AAA

AAA Employee Reviews

The AAA call center was an awesome place to work!
Dispatcher/Call Taker/Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 29, 2013
I loves working at AAA because the management team always tried their best to be respectful of the employees under them and always tried to be compassionate and empathize with everyone and every situation that they came across. The other employees were also always willing to help and train other employess if they were trying to move up or get promoted and learn new things. Everybody was always very supportive and positive. It was an overall great work experience and I made alot of very good friends there. I wish they were still there and didnt move out of state. I would definitely still be there if they were.
Pros
the salary was good and the management was great, they treated their employees with respect and compassion.
Cons
sometimes it felt like the lunches or breaks were too short, also sometimes trying to get a day off at the schedule computer was difficult, but its understandable if theres too many people trying to take the same days off.
Watch out for the managers
Tech (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 11, 2012
Worked in the automotive part of AAA as a tech. Poorly ran by the manager and upper manager. Luckily the lead tech knew how to run the shop when the manager screwed up. Both manager and upper manager had no idea how to run a shop or bring in new customer base. All the techs I worked with and other people in the insurance and travel section where friendly. Pay was okay but if anything went wrong, it was the techs that got stabbed in the back and we had to take the blame to save the managers neck even though not our fault. Quick turn over rate, many people hire and realize its a horrible shop and leave. Even though the managers were master techs, the managers showed no signs of leadership or ability to run the department. Other departments may be fine to work with but watch out for the unqualified manages at AAA CCIT.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
managers, stab you in the back quickly, no appreciation
Productive and very stressful work environment
Sales/Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
A typical day at work at AAA I would be speaking to customers in person, on the phone and via e-mail about insurance and membership with AAA.

I learned a lot about insurance as I was not very knowledgeable about insurance beforehand. I also learned more about how to deal with customers and customer issues.

Management there was not as good as my other jobs. Managers had to oversee quite a few offices so it was hard to communicate with them on a daily basis.

My co-workers were okay. I got along with all of them, but many of them had conflicts with each other.

