AAA Employee Reviews

Excellent company with great reputation
FIELD MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WI 53186December 5, 2016
A great company with job advancement. I worked there for 7 years and was promoted several times, When I left I was managing 4 offices and had 41 direct reports in 4 lines of business. There were many classes for Managers and state of the art systems such as Salesforce.com.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
heavy workload
n/a
aaa sobeck rd cols. oh light service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2016
during my time, you would be fired for minor infractions. I have heard that has now changed. appealed to ceo about being let go with support letters and commendations but was ignored. let go because put section of tape over one phone number to keep tape clean to hold lid down on tool case. forgot it was there. that was only reason for being let go.
Pros
the type of work
Cons
certain managers
Nice place to work for
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
It's one of the best job you can have great pay great bosses great employees nicest trucks for towing fully equipped what more can you ask for. I don't have much more to say with what I wrote is more than enough I don't think I have to over exaggerate the people that work there know what I'm talking about
Pros
Cons
Nothing to complain about
Hard working place
Alarm technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2016
Nice start-up job for a entry level tech, a lot of travelling and some times you would be working outdoors in the Arizona summer sun. You check is always on time.
Pros
Don't pay well
Cons
Got a work vehicle
Loved it but moving
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 1, 2016
I was a claims adjuster not a travel agent this company had a lot more to offer... also banking now!!! We gave excellent customer service as we were a small group and did every aspect of the claim!!
Pros
Lots of compensation
AAA is a great place to work with opportunities
Licensed (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2016
AAA is like any other call center. You have growth opportunities you have great people to work with and management always available to assist. AAA is a good company to work for.
I've spent 10 years there and look forward to going into work each day. The people in our group have different personalities and things we excel at
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 29, 2016
There are a lot of positive things I've been part of at my time at AAA. There doesn't seem to be as much upward mobility as I hoped for. Most people have been with the company for most of their career and plan to stay for their life.

The people are good natured and hard working. And I certainly would be happy working there for the whole of my career. I'm still (relatively) young and definitely ambitious.

I think this is a good time to see if there is something better out there.

I learned a lot and look back fondly on my time there. So, if there isn't a better fit, I will be happy to continue my time there.
Pros
Comraderie, teamwork, positive work environment, stable job security
Cons
Not much upward mobility. Pay is less than the going rates for workers of my skill set.
Morally bankrupt
Fleet driver/ Battery tech (Former Employee) –  NNE Portsmouth/PortlandNovember 27, 2016
Do not work for the Portland or Portsmouth group. Management is the most unethical morally bankrupt group of people I've ever encountered. Not concerned with quality or their employees in the slightest. Nothing but lip service both to their members and to their employees.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Management/ Pay (lack of)
Gives the ability to move around mobilly Great for meeting and helping people
Road Side Assistance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
AAA was a very good company to work for. Overtime was available , superviser commuications were great as well the staff.
Pros
Mobility
Benefits
Stressful, uninvolved workplace
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 21, 2016
It is very hard to get a solid answer about anything from management. Policies are poorly communicated and they are always changing. You can ask three people the same question and each of them give you a different response, and seem indifferent about why they are giving the answer; they offer no explanation. The management is very distant and unaware of the actual culture which is dry, intimidated, or otherwise apathetic. Lots of overtime available, but overtime is expected when you move up in the company. You are required to communicate with your personal cell phone outside of work and may be provided with a laptop so you can monitor things inside the office, from your residence.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Lack of positive reinforcement, no dependability
nice co-workers
Road Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 15, 2016
great company but couldn't find permanent position. Busy call center especially in the Winter. My co-workers and sups were very nice. got to know a few people and network.
great place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTNovember 11, 2016
great place to work for. gives you different opportunities to get experience different places. great temp service located in putnam ct. kelly is great to go through.
Will get the bills paid, but you have to work for the money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 9, 2016
A typical day at work was being in an office environment with like 30-35 cubicles.

Management was okay, they showed employees appreciation by supplying periodic and patriotic food gatherings.

I learned to do something you enjoy doing or something that challenges you. I am a face to face people's person. Talking over a phone repeating the same lines all day gets boring, agitating and redundant.

The hardest part of the job was sitting in the same seat all day with the same calls knowing that the 30 minute lunch break is not enough. Your brain needs adequate amounts of relaxation after staring into a computer screen ,sitting all day, and meditating the same lines.

The hardest part of the job was going in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was really making a difference for somebody.
Pros
Right idea of high morale just channeling the idea the wrong way
Cons
Break needs to be extended, put people in different areas so they dont get bored with the job
hardest part
mentor (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTNovember 7, 2016
would not allow you to move up, could become a mentor and stay there. they provided free food often. Good pay, would not tell what issues needed to be worked on in order to move up
love it
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 6, 2016
very friendly staff. easy job computer skill .i had had alot of fun with customer were very friendly .overall experience there is amazing aaa is a really good company
great supervisor terrible management
Customer service representative receive 1 (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 3, 2016
The people that work here are great and there are a lot of people that vary in age, gender and ethnicity. The only thing about this job is they are always hiring because they are always firing. They are very strict when it comes to meeting your daily goals and especially when on the phone you have to stick to the script but always find a way to become personable. My supervisor was amazing shes was the best one there. She made sure you were ok at all times she made me a great customer service rep.
Pros
lunch area and holiday pay
Cons
not enough pay for the work done
Great Job
Tow Operator/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 3, 2016
Great benefits. Good Perks. Fun Environment. No one standing over your shoulder. You go to your calls and handle them in a timely fashion and you wont have any problems,
Pros
Sale Incentives, Great Environment
Cons
Work days may be long, but if you like money like me, you wont mind.
Horrible company to work for
Dispatcher/ Road Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 3, 2016
The management was horrible, the incentives are good and the coworkers were great. The management is had to please and there is a big turnover rate. someone is always quitting for getting fired.
Fun and very knowledgable work place. They take great care of their employees.
Cr- Ers (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTNovember 3, 2016
I loved working for AAA. I do think that management had a few loose ends that needed to be tied up but all in all, i learned alot and made life long friends.
Pros
Contests, Random Lunch Ins, Great teachers, positive atmosphere.
Cons
Lack of knowledge used in Hipchat, low staffed in management, not enough computers.
Maintenance work with AAA is a great experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2016
My reviews on AAA is that I don't like that the company is out of state I have never met any of my supervisors or whoever is in charge they al make promises they can not keep

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.