AAA Employee Reviews

good job security
service technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 16, 2015
I had good job security, but there was no room for improvement. It was also hard to get a pay raise. My days consisted of servicing portable restrooms. The bosses showed favoritism, and the equipment was faulty.
Pros
security
Cons
few raises
Antiquated, great compensation and fun place to work.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2016
Typical day at was fast pace due to the industry market. I leaned that a AAA member took pride in their membership and were proud to be a member of AAA. Management was antiquated, not open to new ideas. However, tenured with the organization which explained the leaderships complacent behavior. The hardest part of the job was to turn down a customer with the intent to purchase an insurance policy and we had the better rate. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i got paid! The compensation was awesome!.
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLApril 19, 2016
This is an excellent company with great employees.
The company has excellent training programs to ensure the job is done the correct way. The management seems to genuinely care about the staff. There reaches a point in the job where there is no longer a new challenge or a new skill to learn. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing you serve a purpose of helping people with needs and make sure the customer is satisfied.
Pros
Professional work environment with
Cons
No benefits, low pay, little opportunity to grow and advance
Not worth your time to apply.
Emergency Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 3, 2015
AAA in Omaha was a poor experience. They treat you like a number in a database. The training is just the same week repeated for 4. I never met any management until I was on the floor and even then I met my own manager briefly. They give very little wiggle room for new employees. Your stats must be good quickly.

They hire through a temp staffing company. Which might be great for them but for you it means very poor benefits. And a nice little badge that says NON-EMPLOYEE to make you feel like less of an important member of the staff.

AAA boasts a lunch room with no fridge and no microwaves. They lauded their broken air-hockey table as a benefit.

Companies in the area with similar job descriptions offer better benefits, schedules, atmosphere, pay, and amenities. AAA reminds me of a poor man's PayPal. A very poor man's PayPal.
Pros
Airconditioning
Good Job security
Customer Service Rep. III (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 30, 2016
AAA has great benefits and a great Cafe. If you are looking for a place that is never going anywhere and you don't mind being stuck in doing the same job forever, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Schedules
decent
Cooper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2016
At one point this was the LTL company to work for. They lost a large account and laid off several people including myself. You would made great money at the time. You get all the hour's you want even if you don't. If you call out or schedule a day off. You'll regret it later on they make sure of that. Your home life will suffer because you won't be home.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No home time, they work you like a machine.
Aaa
Member service agent (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 10, 2016
great company to work for I would recommend this company to anyone seeking employment. also great benefits five star rating
nice, friendly and women friendly enviroment
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
nice friendly place to work, Management very understanding and always willing to listen to opinion. sometimes workload can be a bit much with little time to complete.
Very conservative company with job security
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA / San Luis ObispoAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Auto Club of Southern California for over 9 years. Management is very helpful and will assist with advancement in the company.

This job is appropriate if you are able to multi task and be very patient and calm with AAA members that may be challenging at times. There are a multitude of products/services that must be learned, but there is an university at the headquarters in Costa Mesa to train for this. The university is wonderful and the teachers are amazing.

It is also important to know that cross sell to other departments in the office as well as AAA products is a requirement. Therefore you must be comfortable with this form of sales. Your job position does rely on this to make certain numbers, however management provides sufficient amount of time to create an action plan.

Must be willing to work Saturday's and holidays / holiday weekends.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Working Saturdays & Holidays / Holiday Weekends
Great environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 7, 2016
I answered the phone calls of AAA customers in need of assistance, then located their location using google maps and sent assistance.
I learned how to navigate maps better. I also acquired faster typing.
The supervisors were all very helpful and quick to respond.
All co-workers would try help you out no matter how simple or difficult a problem.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long commute
High stress/no life balance
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 2, 2016
Constantly making outbound calls trying to get new business.
Co-workers are very supportive and work well together.
Working long hours, including Saturdays and some Sundays to make auto/home goal.
There is no work/life balance.
I enjoy the AAA members and interacting with them on a daily basis to make sure everything they need is taken care of.
Pros
Great co-workers, benefits, and pay.
Cons
Worklife balance is not where it needs to be. Short lunches and no breaks.
Good company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2016
Management was great, they taught you everything you needed during training. A regular work day would be: clocking in, sign into multiple windows to take calls, program phone code, and answer phone calls to assist members. Co-workers all worked together to help each other. Customers were often difficult to work with. Helping members was the most enjoyable. Yay!
physical labor and attention to detail required
Triple AAA Service Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAAugust 8, 2016
My work day mostly consisted of tire changes, vehicle lockouts, gas delivery, and battery installs. Majority of the day we were on the road by ourselves, but still had direct contact with customers. at the end of the day we had to turn in our daily reports of services we provided.
Great place to gain skills.
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
I learned valuable skills required for an office setting. How to manage clients and accounts. Keeping proper documentation.
The other agents were always helpful and friendly.

The best part was helping clients find solutions that worked for them. The clients were grateful and made you feel valuable.

The unfriendliest parts were the demanding hours and strict vacation use limitations.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Restrictive hours and vacation availability.
Good place to work with many job opportunities
Emergency Roadside Assistant-Field Representative (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 24, 2016
This is a good place to work. Good benefits, good advancement opportunities if you want to relocate, lots of hands on experience, good co-workers. The hardest part is the buy in from the aaa service providers. The most enjoyable is the people you meet and the travel.
Great co-workers there, but the department I worked in should not have been so consolidated. Supervisors and managers were stretched too thin.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 10, 2016
High paced environment, worked with many good people there and compensation was competitive. Work load was heavier than could realistically be handled the the agents and management. The department would have ran more smoothly if it were divided into smaller sections.
Pros
Warm and inviting facility
Cons
high turn over rate
AAA Northeast Call Center (Providence, RI)
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 11, 2016
Fast pace job working 24/7 with no holidays off, dealing with customers who are in dangerous situations you must obtain key information in order to get the customer back on the road
Pros
Work enviroment very much laid back
Cons
Underpaid for the work they ask you to do
dont really have anything good or bad to say
Certified Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2016
i really dont have anything good or bad to say about the company or management. It was just a typical place of employment. I do have to say that the company is the upper echelon of its field.
Do not work for this company
Claims Adjuster/Total Loss Adjuster (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2015
This is the worst company I have ever worked for
I was let go after 2 days before my 6 month probation period.
I had perfects on all my work scores. When asked my manager what was wrong all they could say was it wasn't a good fit
I was trained for 1 hour on how to do my job and that is it. I had to figure out how to do everything on my own without my managers help.
Please take it from me and stay far away from this place. They want you to work over your 8 hours everyday but will not pay for overtime. I was even told don't take your full 30 minutes for lunch because that is looked down upon.
Pros
GREAT STAFF
Cons
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT, LONG DAYS
productive and fun work place
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 27, 2016
great benefits including 401k, pto and vacation. they offer ase classes paid as long as you pass. enjoy working with good people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.