AAA The Auto Club Group (ACG)

AAA The Auto Club Group (ACG) Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Membership Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJanuary 14, 2016
This is a company that spans throughout the US and Canada and has to be one of the best places for anyone to experience the corporate world. At anytime an individual can start at the bottom and work their way to the top if they put their mind to it. This is a company that hires from within before seeking outside employees which I truly valued as an employee. The benefits were the best that could be imagined at the time and also the reimbursement for higher education if you studied in the area of your job.
Pros
Great Company with advancement opportunities
Cons
Don't walk run away there is no future with AAA
Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2015
If you enjoy micro management, poor communication, mismanagement, company waste and poor benefits for a company of its size. And my header this is not a job you should consider run from this company it is not as rosey as it seems. Poor management who ask for the world then fires you for not meeting your goals when they set the goals too high. If you choose to take this opportunity start looking for a new job within 90 days. Good luck.
Pros
very little pros
Cons
too many to put on the web.
Success is built from within.
Call Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 26, 2015
They were responsible for the beginning of my management & leadership career. They gave me the tools, resources and support to create a successful new hire program that is still in motion today.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
support resources
One of my best jobs ever
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for, a family like atmosphere, excellent benefits, would work there again. I was laid off, not the companies fault, it was the economy at the time.
Pros
Working there was like being part of a large family
it was dynamics and rewarding
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FlOctober 25, 2015
AAA is a very friendly network , full with information that helps the public in many facets. I enjoyed working initially as a customer rep and as well as an insurance agent. I excelled in sales while working there and lost focus of my objectivity and customers' needs.
it was exciting and rewarding.
Horrible
P/C Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus GAAugust 28, 2015
If you like being Micro-Managed to the 10th power AAA CLUB GROUP is the place to work. If you like policies and procedures that apply to you but are not in writing again this is the place to work. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE!
Pros
Name Reconition
Cons
YOU ARE TOLD YOU HAVE A YEAR TO GET UP AND RUNNING......NOT TRUE...HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT TEAM.
fun working there
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ ERS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLOctober 16, 2015
fun working place. coworkers were part of a team. very supportive management, will work with you to be able to get the job done. plenty of room to grow.
OK place to work
Assistant Manager/ Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 6, 2015
Interesting place to work, must be able to pamper customers.

Compensation is ok, INS was good.

Not many holidays off.

Management will write you up for any wrong doings.
Work well and be treated well.
Pros
wages
Fun place to work with GREAT upper management
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLApril 22, 2015
This is a call center enviroment so its a fast pace wiht little to no down time. Management are great I have nothing negative to say about them. The people i worked with were amazing it made the everyday work go by easier with everyone pitching in. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with the angry customers. My hours were 8am-430pm M-F to me that was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Free basic membership and great benefits
Cons
Dealing with ANGRY customers all day
If they weren't phasing out my position, I wouldn't be looking for another position
Membership Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 23, 2015
AAA was a Great place to work. The management treated us well. The employees were easy to work with. I would stay if they weren't phasing out my departmrnt. The job entailed working with people of all walks of life, from the Rich to the Poor. We worked with small businesses, and large. It is a Great job!
Pros
great mangement and team player mentality
Cons
phasing out my department
Great place to work for... Loved working there.
Team Leader/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, TNMarch 23, 2015
Great company to work for. Was able to really make a difference in a supervisory level. Maintained and made sure customers were safe as they waited for emergency road service. Great place to work for. Really enjoyed it.
My work day in a high call volume enviroment
Member Call Center Supervisor/ ERS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJuly 11, 2014
I look at my schedule to see how I will start my day. Walk around make sure my employee's questioned are answered. I have learned how to work well with others and how to interact with different personalities. My management team are great people to work with and learn everyday on new ways to deal with certain situations. Co-workers are always willing to help when a problem come up or need advice. The hardest part of my job is not being able to control what I can do at the work place. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to coach my employees and they improve with the numbers or are able to help members easier.
Temp Jobs
Licensed Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 17, 2014
• Data Entry: Entered all data from one computer system to a new computer system for a corrugation company.
• Receptionist: In/Outbound calls, greeting both future and current vendors, processed future employees’ applications and identification for HR review, in/outbound mail including packages, translated documents from English to Spanish, assembled brochures for company meetings and VP.
Cons
temporary
Provide services to drivers in distress.
Emergency Roadside Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 1, 2014
Attending customers with problems on the road, renewing memberships and provide peace of mind for those in distress.

I learned to be patient and compassionate on the phone with customers; management was great that as long as you did your job correctly would not bother you; co-workers who turned in long time friends; hardest part was volume of calls; most enjoyable was co-workers and management reunions.
Pros
easy going management.
Cons
volume of calls
Fast paced work environment
Sr. Emergency Road Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJanuary 1, 2014
A typical day at work is answering incoming calls from stranded motorists. Decisions I make to send the correct equipment effects the overall customer satisfaction. Calls frequently involve life threatening situations where decisions to prioritize calls are imperative. I have a close relationship with my co workers and management since I have been a part of the AAA family for the past 7 years. Hardest part of my job to date is the current position I am in will not allow me to advance without relocating. I enjoy the ability to help others.
Pros
schedule is set, and i work from home.
Cons
room for advancement
Could've been a great job for those of us with real travel experience
Travel (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlDecember 15, 2013
The only good thing of working there were the vendors. The management was a joke. I have never hated a job in my life until working there. If you have any former travel experience look else where since they don't appreciate your knowledge. There nice in the beginning then the bullying starts. You will always be in the wrong no matter what thanks to there lack of self confidence.
Pros
vendor knowledge
Cons
everything else
New Kid on the Block
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 7, 2013
I love travel, relocated to Florida, same company, new club, new rules, new kids on the block. I did well my first year, considering my co-worker was a one person travel genius, working the office most of the time by herself. So her client base was deep, her revenue was solid. I come in and give her some relief, She is finally able to take a vacation. I catch on quickly, but could not make the revenue required when the new commission plan was established. I miss my job, but time to something different. Now enrolled in Medical Assistant Program.
Pros
undersanding life experiences
Cons
new commission revenue plan
Place absolutely sucks
Computer Operations (Former Employee) –  1515 WestshoreMarch 20, 2013
I worked there and the management absolutely sucked. The place continually sets people up to fail and there is zero chance for advancement. The management has a philosophy there to convinence people there are too dumb for advancement and too worthless to go anywhere else outside of the company. I have witnessed many employees berated and cursed at publically. If you are looking for a place to go and really feel worthless this is the place for you, otherwise keep looking.
Pros
they let you know how they feel about you
Cons
they let you know how they feel about you
Terrible Corporate Culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  TampaApril 25, 2013
Was with AAA 6 years in a mid-level position. This past year they joined forces with a AAA Northern Group. Disaster! They were TAKEN OVER. Structure changed, southern management is hog tied, no real power. Very bad morale, management very slow in the reorganization. Some staff was given additional responsibilities with no salary increase or title change. The people who made this place work have left, were forced out or are looking for work.

A terrible shame.
Pros
great co-workers, free parking nice kitchen area.
Cons
small raises, powerless management, little incentive and very bad morale.
Pleasant environment, but very stressful at times.
Senior Bilingual Member Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2012
A great experience working with and assisting members in very much need of your service. Most of the management staff was very considerate and helpful to its associates. Steady schedule with overtime hours available to those willing and able during busy times of the year. I have no regrets and am very happy to still be associated with AAA Auto Club South as a member, as a I have been since 1991.