AAA

AAA Employer Reviews

Short and sweet
Lock-man Locksmith (Current Employee), Pinellas Park FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: company truck, health benefits, working from home, locksmith trade
Cons: on call 24/6, the pay, having no social life
I absolutely love the locksmith trade, though being an on call roadside assistance driver makes starting a life very difficult. Only having one day off a week to accomplish my everyday duties is very tiring and stressful.
Busy
Roadside Service Specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 15, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part of the job was:
Trying to figure out where people were located to send a tow truck. Specially, if they got lost and didn't know what road they were on. Took calls from Michigan, Illinois, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Iowa.
Great people, yet poor leadership
UX/UI designer and developer (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: talented developers
Cons: poor management, terrible work conditions
AAA is a very old company, so their IT everything reflects that. They use JSF, and A4J. Old architecture. Their JSF framework does not support HTML5, which makes the development of rich mobile applications close to impossible.

Management is terrible here. Politics are so intense that products can't be shipped on time. Often time getting extended for – more... an entire year.

The place is super old. They have no coffee broken chairs, and 15" cheap single monitors. Cheap low ram hardware making your job a nightmare.

Last but not least, people here are awesome. For some reason this place attracts some seriously talented people. They do not stay here however, reason why I left. I am ready for Angular.js. I CAN'T stay here! I am becoming useless by the minute. – less
very good company to retire from, you can get a lot of overtime
Customer Advocate II (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 10, 2014
members calling in because of a breakdown on the road or they maybe locked out of their cars or just need a tire change, sometime they may call to renew or purchase a membership or send out triptiks because they're taking a trip across country
Supervisor of 12 representatives.
Lead Touring Clerk (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIMarch 31, 2014
Pros: monday - friday
Cons: long drive
I was 3rd in charge of entire branch, answered directly to Branch Manager. I was a decision maker for representative's questions and go-between for Branch Manager. Handled any difficulties presented and audited money drawer problems. Created spreadsheets to make Branch Manager decision easier. I was a great at multitasking and problem solving. My favorite – more... part of the job was installing child passenger safety seats, ensuring safe travels for infants. – less
A fun place to work, feels like family, everybody knows everybody.
ERS DISPATCHER III (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, coffee
A self motivated, forward thinking addition to any team of professionals. Able and willing to learn new systems and ways of doing business. Does not allow previous experiences cloud new learning opportunities but rather uses it to advance and add flavor to new challenges.
Overal rating was 5
job work balance 5
compensation/benefits 5
job securiity 5
management – more... 5
job culture 5 – less
Driver (Current Employee), Corona, CAMarch 27, 2014
Typical day would be lots of interacting with customers via phone and in person.
very helpful work place
Roadside Assistance Councilor (Former Employee), hamilton njMarch 27, 2014
very fast paced, inbound call center, great support from managers and fellow employees as well
great start up job
Customer Service/Call Centers (Current Employee), burbankMarch 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: minimum wage
was my first job it was a great experience l. they also move you up to a high position very quickly
awesome place to work with cafeteria
customer service rep (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: breaks
aaa insurance is a wonderful place to work if seeking employment they treat you as a professional and the people are great i give them 10 stars
ok place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), wiliamsville NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: will help you with your call center skills
Cons: no goo health benefets
helped me with my call center skills co works where great management was not so great
Saving people from bad car days.
Flatbed & Wheel Lift Recovery Expert (Former Employee), Red Bank NJMarch 24, 2014
Pros: working in the sunshine.
Cons: working in the rain.
Cruising around, helping stranded motorists. A highly enjoyable job if you know what you're doing, but there is no room for salary increase or promotions.
productive and fun workplace
roadside counselor (Current Employee), NEWARK DEMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care
A typical work day at AAA I would say is very fast pace the phones ring nonstop. I learned how to deal with angry customers in distress. Management is great they will be on you when it comes to getting these customers safely off the road. Everyone is fairly nice at AAA and friendly. It is nothing hard about this job it’s very easy, and I really enjoy – more... assisting members and getting them to safety. – less
Callcenter Sales environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: corporate environment
Cons: n/a
Great training, primarily incoming call sales position, company name recognition provides significant lead sources.
long hours,lots of work
Driver (Former Employee), peekskill,nyMarch 12, 2014
Pros: like working in trucks
Cons: no benefits, no advancement
a day at work was ten to twelve hour days of hot and dirty work,i learned that sanitation could be a good job if with the right company.management at this company were disrespectful and would shot change paychecks.my helper on the truck was an illegal,which made more money than i ,being he wasnt taxed.trying to understand my helper ,being he spoke no – more... english,interacting with other drivers at dump sites. – less
Worked in customer service and it sucked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Portland, MEMarch 7, 2014
Pros: sometimes free lunch and pay is ok
Cons: no breaks/lunchs or bathroom on saturday shifts, no pay for working the extra lunch, bad manager
I worked in maine in the customer service call center. Work was day shift with one Saturday a month. On that shift you were so busy you weren't allowed your federal required breaks and lunch but you were not paid for you lunch either. Also couldn't go to the bathroom or anything. If you called out you got fired.

Pay was ok and we did get free lunch – more... sometimes but it was days where we weren't allowed to take lunch and you can't eat and talk at the same time.

Managers are a joke, we had one manager who used to sleep and put her make up on in her office. You would go and she would be a sleep on the couch. Wow you cant take a break but she can sleep. She would also go in the bathroom and hangout for an hour. We were never sure what she was doing in there.

Managers never offered to help with calls and were not there when you needed help.

I have heard better things about the other areas but stay away from all of the call centers. – less
Best job and boss I ever had.
Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: half the town knew me and would stop me when out shopping
Cons: there were no cons.
I was the receptionist and I greeted our member when they entered the office. I checked them into the computer for the services they needed. I was also a cashier and accepted payments and balance my cash at the end of the day. I also process California Motor Vehicles Registrations and issued the tags and balanced my drawer at the end of the day. I also – more... ordered supplied and stocked the front of the office. I also answered the phone. – less
Great company
Manager (Former Employee), Jackson MiMarch 4, 2014
Awesome staff my managers were always down to earth and very reliable. The hardest part working there is the long hours. But the pay is great and you are appreciated.
The office busy non stressful work and friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Utica, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: having to work weekends
Nice management team to work with on daily basis. Inbound call center environment. Very busy during the winter and slower during the summer months.
easy job
Installer (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCMarch 2, 2014
Pros: salary base pay
Cons: lack of benefits and no opportunity for a raise
short work days, management is unorganized, lack of advancement within the company