AAA

AAA Employer Reviews

challenging, fun environment never boring
Personal tutor in classroom setting (Former Employee), Baltimore MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: reinforce skills i don't use everyday
Cons: work as needed not a stable paycheck
I was a students personal tutor. My job was to reinforce what the teacher taught to the student. I was responsible for keeping the student to task in the classroom and developing a plan to help improve the students grades. I was in-charge of removing the student if I noticed him or her getting upset or potential violent. I would talk about strategies – more... and ways of dealing with feeling. A typical day I would follow my students to class take notes and copy what the student wanted to say on their assignment forbatium. I would help students with intellectual and behavior disabilities. The hardest part was assess each child and developing a plan to assist that child. Most enjoyable was when the child graduated to high school with skills and a plan to help them in life and school. – less
not real good
Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
bad hours no advancement. bad equipment. not real good pay .no benifits.
great benifits
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great management
Dispatching calls. The management was the best to work with. helping people.
Glad to have a job, but it's not for me.
TRAVEL AGENT (Current Employee), AAA Texas Fort Worth, TexasJuly 2, 2014
During a typical day at work, I am pulled between what sometimes feels like 100 different tasks. I love multitasking, but it seems that there is too much to do. Between keeping up with quotes, answering the phone for new business, helping the clients in the lobby, email marketing, mail outs, cold calls, cold call, and email marketing follow ups, it's – more... a lot. We also have pointless "meetings" every Monday 15 minutes before the office opens. These normal consist of the manager talking about what she did over the weekend, and hysterical laughing coming from her end. Nothing is celebrated, and only the lack of revenue is what the meeting is about...once the laughing stops. The office is very dysfunctional, and working here has made me struggle emotionally, and mentally. The manager's demeanor is very condescending, and nothing is ever enough for her. You feel like you're 5 when she speaks to you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the dysfunction that happens throughout the day. The best part about my job is that I get to help wonderful people with their travel plans. – less
Company tries on too many hats
Travel Agent/Travel Store Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great travel benefits
Cons: company became obsessed with how much money they can obtain from each person who came in
At first this was a wonderful company to work, great colleagues, great work enviroment, great benefits but company quickly changed and once employees got to a longevity status would be let go for various reasons so they can hire someone else at lower wages.

Company no longer focuses on the customer and their travel needs but how much money they can – more... obtain from each person who walks in door. Forced to present/sale customers that would not benefit their needs for what they came in for. Especially in car care division. Staff told to "find something wrong" and present to customer, then "find something else wrong".

Company pratice deception to customers to get more money. Workplace became hostile and very gossip filled. Which hurt employees and their moral – less
Great company to work for
Business Analyst / Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJune 24, 2014
Great company with a product that is superior in its field of insurance. Provides top quality to its employees and customers on a daily basis.
challenging place to work
Tow Truck Operator (Current Employee), Landover, MDJune 22, 2014
Pros: benefit
very good place to work love the challenges and helping the members each day
friendly enviroment
POLICY SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), IRVING TEXASJune 20, 2014
Pros: parking garage
Cons: no flexiable schedule
I have learned a lot working at my current job AAA insurance. The best part of my day is my co-workers, everyone is friendly and make you want to come to work everyday.
I enjoyed the working conditions.
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: great place to work at.
Cons: didn't get the o[[ortunity to advance within the company.
In day to day I became part of the culture at AAA. In the changing Insurance world I was part of new efforts in stream lining operations for efficiency and pilot program implementation.
Busy & high stress
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJune 15, 2014
A typical day at work was multitasking with email/phone to conclude total loss claims for customers. receive new assignments, verify vehicle and personal information. compare received value with photos for verification. present information to customer via phone or email. handle any discrepancies or complaints. issue checks to lien holders and/or registered – more... owners. process DMV paperwork to transfer vehicles out of customer name.

