aai corporation Employee Reviews

Technicaly challanging
Fellow Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cockyville, MD and Huntsville, ALFebruary 21, 2017
: Fellow Engineer.. Successfully lead the UAS simulation training design efforts for US Army Shadow training. Lead the design team to develop a COTS-based accredited desktop UAS training system avoiding $2,500,000 in acquisition costs and responsible for developing TUAS training systems Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) report for National Guard UAS Training; organized the DO-178B compliant Airworthiness Specifications for Universal Ground Control station and Bi-directional Remote Video Terminal; managed the Post Production Software Support for the Joint Systems Integration Lab for UAS training systems; responsible for maintaining Shadow UAS training currency and accreditation for the legacy Shadow UAS fleet, worked Manned-Unmanned integration of SHADOW training device, developed white paper defining image registration techniques utilizing SHADOW UAS images with NGI high resolution databases for higher precision targeting information in GPS denied environment.

Hardest part of the job was maintaining currency with new technology.

Most enjoyable part of the job was solving complex technical issues
Pros
Maintaining currency with new technologies
Cons
Company was bought out by Textron
UAS (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 20, 2017
The pay and benefits is the reason for this deployed job, but at the cost of every other aspect... The company was bought out by Textron
no comment
Project/Program Manager (TEXTRON (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJanuary 16, 2017
no comment at this time. as a current employee I do not wish to comment at this time. overall a decent place to work despite continuous management changes
excellent career opportunity which offers stability and long term growth
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 14, 2017
AAI, has an excellent management staff and really helps employees with Work/Life balance. AAI takes great pride in their employees and listens to the concerns on all levels.
Pros
great salaries
Good pay, everything else below average
UAV Technician & Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The worldDecember 21, 2016
State Side everything was normal mostly, but out of country things were not as promised. Classified job can not go into details of job and related issues.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
not 100% truthful on job site description.
No Thanks
Information Assurance System Engineer IV/Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 14, 2016
Free lunch I would prefer not to rank the companies I have worked for I this this is a process not worth of my time to give accurately. I have worked at many locations and companies it would not be accurate any more
interesting work
tech (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work, opportunites to advance do exist.

Interesting place to work, and gain experience on multiple platforms.
This was my very first job as an engineer.
Hardware Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 4, 2015
This place hold something special as it was my first job out of school. Talking to older employees it was a better place to work before Textron took over. I had no problems while it was Textron.
Pros
Great Tech
Cons
Defense job high risk of layoffs.
na
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 4, 2015
Work with multiple cable types and GFE. The build and integrate platforms to support the military in the unmanned systems effort
Respectful
Project Administrator/Publication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 23, 2015
I loved working at AAI Corporation. I was there for almost 34 years, Met alot of friends and very reliable and intelligent people. I received alot of experience in my years at the company.
Pros
They gave me 33 plus years
Cons
When it was AAI it was great, Then Textron bought us and they seem to want thier own people brought in.
Rewarding Career for New Contractors
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OverseasFebruary 5, 2015
AAI Corporation, a division of Textron Systems is a very rewarding company to work for. They are a great company to get your foot in the door of the contracting world!
Contract
UAS Publications Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 14, 2014
I was a contractor for L3 so I cannot accurately speak to the culture of the company. From what I saw, the people were fair and the compensation was higher than average.
Premiere UAS company
Senior Engineering Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2014
AAI/Textron is the première UAS company in the UAS. My co-workers and management are a pleasure to work with.
shop supervisor
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  ft hood txMarch 5, 2014
i enjoyed this company and best of all got to work for our country
Has been a great experience to work for
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 10, 2014
Daily interaction with customer
LIttle to no supervision
great customers
need more support from headquarters
Enjoyed doing my job
Sr. Security Rep (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 23, 2014
I started doing Physical Security, worked up to Investigator and worked in Personnel Security and Visitor Control.
Pros
Working with my Co-Workers
Cons
Great benefits and work culture
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 21, 2014
AAI has a very relaxed work culture with opportunity to work on very interesting projects. Benefits and compensation are very competitive.
Dedicated, resourceful employee
Supervisor of the offset printing area (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 19, 2014
My entire career has been in the printing industry. I have managed an inplant reproduction facility with an annual budget of +$700/K.
My current duties include the management of a corporate vehicle fleet, forktrucks and golf carts. Insuring all drivers are DOT compliant, Vehicle DOT inspected and maintenance level maintained.
Pros
Progressive working enviroment
Cons
Weekend work schedule
A very progressive company yet very caring for it employees.
Field Service Engineer System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJanuary 15, 2014
We worked with members of the Army UAV community. We trained maintainers and UAV operators. We as FSR's are assigned to each individual Army units.
To be assigned to Army unit we had to attend and pass a three month UAV training period. The training is on going process in order to maintain current with updates an/or upgrades.
All FSR's are considered as working partners whether we work at the same location or not. Constant communication within the community was kept via company email system.
The most difficult part of the job was the lack of work space for repairs and parts storage to maintain the customer equipment.
The part that I enjoyed the most of my employment with AAI is working closely with my co-workers and helping the customer acheive superior results in all operation involving UAV operations in the states and overseas.
Pros
AAI provided company uniforms and benefits.
Cons
The one thing that I would consider improvements would be more consistent pay increases.
opportunity for job diversity
Facility Security Manager/COMSEC Custodian (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJanuary 10, 2014
Worked several different departments/jobs throughout my employment, working with a diverse group of people and many external/internal customers.
Pros
flex time
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at aai corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9