AAA Employee Reviews in United States

Really Great Work Environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced from the moment you walk in the door until the time you leave. When your a part of this company you feel like your part of a family. You share experiences with your peers and the management staff as well as learn from them.

Everyday is a challenge. You deal with difficult people and situations very regularly, the up side to that is you learn from them and when you do the right thing for the customer as well as the company you feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Outstanding work environment
Cons
Not enough room for growth
Good Place to work- Friendly employees
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 3, 2016
General Purchasing Purchase Supplies, Maintenance, Construction, Supplier Plant Tours, Assist all Administrative and District Employees in Purchasing needs for the office.
I learned how all departments were operated
(Administrative and District Offices.)

Management was very helpful with problems when questions were needed for answers.

The co-workers were very friendly and helped out as requested from a specific Buyer in their own area of Purchasing
Pros
Goodf friendly relationship with all department employees.
Cons
Some assignments and research needed more time to complete.
Day to day new opportunity to encounter guests
Valet (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 18, 2016
I enjoy working as a valet because it allows me to be the first and last encounter for guest which is extremely important. I have the opportunity to chat briefly about their plans so I can offer advice and direction about attractions around town. When guest depart I get to wish them safe travels and an invitation to return! Management tries to have shifts covered with the right persons. The most enjoyable part of job is there is usually always something to do.
Pros
ability to speak with guest first and last person they see
Great co-workers there, but the department I worked in should not have been so consolidated. Supervisors and managers were stretched too thin.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 10, 2016
High paced environment, worked with many good people there and compensation was competitive. Work load was heavier than could realistically be handled the the agents and management. The department would have ran more smoothly if it were divided into smaller sections.
Pros
Warm and inviting facility
Cons
high turn over rate
Great environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 7, 2016
I answered the phone calls of AAA customers in need of assistance, then located their location using google maps and sent assistance.
I learned how to navigate maps better. I also acquired faster typing.
The supervisors were all very helpful and quick to respond.
All co-workers would try help you out no matter how simple or difficult a problem.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long commute
High stress/no life balance
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 2, 2016
Constantly making outbound calls trying to get new business.
Co-workers are very supportive and work well together.
Working long hours, including Saturdays and some Sundays to make auto/home goal.
There is no work/life balance.
I enjoy the AAA members and interacting with them on a daily basis to make sure everything they need is taken care of.
Pros
Great co-workers, benefits, and pay.
Cons
Worklife balance is not where it needs to be. Short lunches and no breaks.
Great place to gain skills.
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
I learned valuable skills required for an office setting. How to manage clients and accounts. Keeping proper documentation.
The other agents were always helpful and friendly.

The best part was helping clients find solutions that worked for them. The clients were grateful and made you feel valuable.

