Aacres LLC Employee Reviews

Awful company!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 12, 2018
This company works you like a dog, then dismisses you when you try to catch your breath. If your looking for a job in caregiving, so someplace else!!!
I was in upper management and was treated like garbage, nothing was good enough for aacres. Take, take, take!

RUN!!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no call/no shows, emergency calls all night/weekend long. AWFUL!!!
Aacres it really helps disable people
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 7, 2018
Aacres was a nice place for me to work because it've learned me to take more care of disable peoples and give them meds so i was really comfortable and trusted.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoy the environment. Loved helping old folks. Pay was alright. Everything was balance to me. Though there one things that's need to be straighten, but overall, all was well.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Amazing workplace
not a good place to work poor management
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
They will not let you defend yourself when you are accused of something i was fired on my day off when another staff member did not show up for work and i still went in to cover the shift and i still got fired.
Workers that have no skills...
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WADecember 22, 2017
The company will hire anyone who can pass a simple back ground check. The bosses get more unskilled all the time. Most people working with the kids at the Port Orchard house just sit around watching but don't know what to do. They basically just eat all the food and watch television. They are the most under qualified staff I've ever seen. That house should be closed down.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Underpaid and under educated staff
Great place to work!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 23, 2017
Very energetic and quick paced work environment with fun and caring employees. This is a very rewarding field with an ever changing workday, if you are someone that gets bored easily. I have worked for several companies in this field and this is one of the best.
Pros
Fast-paced, changing workdays, flexibility, and rewarding.
Cons
Easy to work too much overtime(burnout)
Busy place
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAOctober 8, 2017
Busy place, and the service they provide to clients is much needed. There is a lack of training in some departments and the staff in the homes are extremely underpaid for the work they do.
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
progressive
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 26, 2017
I'm a clinical team member and enjoy the various types of clients I get to work with. I also get to be a part of a mission of supporting clients live independent lives while I accrue hours for my license. It's hard to find paid internship locations that provide clinical supervision hours so I'm grateful I found them. I'm learning about behavior analysis and how it intersects with mental health diagnosis. It's challenging but rewarding being part of the clinical team. There are high expectations but when you learn how to do it well the client's lives are positively impacted.
Pros
Clinical Supervision hours
Cons
sometimes have to work until the job is done for the benefit of the client
Great Job, Feel Good Job Helping Others,
Caregiver/mandated reporter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2017
Great Job if you enjoy helping individuals that Appreciate Your Assistance. Good if you enjoy being in the community helping with daily activities. Plus the training classes teach you alot
Extremely good company.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 25, 2017
Toughest yet most satisfying job I've ever had. I work with the toughest client in the company,since doing so I realized no job will ever be too much or too hard for me to do.
Pros
Working with people who need my help
Cons
It's a tough job.. very tough
Fun clients, great bosses great co workers
Live in (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 8, 2017
Working tther was a great experience for me. I worked with some great team mates and the clients were amazing. It was the best job that I have ever worked at.
Laid back, Slow Paced, Days are not always the same
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 31, 2017
The company isn't the worst nor the best, it has a great heart and meaning they want to percieve the image their looking for. Plus they just dont always hire the best workers that are "there" for the client and not a "paycheck". some days are very pleasent and so laid back it is like glorafied babysitting, but the team structue nor the consistancy is there, so there are many set backs with clients to where there is little to no progression within the person of whom we supports plan.
Pros
paid lunches, traveling
Cons
co-workers, team structures, consistancy
Great place to work at and learn more about the hospitality field
Lead Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2017
Tgey have a really aggressive background check, but if you have a clean record, they will welcome you with open arms. They will train you for two weeks on hospitality and medicine passing and the laws. We will recieve med pass, CPR, and personal defences training and work at a indiviual's home. Grrat job and very relax enviorment. Just remember to keep the placw clean and pass meds on time.
Draining
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 29, 2017
I would advise you to look into other caregiving companies. Red flags here with the management who is incompetent to do their job with dd population. They are money driven corporation and coyld care less about raises or bemefits for their employees. Prepare to work with these monkeys because it is the worst job i ever had.
Pros
Patients and their "interesting" lives
Cons
Management and leads
not very flexable
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2017
Most of the emplyees were over worked. The magament team didnt comunicate with each other very well. And i also feel that we were under paid for the work load.
overall good work place.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 19, 2017
Individuals we work with are amazing, but the work place culture is a little dysfunctional. Management was very flexible with people's schedules. Overall good workplace
Challanging and very productive teamwork
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 13, 2017
I worked nights, so basically depending on the client, I would hangout with them, play cards, do puzzles, play with leggos, if they were awake and asked me to. Most clients were very independent even when they needed a level of assistance. The hardest part of the job is keeping a work professional relationship. Not letting them get attached, or letting them realize who their favorite was.
Excellent attention to detail
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 22, 2017
Complicated and time consuming review system can be upsetting for a young family. The third week of the month I was notified via email an administrative suspension was in place and that it could take up to eight weeks.
I would never recommend this job to another human being
Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 15, 2017
you show up to work 10 minutes early and the next person leaves, then you give medications, wake up your clients, constantly clean, and the upper management tries to make it seem like everything is okay but it's terrible. You're under paid, over worked and no one cares for your safety. I remember working 16 hour shifts for 3 weeks straight because they had noon else to cover the shift because they treat their staff like they are disposable so the employees are constantly being rotated in and out. The management of the company is rather nice, they treat you like you are part of a family to your face but then spout rude and disrespectful things to each other behind your back. I had a wonderful supervisor while I was there and that was the only reason I stayed longer than 6 months. the employees all gossip about the other staff or the leads and then act nice to you when it suits them. Its a fast paced difficult job. they ask you to care but not get invested but also to get invested. they are constantly contradictory.
Pros
you get to hear interesting stories about the individuals lives
Cons
Everything else. It is literally the worst job to have
Best People EVER
Live-in Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2017
I worked through the office in Seattle, I am amazed at some of these reviews..! Seattle had the best office staff, support staff, communication and organization that I have ever worked with, of all the places I have worked, Aacres was my best job ever. Sure I had some issues, there will always be some issues when working with developmentally disabled adults, but all in all, it was the best job, best residents, best coworkers !!!
Pros
The people <3
Cons
Occasional dishonest support staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aacres LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6