aai corporation

aai corporation Employer Reviews

Has been a great experience to work for
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 10, 2014
Daily interaction with customer
LIttle to no supervision
great customers
need more support from headquarters
Enjoyed doing my job
Sr. Security Rep (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: working with my co-workers
Cons: management
I started doing Physical Security, worked up to Investigator and worked in Personnel Security and Visitor Control.
Great benefits and work culture
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 21, 2014
AAI has a very relaxed work culture with opportunity to work on very interesting projects. Benefits and compensation are very competitive.
Dedicated, resourceful employee
Supervisor of the offset printing area (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: progressive working enviroment
Cons: weekend work schedule
My entire career has been in the printing industry. I have managed an inplant reproduction facility with an annual budget of +$700/K.
My current duties include the management of a corporate vehicle fleet, forktrucks and golf carts. Insuring all drivers are DOT compliant, Vehicle DOT inspected and maintenance level maintained.
A very progressive company yet very caring for it employees.
Field Service Engineer System Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: aai provided company uniforms and benefits.
Cons: the one thing that i would consider improvements would be more consistent pay increases.
We worked with members of the Army UAV community. We trained maintainers and UAV operators. We as FSR's are assigned to each individual Army units.
To be assigned to Army unit we had to attend and pass a three month UAV training period. The training is on going process in order to maintain current with updates an/or upgrades.
All FSR's are considered – more... as working partners whether we work at the same location or not. Constant communication within the community was kept via company email system.
The most difficult part of the job was the lack of work space for repairs and parts storage to maintain the customer equipment.
The part that I enjoyed the most of my employment with AAI is working closely with my co-workers and helping the customer acheive superior results in all operation involving UAV operations in the states and overseas. – less
opportunity for job diversity
Facility Security Manager/COMSEC Custodian (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: flex time
Worked several different departments/jobs throughout my employment, working with a diverse group of people and many external/internal customers.
Military influenced workplace.
Government Owned Company Operated Flight Crew (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 9, 2014
Medium paced work environment with a highly militarized feel. Management only seemed to help employees out when there were no other options. Hardest part about the job was dealing with the favoritism.
Great place to work.
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDDecember 12, 2013
Pros: type of business and value provided to the customers.
Cons: none to report.
Daily responsibilities include management of the Army depot and service center. This includes the stocking and pulling of parts as well as the deliveries for incoming and outgoing material. Some other responsibilities including the shipping and receipt of material, and cycle counting.
Military Focused Employer
Lead HR Specialist/Sr HR Representative (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDNovember 8, 2013
AAI Corporation focuses on supporting the various military branches. The company is very good at this and continually finds new ways for it's employees to get involved in this and other efforts.
Provides opportunity for advancement.
Standards Pilot on the AAI Stands Evaluation Team (Current Employee), Dugway, UTNovember 5, 2013
Company has different platforms for opportunity to learn and advance with different systems.
Typical Defense Contractor
UAV Payload Integration (EO/IR) SME (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDOctober 31, 2013
Not a bad place to work, but not much room to advance and if you're interested in any actual design work then it's definitely not the place for you.
Balancing Life
Sr. Regional Field Service Manager (Current Employee), MDJuly 16, 2013
Balancing life and work has become difficult. Due to understaffing and managerial changes that have seem to continuously happen it has become very difficult to balance a work and home life.
Not a good company to work for
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Hunt Valley MarylandMay 29, 2013
The worst place to work in the defense industry. I was laid of without any warning after six weeks of work.. I move my household with great expense.
Productive work invoriment
Flight Crew (Current Employee), CONUS and OCONUSFebruary 27, 2013
A great company to work for at all levels. No issues with day to day or longevity within the company.
Great place to work but with limited opportunities.
Principal Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: parking is nice
Cons: corporate atmosphere changes occasionally
Typical day was predictable
Nice facility in some places
Some management OK
Most co-workers OK
Poor to say the least.
SR. Field Service Rep. (Former Employee), Blackstone, VAFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: no sense of belonging, no retention goals, poor training programs
This place was bad to say the least. We all saw the writing on the wall but it was still a big git to get laid off after only a month with the company.
Very professional workplace withe Work/Life Balance
Aerotek Contract Recruiter (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: independent work environment
Cons: job ended
AAI Corporation was a very nice place to work. It is a structured workplace with very polite and dedicated staff. It's critical that their product be sound and safe. It's a very conscientious staff.

My day consisted of recruiting for positions in the Hunt Valley office and in offices in South Carolina and Virginia. I used both traditional and creative – more... sourcing methods; I quickly learned ITAR Regulations and Clearance designations. I also learned two recruiting software programs quickly.

I hadn't worked in a government or defense environment, previously. Learning about this industry was both the most difficult part of the job and the most exciting because of the security factor.

The onsite manager has offered to be a reference based on the job I did for him. – less
Avoid at all cost – worst technical company in the US.
CONUS Technical support (Former Employee), CONUSFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: poor health care, extremly expensive rates, poor technical support, poor hr.
If you think the salary is great it is because they have such a hard time with people.
Great salary – but….
Extremely high insurance rates.,and other charges bring it way down – by several hundred each pay period!!.
Very poor management in technical staffing areas - risky - not like a normal simulator shop or company.
HR complaints are taken then ignored – more... and HR chain of command will only cover company concerns.You will be documented.
This can be seen with other unrelated reviews.
AAI splits HR with Textron – Textron works all issues very well – yet AAI side is extremely poor.
Avoid at all cost – worst technical company in the US.
Join at your own risk. – less
A very fun place to work for Engineering Majors
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: quartly meals, softball team, good people
Cons: work is contigent on govt contracts
A huge corporation that takes pride in its employees and the work it produces.
miserable company!
Former Aerosonde Instructor (Former Employee), Ft. PickettNovember 24, 2012
Cons: everything! management and stability of the contract, avoid!!!!!
avoid AAI and their Aerosonde program! Miserable management who is completely lost and the program has no future, just ask their customer if they are going to renew the contract if you don't believe me.

About aai corporation

AAI flies high, with or without pilots. AAI makes aerospace and defense systems, including unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems – Read more