AAA

AAA Employer Reviews

it was a great job
Member Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Wheaton, MDJanuary 26, 2015
....with a small staff ..... you did not feel micromanaged...... Just do what was expected. Unfortunately they reorginized and I was the first to go.
Employer that strives to grow it enterprise and their employees.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas NevadaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: many opportunities across the states.
Cons: change of health care.
I worked at AAA for almost 16 years. Most of their employees range from 5 to 40 years of employments. You have the opportunity to grow in positions and move to other business centers across the states. There are many opportunities within the organization that challenge any career or goals. The culture is healthy. But ever so changing due to the companies growth spurts.
Positive and efficient workplace.
Sales Service Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: corporate workplace, micro management
AAA really takes pride in providing a great work environment for the employee's. Working in a brand new office with an entire mechanic shop attached is a unique experience. Our main goal as an office is to establish ourselves, numbers need to be made. While every other office has been around a while. We need to show we can coexist well with one another and progress our office to a stand point. The general manager is always working on how we can improve the office and be the best in our region. Providing the best customer service, keeping the office as neat and tidy as possible. Being organized and maintaining a reputation.
Good pay, long hours, horrible city to be in
Catastrophe Claims Rep (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay, no micromanagement
Cons: location, hours, lack of flexibility in scheduling
12 hour days, management rarely involved. Hardly any days off. Very good for a few months. great lunch room, and facility. overall isn't too bad of an assignment to do for a few months. If you contract there is no benefits, but that is an industry standard.
AAA is a great place to work
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2015
I learned a lot of new things while working at AAA. I liked the fact that we had large cubicles. I also liked the fact that we worked independently, I always felt like I was running my own Travel Agency. Lunches were often catered. There were a lot of benefits as well.
Adequate call center
Roadside Assistance Call Taker & Member Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, Co.January 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
The best part of the job is truly helping others & feeling like you made a difference. Each day is interesting & fulfilling by the quality of the work I provide. The atmosphere though is one of discouragement, poor communication, poor management, & very little collaborative team work, or fun inclusive activities that promote a happy environment. I've learned a lot about the state of Colorado, about how to diffuse upset members, & how to access several computer screens at once.
GREAT PLACE TO LEARN INSURANCE
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: a lot of overtime, advance opportunity
Flexible schedule, friendly co-workers. Call center, training was fast. A lot of room for advancement. Good incentive plan. Large company great benefits. A lot of overtime offered. Management helps you advance in the line of work you are in.
Office environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Saint LouisJanuary 11, 2015
Busy, 8 hour workday. Benefits, vacation time, sick time, etc.
Productive And Time Consuming
Road Service Call Counselor (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 7, 2015
Working for AAA:

The environment was quiet and I was able to multitask a little bit - depending on the cue. Aside from that, I enjoyed having some space to myself to work but still be with co-workers.
Branch Specialist/Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Garland, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great managers, continous training
Cons: some goals are set extremely high
Extremely busy in the summer months, great co-workers, support from managers is wonderful. I have learned the true meaning of team work.
Nice place to grow
Insurance Servicing (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2015
it was a very enjoyable job and also a great place to grow i was just forced to move under difficult circumstances
Probably depends on the department
Dispatch Specialist/ETA Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: awesome cafe, monthly parties, benefits and perks
Cons: supervisors, training, work-life balance
I worked as an Emergency Roadside Assistance Counselor. I loved my coworkers, they were all very supportive. For the most part, supervisors were very nice. Not very knowledgable. They fire and hire on a whim. Always pressuring you into overtime. Set unrealistic standards as far as schedule adherence. They give you a new schedule to adhere to everyday. If you're late taking a break, going to lunch, etc, it counts against you even though you can't control the length of the call you're on. Monthly parties are fun. They decorate your cube for your birthday. Job it's self is pretty stressfull.

I also working as a Dispatcher. I liked the job, what I knew how to do. I did not recieve enough training and was just thrown into the job. I heard from other dispatcher's that that was normal. No one receieved full training. The supervisors in that department were not the nicest. They always acted bothered by your questions, even though they don't want to fully train you. I did make a lot of money in that position, but my coworkers were petty and mean. Felt like high school. Mixed with the extrememly stressful and fast paced job that I didn't know how to do, the $16/hr wasn't worth it. I left.

Also, since this is an emergency operation, they expect you to be at work during tsunamis and volcano erruptions. They even give you this little paper certificate that excuses you being on the roads during a state of emergency, even though it doesn't really stand up to a police officer. But don't worry, they'll pay for a hotel so you never have to go home, and they'll pay for you traffic ticket as well.
Excellent company to work for
Insurance adjuster (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: a company with a postive past and future
Cons: attrition
AAA is a remarkable company with a history of people staying with the company a lifetime.
Excellent training and caring company.
Good and strong company to work and be a part of.
DMV Specialist 2 (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: solid company that will be around for a long time.
Cons: ways i have been treated my by manager, management really needs to work better with their employees to achieve goals.
I was trained in DMV 1, 2, and 3 simple and very complex DMV transactions which include transfers, out of state transfers, ordering plates and assigning them. I have knowledge of ordering and the process of assigning inventory and distributing inventory. I helped members in getting registration tags while also giving amazing customer service, getting great surveys, and cross selling insurance, travel and member products. I was in charge of writing and processing commission checks for our international travel agents and domestic agents as well. I have a very strong understanding of all our insurance products and life insurance products and the many benefits AAA offers to its members and how they can save money. I have worked with all Microsoft programs on a day to day basis especially during days where there has been a high volume of customers in our store
Great Workplace.
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), TampaJanuary 4, 2015
It is a great place to learn about Insurance business.

The company has different departments including Products, Claims, Under Writing, IT, Accounting and Customer Service.
Fast paced customer service environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: speaking with members from all over the states with differenct backgrounds.
Cons: job advancement was far and in between.
My position at AAA was a fast paced inbound customer service position where I answered inbound emergency road service request calls. Not only did this position sharpen my communication skills but it also allowed me to use my critical thinking skills. Members would call in frantic, upset and unsure of there options for service.

I had the ability to communicate with them on a level of calm and cool. I helped them troubleshoot automobile issues and offered them optional resources as it pertained to getting the most out of their membership benefits.
Great Experience and fun place to work at
Director of Accounting (Former Employee), Frisco, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay for meals
Great people to work with.
Learned a tone fun company. The hardest part of this job is to try to make every guest happy.
Dispatch
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYDecember 29, 2014
Took member calls needing RSA, retained all necessary info and assisted with locations, Dispatched info to stations for members service.
Over Work and little safety equipment provided
Tow Truck Driver-Emergency Roadside Technician (Former Employee), Elyria, OhioDecember 28, 2014
They would work you 14 -15 hours over, well beyond the limits to safely do your job. The safety equipment provided was sparse and in operable.
very serious, helpful and much needed work place
customer service representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 26, 2014
Pros: peaceful environment
Cons: mandatory overtime
answering phones, listening to member problems, assist with accurate help. I've learned that we are truly the next step down from 911 regarding helping far as emergencies are concerned. co workers are warm and empathic to members situations. The hardest part of my job is when the weather is terrible and someone calls needing assistance, only to find out they no longer have a membership and no money, we aren't able to assist that person. I have to deliver the bad news to them. most enjoyable part is when someone calls and I'm able to get service out to them within 30mins or less.

1 2 3 4 5