Aaron's, Inc.

1.0K reviews

Aaron's, Inc. Employee Reviews

CEO and Management genuinely cares about their employees
General Manager (Former Employee), Layton, UTAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, promote from within, competitive pay, achievable bonus structure, good training
Cons: Retail = long hours and sometimes must work Holidays.
Never have I worked for an employer that was so involved in the community and their employees. With Aaron's - The Smith Group Franchise, I felt like I mattered and my hard work was appreciated. I started as a Customer Service Rep with no experience and moved up to General Manager within the 4 years I was with the company. Even when I was a lowly little CSR my Regional Manager took notice in the work I did and coached me into promotion after promotion. It came with a lot of hard work, dedication, and training, but he at least took the time to make sure I was given every opportunity to move up in the company if I wanted to. And I saw this with every other employee too. They have excellent training programs that really give you the tools to move into management positions and really climb the corporate ladder. They always look to promote from within and I really like that because you can really build a lifelong career. And of course I wanted to! The benefits, bonuses, and compensation were great and I loved the people I worked with! I would definitely recommend working at Aaron's - Smith Group because they are the kind of employer where the CEO and managers genuinely care about their employees and that is a very rare find.
New people everyday
CDL B Driver (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Breaks and discounts
Cons: Low pay
A nice place to drive and make a little money doing so get some experience in and gets you prepared for future jobs and gets your foot in the door for most jobs. Co workers are nice so are the managers very proffesional, a good day at work would be often drive to locations and everyone helps each other out
fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: bonuses, long lunches, environment
Cons: long hours
I loved working here. Great opportunity to move up in management. Also got lots of bonuses for meeting goals. I would recommend working here if you love challenges
GREAT COMPANY
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Haltom City, TXJuly 31, 2015
TEAM WORK PLAYS A BIG ROLL. YOU HAVE TO BE VERY ENERGETIC/ OUTGOING PERSON IN ORDER TO MAKE SALES. GET FAMILIAR WITH THE PRODUCTS IN THE COMPANY AND THAT CAN BE PRETTY HARD SEEING THEY GOT SO MANY PRODUCTS.
Very lucrative company!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Greeneville, TNJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for advancement
Cons: Dangerous Home visits
My responsibilities for Group Success International included growing the company in sales by providing the customer with knowledge of water and air purification systems. Closing deals with regular home owners, corporations, and small businesses.
Great people in a great place with a great mission.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Good People, great mission that the company seems to hold dear to it.
Cons: Although every job has its challenged, I truly enjoyed my stay at Aaron's
Aaron's is a high pressure and high activity environment where there is no time to slow down and everything has to be done yesterday. That said, I really enjoyed that portion of the business, but interacting with customers and promoting sales was what I love doing there. A typical day started by opening the store and turning off the alarms. The store was then walked to make sure everything was opening ready and all electronics were both turned on and secure. I was responsible for the drivers and I one CSR to assist me with the front end activities of attracting customers and closing sales. Almost every coworker I knew were great people who cared about their performance and making the store better.

The hardest part of the job was always being able to make sure the 30 daily things I had on my plate could be done simultaneously with the help of delegation and teamwork.

The most enjoyable part of this particular job was helping people who may not normally be able to be approved to get traditional credit could actually begin to rebuild their credit with Aarons.
New franchise so there was a little room left to grow as far as the company.
Operations Support Manager (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLJuly 30, 2015
I enjoyed working and helping people. The business was interesting. On a typical day we would lease and deliver furniture. I loved my co workers. The hardest part about the job was taking back merchandise when customers could not pay.
FUN AND FAST PACED
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Craig, COJuly 29, 2015
Pros: WORK PLACE
Cons: LATE HOURS
LEARNED ALOT ABOUT ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AND WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS TO MAKE TIMELY PAYMENTS TO MAKE IT TO OWNERSHIP OF MERCHADISE
Great concept, no execution at store level
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Newnan, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: really great healthcare benefits, pricing
Cons: store level management
Upper management is wonderful, open door policies, listens or pretends to, open to ideas but at the store level it is constant work with no time for a lunch but you're reprimanded for not taking one, all marketing I did was done off the clock either on lunch or off days. It really has potential and I feel and hope this experience is unique only to me.
Always something to do and learn.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Binghamton n.y.July 23, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers
Cons: Long hours
A typical work day consist of finding new ways of gaining customers, fulfilling job requirements and maintaing showroom appearance. I've learned how to better market, better assist customers in what they need and can afford while staying within there means. It was a pleasure meeting the ever changing bosses and staff members. I love the job and all I have gained from it and the customers I have made special bonds with they became family seeing them every month and helping them with obtaining things they might not be able to get else where.
Fun Place to work
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJuly 23, 2015
fun place to work when u get along with co-workers but where i work the management team sucked and complained about everything
Productive and a fast-paced team oriented work place as an accounts manager
Account Manager (Former Employee), Cortez, COJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Team work oriented, customer satisfaction
Cons: losing customers for non-payment on merchindices
Good atmosphere and co-workers got along. Management made sure that all workers were treated equally. The hardest part of the job was working over 13 hours a day at least 3 or 4 times a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was all departments in the store were great team players and gained customer satisfaction.
Great fun work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lawndale, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: travel and meeting people
Cons: collections on expired accounts
Never a boring moment. This job was fun, challenging and rewarding. If you ar the type that isn't ok with doing one thing all day this career is for you.
Life working at aarons
Accounts Manager, Aarons Sales and Leasing (Current Employee), Elkhart, INJuly 19, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
If you have any type of life, Aarons is not the job for you. The management here does not care about your family or your needs, the only thing they care about is making money for themselves. If you do poorly in the job that you are in however, have no fear, because they will put you in a different job instead. If you do well in the job you are assigned then they will ship you to a different store with no care how it will effect you, and place the person that performs poorly in your position because they can not perform the job that is open at the other store. You will not have a family life whatsoever, so tell the family you will be able to see them for a hour or two a day on the days that you work
dont work for this company!!!
Product Technician (Current Employee), massachusettJuly 16, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
bad rates, company makes money over employees specially pt,you not only do pt duties , others departments too , while they are making commission pay and you get nothing.

plus they charge for delivery and they keep the money!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJuly 15, 2015
The company is a great place to start a career. I loved the way the are willing to help people who can not afford or does not have the credit to get product anywhere else.
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 15, 2015
I would like to have more work/life balance and a more set advancement opportunities. Management has been very well except for one manager I have had.
Too much drama, not enough compensation
CSR (Former Employee), ERIEJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Hourly + commission
Cons: poor management, low pay, too much drama dealing with low class customers
All in all its not a bad place to work, but the pay structure is weird and not competitive enough to compete with other high end sales jobs. They basically start you off at $9-10 an hour and expect you to do 30 things. Frustrating place to work because you never feel like you accomplish enough.
Great environment and fun workplace
Inventory, Warehouse, Service Manager (Current Employee), ‘Aiea, HIJuly 14, 2015
Just a 9 hour day, working with the best crew and management, dealing with customer issues, loading up the drivers for deliveries, cleaning and maintaining the warehouse and store room. The hardest part of the job is that I can't get to everyone's concerns in one day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my crew because they became my family.
Physically demanding job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No advancement. Poor pay.
Everyday consists of unloading and receiving service items that need repairing. A lot of heavy lifting and paperwork. The great thing is that I am the only person at the service center which gives me time to accomplish other tasks that may not get done with the hustle and bustle when all of the technicians are here during the day.
Headquarters