AAFES Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJune 22, 2017
I would recommend a military spouse or child to work in this location mainly because you get to see a wide variety of cultures and as a spouse or childe of an active military person you get first chance at job opportunities.
Pros
people
Cons
can be very overwhelming at meal times
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 22, 2017
overall good place for anyone to get their foot in the door as a place to work with the many different positions and job opportunities they hold... well done
Military Bases
Computer Machine Operator/Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 22, 2017
I was a wife of a Army soldier in worked for AAFES at every duty station we lived at. Working on military bases was a different experience. Learned a lot about changes and living as a military spouse.
Productive day serving the US Military
Crew (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 21, 2017
Working with Soldiers is very fun and a wonderful experience because you get to meet people from all over with different backgrounds. Serving fresh food is always a plus and giving my best at all times is very rewarding
Good company
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  McConnell Air Force Base, KSJune 21, 2017
This is a fantastic company to make a career with. Good benefits, hard work rewarded with advancement. A perfect first job, or even a long term job as long as you don't mind customer service.
Great
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 21, 2017
working for AAFES is a great company they take care of you and try to work with you when you need the time off due to your spouse leaving or coming home. they are really understanding of everything going on in the world
Fun place to work hard at.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2017
The company works hard for its customers. It's family orientated in each store they have. I enjoy working with the co workers in every shift I work in.
Very great place to work. Fun people
Safety an security (Former Employee) –  Panama The countryJune 17, 2017
I was a sales clerk in Oklahoma. Got to know many different military family's. I learned a lot of different thing from this job. Diffenent products and clothing.

Panama I loved my job. I was one of a team that caught shop lifters.
I think seeing all kinds of people steal was an eye opening experience for me.
Pros
Great team
Cons
My safety was at risk.
Nice place
Checkout Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJune 17, 2017
I assisted customers to the best of my ability by ringing up their items and operating register, I always made sure that my area was clear of clutter and that my customers leave with a smile.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 16, 2017
I learn how to unload trucks and load trucks also using a pallet jacks
and lifting 60 lbs.Keeping the area clean also being a team member
and helping.
work is great
empolyee (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 16, 2017
good work place, feels good serving our troops. management is very lazy, but the overall job is awesome I truly enjoy work for aafes. I have had good days and bad here.
Stores Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CA 92310June 15, 2017
I learned how to deal with a high paced environment in such a small amount of time. The management is great and so is the camaraderie. Most enjoyable part is bonding with the soldiers.
Pros
Bonding with people
Cons
High paced environment
Crazy Busy
Cashier/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJune 15, 2017
I worked with soldiers on a daily so our store was always packed, and always empty because they cleared us out on a daily but we made sure to take good care of our customers, especially since they are serving our country.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Hot store
Great
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 15, 2017
A typical work day at AAFESs was a comfortable , productive , as well as strenuous at times . Although it did have its ''chill'' days , there were also days where things got hectic but I learned new things about this work environment everyday .
dependable job
Express Convience Store (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 9, 2017
my manager was flexible with my schedule, the workplace was peaceful, my most enjoyable moment is when I see smiling faces walking through and meeting new people
Aafes
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA 98433June 8, 2017
Great place to work! Flexible schedules with good pay and benefits. Most employees are related to the military and are extreme friendly and understand the difficulties on being part of a military family.
Very Poorly Ran
SERVICE AND VENDING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJune 7, 2017
The business was very poorly ran. There was not a lot of room to move up. The management never seemed to be on the employees side when it came to improving the work day.
Work day
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 7, 2017
Aafes is a good company to work for.I have gotten rasies,as well as became a permanent employee. The management was horrible but they pro mote within I do not like my schedule.I really liked my co- workers.The most enjoyable part of theday was going home.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Short staffed.
Stressful and hot work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJune 6, 2017
Typical day at AAFES consist of clocking in and getting behind a hot grill for hours. Coworkers were rude including the management. Many of my coworkers quit because of the way they were treated by management. The hardest part of my job was training the new people because it seemed like every other week we had a new person. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with the customers.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Short Breaks
Awesome job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 5, 2017
This job was one of my first ones being in college and i loved it because the customers were always nice and the people I worked with were nice as well. This was the longest job I was with.
Pros
Great environment, decent pay
Cons
They did not care about my school schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAFES. Our community is ready to answer.