aai corporation

aai corporation Employee Reviews

Respectful
Project Administrator/Publication Specialist (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: they gave me 33 plus years
Cons: when it was aai it was great, then textron bought us and they seem to want thier own people brought in.
I loved working at AAI Corporation. I was there for almost 34 years, Met alot of friends and very reliable and intelligent people. I received alot of experience in my years at the company.
Rewarding Career for New Contractors
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), OverseasFebruary 5, 2015
AAI Corporation, a division of Textron Systems is a very rewarding company to work for. They are a great company to get your foot in the door of the contracting world!
Contract
UAS Publications Technical Writer (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 14, 2014
I was a contractor for L3 so I cannot accurately speak to the culture of the company. From what I saw, the people were fair and the compensation was higher than average.
Premiere UAS company
Senior Engineering Support Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2014
AAI/Textron is the première UAS company in the UAS. My co-workers and management are a pleasure to work with.
shop supervisor
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), ft hood txMarch 5, 2014
i enjoyed this company and best of all got to work for our country
Has been a great experience to work for
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 10, 2014
Daily interaction with customer
LIttle to no supervision
great customers
need more support from headquarters
Enjoyed doing my job
Sr. Security Rep (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: working with my co-workers
Cons: management
I started doing Physical Security, worked up to Investigator and worked in Personnel Security and Visitor Control.
Great benefits and work culture
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 21, 2014
AAI has a very relaxed work culture with opportunity to work on very interesting projects. Benefits and compensation are very competitive.
Dedicated, resourceful employee
Supervisor of the offset printing area (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: progressive working enviroment
Cons: weekend work schedule
My entire career has been in the printing industry. I have managed an inplant reproduction facility with an annual budget of +$700/K.
My current duties include the management of a corporate vehicle fleet, forktrucks and golf carts. Insuring all drivers are DOT compliant, Vehicle DOT inspected and maintenance level maintained.
A very progressive company yet very caring for it employees.
Field Service Engineer System Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: aai provided company uniforms and benefits.
Cons: the one thing that i would consider improvements would be more consistent pay increases.
We worked with members of the Army UAV community. We trained maintainers and UAV operators. We as FSR's are assigned to each individual Army units.
To be assigned to Army unit we had to attend and pass a three month UAV training period. The training is on going process in order to maintain current with updates an/or upgrades.
All FSR's are considered as working partners whether we work at the same location or not. Constant communication within the community was kept via company email system.
The most difficult part of the job was the lack of work space for repairs and parts storage to maintain the customer equipment.
The part that I enjoyed the most of my employment with AAI is working closely with my co-workers and helping the customer acheive superior results in all operation involving UAV operations in the states and overseas.
opportunity for job diversity
Facility Security Manager/COMSEC Custodian (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: flex time
Worked several different departments/jobs throughout my employment, working with a diverse group of people and many external/internal customers.
Military influenced workplace.
Government Owned Company Operated Flight Crew (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 9, 2014
Medium paced work environment with a highly militarized feel. Management only seemed to help employees out when there were no other options. Hardest part about the job was dealing with the favoritism.
Great place to work.
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDDecember 12, 2013
Pros: type of business and value provided to the customers.
Cons: none to report.
Daily responsibilities include management of the Army depot and service center. This includes the stocking and pulling of parts as well as the deliveries for incoming and outgoing material. Some other responsibilities including the shipping and receipt of material, and cycle counting.
Military Focused Employer
Lead HR Specialist/Sr HR Representative (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDNovember 8, 2013
AAI Corporation focuses on supporting the various military branches. The company is very good at this and continually finds new ways for it's employees to get involved in this and other efforts.
Provides opportunity for advancement.
Standards Pilot on the AAI Stands Evaluation Team (Current Employee), Dugway, UTNovember 5, 2013
Company has different platforms for opportunity to learn and advance with different systems.
Typical Defense Contractor
UAV Payload Integration (EO/IR) SME (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDOctober 31, 2013
Not a bad place to work, but not much room to advance and if you're interested in any actual design work then it's definitely not the place for you.
Balancing Life
Sr. Regional Field Service Manager (Current Employee), MDJuly 16, 2013
Balancing life and work has become difficult. Due to understaffing and managerial changes that have seem to continuously happen it has become very difficult to balance a work and home life.
Not a good company to work for
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Hunt Valley MarylandMay 29, 2013
The worst place to work in the defense industry. I was laid of without any warning after six weeks of work.. I move my household with great expense.
Productive work invoriment
Flight Crew (Current Employee), CONUS and OCONUSFebruary 27, 2013
A great company to work for at all levels. No issues with day to day or longevity within the company.
Great place to work but with limited opportunities.
Principal Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: parking is nice
Cons: corporate atmosphere changes occasionally
Typical day was predictable
Nice facility in some places
Some management OK
Most co-workers OK

About aai corporation

AAI flies high, with or without pilots. AAI makes aerospace and defense systems, including unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems – Read more

aai corporation Salaries