management was reasonable, allowed independent work while checking up internally to ensure regulations met. coworkers often caught up in stress. hardest part of job was juggling follow up with high volume new incoming claims. most enjoyable part of job was getting to help people and being acknowledged by the customer. – less
Constantly changing work place
Field Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits and time off
Cons: lack of unified leadership
It's a constantly changing work place that I have enjoyed. There have been power struggles in the upper management and it is having an impact at all levels of business.
I have enjoyed the development and education opportunities.
Call center based office environment
Claim Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 11, 2014
-A typical day at work consisted of a review of the claims received from the prior business day to current business day.
-Inbound phone calls were routed to our unit to assist with customer inquiries, conflict resolution, and to handle other various customer needs.
-Outbound calls were made to follow up on given claim assignments. This contact with – more... the customer was to verify details of loss, provide next steps, ensure accuracy, and set expectations about the claims process from the beginning to settlement.
-AAA provided me with a depth of understanding of the auto policy in Michigan as well as 11 other mid-western states. I learned to apply this policy to a wide variety of circumstances to guarantee adhesion to company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
-Management empowered us to problem solve much on our own and to use our best judgment. This opportunity helped to make me more independent minded and to seek solutions on my own before having to reach out to management.
-The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the workload. This was an hourly job as opposed to salaried. The set schedule atmosphere at times was more than enough to complete given tasks; and at other times was insufficient. In my opinion, a slightly more flexible system of hours worked would have helped to even out these two extremes.
-The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning something new when a unique situation arrived for the first time. I enjoyed analyzing a given situation, relating this to a particular section of the insurance policy, and feeling confident in this newly acquired knowledge. – less
Hard working work place
Dispatcher, Customer services (Former Employee), Holland MIJune 10, 2014
Walk in to work and load up my computer and turn on my head set and start revising phone calls, I learn to handle customer problems and how to talk to them when they are yelling on the phone. After so long you learn how to manage the high call volume. Co-workers were never a problem yes there were some that every work day was a bad day but after a while – more... you learn how to work around there bad days. The hardest part of my work place was people are on the phone not leaving to talk to explain to them how we were going to help them. – less
Fun and easy going.
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Lincoln, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: laid back
Come in and make phone calls for 4 hours, and set leads for a sales rep to run an appointment, and sell that appointment.
I honestly most likely shouldn't have left there.
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 4, 2014
I really enjoyed the work and the people i worked with. The management left a bit to be desired.
Productive Workplace with great opportunities to help customers and earn additional income
Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity to help people in difficult circimstances
A typical day at work usually involves handling 80-100 calls days.with a variety of calls. Those calls involve Vwhicle breakdown, lockouts, tire changes, and car rental reservations.

I have learned to be a better listener and demonstrate patience so i can actively meet customer expectations.

My supervisor has taught me about having a postive attitude – more... even during the most difficlult days. My co workers are an essential part of life at work also as they are teaching me the value of teamwork and I often consult with them on management on handling difficult problem calls.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult problem calls that I are not easily resolved. During those times I find that by demonstrating an active interest in our members needs and using available resource at my job I usually find a solution.

The most enjoyable part job is the opportunity to help customers every day with benefits they truly need – less
Great palce to work
AutoCare Agent (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 3, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, 401-k, overtime, continuous bonuses
Cons: expensive healthcare, point system
AAA has provided me with excellent customer service skills, data entry, account management skills, accuracy within documents, and documentation skills. I have learned a great deal by working with this company.
High level of stress
Claims Service Representative I (Current Employee), ST. LOUIS, MOMay 30, 2014
Must time manage to succeed
High volume of claims makes it impossible to complete all work in one day.
Staying late every day happens often
Working in emergency road servivce was extremly a stressful position.
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 28, 2014
Pros: good atmoshere
Cons: open 24/7 and you will work untraditional hours even on holidays.
Although I have learned a lot as a customer advocate in emergency road service at AAA. I have also learned that a job with that amount of stress is not for me.
n/a
Dispatcher I (Current Employee), providence, riMay 25, 2014
I just started. So far it has been great and the culture is amazing.

1 2 3 4 5