AAA

AAA Employer Reviews

Branch Specialist/Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Garland, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great managers, continous training
Cons: some goals are set extremely high
Extremely busy in the summer months, great co-workers, support from managers is wonderful. I have learned the true meaning of team work.
Nice place to grow
Insurance Servicing (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2015
it was a very enjoyable job and also a great place to grow i was just forced to move under difficult circumstances
Probably depends on the department
Dispatch Specialist/ETA Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: awesome cafe, monthly parties, benefits and perks
Cons: supervisors, training, work-life balance
I worked as an Emergency Roadside Assistance Counselor. I loved my coworkers, they were all very supportive. For the most part, supervisors were very nice. Not very knowledgable. They fire and hire on a whim. Always pressuring you into overtime. Set unrealistic standards as far as schedule adherence. They give you a new schedule to adhere to everyday. If you're late taking a break, going to lunch, etc, it counts against you even though you can't control the length of the call you're on. Monthly parties are fun. They decorate your cube for your birthday. Job it's self is pretty stressfull.

I also working as a Dispatcher. I liked the job, what I knew how to do. I did not recieve enough training and was just thrown into the job. I heard from other dispatcher's that that was normal. No one receieved full training. The supervisors in that department were not the nicest. They always acted bothered by your questions, even though they don't want to fully train you. I did make a lot of money in that position, but my coworkers were petty and mean. Felt like high school. Mixed with the extrememly stressful and fast paced job that I didn't know how to do, the $16/hr wasn't worth it. I left.

Also, since this is an emergency operation, they expect you to be at work during tsunamis and volcano erruptions. They even give you this little paper certificate that excuses you being on the roads during a state of emergency, even though it doesn't really stand up to a police officer. But don't worry, they'll pay for a hotel so you never have to go home, and they'll pay for you traffic ticket as well.
Excellent company to work for
Insurance adjuster (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: a company with a postive past and future
Cons: attrition
AAA is a remarkable company with a history of people staying with the company a lifetime.
Excellent training and caring company.
Good and strong company to work and be a part of.
DMV Specialist 2 (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: solid company that will be around for a long time.
Cons: ways i have been treated my by manager, management really needs to work better with their employees to achieve goals.
I was trained in DMV 1, 2, and 3 simple and very complex DMV transactions which include transfers, out of state transfers, ordering plates and assigning them. I have knowledge of ordering and the process of assigning inventory and distributing inventory. I helped members in getting registration tags while also giving amazing customer service, getting great surveys, and cross selling insurance, travel and member products. I was in charge of writing and processing commission checks for our international travel agents and domestic agents as well. I have a very strong understanding of all our insurance products and life insurance products and the many benefits AAA offers to its members and how they can save money. I have worked with all Microsoft programs on a day to day basis especially during days where there has been a high volume of customers in our store
Great Workplace.
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), TampaJanuary 4, 2015
It is a great place to learn about Insurance business.

The company has different departments including Products, Claims, Under Writing, IT, Accounting and Customer Service.
Fast paced customer service environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: speaking with members from all over the states with differenct backgrounds.
Cons: job advancement was far and in between.
My position at AAA was a fast paced inbound customer service position where I answered inbound emergency road service request calls. Not only did this position sharpen my communication skills but it also allowed me to use my critical thinking skills. Members would call in frantic, upset and unsure of there options for service.

I had the ability to communicate with them on a level of calm and cool. I helped them troubleshoot automobile issues and offered them optional resources as it pertained to getting the most out of their membership benefits.
Great Experience and fun place to work at
Director of Accounting (Former Employee), Frisco, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay for meals
Great people to work with.
Learned a tone fun company. The hardest part of this job is to try to make every guest happy.
Dispatch
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYDecember 29, 2014
Took member calls needing RSA, retained all necessary info and assisted with locations, Dispatched info to stations for members service.
Over Work and little safety equipment provided
Tow Truck Driver-Emergency Roadside Technician (Former Employee), Elyria, OhioDecember 28, 2014
They would work you 14 -15 hours over, well beyond the limits to safely do your job. The safety equipment provided was sparse and in operable.
very serious, helpful and much needed work place
customer service representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 26, 2014
Pros: peaceful environment
Cons: mandatory overtime
answering phones, listening to member problems, assist with accurate help. I've learned that we are truly the next step down from 911 regarding helping far as emergencies are concerned. co workers are warm and empathic to members situations. The hardest part of my job is when the weather is terrible and someone calls needing assistance, only to find out they no longer have a membership and no money, we aren't able to assist that person. I have to deliver the bad news to them. most enjoyable part is when someone calls and I'm able to get service out to them within 30mins or less.
very productive place to work
Bldg. Engineer (Former Employee), Orange County CaliforniaDecember 26, 2014
Cons: healthcare
learned more about light bulbs
learned to manage a productive time schedule
i'm surrounded with nice people
all the Facilities manager's are very professional and i learned a lot working with them.
My co-workers are great team to work with
Great Job
Vehicle Recovery Expert (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, free towing.
Cons: long hours, hard work, had to deal with any weather.
Basically I was a Driver for a Triple A contracted company. We also would go to accidents to pick up the wrecked and damaged vehicles for the local police. It was usually a 11 hour work day and was enjoyable the whole time. I would still be doing that job if I had not moved out of California.
Productive and fun work place
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, PADecember 17, 2014
Met with customers & answered phones to help customers with their travel needs. Company has hard to meet sales goals.
Customer Interactions via walk in and phone
Summer Temp. Membership Representative (Current Employee), South Elgin, ILDecember 16, 2014
Create Trip Tiks, share products available and create an experience our customers will remember. Listening carefully to what the customer is looking for and provide them with everything they have asked for and more.
Support agents with calls, mailings and leads. Closeout the store and balance all inventory. Order brochures, books and maps to keep the stock available for our customer requests.
Create spreadsheets for Travel, Insurance agents and calendar for events and staffing.
Serving the interal and external customers to meet their needs.
Very fast paced, inbound claims call center
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 15, 2014
Ability to multitask is essential due to volume of emails, phone calls, and claims that come in. Managing police reports, previous insurance claims, researching accident scenes, and returning phone calls quickly are a typical day. Anywhere from 35-40 inbound calls per day, plus the same outbound to return calls or investigate accidents. Hardest part of the job is to remember to get all forms filed in time and time management.
a typical work day
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), heathrow, flDecember 12, 2014
take incoming calls for road side assistance
gave us more to do with no raise
Assist our members with travel
Service Manager (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIDecember 8, 2014
Pros: working with our members
I help many positions and had many duties in my 13 year tenure with AAA Michigan. I would be happy to discuss in person.
I worked in Alpena, Big Rapids, Grand Rapids and Traverse City with management in Big Rapids and Traverse City.

I oversaw 13 employees in 3 locations when I was job eliminated due to a failing economy.
Good workplace! No room to grow
Field Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2014
No room for advancement. All employees have been at this company for many years and starting as a new employee, it is difficult to work your way up through the company.
a good safe company.
Flagger (Former Employee), lehi, UTNovember 24, 2014
A fun working inviorment . Always safety minded, and overall a good company to work for.

AAA Salaries