AAR Corp. Employee Reviews in United States

Busy MRO Facility
Exec Admin to COO, VP Quality and Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2016
Very busy MRO facility. Great management team, who cares about their employees. Learned all about the airline(s) industry and their required maintenance programs. MRO was located in a very busy part of the city, so driving into work was a bit challenging. Enjoyed working with a great great people.
Great over time
Mechanic in Duluth (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 14, 2016
The management was not so good but fair. I started out as interior technician. My mangers were pleased with my potentials and quality of my work, was always asked if wanted to work over time. The management was very friendly.
Pros
Great over time
Cons
Disorganized management
working with aircraft parts locating them and sending with runners
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 1, 2016
It was a family atmosphere, didnt like warehouse manager, other than that i loved my job. It could be really faced paced at times and alot of headaches trying to locate parts. The lady in Human resources was awsome
Pros
got to leave for lunch, had two days off
Cons
manager had his favorites
Experience people stay away
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2016
If you can deal with the culture of the aviation field, and also can deal with not being paid what other companies pay for their people. Then this is place for you. But if you just got you A/P and need the experience under your belt then AAR is the place to start out at.
Director-Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Garden City, New YorkJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed my 23 years at AAR's Garden City facility.Opportunities for job growth and advancement were very good. After leaving the Navy I started at AAR as a Tech 1 (lowest rating) and left as a Director. Held many positions in differing disciplines. I was also abut 25% travel at one point when there. I only left because I was head hunted away for a better salary with a company in the same industry that was much closer to home and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Pros
Opportunities for advancment
5 guys and I got lay off on the second day of training
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 24, 2016
Went to training for 2 days and same day on the afternoon received a call telling us no to show up tomorrow and that everyone's it's been cancelled sorry for any inconvenience
Cons
Don't hire people if u going to lay them off after 2 days of training
Productivity
Aircraft Mechanics/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2016
Engaging in work activity
Complete all tasks, Per work shift
I have learned that there is room for improvement
for the most part co-workers were fairly easy to work with
Management provide a clean and safe work environment
Not a bad place to get a start
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2016
Lots of good eperience on comercial aircraft. Great people to work with who can teach you alot. plenty of time off with vacation floating holidays and such.
Pros
decent pay to start
Cons
healthcare, managment
Good work environment. Not a reliable job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Worked for company for 4 years, good work environment. But constant layoffs. About every year to 18 months first a hiring freeze so good temp employees can't be brought on, then the lay off. Hire ups will lie to their own managers and tell them they have nothing to worry about. Then when the anouncment is made surprise. Even with perfect attendance, no abuse of sick time, no right ups, they have no loyalty to anyone. I would never return unless under contract.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No loyalty to employees
enjoyed my job
Shelter Tech: (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Going to work knowing that before i got off work i be drowned with all the water i used. But enjoyed my job and my manager and coworkers. Hardest part of the job was push them Military builds in the 400 degree oven,But got help with it. People ther would help you anyway they could. enjoyed been on the first Aid Responder team. Did alot of overtime . worked sometime 7 days a week.Closed down the side i was on got Layoff.

Want to know more about AAR Corp.?

Ask a question
Supervisiors would bring donuts every Friday morning before work.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Help to socialized with fellow works. And talk about the work that had to done and what was need to accomplished our task.
Avoid if possible
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILDecember 19, 2015
This company does not value it's employees and pays much less that what is competitive in the industry. I would not suggest to anyone to work here.
Very bad MRO
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 20, 2015
Not a quality aircraft maint facility, upper management just wants to push A/C out at any means. Very argumentative environment.
Great work atmosphere with great benefits
manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 12, 2015
After 4 years i was laid off. Was a great company to work for but the ability to advance was non existent. Alot of rules that were strictly enforced to the floor but ignored by the management.
benefits
Cons
no advancement
Best experience I ever had
Avionics Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2015
I loved the navy. Not much else to say. It's not for everyone but it gave me everything I still use today. It equipped me with the skills I currently still use today. And while in active duty you can go to school full time.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not traveling
productive and a good work place
Shelter Tech. (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 5, 2015
There are some of the best coworkers at AAR. We all work together to get the job done in a safe way. We all have different task. to do each day and learn from each other. .Projects that come in are all challenging ,but with the team work we have we get the job done.
Pros
heath care and 401 plan
Cons
no cold water
Fun
Assist Powerplant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2015
Always a great day to come to work and learn new things dealing with airplanes.also great people there to help you learn and grow with the company.
Great to mentor young apprentice
Hanger Heavy Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2015
AAR receives many interns from George T. Baker Aviations School and it is a great opportunity to be able to mentor the young men that will soon follow in our footsteps.
Aar
Technician I A and P (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2015
AAR is a great place to work. especially if you are just starting a career in aviation. AAR have a great Atmosphere of people with good attitudes
Working in the Defense systems and logistics department
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CASeptember 18, 2015
My current job with AAR Corp has had its ups and down, but overall it has been a great job for me. I started this job at the age of 19 and it has done great at providing for myself and my family over the last 6 years, but sadly the department I work in has a very low ceiling and you cap out really early. We are contracting with the SCA so are wages do not increase based off of our performance. They are only increased with the SCA rate increases which doesn't happen very often. I have received and experienced many great things from this job, but it is time to move on to bigger and better challenges.
Pros
you get to travel
Cons
you never recieve an increase in pay

2.5