AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

Outstanding,Terrific and Fun workplace
Aviation Interior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Miami Springs, FLFebruary 14, 2017
My typical day at work starts by greeting everyone and meeting with the managers to discuss what needs to be done on the projects a fun and diverse workplace where everyone from different backgrounds and creeds come together to meet common goals in the company culture management is aware of everything done in projects from budgets to the tasks in every department within the project and and have a layout of solutions to deliver aircraft in a timely efficient manner as finding something hard on the part of the job is when you have to release the aircraft to the customer the most enjoyable part is when we complete the project and that we are all one big family no matter what group and/or project your in we are all in a team and we enjoy many aspects of the job
Pros
Free Lunches and Snacks
very good people
Stock Clerk/ shipping (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJJanuary 26, 2017
nice people and fun place to work. lots of lifting and moving from days to swings to midnight and you need to know how to drive a forklift
Pros
ht lunch
Cons
helps with days off when you need them
Sweat shop.
Technician (Former Employee) –  IndianapoliosJanuary 22, 2017
Worst upper management anywhere! Don't take advice and their way or you are out. Good place for new techs to get started. Treats loyal employees like #@#$%.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Upper managment. Treatment is terrible.
its a job that will always be hiring
Sheetmetal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 5, 2017
they make it impossible to get anything finished in the given amount of time because all the inspectors want different things. management is really bad at timing when the aircrafts are suppose to be coming in, you will work 2 to 3 weeks of 10 to 12 hour shifts and then there wont be anything to do for a week.oh and they have sheet metal mechanics doing interior work because they don't want to hire interior mechanics.
Pros
had a few good lead mechanics
Cons
most everything else
decent place to work
Hose shop operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2017
Pay and steady work is much to be desired here, benefits and hours are alright when compared to other companies but pay and steady work is lacking
Good place to gain experience.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2016
It's a good place as an intern while going to school. Once you earn your Certifications, it would be beneficial to move on.
Great work environment and co workers.
SUPERVISOR LEAD A&P (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 3, 2016
The management is out of touch with its workers. there is no merit for workers that go the extra mile. the in-house tools don't work most the time and when you request a special tool for the job they try to make one that does not work most the time and prolongs the job.
Aar
Deflash (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 30, 2016
The management at AAR was awesome! I enjoyed every area of my job, working there was actually fun. Me and my fellow associates worked as a team to meet our quota. We were all pushing to meet quota because when we did we had our weekends off. I learned the real value of Team work at this company. the hardest part of my job was dealing with the messy faulk that destroyed any clothing it touched.
Pros
Real close to home
Cons
having to shave my beard
Great Place to Work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 27, 2016
The daily activities are pretty normal for a MRO station. The Management team and hanger personal are very helpful and work great as a team.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 3, 2016
Good place to work.Great environment. Modern facility.
Great employees all the free coffee you want. World headquarters of Fortune 500 company. Very clean warehouse.
Pros
Free coffee
Busy MRO Facility
Exec Admin to COO, VP Quality and Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2016
Very busy MRO facility. Great management team, who cares about their employees. Learned all about the airline(s) industry and their required maintenance programs. MRO was located in a very busy part of the city, so driving into work was a bit challenging. Enjoyed working with a great great people.
Great over time
Mechanic in Duluth (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 14, 2016
The management was not so good but fair. I started out as interior technician. My mangers were pleased with my potentials and quality of my work, was always asked if wanted to work over time. The management was very friendly.
Pros
Great over time
Cons
Disorganized management
working with aircraft parts locating them and sending with runners
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 1, 2016
It was a family atmosphere, didnt like warehouse manager, other than that i loved my job. It could be really faced paced at times and alot of headaches trying to locate parts. The lady in Human resources was awsome
Pros
got to leave for lunch, had two days off
Cons
manager had his favorites
Experience people stay away
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2016
If you can deal with the culture of the aviation field, and also can deal with not being paid what other companies pay for their people. Then this is place for you. But if you just got you A/P and need the experience under your belt then AAR is the place to start out at.
Director-Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Garden City, New YorkJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed my 23 years at AAR's Garden City facility.Opportunities for job growth and advancement were very good. After leaving the Navy I started at AAR as a Tech 1 (lowest rating) and left as a Director. Held many positions in differing disciplines. I was also abut 25% travel at one point when there. I only left because I was head hunted away for a better salary with a company in the same industry that was much closer to home and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Pros
Opportunities for advancment
5 guys and I got lay off on the second day of training
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 24, 2016
Went to training for 2 days and same day on the afternoon received a call telling us no to show up tomorrow and that everyone's it's been cancelled sorry for any inconvenience
Cons
Don't hire people if u going to lay them off after 2 days of training
Productivity
Aircraft Mechanics/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2016
Engaging in work activity
Complete all tasks, Per work shift
I have learned that there is room for improvement
for the most part co-workers were fairly easy to work with
Management provide a clean and safe work environment
Not a bad place to get a start
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2016
Lots of good eperience on comercial aircraft. Great people to work with who can teach you alot. plenty of time off with vacation floating holidays and such.
Pros
decent pay to start
Cons
healthcare, managment
Good work environment. Not a reliable job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Worked for company for 4 years, good work environment. But constant layoffs. About every year to 18 months first a hiring freeze so good temp employees can't be brought on, then the lay off. Hire ups will lie to their own managers and tell them they have nothing to worry about. Then when the anouncment is made surprise. Even with perfect attendance, no abuse of sick time, no right ups, they have no loyalty to anyone. I would never return unless under contract.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No loyalty to employees
enjoyed my job
Shelter Tech: (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Going to work knowing that before i got off work i be drowned with all the water i used. But enjoyed my job and my manager and coworkers. Hardest part of the job was push them Military builds in the 400 degree oven,But got help with it. People ther would help you anyway they could. enjoyed been on the first Aid Responder team. Did alot of overtime . worked sometime 7 days a week.Closed down the side i was on got Layoff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAR Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6