The hardest part of the job was selling life insurance as many people don't see the value of purchasing life insurance from AAA.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and making a sale and then them coming back to me saying how easy I made it for them to purchase insurance through AAA.
intimidation not inspiration
call advocate / membership/ (Current Employee) –  omaha, neNovember 7, 2014
The customers are great. Helping people in need is very rewarding. Simple job and low pay. No job security. Worst managed company I have ever worked for.
Low pay. Employees are treated like servants. Breaks are shortened daily or even taken away. Manditory overtime becase of poor staffing planning. In the Omaha location 9 out of 10 people hired last less that 4 months.Busy days they bring you a slice of pizza to your desk and call it a lunch break. Management is virtually worthless. Friends promote friends regardless of abilities. They will write you up for missing work a single day even if it is to take your spouse or child to the hospital. Looking for a good job? Keep moving nothing for you here.
Pros
helping people
Cons
everything but the fellow servants
challenging, adventurous,and fun
License and Title Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PASeptember 12, 2013
There are no typical days, every one is an adventure...seldom boring!
I have gained knowledge of the the laws and rules pertaining to the PA DMV. I have become comfortable with PA Notary work and requirements.I have gained knowledge in the travel industry.Experience with office procedures and equipment.I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge and learn something new everyday. Mostly I have learned that AAA offers more than I ever realized and that many people do not know all the benefits available through AAA membership. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I have the opportunity to meet and the people I connect with that I have not seen in many years. The hardest part of the job is doing many totally different types of jobs back to back and learning all the different types of systems used to perform them.
Pros
discounts and free admissions, generous paid time off, good benefits
Cons
frequent six day work weeks
Productive, educational, professional company
Policy Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 1, 2013
I work in the policy management group department of the Automobile Club of Southern California Administrative Office, taking around 50-100 phone calls per day in a fast-paced call center. I assist our insured's with their policies, billing and numerous other products we offer exclusively to our members. I have learned the in's and out's of insurance and all of the guidelines that are set forth by AAA itself and the Department of Insurance. I have amazing co-workers that I am blessed to have met. The most challenging part of my job is coming across situations with insured's policies that myself and upper management have never seen before, but it's also the most enjoyable part because I learn something new when we put our heads together and figure out a solution to resolve even the toughest issues.
Fast Growing Company
Emergency Road Service Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 7, 2014
This Call Center for AAA where I worked for no longer exists. It closed on April 16, 2014 and my job was eliminated. Since AAA still exists, I am still filling out the Overall rating. AAA is a federation made of up different AAA Clubs throughout the USA, Canada and Mexico. The AAA I had worked for was previously known as AAA Auto Club South, then, shortly before my job was eliminated, it had merged with AAA Michigan. AAA Michigan still exists, there is just no longer a Call Center in St. Petersburg, FL. where I had worked. Although I was with AAA for many years, I only worked for AAA MI for about 8 months at the end of my tenure with AAA.
Pros
there is an incentive bonus program
Cons
inaccurate information, given to us, when a merger occurred, we were told our jobs would not be eliminated and they were.
FUN PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK
OWNER/SELF-EMPLOYED (Former Employee) –  FAYETTEVILLE, ARSeptember 16, 2015
I WORKED FOR AAA HOUSEKEEPING FOR 11 YEARS AND I LOVED THE JOB. THE ONLY REASON FOR EXITING WAS THAT THE DEMAND FOR RESIDENTIAL CLEANING IS DOWN AT THIS TIME. I DID NEW CLIENT INTAKES AND PAYROLL AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN. NOT ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS BUT HOW YOU PERSONALLY GROW AND DEVELOP. DECENT AMOUNT OF RED TAPE AND POLITICS, BUT THIS IS EXPECTED IN A PLACE LIKE FAYETTEVILLE. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS WORKING ALONGSIDE MY COLLEAGUES AND LEARNING FROM THEM. THE OFFICE STARTED TO GET CROWDED AS THE COMPANY GREW AND IT WAS MORE DIFFICULT TO GET TO KNOW THE NEW PEOPLE FOR SOME BUT I ALWAYS PUSHED IT. THERE WAS A LOT OF VARIETY IN WHAT I DID EACH DAY, RANGING FROM THE MONOTONOUS TASKS TO NEW PROJECTS THAT WERE CHALLENGING AND EXCITING.
Pros
I OWNED IT
Cons
I OWNED IT
While on P's and Q's it's a great place to work
Auto Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCSeptember 14, 2013
On a typical day I was paid to sit and talk on the phone all day. I learned patience and not any two people are alike. Management is on managements side whether they are right or wrong. Co-works are alright with the obvious clicks, The hardest part of the job was having to sit and be totally complacent while being berated by members for something the member did or misheard for fear if you say the wrong thing or the member says you said the wrong thing or had an attitude, you could and/or would be fired. The best thing was your co-workers.
Pros
free basic membership and discounted plus and premier memberships for you and family
Cons
at a moments notice, you could go from the top to the unemployment line while management does what they want
Just another day at AAA
Chicago Call Management (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 27, 2013
A typical day at AAA is basically, there is to be no availability at all, so we must constantly make outgoing calls. If we are available for over 2 minutes, then we will be placed in call receiving, where we have to take incoming calls, and have to go by a script where we are graded on. The management is always changing routines or procedures, to what they see fit, but they really don't know how it effects all of us, since we are the ones that are actually performing the tasks at hand. My coworkers are great people to work with, they make the day go by as pleasant as possible. The hardest part of the job is actually making those outgoing calls every 2 minutes for an 8 hour shift.
Pros
getting a pay check
Cons
not a lot of flexible schedules
Worked for the Autosolve Department
Autosolve Manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLSeptember 3, 2015
What a great opportunity I had dealing with customers who filed lemon law complaints. I was extremely happy to see information from the first complaint all the way to the end. I was in charge of either accepting the Lemon Law application based on a strict set of criteria. I also participated in the site inspection and the final decisions whether the consumer got their car bought back or no they would not. I was in charge of the case from beginning to end and kept all the people in the loop from consumer to our inspectors to the dealerships they met at. I enjoyed helping the consumers that really had some bad problems. I thoroughly loved working through the process and keeping the details until the end. Fantastic!!
Pros
Fun and Challenging
Cons
The cases could take more time than I wanted
Company tries on too many hats
Travel Agent/Travel Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
At first this was a wonderful company to work, great colleagues, great work enviroment, great benefits but company quickly changed and once employees got to a longevity status would be let go for various reasons so they can hire someone else at lower wages.

Company no longer focuses on the customer and their travel needs but how much money they can obtain from each person who walks in door. Forced to present/sale customers that would not benefit their needs for what they came in for. Especially in car care division. Staff told to "find something wrong" and present to customer, then "find something else wrong".

