AAR Aircraft Services

AAR Aircraft Services Employer Reviews

Great place
Production Control Lead/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: n/a
I took on a leadership role early in my time there, great place to work. I learned how to effectively lead a team.
AAR experience
Aircraft Heavy Maintenance Inspector (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 6, 2014
Pros: inspections of several aircraft manufacturers and airplanes models
Cons: poor health insurance and low salaries
WORKING AT AAR HAS PROVIDED ME WITH A EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE NOT ONLY ON THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF MAINTENANCE AND QUALITY CONTROL, BUT CUSTOMERS RELATIONS.
Decent place to work- great to gain experience
Mechanic 3 (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity to grow and learn
Cons: difficult to comunicate with management
Just like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. I will say this much about AAR. There's ample opportunity, for those who seek it to learn and advance to a certain point. If not for the opportunities available within AAR, I wouldn't be where I am now.
Work place is calm
Cabin Mechanic (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: the management team allows you to be responsable for your job duties and make decisions on your own.
Cons: no cons
A typical day would be checking my work load would be learning new computer skills, completing aircraft kits, reading blue prints on the aircraft, and communicating with management. My co-workers are nice and helpful. the most I enjoy about my job is learning new skills.
productive enviroment
Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARSeptember 18, 2014
2 ten hr. shifts four days a week and one 8 hr. shift 5 days a week, pay period every 2 weeks, constantly stay busy , average binafits, normal paid holidays.
TOOL CRIB ATTENDENT (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2014
The staff is friendly and the work is very challenging.
I enjoy working in the Aviation Field.
Only good for gathering experience, NOT long term.
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 23, 2014
Pros: gathering experience.
Cons: everything else.
Overall its not a professional environment and management treats employees horribly.
Good place to start a career.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2014
Pros: great place to get your experience
Cons: management
Day starts with a 15 min or longer meeting about priorities and trying to clock in since you can't clock in till 5 mins before work so hectic. Drawings are so vague about how to install the modifications. Ask questions generally anyone will help you out. Upper Management has no clue on what's going on with the workers.Manuals for 717 aircraft have too – more... much information missing. The hardest part is completing the paperwork. Best part of the day is when you can clear a task. – less
Ok place to work if you have thick skin.
Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2014
Pros: good pay, great city, great team leads.
Cons: managers, treatment of shifts
The company would be a whole lot better to work for if the managers and head supervisors would listen to the people out on the aircraft doing the work. Getting hired on for what is suppose to be a long term contract and getting laid-off four months later due to managers mismanagement. Also the treatment of swing shift and mid-night shift was horrible. – more... If anybody got called off, which does happen in this line of work, 95% of the time it was people on swing or midnight shift. Individuals on days would be getting 50-70 hour work weeks but the majority of people on swings would have 10-30 hours. A very large majority of the lay-offs came from swing and mid-night shift with very few from days. Moreover there was a lot of who you know, not what you know in certain hangers. – less
Take great pride in the work performed by demonstrating professionalism, enthusiasm and perfectionism.
Administrative Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 28, 2014
Pros: excellent work relationship with direct high level management
Cons: no room for growth
Generate Power Point presentations in anticipation of meetings/conferences for customers/clients.
Organize and create detailed expense reimbursement reports for General Manager and Customer Relation
Directors (5) for timely monthly payments Manage and track the payment process with the accounting department to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner.
Maintain – more... GM’s calendar -- plan and schedule meetings, teleconferences and travel. – less
Messy environment but lots of place to improve
Master's Student Intern in the Shipping Division (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 31, 2014
I would arrive on given days and work with he clerks to come up with solutions to a better performance. Redesigned the layout of the shipping department and created a more controlled work space and method in order to make better use of limited time and space.
Maintenance and Repair Operations
Buyer (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAFebruary 19, 2014
I purchase aircraft parts, GSE equipment and tooling for the MRO. We currently do maintenance on A330 aircraft.
Don't work here
AIRFRAME AND POWERPLANT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, long hours, management bends policy to meet current needs, etc.
This is the place to work if you thrive on long hours, poor management decisions, and intimidation.
i'm I going to work today
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: nice place, resources
Cons: inconsistant work schedule
Everyday working at this place I wondered myself if I was going to work today or be sent home.
It is job.
Machinist 1 (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 25, 2013
Pros: decent benefits and vacation.
Cons: management, poor planning of projects.
Work load unpredictable. If it is busy it usually because a project is way behind schedule. Company never wants to buy proper tools or equipment to complete the job. High turnover rate. Management doesn't understand what the workers need and doesn't care to know. Poor communication between management and employees. The best part of the day is clocking – more... out. – less
Fast Paced and comfortable work place
Production Controller (Former Employee), OKC, OklahomaOctober 30, 2013
Production Controller
•          Data entry and audit of all work cards.
•          Maintain daily and weekly inventories for all work cards.
•          Oversaw the production and printing of all work cards.
•          Responsible for maintenance and status for all aircraft production booth.
AAR
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2013
Great place to work. My supervision is kind and competant. My coworkers are easy to work with and fun to be around. The company really tries to take care of it's people.
One of the lowest pay in the aviation industry
Aircraft Inspector/Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: the pay raise was very low, that is why i moved.
Lots of promises that are never kept.Lowest pay scale I have ever seen.Training was fair, work environment was good.
professional people and attitudes
Quality Control NDT Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2013
Pros: ability to grow and lead
Cons: health care costs, however they are high everywhere.
good co w/ future growth potential. leader in MRO business, competitive in all employment aspects.
Fast paced with no real direction
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 22, 2013
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: short breaks and lack of pay
AAR isn't the worst place to work and would be alot better if the pay was more. For the most part everyone there is great to work with. It is fast paced and constantly providing new problems to be fixed.

About AAR Aircraft Services

On much more than a wing and a prayer, AAR provides a wide range of products and services for the aerospace and defense industries. – Read more