AAR Aircraft Services Employee Reviews

work
SENIOR TOOLROOM CLERK (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2017
work is work, the people around you make it fun and effective environment, you learn to adapt to continuous change around you, helps to keep you alert
Overall OK
Avionics Technician III (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2017
Definitely a good place to start as an aircraft technician either on the A/P side of things or R/E but it doesnt pay well in the grand scheme of things and there is no room to grow or advance.
Pros
Great atmosphere good programs for military great place to learn
Cons
No room to advance and terrible pay
Good Company
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 11, 2017
Worked there for almost 5 years before i was terminated. Management wasn't the best at times, but all in all it was a good place to work with good people. Very Veteran friendly company.
Not bad, but needs a lot of help
INTERN-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2016
Management sucks, pay is sub par, and good freaking luck getting a promotion unless you know the right people. People fight tooth and nail and constantly back stab each other. Stay away.
Good place to work.
Airframe and power plant mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at AAR. I miss it. Ability to work many hours. Good training. Great co-workers. Challenging and rewarding work that made you feel proud to see the plane you worked on fly away.
Cons
To far from home town.
Aircraft Industry
Administrator, Sales & Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 19, 2015
At the time I was there the management wasn't what I would consider good but the overall workplace was good as well as my co-workers.
Steady aircraft input which allowed for business to be sustained.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2015
Management turn over and employee relations suffered at times. Overall management of resources was lacking. High employee turnover. While facilities for aircraft maintenance was quite adequate, management of the facility and it's potential was not fully utilized.
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
Management disconnect.
High Paced Environment
Records Auditor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2015
Good place to start a career in aviation if your goal is to be an Aviation Technician. They give you all the tools to succeed and a lot can be learned since the type of work isn't limited to certain checks. Facility handles all type of A/C checks.
Pros
Lunch paid for
Cons
healthcare, compensation
To many chiefs not enough indians
support tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2015
Worst heavy maintenance facility i have ever worked in, no communication between supervisors and leads. And zero communication between leads and mechanics. Everybody there is only out for them selves and does not care about anyone other than themselves. It is pretty impressive at how that place stays in bossiness.
Pros
Cons
Dont work there
Would not recommend except for new A&P's, and only if you negotiate a decent pay to begin with
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2015
Great place to start out in aviation, but not beyond that! Management is run like a country club of good ol boys. Pay across the board is completely unregulated. Someone with no experience could come in making way more than an experienced person just because they need that skill at the moment.Training is a laugh and you're constantly thrown to the wolves.
Pros
Carefree use of off time depending on the mngr you have at the time
Cons
Unfair pay, huge top-down management, poor training
Productive and fun place.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 1, 2015
The company and its leaders are good. When we do not have work, you have to stay at the hotel without pay - that's the hardest part. Job is by
the book always, as usual!
Overall good experience
employee (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 30, 2015
Buisness is up and down. No stability. Poor upper management good co-workers. Rotating shifts were horrible. Three out of five
Great people and great workplace
Stock Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2015
A fast pace and hard working environment filled with ups and downs in work all year round. An accepting environment and friendly oriented facility.
Fantastic Entry Level Accounting Job
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. It was a great first job after college.

My typical day consisted of journal entries, account reconciliations, preparing tax forms to pay governments, accounts payable, creating and analyzing budgets, and miscellaneous financial reports.

Management is laid back, and there is a great work ethic. Lunch was frequently eaten while working. There was a drive to be productive, but the stress was not overbearing.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Volatile economy
Great company
Level 2 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 2, 2015
enjoyed working for AAR and really enjoyed my work and my accomplishments, didn't mind the drive to and from work enjoyed helping the mechanic helpers whenever they had a question
Best job I ever had but didn't pay much
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  OKFebruary 25, 2015
Great company, good benefits, low pay but wonderful folks. I would work for them again and still talk to my friends there to this day.
very nice coworkers
Sr. Too Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2014
I did like my job as Sr. tool clerk for many years.Company offered good benefits to its employees.
Great place
Production Control Lead/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2014
I took on a leadership role early in my time there, great place to work. I learned how to effectively lead a team.
Pros
great team atmosphere
Cons
N/a
AAR experience
Aircraft Heavy Maintenance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2014
Working at aar has provided me with a extensive experience not only on the technical aspects of maintenance and quality control, but customers relations.
Pros
Inspections of several aircraft manufacturers and airplanes models
Cons
Poor health insurance and low salaries
Decent place to work- great to gain experience
Mechanic 3 (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2014
Just like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. I will say this much about AAR. There's ample opportunity, for those who seek it to learn and advance to a certain point. If not for the opportunities available within AAR, I wouldn't be where I am now.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to grow and learn
Cons
difficult to comunicate with management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAR Aircraft Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6