Company pratice deception to customers to get more money. Workplace became hostile and very gossip filled. Which hurt employees and their moral
Pros
great travel benefits
Cons
company became obsessed with how much money they can obtain from each person who came in
Productive place to work w/room for advancement
Vacation Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 24, 2013
Nice company to work for,in addition to the well-known brand name, the relationships w/the members as well as the co-workers and management were some of the best i have ever encountered.
In working for the travel department,forced me to lbrush upn my georgraphy,expanded my knowledge of what a AAA membership includes in regards to discounts on hotels,cruises and vacation packages to Hawaii,Tahiti and Europe. Hardest part of the job is explaining airfare rates change several times a day and is non-refundable. Most enjoyable part of my job is booking the member their dream vacation and then hearing about their enjoyable time upon their return home.
Pros
commission/lunch provided by vendors//onsite cafeteria
Cons
long lines in cafeteria on good food days
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Claims Adjuster/Total Loss Adjuster (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2015
THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR
I WAS LET GO AFTER 2 DAYS BEFORE MY 6 MONTH PROBATION PERIOD.
I HAD PERFECTS ON ALL MY WORK SCORES. WHEN ASKED MY MANAGER WHAT WAS WRONG ALL THEY COULD SAY WAS IT WASN'T A GOOD FIT
I WAS TRAINED FOR 1 HOUR ON HOW TO DO MY JOB AND THAT IS IT. I HAD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO EVERYTHING ON MY OWN WITHOUT MY MANAGERS HELP.
PLEASE TAKE IT FROM ME AND STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. THEY WANT YOU TO WORK OVER YOUR 8 HOURS EVERYDAY BUT WILL NOT PAY FOR OVERTIME. I WAS EVEN TOLD DON'T TAKE YOUR FULL 30 MINUTES FOR LUNCH BECAUSE THAT IS LOOKED DOWN UPON.
Pros
GREAT STAFF
Cons
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT, LONG DAYS
Amazing place to work
Autoravel Production (Former Employee) –  Headquarters Charlotte NCFebruary 6, 2015
AAA Carolinas is an amazing place to work. It's a company passionately committed to providing their workers, members and customers with value, safety and total peace of mind in all things related to Travel, Insurance, Automotive Care and Member Benefits. As a former employee, I was proud to be a part of a team spirit and atmosphere that created an environment of positive energy which encouraged everyone to strive to do their best. The information readily available to help you grow and advance within the company is second to none. The management takes time out to get to know each individual worker, helping them to set realistic goals that will propel them towards personal as we company wide success.
Pros
webnairs, workshops and in house trainings
Little to no work life balance made up only by rate of pay
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MOOctober 23, 2015
The advancement opportunities at AAA are plentiful if you dedicate yourself and show up to work every day, but unfortunately, that sometimes is not enough. Your entire bonus is based off of the member's perception of you, which is often skewed or flippant when they receive the surveys for service received and management only ever asks for more and does not recognize the service that you put in every single day.

Coworkers are incredible, but it cannot make up for the complete lack of work-life balance, constant begging for more hours, mandatory overtime and screaming, belligerent members 24 hours a day. Compensation is the only thing that makes this job worth working for.
Pros
pay, advancement opportunities, coworkers
Cons
work/life balance, management, bonus system, morale, no employee recognition, poor communication
high turnover rate, Emergency road service reps are over worked and underpaid
Emergency Road Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 3, 2013
talking to customers getting details about the customers breakdown location, contact info, details about the veh and whats wrong with it, hardest part of the job is we have a high turnover rate because of the Mandatory overtime, cancelled breaks and lunches, cancelled days off, mandatory holidays ect. so the work load is pushed back on us having to pick up the slack for being understaffed, we are also the least paid out of everyone and do the most work talking to hundreds of members a day, employees get lazy, often transferring members to other departments so they don't have to take the call.
Pros
free aaa membership for peremenant employees
Cons
they cancel breaks, lunches, days off, mandatory overtime alot, high turn overe rate, road service advocates do the most work and are paid the least, very little room for advancement.
Call center environment, excellent co-workers, fun environment,
Insurance Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2014
A typical day at AAA is answering mostly inbound calls, some outbound calls are required for follow up purposes. Fun environment to work in . AAA you must provide excellent customer service skills in a timely efficient manner, keep notes and answer any questions or concerns customers may have. There are some great perks working for AAA such as incentives, pay raises if you make your yearly referrals, management who provides free lunch and good benefits package including 401k. I have never worked in a call center environment before, AAA has enhanced my customer service skills and how to solve issues when the customer is irate. Management provides coaching to assist us with becoming the best insurance service specialists working for AAA.
challenging, fun environment never boring
Personal tutor in classroom setting (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDJuly 7, 2014
I was a students personal tutor. My job was to reinforce what the teacher taught to the student. I was responsible for keeping the student to task in the classroom and developing a plan to help improve the students grades. I was in-charge of removing the student if I noticed him or her getting upset or potential violent. I would talk about strategies and ways of dealing with feeling. A typical day I would follow my students to class take notes and copy what the student wanted to say on their assignment forbatium. I would help students with intellectual and behavior disabilities. The hardest part was assess each child and developing a plan to assist that child. Most enjoyable was when the child graduated to high school with skills and a plan to help them in life and school.
Pros
reinforce skills i don't use everyday
Cons
work as needed not a stable paycheck
Self-starting, goal-oriented, fun, responsible, confident with high standard work ethic
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 26, 2013
I enjoy arriving early to work greeting my piers being positive and happy. I am a self-starting, goal-oriented, responsible, confident, fun team player with a high standard work ethic and very eager to start my day. I enjoy helping others and assisting customers in all phases of customer service and would like to make a difference in peoples lives by using my great listening and communicating skills. I also enjoy working together as a dynamic team player by putting my knowledge and energy in making sure the job is done right the first time around. My most enjoyable part of my work day would be knowing I gave it my all and did everything I could of done for my customer, my team mates and the company in which I work for.
Pros
having fun at working hard and enjoying what i do