Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great job and company
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunity, compensation, benefits
Cons: hours, poor work/home balance
Aaron's is a great company to work for. There is endless opportunity and great benefits. You get paid for what you do. Work hard, and you'll make good money. Sales and accounts each have there benefits and downsides. For sales, the selling aspect is nothing. It's all of the work involved with merchandising, delivering, inventory, etc. Accounts are tough because you're trying to hold customers accountable to pay their renewal. Either position provides a lot of experience valuable to any career.
Lots of hours, too far to drive.
Sales manager (Current Employee), Kokomo, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: store location too far away
Fun place to work. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part of this job was moving the furniture.
overal great company
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits/opportunity for growth
Great place to help people get the things they can not pay cash for or finance.
great place to work, when the Divisional Sales Manager isn't there.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Philadelphia, paJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: gm is great
Cons: divisional sales manager is very unprofessional
Alot of unprofessional things going on. People take advantage of there title. Think they can intimidate you.
liked meeting new people
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: getting paid every week
Cons: hours
I love working for Aarons Sales And lease because I was able to meet new people assist with customer issues as well as making decisons
Only a good job if you like who you work with
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good health insurance, paid weekly
Cons: long hours, impossible goals.
Aaron's only cares about the numbers. Whether you are on the phones all day calling your nons or you are on the phone making sales calls, if you do not hit your numbers, you get written up. I worked under 3 different GMs and 2 different RMs. I have always enjoyed my job because the people I worked with were really fun to be around. Once the 2nd GM left, it's been a nightmare. Everything is very unorganized and chaotic. I am the SM but I am doing GM duties and CAM duties. I didn't mind doing it with the 2 older GMs but I don't like the way I am being treated now.
Great Salary and benefits
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 21, 2015
As a DC manager I was given the freedom to make business decisions. They allow you to grow and that's a definite plus. I was able to gain a lot of experience and for that I am thankful.
Fun place to work long hours.
General Manager (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay, fun place to work, something different every day.
Cons: long hours, no family life
You work collections and sales daily. The worst part of the job is going to visit peoples houses. A lot of very dirty places. I learned a lot working for Aaron's. I went around to different stores and helped out several other General Managers with inventory and other aspects of the business.
Productive and fun to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingsland, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
Customer Service Rep, Cashier, unload truck, kept showroom up.
Account payment postings, reconcile and research account discrepancies
Maintained all record-keeping procedures without error.
Good place to get management experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Vidalia, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Aaron's is a good place to get management experience due to the high turnover rate. You have a number of different employees so you quickly learn different methods to motivate employees. The job is based on preset goals that take total dedication to attain. You must be able to work a flexible schedule because you may be asked to work long hour to obtain monthly goals. In the event that you reach the goals as prescribed the rewards are substantial but it takes a total team commitment to obtain them and the long hours make it difficult because people have lives but the company doesn't attain for that aspect in the objectives.
Great Job to have
Driver / Product Technician (Former Employee), Irwin, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: sundays off
Cons: day wasnt over til every delivery was finished
As a delivery driver I handled a lot of furniture, always had a partner for the big deliveries. Learned many different lifting positions during my time at Aarons.
Manager-in-Training (Current Employee), Utica, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: fun family enviroment
Cons: collecting on delinquent accounts
I enjoy working at Arron's, there is a family atmosphere in the workplace and I love the sense of accomplishment when you are able to help customer's with there needs.
Questionable ethics
General Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: difficulty sleeping at night
Usury concept taking advantage of those on fixed incomes, Carrot on a stick compensation plan. Closed Sundays,
Rent to Own with a twist
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJanuary 14, 2015
You can advance, however a "Good Ole Boy" mentality still exist within this company. It's not for everyone
Used to be better
Product Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: enviroment was fun at the beginning.
Cons: took a bad turn and was worked more, and paid less.
Worked past midnight. Constantly. Never saw my family.

Worked there 2 years and and barely "earned" $1.00 raise. Industry became over saturated with rent to own companies, and Aaron's had no plan for it.

Manager began fluffing numbers and massaging sales only to send us to pick up merchandise in less than 3 months. Constantly overselling customers more than they could afford. Bed bugs were a problem.
Hardest I've ever worked
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dundalk, MDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: decent pay, some opportunity to advance.
Cons: long days, short breaks, very physically intensive.
As a sales manager your responsibility is setting up the sales floor, and moving product to the loading dock when it is sold. I ended up doing the job of a delivery person because the locations I worked at were short staffed. Moving and assembling furniture for 10-12 hours a day is no easy task.
its the people not the job
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 13, 2015
the whole company is great its just the people that you work with. if your coworkers are great then working wont be a hasel
Bad work enviroment
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: sundays off.
Cons: everything else.
I worked for Aaron's for 6 months. In my time there I was directed to call customers on a daily basis, which was fine considering the line of work. However, for customers who were very late on payments I was told to call multiple times a day. One such incident included calling a customer every 30 mins until we got an answer. This was very excessive. I work from 8 A.M. till 9 P.M. every day and after calling for a few hours I was on the road until closing. Pay was very low and work morale was horrible. My general manager made firing threats on a weakly basis, which he thought would get better results. The used furniture was never cleaned. The prices and total amount customers would pay was way too much for the cheap products Aaron's was selling as high quality. Do not work for such a company. Run away.
absolutely awful
customer service sales (Former Employee), hillsboro ohioJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: money, commission is blown way out of wack, manager very double sided, work load
worked as a customer service sales person. You have to buy your own shirts that you are required to wear for 40.00 to 50.00 a piece. This comes out of your first check. So first check is nothing. You get paid 9.00 an hour and they will not go higher. Say you will get eval once a year and get raise then. That never happened. You work with a red headed manager that talks about everyone to every person there and then when you confront her that you were told she talks about you she says the person that told you was a liar. She will get in the middle of your sales and end up taking them over. Then you do not get your extra 1.00 to 5.00 a sale commission. They want you to do 60 sales a week. This is impossible. Then it is 60 new sales every two weeks. This is still impossible in this area where there are two other rent to own type companies less than one mile from us with better deals and quality furniture. Told you would earn an extra 300.00 to 400.00 a month commission. This is not possible at this store.
Theres no problem at all but the hrs didn't work with me
Customer Services/ Seller (Former Employee), 1078 W. Santa Fe St in Olathe KS 66061January 12, 2015
Aaron's is a great places to work, I didn't have no problem. My morning time at work was processing the forms from new customers, need to call the landlord, employee, and the references to verify the information give from customer. After processing the form I putted on my supervisor's desk so he can approved. After the I work on files, check that every furniture in the floor has the correct prices. During the day I answer the phone, help customers in the store. taking payments. building tables, lamps, etc.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more