Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employer Reviews

Collections
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Russellville, ALSeptember 27, 2014
Collections is all they have me doing. The Merchandise is not quality.
Good place to work.
Product Technician (Former Employee), Smithfield, NCSeptember 26, 2014
Aaron's is a great place to work.Work is not very hard and the supervisors and managers are good to work for.
N/A
Assistant Regional Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2014
Enjoyed Traveling and enjoyed meeting new people every day. Enjoyed starting my day in a new store every day.
It's a definate challenge.
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 23, 2014
Rent to own industry is another step all together. I am a manager trainee and
Very intense and fast paced atmosphere.
General Manager (Current Employee), Oakdale, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: incredible teamwork among the management team
Cons: management is required to work without a day off, sunday the store is closed so that is the only day off that is given.
I put over 100% of myself into my work. My success is based on my personal goals to achieve the maximum I can towards company goals. I have worked for this company for many years from when it was owned by a franchise to being a corporate store. The company standards are consistent and achievable. The other managers I work with have also been working – more... long term. Employee retention is at a higher rate than most companies. I enjoy teaching my crew how to succeed themselves and achieve great things within this company. The challenges are making all customers happy with the service and results we provide at our store. – less
COMPETATIVE AND GOAL ORIANTADED WORK ENVIORMENT
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: helping people get what they need or want
Cons: can be long days
A typical day at work would be getting the day planned and organized, setting your team a goal to accomplish and getting things done. Selling product to new and current customers, as well as collecting payments on existing customers.
Learning how to overcome difficult situations with different solutions. Managing time, people and other unforeseen obstacles – more... and still getting the job done. Working in a team environment like this, is just like in a family. You work 40-45 hours in a week and sometimes more. The hardest part of the job is that it takes a big part of your day with the long hours. Enjoyable are the times you know you were able to help a person with getting something they really needed and were otherwise not able to buy. – less
Great job if you don't like sitting at the desk all day.
Product Technician (Former Employee), Springdale, ARSeptember 20, 2014
Load and unloading merchandise. I learned how to install/uninstall merchandises. Co-workers work great but management lacked working as a team. Hardest part of the job is moving merchandise to a upper floor.
Lacked a Structured environmnet
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Grenada, MSSeptember 17, 2014
The GM had great bias among the employees and would throw a fit and threaten certain employees for even trying to get a drink and others were allowed to do anything at all that they wanted including sleep or disappear for hours.
Hardest Part of Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Leesville, LASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: in town
Cons: corp phone calls daily
New management therefore all employee were stuck in their old way, within my first week 2 employees had quit and 1 was fired.
Balance between work and life.
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: laid back work environment
Cons: still growing
An ideal company ,one the company and its employees helps each other in mutual development. Where I utilize my skills and abilities and can gain more knowledge.
Great place to learn how to handle budgets
General Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: bonus potential was great
Cons: taking merchandise like refrigerators from guest that needed it but could not pay for it.
Started morning making collection calls to guest that were past due. This was 80% of the job. In the evening usually made home visits for people that were not able to be reached by phone.
Get ready to work a lot of hours depending on job title
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 15, 2014
I used to work for 60 plus hours a week with overtime being your best way to make money but you were never home. A lot of run ins with micro managing regional managers
clean business workplace environment
delivery driver (Former Employee), Clearfield, PASeptember 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping every customer find everything they were looking for and making sure they were happy by the time they walked out of the store.
Aaron's is a good company, but stay clear of the National Support Center
IT CUSTOMER SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 10 minute breaks and poor management
Aaron's has really good benefits which makes up for the pay not being extremely competitive. The management at the National Support Center is severely lacking. There is no consistency in scheduling and you have to fight to use your earned vacation time.
loved meeting and helping new customers
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bridgeport, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: got to see the new tv and gaming systems before they were out in stores
Cons: worked long hours for little pay and had money taken out of check if people were late on payments
stock the showroom floor and make sure everything is dusted and clean. Answer the phones and take payments over the phone and in store.
NICE PLACE TO WORK IF YOUR NOT A REAL BUSY PERSON OUTSIDE OF WORK
Product Technician (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no time for yourself or family after work and no weekends off for delivery drivers
IM TOO ACTIVE TO STAY IN THIS LINE OF WORK. I NEED TO GET BACK INTO SCHOOL AND WITH A SCHEDULE 11AM-8PM THERE IS NO TIME FOR SCHOOL.
Long hours and very small pay
Driver/Product services (Former Employee), Jacksonville, Fl.September 9, 2014
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: lots of hard work for little pay
Learned how to up load updates and repair laptops. My co-workers where a very hard working group. It was very difficult moving furniture up stairs.I did enjoy helping the customers with their needs.
retail
Driver/Product Tech (Former Employee), Dunn, NCSeptember 9, 2014
love meeting new people and unloading trucks and driving to the different locations and helping out customers
Failing enterprise.com
Sales Manager (Current Employee), SCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: none.com
Cons: every stinking thing
Though I enjoy providing excellent service to loyal customers, it is definitely safe to say that Aarons Prey for Pay Company. Given the poor quality of merchandise and outlandish cost for low income poverty stricken consumers to reach ownership, Aarons ranks right with the worst of predatory organizations.

Sold a bill of goods along with most of Aarons – more... disappointed associates, I bought into the lies line and sinker. You're constantly set up to fail and are always at the mercy of how miserable a human your Regional or GM is that day. Run.....Run.....Run!!!!!! – less
company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VASeptember 8, 2014
this is a great company work for they are a understanding company that's care about the employee's they have working around the world.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more