Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employee Reviews

Sucked
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2015
Pros: the health insurance was good but besides that that's it
Cons: 6 day work weeks and 12 hour day left you with no time for anything else
12 hour days everyday. No matter how hard you worked it was never enough. It's impossible to reach your quota. You could not keep employees the place is a revolving door.
product technician's job are hard,but a-lot of positives
Head Product Technician/Collections (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 18, 2015
ran like the mob.its not what you know, its all about who yo know. most work environments there are male conscious.your work you do means nothing,if someone hire up in management don't like you, your fired
demanding
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: enhance assembly skills
Cons: not enough pay for the work
learned a lot about how the furniture delivery business operates.if they would have offered more pay I would have stayed
Part time job while in school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, GAMay 17, 2015
• Managed a team of drivers, to assure all merchandise be delivered in a timely manner.
• Used my knowledge of marketing strategies to promote store merchandise and sales events.
• Assisted customers in their product selection and answered and question about the product.
• Monitored customer accounts, store income, sales goals and quality control of merchandise.
• Worked with credit applications, assisted in managing account balances to include collections
Horrible Place to Work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 16, 2015
Horrible benefits. Limited commission. Small base salary. Little to no training. Small time marketing strategies. Not a good place to work.
Drove and Delivered furniture
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Ripley, TNMay 12, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
Dove company box truck to deliver furniture to customers. good working environment with good co workers. Good hours and nice box trucks to drive
Good Start
General Manager (Former Employee), Lenoir City, TNMay 12, 2015
Good place to jump start your career. Hard work/life balance. There marketing and advertising is backwards. Would I come back to work there? Probably. They pay really well
Felt like i wasnt treated fairly
Delivery Person (Former Employee), Clinton, TNMay 11, 2015
I really enjoyed my job. When I was hired I was not told I had to have a cdl to work with delivery. But after 2 months of work they decide that both delivery guys have to have cdls. Since I take seizure medicine I cant get certified. So instead of putting me in a different position they let me go.
While I was there in those 2 months we went thru 3 store mgrs. Not very organized company.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with repo furniture. Some had bed bugs, mold, nasty stains, animal urine, etc.
The only enjoyable part was a few employees that I worked with.
Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Powder Springs, GAMay 11, 2015
The people I had the joy of working with made the day go by quicker which is good. Some customers you have to work you just have to look at them and bit your tongue.
Ungrateful employers
Part Technician (Current Employee), baytown, tx and houston, txMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for Aarons for while. After a few changes were made I was working extra but being paid less. Other employees were making mistakes that us delivery drivers had to suffer for. owners would visit and I would be "sent on vacation" so I don't "snitch". promotions are talked about, but rare but they do offer some great benefits.
Enjoyed the environment, Unorganized in some departments
Receptionist (Former Employee), Norwood, OHMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed the people and the work at the company, i also enjoyed working with the customers. But the were unorganized in some departments.
A high pace place to work.
Aaron's Sales and Lease (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 7, 2015
The job is very fast past and their is not a lot of down time always something to do. Very good environment with helpful co workers. Best part of job is doing delivers and seeing the smile on customers faces when you delivery their product.
Fun
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Erie, PAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Being inside and lots of contests to increase income
Cons: Late hours
Aaron's is a great place to work if you are willing to put in the time and effort it takes to succeed. A typical day involves a lot of contact with customers on the phone and in person. You will encounter some difficult customers along the way but each day is different and fulfilling. Coworkers are very supportive and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping out the community.
Fun And Exciting company to work for!!!!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: EVERYTHING!!!!!
Cons: NONE
The best job Ive had. Everything about it was great. I learned a lot from fellow co-workers and management. There wasn't any cons to this job. I enjoyed everything about the job at Aarons!
It was a stress full job
Assistant Manager/ Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Blythe, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: To much to list
I would work 5 days out the week 45 hours a week dealing with collections and handling the money and helping the gm on a day to day base
Take this job only if you're desperate
Manager trainee (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Weekly paycheck
Cons: Everything else, including mental health and well-being
There is nothing beneficial about working for Aaron's other than a paycheck, which will be far less than what you deserve. For a company that overcharges customers for merchandise (by at least 100% more than other retailers), they don't spread the wealth at all. Your entire day is literally spent at work, so if you have a family, good luck. 13 hr shifts 4-5 times a week is definitely not worth the sacrifice. Not to mention that this is basically predatory lending where stores are usually located in low income neighborhoods. As a manager trainee or customer accounts manager, all you do is make collection calls. Your job is to get customers to pay their bills, and your job performance is solely based on that. How your job performance can be based on people paying for stuff they couldn't afford in the first place is beyond me.
Aarons
sales person/ PRODUCT TECH (Former Employee), ILLINOISApril 29, 2015
Pros: Its a great and safe work envornment
Cons: they dont work with you on personal needs.
They provide great opportunity for those who love to help people move and who has great communication skills when meeting new people.
Great customer's and store employees
General Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: Working with new businesses and my store employees
Cons: Could not take a day off without upper management being upset. Upper management.
Business to business marketing, conducted meetings each week, telemarketing to increase new customers, collected on pass due accounts. Ordered and controlled inventory. Controlled payroll (overtime).
CSR
CSR (Former Employee), Borger, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: low pay, no raises
DON'T DO IT. The actual company itself is wonderful. They offer benefits right away and environment is generally easy going depending on if you have a hypocritical control freak for a manager or not. You won't get paid the rate you should for the work you will do and it's never good enough.
Fast Paced, Easy Going Enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Redding, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers, Meeting new people and customers
Cons: Pay, Acknowledgment for what you do.
Fun environment with great co-workers. Hard to advance and bonuses are few and far between with the way the system is set up there. Overall not a bad place to work, pay could be better along with more structure.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more

Aaron's, Inc. Salaries