AAA Employee Reviews

Not worth your time to apply.
Emergency Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 3, 2015
AAA in Omaha was a poor experience. They treat you like a number in a database. The training is just the same week repeated for 4. I never met any management until I was on the floor and even then I met my own manager briefly. They give very little wiggle room for new employees. Your stats must be good quickly.

They hire through a temp staffing company. Which might be great for them but for you it means very poor benefits. And a nice little badge that says NON-EMPLOYEE to make you feel like less of an important member of the staff.

AAA boasts a lunch room with no fridge and no microwaves. They lauded their broken air-hockey table as a benefit.

Companies in the area with similar job descriptions offer better benefits, schedules, atmosphere, pay, and amenities. AAA reminds me of a poor man's PayPal. A very poor man's PayPal.
Pros
Airconditioning
Inbound call center Travel Agent
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2015
Answered incoming calls and assist members with planning their dream vacation. Horrible pay and poor management practices.
Challenging work but great company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Mid-AtlanticJuly 31, 2015
I am a sales person in the field. I work from home, but have several corporate offices and CCIT's in my territory that I can utilize. The interview process was lengthy and involved several levels, but it made me proud to be selected. The company culture is amazingly positive and they do everything possible to make employees feel welcome and appreciated. The jobs are not easy. My job is commission based sales and I need to perform to be paid. However, they supply all the training, resources, and support that I need. It is up to me to make it work. There are LOTS of long term employees here. People love their jobs and the company.
Pros
Company training and support - positive company culture
Cons
Commission based sales job
Great envirnment to learn
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, Fl 33607July 30, 2015
I enjoy learning new and growing technology. An I3 is being installed for the call centers. I am partial to the Avaya shop. I3 is interesting, but very expensive.
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
Parent company absorbing current jobs
n/a
Insurance Specialist I (Former Employee) –  L.AJuly 23, 2015
Very good environment to work. It is definitely a good company to work for. I learned a lot about insurance. The hardest part is nothing if you love talking to people on the phone you will be great at job.
Fun Place to work but very Busy and loud
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2015
My day was very Busy at the points that i was in charge of. Didnt have time for much interpersonal with co-workers but everyone was very nice . I loved Dispatching to people in need and hope I get a chance to again
Rewarding and Educational
Sales Operation's Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 17, 2015
My 16 years at AAA have been filled with education, advancements and rewards. At this stage of my life myself and my husband are considering relocation. If possible I will stay within the AAA family, if unable I will bring a substantial amount of knowledge and professionalism to any employer.
Enjoyable workplace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 16, 2015
A great compensation and bonus program that keeps you motivated and energized all day every day. co-workers and management share same vision and make the environment exciting and enjoyable. Feels like fun when in reality it's a very fast pace, hard working, intense workplace.
Pros
great benefits and compensation plan
A Pretty Straight Forward Job
-Basic responsibilities
-Expectations Clearly Outlined
-Lots of Customer Service Skills to be Gained
-Calm Work Environment
Pros
Overtime Opportunities
Cons
Low Pay
Very Easy Going, Great Management
ROAD ASSISTANCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 15, 2015
Company cares about the member and their opinions and views. Always looking to improve. Great place to work, can be extremely busy at times.
Caring Staff
Personal Care worker (Current Employee) –  AuroraJuly 13, 2015
You can make your own schedule work as little or as much as you like. Reliable office support and training. Meeting and caring for new people
Pros
Free work supplies
Cons
Loosing clients you like
ok company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2015
The call center is 24/7. so that means you will have to work in the "graveyard" shifts. Its easy peasy. recommend that if you are straight out of high school or do not have children. this is the place for you b/c the mney is good. but the hours suck.
see below
Owner and service manager for two AAA repair shops (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 10, 2015
Supervise and fulfill duties as a liaison between customers and technicians.

How to keep up with diagnostic technology in today's modern vehicles.

Over the past 20 years I have supervised over 15 managers and 50 technicians.

I worked well with most all of my co-workers. Most of them I hired were stable and married with children.

Firing people. But, I always did it if I had to.

Having a busy productive and profitable week.
Pros
I did provide free lunches many times. I am also a chef and own a catering company.
Cons
Definitely healthcare.
excellent place to work
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2015
you practically made your own hours and over time was encouraged. the only thing is if you don ttalking on the phone or have bad hearing this isnt the job you want.
Licensed Insurance Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2015
The management is much less intense than the policy management depart of AAA. The work load is less demanding. I did learn work ethic with this department as well.
Pros
Lighter work load
Cons
Not enough challenge
Good money, very stressful
Gerald Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 6, 2015
Good Money, but is very stressful specially if you have a family , not a problem if you are single. Other than that company is very well set. NO TRAINING available.
Great place to work but very strict
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 30, 2015
Extremely tight on letting you take a day off and there is absolutely no room for being late. Fun environment but even though they promise many promotional opportunities they don't truly offer those positions to the people who begin as customer service representatives.
Pros
fun
Cons
extremely strict
Call Center Representative
Call Counselor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 29, 2015
• Receives road service calls from members and prospective members; gathers required information in order to provide timely service, while providing members with Five Diamond Customer Service at all times.
• Ensures member's calls are dispatched promptly by adhering to department standards.
• Provides information to members on road service policies and procedures and explains the benefits of AAA membership to prospective members and sells primary and associate memberships as appropriate.
• Ensures that the member is aware of costs associated with all services provided. When appropriate advises the member of other AAA products and services such as mobile battery replacement and windshield repair.
• Takes action to deal with member's emotional state (e.g., calming down an angry member, providing reassurance to an anxious member, etc.), simultaneously gathering information necessary to dispatch service.
great paying
Roadside Assistance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mercerville, NJJune 23, 2015
company paid great benefits weren't good at the time im sure things have changed. Would recommend to others but no room for growth for first year
N/A
Senior Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Northern SuffolkJune 23, 2015
While I enjoy working for AAA I'm ready to leave the travel industry and move into a career that is not focused on sales. Also, during the busy season from Jan-March I'm required to work EVERY Saturday so I had hardly any time with my children.