AAA

AAA Employer Reviews

Busy & high stress
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJune 15, 2014
A typical day at work was multitasking with email/phone to conclude total loss claims for customers. receive new assignments, verify vehicle and personal information. compare received value with photos for verification. present information to customer via phone or email. handle any discrepancies or complaints. issue checks to lien holders and/or registered – more... owners. process DMV paperwork to transfer vehicles out of customer name.

management was reasonable, allowed independent work while checking up internally to ensure regulations met. coworkers often caught up in stress. hardest part of job was juggling follow up with high volume new incoming claims. most enjoyable part of job was getting to help people and being acknowledged by the customer. – less
Constantly changing work place
Field Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits and time off
Cons: lack of unified leadership
It's a constantly changing work place that I have enjoyed. There have been power struggles in the upper management and it is having an impact at all levels of business.
I have enjoyed the development and education opportunities.
Call center based office environment
Claim Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 11, 2014
-A typical day at work consisted of a review of the claims received from the prior business day to current business day.
-Inbound phone calls were routed to our unit to assist with customer inquiries, conflict resolution, and to handle other various customer needs.
-Outbound calls were made to follow up on given claim assignments. This contact with – more... the customer was to verify details of loss, provide next steps, ensure accuracy, and set expectations about the claims process from the beginning to settlement.
-AAA provided me with a depth of understanding of the auto policy in Michigan as well as 11 other mid-western states. I learned to apply this policy to a wide variety of circumstances to guarantee adhesion to company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
-Management empowered us to problem solve much on our own and to use our best judgment. This opportunity helped to make me more independent minded and to seek solutions on my own before having to reach out to management.
-The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the workload. This was an hourly job as opposed to salaried. The set schedule atmosphere at times was more than enough to complete given tasks; and at other times was insufficient. In my opinion, a slightly more flexible system of hours worked would have helped to even out these two extremes.
-The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning something new when a unique situation arrived for the first time. I enjoyed analyzing a given situation, relating this to a particular section of the insurance policy, and feeling confident in this newly acquired knowledge. – less
Hard working work place
Dispatcher, Customer services (Former Employee), Holland MIJune 10, 2014
Walk in to work and load up my computer and turn on my head set and start revising phone calls, I learn to handle customer problems and how to talk to them when they are yelling on the phone. After so long you learn how to manage the high call volume. Co-workers were never a problem yes there were some that every work day was a bad day but after a while – more... you learn how to work around there bad days. The hardest part of my work place was people are on the phone not leaving to talk to explain to them how we were going to help them. – less
Fun and easy going.
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Lincoln, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: laid back
Come in and make phone calls for 4 hours, and set leads for a sales rep to run an appointment, and sell that appointment.
I honestly most likely shouldn't have left there.
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 4, 2014
I really enjoyed the work and the people i worked with. The management left a bit to be desired.
Productive Workplace with great opportunities to help customers and earn additional income
Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity to help people in difficult circimstances
A typical day at work usually involves handling 80-100 calls days.with a variety of calls. Those calls involve Vwhicle breakdown, lockouts, tire changes, and car rental reservations.

I have learned to be a better listener and demonstrate patience so i can actively meet customer expectations.

My supervisor has taught me about having a postive attitude – more... even during the most difficlult days. My co workers are an essential part of life at work also as they are teaching me the value of teamwork and I often consult with them on management on handling difficult problem calls.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult problem calls that I are not easily resolved. During those times I find that by demonstrating an active interest in our members needs and using available resource at my job I usually find a solution.

The most enjoyable part job is the opportunity to help customers every day with benefits they truly need – less
Great palce to work
AutoCare Agent (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 3, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, 401-k, overtime, continuous bonuses
Cons: expensive healthcare, point system
AAA has provided me with excellent customer service skills, data entry, account management skills, accuracy within documents, and documentation skills. I have learned a great deal by working with this company.
High level of stress
Claims Service Representative I (Current Employee), ST. LOUIS, MOMay 30, 2014
Must time manage to succeed
High volume of claims makes it impossible to complete all work in one day.
Staying late every day happens often
Working in emergency road servivce was extremly a stressful position.
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 28, 2014
Pros: good atmoshere
Cons: open 24/7 and you will work untraditional hours even on holidays.
Although I have learned a lot as a customer advocate in emergency road service at AAA. I have also learned that a job with that amount of stress is not for me.
n/a
Dispatcher I (Current Employee), providence, riMay 25, 2014
I just started. So far it has been great and the culture is amazing.
OK PLACE TO WORK
Emergency Roadside Representative (Current Employee), IRVING,TXMay 22, 2014
the work day goes by fast, management is not all that great and the pay is horrible to what we have to do and what they expect of us.
It was a nice place to work
Customer Service Representative and Dispatcher (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMay 19, 2014
Pros: summer and christmas party
Cons: non
Busy phone.
A lot about the oil business.
Management was okay.
I very good it my co-workers.
The hours - because in the summer they were no over time.
When the clients called and let us know that they were satisfied.
AAA is a great place to work!
Member Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 18, 2014
AAA has great employees and great customers. A truely enjoyable place to work.
Good company, promotes from within.
Group Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Omaha NEMay 14, 2014
Good company, promotes from within, supports education and training.
Productive.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Utica, NYMay 14, 2014
I would go in everyday and send members road side assistance, help with memberships and trip tiks
the life at AAA
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 8, 2014
•a typical day at work
•learn new procedures
•management and the co-workers are great
Awesome career
had a gym and other amenities
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee), IRVINGMay 2, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, 401k, gym on site, covered parking garage, will work with you for schedule
Cons: time off policies, constant changes, favoritism, hard to move up the ladder
typical day/night included back to back calls on assisting those in emergency roadside that were broken down. Have scheduled breaks and lunches. Make sure hitting compliance rules and offering places of repair and meeting goals.
Great environment
Policy Service Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2014
AAA is a great place to work excellent hours and beautiful facilities. The people are great and it is a wonderful working culture.
Good staring place for work experience in customer service
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not too flexible work schedules.
Assisting those with emergency road service. Assisting contractor with membership benefit and roadside problems.