AAA Employee Reviews

It was a good place to work. Everyone was friendly
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 7, 2015
When I worked there it was fast paced but fun. It felt like family. The most enjoyable part was being there just to see your co-workers. And everyone helped each other At the end of the day it was always something done that was funny. Management treated us fairly. They always gave us something for the Holidays.
Pros
alot of times we got free lunches brought in
Cons
During the holidays it would be extremely busy due to so many people traveling out of town.
Fun and productive work place
Stock & Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYDecember 2, 2015
It's a fun work place where you can learn a lot from. You meet new people who help you with everything. It's a team working job. Everyone is friendly and friends are made easily. The hardest part of the job is learning everything that can be done. The most enjoyable part would be just to be in the office and having fun with everyone
Corporate
insurance agent (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 27, 2015
The benefits are good and my co-workers are nice, but there is no team work with in the company its all individual based atmosphere. Its all about making money for the company
dispatch operator
Dispatch operator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 23, 2015
a non regular day, people calling in some dispared,when your stranded some were with children, comes the professionalism and human side to keep calm and get help, location t o where the people. i like because there was no big i and little u we all worked to gether, when couldnt find a cross street my teammate, quickly stepped in, no here rob there right under the pass at this exit
Pros
making friends along the way
Cons
ech call u really didnt no what to expect
Good job
Rertired AAA Emergency Service Technician (Former Employee) –  naples, floridaNovember 19, 2015
Good, got the pleasure of meeting wonderful people from all over the country. They were always happy to see me arrive to help them.
Pros
meet wonderful members
Cons
had to work in heat and rain
Established Organization
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
This was my fourth time working for AAA, I worked 3 stints in Heathrow Florida and the last location I worked was in Tampa Florida. They have many branches they support and they are a fast paced environment. I enjoyed my time at AAA.
AAA Review
DIGITAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 18, 2015
Digital marketing plays an integral role between the traditional marketing team and the e-business team. I am so thankful to work with a lot of smart and talented co-workers which makes my day more enjoyable.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Too much red tape
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Claims Adjuster/Total Loss Adjuster (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2015
THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR
I WAS LET GO AFTER 2 DAYS BEFORE MY 6 MONTH PROBATION PERIOD.
I HAD PERFECTS ON ALL MY WORK SCORES. WHEN ASKED MY MANAGER WHAT WAS WRONG ALL THEY COULD SAY WAS IT WASN'T A GOOD FIT
I WAS TRAINED FOR 1 HOUR ON HOW TO DO MY JOB AND THAT IS IT. I HAD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO EVERYTHING ON MY OWN WITHOUT MY MANAGERS HELP.
PLEASE TAKE IT FROM ME AND STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. THEY WANT YOU TO WORK OVER YOUR 8 HOURS EVERYDAY BUT WILL NOT PAY FOR OVERTIME. I WAS EVEN TOLD DON'T TAKE YOUR FULL 30 MINUTES FOR LUNCH BECAUSE THAT IS LOOKED DOWN UPON.
Pros
GREAT STAFF
Cons
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT, LONG DAYS
Excellent Company
Leisure Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 15, 2015
Provided excellent customer service to its members and non-members in booking travel, fixing autos, providing insurance and all around customer service.
Pros
Customer Service
Fun place to work at.
Dispatch Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 13, 2015
Nice people to work with. Never a dull day at AAA. Supportive management. Advancement opportunities. Fun place to work at.
Pros
Good pay
Great company
Subrogation Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 12, 2015
This was a great company to work at, hence the reason why i stayed so long. But when too many changes was incorporated and changes that did not improve claims process started taking places, turn over started rising. They became a company that care about the people to a company that just cared about numbers.
Very fast paced enjoyed my co-workers also
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZNovember 10, 2015
This company is a AAA road side service for RV's. You need to keep calm and not get upset when a customer yells at you. You need to remember that they are in a bad situation and are in need of immediate help.
Pros
Like a close knit family environment
Cons
short breaks
Great at first then down hill FAST! RUN AWAY!
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 7, 2015
Loved what I did and was great at it! I loved the other coworkers and we all got along great! Everything was going good until they tell you that you are ALMOST to the next teir of pay for commission. This is where my problem started happening. Your manager will step over you and steal your sales and take all the credit for things even when the manager didn't do it. The manager will bad mouth clients once they leave and expose confidential information. Lies to your face and trys to justify answers. Lately it got worse where manager would talk out loud behind your back and lie about it too. If manager thinks something is suspicious you will be blamed for it even if you didn't do anything. Goes behind you without asking you if you did it or not just assumes everything is your fault and you are lying. Yes I am mad! Want to let the next person know if you have a problem with manager best thing to do is quit because it won't stop. Manager gets everything they want and gets babied like no other. It's a loss battle since nothing will be done about it. Oh and also get ready to have to report EVERYTHING you say and do because they aren't just already watching you but they will blame you any chance they get to on the most stupidest thing! Whatever you do DONT take your cell phone to the bathroom because you will be blamed for texting other employees. Manager is VERY paranoid about everything. So if you want to work in a hostile place then this is the place for you. Enjoy!!
Pros
Learn a lot about traveling and the best ways to travel. Rewarded when meeting goals, possibility of free trips, meeting other people who come in and also meeting other employees from other offices.
Cons
Manager books the business and travel agents can't make commission, Management causes friction in the office, Vice President and HR DOES not back employee, Managers do not get written up for slandering employees.
fun coworkers, worked as a team
Customer Service-Dispatcher Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 4, 2015
answer member phone calls verify membership get break down location what was wrong claim them down if upset or scared dispatch tow trucks etc did trip planning travel arrangements
Pros
loved coworkers
Cons
not the best pay
great workplace atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLNovember 2, 2015
i loved they gave a ton of overtime and great benefits with pay. i answered high volume road side assistance calls. i usually was able to work anywhere from 50-70 hrs without any issues.
co workers
H. E. Road Service Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLNovember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with different backgrounds of my colleagues and learning different techniques of how to help customer during a emergency situation
good place to start out working.
lube technician, full time (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 27, 2015
Starting out everyone was helpful and pushed me to learn more. although it is hard to move up. the hours were good but the pay scale was not easy to understand and left some techs not making enough to cover bills.
Little to no work life balance made up only by rate of pay
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MOOctober 23, 2015
The advancement opportunities at AAA are plentiful if you dedicate yourself and show up to work every day, but unfortunately, that sometimes is not enough. Your entire bonus is based off of the member's perception of you, which is often skewed or flippant when they receive the surveys for service received and management only ever asks for more and does not recognize the service that you put in every single day.

Coworkers are incredible, but it cannot make up for the complete lack of work-life balance, constant begging for more hours, mandatory overtime and screaming, belligerent members 24 hours a day. Compensation is the only thing that makes this job worth working for.
Pros
pay, advancement opportunities, coworkers
Cons
work/life balance, management, bonus system, morale, no employee recognition, poor communication
CustomerService vs Employee Relations
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachOctober 20, 2015
They care a lot about the customer but ignore any issues that are brought up to management for employee to employee issues and disputes.
Fast paced work environment
Call Center / Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 18, 2015
Previous position at Auto Club Enterprises consisted of being on a high call volume line assisting people with Road Service assistance.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Wasn't enough available hours