AAA The Auto Club Group (ACG) Employee Reviews

90% Contractors, Poor Job Security, IT not Valued
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2017
Old 1970's style Office building, AAA is an insurance business with an old out-dated mentality, who refuses to allow adequate budgeting for IT, slow out-dated computers, outdated 15inch monitors, no free coffee, only 3mo contracts, poor job security, purse strings controlled by people that have never met me in Michigan, Only 1 day notice given that contracts are extended or not, went somewhere else with 2 weeks notice because they had no idea if I'd get extended or not even though they liked my work.
Pros
Good Pay, Remote work allowed twice per week
Cons
Old Office building, slow out-dated computers, outdated 15 inch monitors, no free coffee, only 3mo contracts, Michigan controls contracts, no emphasis on IT, low budget, outdated
Good coworkers, just a bad job
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 20, 2017
Loved everyone that worked there. Management was great. Have to accept a 2nd or 3rd shift to start with no weekends off. Can be hard for work/life balance. Call center environment and VERY fast paced. Would only recommend for someone with previous call center experience. I ended up being very stressed and anxiety-filled and unfortunately had to leave.
Pros
coworkers, management
Cons
shift hours, stressful
Senior Lead Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2017
I have been working for AAA for almost 17 years and enjoyed it very much, learned a lot and loved the people I worked with. I loved the team I was part of.
n/a
ERS Advocate I (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Be expected to average 60-80 calls daily. While in training you will learn about map direction in depth and skills to help you to be able to become a great ERS advocate I and prepare you for other positions within the company . Benefits are excellent,The management is good. Diversity is throughout the company including management.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping people with emergency needs in roadside assistance
Pros
Diversity, Excellent Benefits, Oppourtunity Growth
Cons
Focuses on Average Handle Time to much
great place to work
Human Resources Assistant and Input Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2017
a lot of opportunity for expansion and growth, well compensated and nice benefits. Received additional benefits to a variety of services, hotels of those that are sold thru AAA
Upbeat fun environment
Sales and Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day at work would be meetings in the morning then we would get on the phone and take inbound calls. We would get 2 hours per day to make outbound calls to our members.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
Worked on weekends
Great atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2016
A more relaxed call center environment. Numbers and goals to be met- yes. That is the world we live in. Call centers are numbers based. Having numbers to meet does not equal being micro-managed. Lots of paid holidays. Competitive benefits. Great hours for a call center. Procedures change frequently to make things more efficient for customers and employees. I have never felt like a number. In fact , I plan on this company taking me into retirement. Best company I have ever worked for. The culture makes me feel valued and important. Teamwork is awesome. Lots of multitasking and sometimes hectic. I learn more every day and I love it. Everyone in management is very approachable.
Pros
Free membership, good hours, fair pay
Cons
Location...traffic no matter where you live
Not a fun place
Travel Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 10, 2016
Everything is based on number...numbers and if you don't make your numbers they will fire you. Also, the company is always making changes of managers and personnel. Never know what is going to happen the next day when you go to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
A lot of sales pressure
Travel Agent Life
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2016
Helping Clients with travel arrangements, Booking Packages, tours & cruises.
Arranging flights, car rentals and hotels for clients who needed them
Handled Any travel problems that may have come up during a members travels
Booked travel insurances for members & non-members
Provided world class services to anyone who called in to our travel agency
Pros
Free travel all over the world
Cons
Short breaks, Very long hours
Excellent team of people
Club Counselor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 11, 2016
I have worked for many companies. I can honestly say I have never been so impressed with the team I worked with. Each of them comes to work with a very positive attitude and it made working there a pleasure.

From top level management, to field management, to supervisors, AAA the the perfect company that I would encourage anyone (who can contribute well) to work for.

Good luck on your search.
Wonderful Company to work for
Club Counselor Member Services/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 8, 2016
This was one of the best companies I ever worked for. The management was great and the overall organization of the company was good. The attraction perks made up for the compensation.
Member Services
Group Business Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2016
Fun environment and staff to be working with. Mostly interacted with members of AAA who came in knowing which service they need.
A great place to advance your career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  1515 N. Westshore Blvd. Tampa, Fl.June 6, 2016
Started as a file clerk moved to Supervisor of Operations over the fifteen years I was there. Only left to move to another state.

I enjoyed working there with all staff including the branch office staff that I had contact with. Executives were great to work with. They were willing to listen and help where they could.

I believe I would still be there if not for moving.
One of my best jobs ever
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for, a family like atmosphere, excellent benefits, would work there again. I was laid off, not the companies fault, it was the economy at the time.
Pros
Working there was like being part of a large family
Great Company
Membership Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJanuary 14, 2016
This is a company that spans throughout the US and Canada and has to be one of the best places for anyone to experience the corporate world. At anytime an individual can start at the bottom and work their way to the top if they put their mind to it. This is a company that hires from within before seeking outside employees which I truly valued as an employee. The benefits were the best that could be imagined at the time and also the reimbursement for higher education if you studied in the area of your job.
Pros
Great Company with advancement opportunities
Cons
Success is built from within.
Call Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 26, 2015
They were responsible for the beginning of my management & leadership career. They gave me the tools, resources and support to create a successful new hire program that is still in motion today.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
support resources
Don't walk run away there is no future with AAA
Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2015
If you enjoy micro management, poor communication, mismanagement, company waste and poor benefits for a company of its size. And my header this is not a job you should consider run from this company it is not as rosey as it seems. Poor management who ask for the world then fires you for not meeting your goals when they set the goals too high. If you choose to take this opportunity start looking for a new job within 90 days. Good luck.
Pros
very little pros
Cons
too many to put on the web.
Mandatory OT, Mandatory Attendance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand RapidsNovember 6, 2015
Constant calls holding
Call center is understaffed
Call center management is okay but upper mgmt (VP and above) not so much.
You are just a #
Pros
Lots of OT if you are interested
Cons
mandatory OT, attendance, shortened breaks
it was dynamics and rewarding
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FlOctober 25, 2015
AAA is a very friendly network , full with information that helps the public in many facets. I enjoyed working initially as a customer rep and as well as an insurance agent. I excelled in sales while working there and lost focus of my objectivity and customers' needs.
it was exciting and rewarding.
fun working there
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ ERS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLOctober 16, 2015
fun working place. coworkers were part of a team. very supportive management, will work with you to be able to get the job done. plenty of room to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA The Auto Club Group (ACG). Our community is ready to answer.