AAR Aircraft Services Employee Reviews in United States

Aircraft Industry
Administrator, Sales & Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 19, 2015
At the time I was there the management wasn't what I would consider good but the overall workplace was good as well as my co-workers.
Steady aircraft input which allowed for business to be sustained.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2015
Management turn over and employee relations suffered at times. Overall management of resources was lacking. High employee turnover. While facilities for aircraft maintenance was quite adequate, management of the facility and it's potential was not fully utilized.
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
Management disconnect.
High Paced Environment
Records Auditor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2015
Good place to start a career in aviation if your goal is to be an Aviation Technician. They give you all the tools to succeed and a lot can be learned since the type of work isn't limited to certain checks. Facility handles all type of A/C checks.
Pros
Lunch paid for
Cons
healthcare, compensation
To many chiefs not enough indians
support tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2015
Worst heavy maintenance facility i have ever worked in, no communication between supervisors and leads. And zero communication between leads and mechanics. Everybody there is only out for them selves and does not care about anyone other than themselves. It is pretty impressive at how that place stays in bossiness.
Pros
Cons
Dont work there
Would not recommend except for new A&P's, and only if you negotiate a decent pay to begin with
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2015
Great place to start out in aviation, but not beyond that! Management is run like a country club of good ol boys. Pay across the board is completely unregulated. Someone with no experience could come in making way more than an experienced person just because they need that skill at the moment.Training is a laugh and you're constantly thrown to the wolves.
Pros
Carefree use of off time depending on the mngr you have at the time
Cons
Unfair pay, huge top-down management, poor training
Productive and fun place.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 1, 2015
The company and its leaders are good. When we do not have work, you have to stay at the hotel without pay - that's the hardest part. Job is by
the book always, as usual!
Overall good experience
employee (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 30, 2015
Buisness is up and down. No stability. Poor upper management good co-workers. Rotating shifts were horrible. Three out of five
Great people and great workplace
Stock Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2015
A fast pace and hard working environment filled with ups and downs in work all year round. An accepting environment and friendly oriented facility.
Fantastic Entry Level Accounting Job
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. It was a great first job after college.

My typical day consisted of journal entries, account reconciliations, preparing tax forms to pay governments, accounts payable, creating and analyzing budgets, and miscellaneous financial reports.

Management is laid back, and there is a great work ethic. Lunch was frequently eaten while working. There was a drive to be productive, but the stress was not overbearing.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Volatile economy
Great company
Level 2 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 2, 2015
enjoyed working for AAR and really enjoyed my work and my accomplishments, didn't mind the drive to and from work enjoyed helping the mechanic helpers whenever they had a question
Best job I ever had but didn't pay much
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  OKFebruary 25, 2015
Great company, good benefits, low pay but wonderful folks. I would work for them again and still talk to my friends there to this day.
very nice coworkers
Sr. Too Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2014
I did like my job as Sr. tool clerk for many years.Company offered good benefits to its employees.
Great place
Production Control Lead/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2014
I took on a leadership role early in my time there, great place to work. I learned how to effectively lead a team.
Pros
great team atmosphere
Cons
n/a
AAR experience
Aircraft Heavy Maintenance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2014
Working at aar has provided me with a extensive experience not only on the technical aspects of maintenance and quality control, but customers relations.
Pros
inspections of several aircraft manufacturers and airplanes models
Cons
poor health insurance and low salaries
Decent place to work- great to gain experience
Mechanic 3 (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2014
Just like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. I will say this much about AAR. There's ample opportunity, for those who seek it to learn and advance to a certain point. If not for the opportunities available within AAR, I wouldn't be where I am now.
Pros
lots of opportunity to grow and learn
Cons
difficult to comunicate with management
Work place is calm
Cabin Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2014
A typical day would be checking my work load would be learning new computer skills, completing aircraft kits, reading blue prints on the aircraft, and communicating with management. My co-workers are nice and helpful. the most I enjoy about my job is learning new skills.
Pros
the management team allows you to be responsable for your job duties and make decisions on your own.
Cons
no cons
productive enviroment
Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 18, 2014
2 ten hr. shifts four days a week and one 8 hr. shift 5 days a week, pay period every 2 weeks, constantly stay busy , average binafits, normal paid holidays.
TOOL CRIB ATTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2014
The staff is friendly and the work is very challenging.
I enjoy working in the Aviation Field.
Only good for gathering experience, NOT long term.
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2014
Overall its not a professional environment and management treats employees horribly.
Pros
gathering experience.
Cons
everything else.
Good place to start a career.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2014
Day starts with a 15 min or longer meeting about priorities and trying to clock in since you can't clock in till 5 mins before work so hectic. Drawings are so vague about how to install the modifications. Ask questions generally anyone will help you out. Upper Management has no clue on what's going on with the workers.Manuals for 717 aircraft have too much information missing. The hardest part is completing the paperwork. Best part of the day is when you can clear a task.
Pros
great place to get your experience
Cons
management