AAA Employee Reviews

........
tow operator (Former Employee), hartford ctAugust 26, 2015
loved the ppl i worked with , management was not so great but made the best of it. its an ok work place, loved being out on the road alone.
Emergency Road Service Advocate
Emergency Road Service Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 26, 2015
A typical day at AAA consisted of an early start to ensure punctuality as professional success and advancements are based on attendance and performance based metrics. I am one of those people who are appreciated for the contributions i make to the work environment. I save resources that management provides which often times makes me a resource to others. I take calls and relay with subcontractors in the field to arrange for the safe and secure rescue assistance for AAA customers in 7 states and parts of Canada. Its a nice place to work the cafeteria is good and reasonably priced. but attendance is a must. Few acceptations to the tardy rule and even fewer for absences.
Every holiday was terrible.
Teleservice Counselor (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioAugust 25, 2015
AAA was a fairly great company to work for. The job was simple and I had the opportunity to help people. I didn't like working every holiday though.
not as good as it used to be
Travel Agent (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 20, 2015
Pros: little to no supervision
Cons: short lunch, low pay, no communication
This used to be a great place to work. But now it has been bought out and now people thousands of miles away make all the decisions for the local offices. There is more red tape at this company now than there is in the military. Plus last year they stopped paying commission. I instantly lost at least $5000 a year.
Emergency Road Service Agent AAA
ERS agent (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Awesome incentives, benefits, employees treated well
Cons: Very high stress level
Handling Emergency Road Service Requests, it is necessary to be diligent in working in this fast paced environment. The position includes in and outbound calls, processing requests for battery service, lockouts, tow requests and more. Assisting the police department when needed. Pinpointing locations, sometimes while they are unknown by the stranded motorist. Making car rental arrangements as needed, Handling complaints.
AAA Cooper Transportation
Heavy Duty Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 19, 2015
This is a hard working place, often time hot but manageable. A typical day for me at AAA Cooper Transportation was, driving heavy duty fork lifts, moving freight on pallets and moving some packages by hand. They provided hydrate and things need to not over heat. The hardest part about this job is dealing with the heat in the summer. The enjoyable part of this job is is pays good for it.
Great company to work for and grow.
Associate Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2015
Loved this company. They took care of their employees just like a customer. Customer Service was number 1 on their list of doing things right. If I didn't move states, I'd still be with this company.
Fast pace/ good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), AnnonymousAugust 15, 2015
Taking fast paced emergency calls for roadside service and getting service out to members at the same time as succeeding in all of your day to day metrics. Friendly environment and easy to work with people
Sales Agent (Former Employee), EdwardsvilleAugust 15, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: cold calls (not mandatory)
Great company, great people, and lots of ways to make money as a sales agent. I enjoyed working there although I quit to go finish a masters degree.
Good Company
Member Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Insurance, Hours
Cons: No room for advancement
Good company, with good people and good hours and insurance. Not a lot of room for advancement in the area I live in. Supportive management team.
cool job
Road Service Provider (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 13, 2015
the job was very demanding meaning there was a lot of work which is not bad because it made me busy and time seemed to go faster
Fun and engaging
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lilburn, GaAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Work from Home
Cons: Work from home no personal interactions.
Work was very flexible.
Scheduled around my life and responsibilities.
Great support from management.
The important thing was to get help to members quickly yet efficiently.
Very conservative company with job security
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CA / San Luis ObispoAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Working Saturdays & Holidays / Holiday Weekends
I enjoyed working for the Auto Club of Southern California for over 9 years. Management is very helpful and will assist with advancement in the company.

This job is appropriate if you are able to multi task and be very patient and calm with AAA members that may be challenging at times. There are a multitude of products/services that must be learned, but there is an university at the headquarters – more... in Costa Mesa to train for this. The university is wonderful and the teachers are amazing.

It is also important to know that cross sell to other departments in the office as well as AAA products is a requirement. Therefore you must be comfortable with this form of sales. Your job position does rely on this to make certain numbers, however management provides sufficient amount of time to create an action plan.

Must be willing to work Saturday's and holidays / holiday weekends. – less
productive outgoing job
Roadside Assistant (Former Employee), chicago, ilAugust 12, 2015
Pros: no office. set schedule
Cons: hours and pay
clock in at 6 am, clock out at 11 pm. service members battery and vehicle if problem a rise. You work alone so the only time we hear about co workers is threw dispatch. the hardest part of the job is the hours you work, the most enjoyable part is you are outdoors all day
I really liked this job.
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
Typical day start at 7;00AM and end at 5PM. You get several breaks if needed. Was mostly in front of the computer or answering the phone.
Challenging yet fun
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 9, 2015
Very good pay and benefits but the work is hard. There are many different personalities from the dealing with the members to management. I absolutley love the people i work with all of my co workers are like family.
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Juan PRAugust 8, 2015
Pros: i had 40 hours per week
Cons: To many calls
Everyday was a challenge because every single customer was yelling at you at the time to make payments. every payment had to be done fast in less that 4 minutes.
Productive workspace
Financial Secretary (Former Employee), Township of Brick, NJAugust 5, 2015
This was a simple accounting job for the summer. It gained me experience I needed to start another job and paid decently.
Great cabinets with personal customization
Sales Representative/Office Admin. (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great morning/afternoon hours
Cons: Not enough hands on training and very limited break times
The environment is quiet and peaceful. You're taught how to answer phones, respond to emails, customer service skills, and how to design kitchens through a 20/20 Program
Not worth your time to apply.
Emergency Roadside Assistance (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Airconditioning
Cons: Everything
AAA in Omaha was a poor experience. They treat you like a number in a database. The training is just the same week repeated for 4. I never met any management until I was on the floor and even then I met my own manager briefly. They give very little wiggle room for new employees. Your stats must be good quickly.

They hire through a temp staffing company. Which might be great for them but for you – more... it means very poor benefits. And a nice little badge that says NON-EMPLOYEE to make you feel like less of an important member of the staff.

AAA boasts a lunch room with no fridge and no microwaves. They lauded their broken air-hockey table as a benefit.

Companies in the area with similar job descriptions offer better benefits, schedules, atmosphere, pay, and amenities. AAA reminds me of a poor man's PayPal. A very poor man's PayPal. – less