The unfriendliest parts were the demanding hours and strict vacation use limitations.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Restrictive hours and vacation availability.
Antiquated, great compensation and fun place to work.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2016
Typical day at was fast pace due to the industry market. I leaned that a AAA member took pride in their membership and were proud to be a member of AAA. Management was antiquated, not open to new ideas. However, tenured with the organization which explained the leaderships complacent behavior. The hardest part of the job was to turn down a customer with the intent to purchase an insurance policy and we had the better rate. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i got paid! The compensation was awesome!.
decent
Cooper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2016
At one point this was the LTL company to work for. They lost a large account and laid off several people including myself. You would made great money at the time. You get all the hour's you want even if you don't. If you call out or schedule a day off. You'll regret it later on they make sure of that. Your home life will suffer because you won't be home.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No home time, they work you like a machine.
Feel like you're a robot
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 24, 2016
There is no room for you to be yourself on the phone. You have to read the same script 80-120 times a day. The management is unprofessional and cares less about customer service and more about you just getting through each call quickly. There is no room for advancement. If you are absent 6 times in a year, you are terminated. They do not accept hospital or doctor notes. For that reason, everyone gets sick constantly. The desks are not assigned, so the germs are spread. The desks are not cleaned routinely and sometimes you will find ants crawling around on them. If you care more about making money and are willing to be miserable in the process, then this is the job for you. Otherwise, find something else.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
short lunches, punished if calls run into your break times, terrible management
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLApril 19, 2016
This is an excellent company with great employees.
The company has excellent training programs to ensure the job is done the correct way. The management seems to genuinely care about the staff. There reaches a point in the job where there is no longer a new challenge or a new skill to learn. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing you serve a purpose of helping people with needs and make sure the customer is satisfied.
Pros
Professional work environment with
Cons
No benefits, low pay, little opportunity to grow and advance
Everyday is a different and exciting day, meeting different people and different situations.
Quick Towing AAA Driver (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 10, 2016
My shift is from 1900 to 0530 M-F, so that means my shift starts during rush hr in the East bay of No, Cal, so its busy once I log on to the 3A tablet in the truck. There are many different types of 3A calls from tire changes to locked car keys in there car to CHP accident calls on the highway, what I've learned in the field is that just as long as the first initial contact with the 3A member is to give them assurance that they are in good hands. The hardest part of the job is when there is a miss communication between the 3A mbr and the first contact in the call center.The real satisfaction is after helping out the 3A mbr and the job is complete they give you a $20.00 tip.
Pros
$10.00 and over in tips
Cons
no benefits, short breaks, no holiday pay
The Best Company Ever!!!
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2016
I absolutely love this company. The trainer was so involved with the class. The training materials were very easy to understand. The environment at work was always a fun experience. Providing the best help a person can get always. They strive to please every single customer. I excelled very fast there and I loved every single day I worked there.
Filthy working conditions
ERS Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLApril 13, 2016
Truly the most deflating job I have ever worked at in my life. The desks, carpets, chairs are all filthy. Only in the ERS department though, if you walk through sales (which you need to pass every time you go to the ERS department) its like night and day. Management is non existent and unless your a man or Hispanic: you don't exist.
Pros
ability to work part time
Cons
short breaks, lunches, dirty working conditions
productive work place with opportunity to grow
Hertz Emergency Roadside Agent (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLApril 4, 2016
Working at AAA was a great experience. The day went by quickly as we answered calls regarding rental car issues and dispatching service. I learned more about cars working for AAA. Co-workers were helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was not knowing a customers exact location or not having a reasonable solution for their car issue. The enjoyable part of the job is setting up service through vendors.
Pros
benefits, overtime
Cons
shift change quaterly based on rating
best place I ever worked
Manager, Road Service Communications (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJune 26, 2016
AAA is a very unusual employer. The company is not-for-profit and has no stockholders, so it operates like a government entity but is technically an association of auto clubs. It's very conservative,slow to react but cash rich. A lot of the top management are well meaning but ill equipped. National Office work environment is outstanding but AAA independent clubs vary. Compensation is good for this day and age. Benefits are good too. Better pay and benefits come with tenure. Be prepared to continue education if you want to advance and don't talk out of school. A lot of people that come from outside companies find AAA's culture a difficult adjustment. Overall, I enjoyed my years there and recommend it highly.
Pros
Culture, pay, benefits, good work vs. leisure time balance
Cons
slow career advancement, retirement plan, poor managers
Great company to learn about the automotive travel/roadside industry
Emergency Roadside Service Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 3, 2016
Every day at AAA is a learning experience. It's not just the vast knowledge of mapping systems or software that they keep you updated with it's also the vast experience of customer service that occurs every day. I will use the wonderful knowledge and experiences I have received from AAA in my future work and personal life.

I am currently looking to get back into what my degree is in, the Administrative area, this is the reason I am looking to leave AAA.
Pros
Great diversity of people
Cons
Never closes
hostile place to work very micro managed to much pressure on agents.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Branch, TXApril 11, 2016
Travel agents have a lot of pressure put on them , to many goals ,
conference calls , reports and invoicing that have to be done everyday. No matter how well you do they always want more.
Never a pat on the back always breaking you down because your not doing more. Last minute conference calls after work.
No respect for employee's personal time off.
Nice workplace
Call Receiver (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 3, 2016
I loved this workplace just looking for better pay and wasnt going to be able to get it here.

Managers you never really saw them and you didnt get much training.
I excelled because of the my customer service skills im a very upbeat person
Co workers were great very friendly enviroment
Hardest part was when id have a custmore lost and and trying to locate them
good place to work for.
Assist other call receivers (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87109May 3, 2016
Working for AAA ERS was a good experience. Good place to work if you like helping people when they are in need. You answer calls from AAA members and send it to tow truck drivers who go and help them with what ever is needed. Hardest part of the job is when the members you are helping do not know what mile marker, exit, or city they just passed.