. Cost of living in CT is very high compared to MA/RI and they don't want to ever acknowledge this. This has resulted in poor morale. It also has become a mini DMV with less employees and more work! If you have been there a long time, no increase-you've reached the max. Management claims open door policy but don't dare open up about ideas, your shot down and looked down upon and a "check mark" is put next to your name!. Worked there over 20 years and once would have said I would retire from there, NOT ANY MORE! Left and now see a better appreciation for my hard work outside of AAA. You receive no recognition there unless your a favorite and work in Providence. They have a service award dinner but all it is is a front to pretend they appreciate employees, complete joke! Again, suggestions in CT are shot down but once it is brought up in RI suddenly its a great idea . Very sad! Stay away from this company, they paint a great picture and then BOOM! They got rid of all major dept's in CT (lay offs) and based them out of RI. Then suddenly there were tons of promotions in RI from the money they saved in CT through layoffs! They also try to add more products and service for members yet never have a solid understanding  more... of the product.. You only have a short period of time with a member and with so many products to offer a member at a time they still want you to promote everything. Hours have also been cut throughout the years in many departments. If you don't brown nose, you don't get anywhere with this company. Expectations are extremely high when it comes to work load yet with less employees. AAA is all about road safety but when there are severe storms, snowstorms, hurricanes, get to work, they don't except excuses, branches open regardless of road conditions putting employees safety at risk, They try to promote internal office safety but when it comes to employees on the road during storm conditions, they don't care....get to work! They ONLY close when the state shuts down the roads, that is it! The only positive part of the job is meeting some great members. Unfortunately you never have enough time to give them the service they deserve because you're so short staffed , you have to move on or the lines become long, people complain and DMV gets extremely backed up. I empathize with the members because since DMV has come and the RI merge the AAA members get no extra service that they deserve, nonmembers come in and can utilize DMV and also cause the most issues with their bad attitude. Your AAA membership is not what it used to be worth yet your dues continue to increase. The RI based southern new England is trying to become the biggest AAA in the association while compromising employees, morale and poor management from the branch managers up to the president. .Again, in an interview they will make everything sound great but once your in, you will hear and see the poor morale of the employees. You can never go to management nor will employees say anything to management because you will be penalized in some way or another!  less
Pros
Working with members
Cons
Management/Politics/More work-less employees/Favoritism

Comment – December 31, 1969

I agree-worked there for over 15 years and the same issues-Glad I got out before it got worse-I hear it is only getting worse every year! Especially in CT-employees are treated horrible-very sad to hear but I do know many are buying their time until retirement (only a couple of years) or their looking at other jobs. I would say in the last year and half I have heard of over 15 tenure employees leaving-good for them! Stay away from this company-micro-management and no open door policy. Some of the managers that are still there shouldn't be and the good ones have left!

n/a
roadside assistance, customer service (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 10, 2015
Typical day: towing in boston, short and long distance,making sure customers are happy and well taken care of.

Co worker: are very helpful when you need them
Aa sne
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 4, 2014
Great company excellent benefits! Loved working with members, be prepared to be on your feet all day if your working in Branch Operations.
Pros
benefits!
Cons
no room for growth!!
Great place to work, meet some great people working here
CALL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 16, 2014
It is a very high passed job at times but I enjoy the challenge of assitaning the members whether it be a road service call or membership issue. All the supervisors are very helpful in all types of situations that come our way . It can be very difficult at times when members call back very angry with an a long wait or issues with the service call, but I enjoy solving & unstressing the member by assisting them with the best possible solution to the problem.
Pros
lots of incentive earnings, appreciation days, pizza parties

AAA Southern New England Reviews by Location