Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employer Reviews

Demanding work schedule, with multiple requirements with not enough pay
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 24, 2015
Learned multiple parts of the job
Management does not train new employees; left on your own to figure out new job desciptions.
productive and fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / SALES (Current Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Its a very fast paste job .... Their is team work, but sometimes they lack in communication. I enjoy the challenges and contest that they provide for you to win extra cash or gift cards. The hardest part of the job is getting to know all the SKU of each item.
Nice Enviroment
CSR/Receptionist (Former Employee), N. Charleston, SCFebruary 23, 2015
It has been a while since I worked there. The management and co-workers were great but I did not enjoy my job there. I want more out of life I want a career.
I really enjoyed working for Aaron's!
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: the work i did could be could be represented in a quantitatively for all to see.
Cons: working late every night
I really enjoyed working for Aaron's and would consider going back to work for them in the future when certain change in my lifestyles happen. The reason I had to quit Aaron's was because my personal life couldn't coincide with work. After I graduated from Clemson, I decided to move to Charleston because of the endless possibilities and fast-paced life style and Aaron's required me to work until 10 pm every night. This forced me to drop all of my weekday activities and most of my weekend ones too. All that being said; I really enjoyed the work and the opportunity to advance as high as possible with hard work. I honestly miss the relationships that I worked so hard to build with my customers and wish Aaron's the best of luck.
Great work environment/ Atmosphere
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough compensation
Set business up for the day open doors, get cash drawer, take bank deposit. I learned different ways to market and how to manage delinquent accounts. The people are what make the company. It is a physically demanding job.
would not recommend working for Aarons
PT (Former Employee), AlabamaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: evrything else
I worked at Aarons for over a year And one of the benefits as a product technician is you get "stop pay" for every delivery you make. Your suppose to receive this pay at the end of every week however my GM had it set for the end of every month. Nothing to complain about on that end because I would receive a larger amount because of taxes and all, but.... I only received this pay twice! I was supposed to receive over $500 in back pay and I have not seen a cent of it. Its always excuse after excuse.another instincts is one day the store was closed due to snow and no one could make it to work, the RM said we would still be paid but the GM refused to pay us. The GM's couldn't care less about the customers and because of that the PT's such as myself always got the complaints from customers. Countless times have me and my work partener had to "save" the relationship between the customer and our store. At times the GM would refuse to return a product just to make his store look better.
To sum it all up, they charge too much for bad products, the sales team is very rude and condescending, PTs are treated like scum and over worked for such low pay.
Unreasonable working environment
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: health
Cons: working thru lunch and if you are not a christian you could never get your holidays off
I was management at this company and there is no culture the employees talked to management anyway they wanted to but management was disciplined if they corrected. Management was made to work thru lunches alot of time and have unreasonable goals
Would not recommend working here
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GaFebruary 14, 2015
No job security. People are getting laid off. Not a good work/life balance.
The benefit are decent but the compensation is not. Management needs to be revamped.
need better wages
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tri-Cities, WAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: steady work.
Cons: upper management
sales pressure are intense, performance evaluations. high turnover ratio. need better wages for job functions. store management is great.
Great place to work.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I processed and input information. I greeted and helped customers. I cleaned and organized the store. I made coffee twice daily. Etc.
nice place
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln Park, MIFebruary 5, 2015
management sucks!! cute uniforms loves comission!!! nice furniture great discount very convient location.. buy here pay here business
Stagnate Decrease
Production Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: always had work to be done, made the long days fly by
Cons: stores success, gm turnover rate, incompentant rm
4 different GM's in a years time can't anyone realize just for a sec this might correlate to the RM being the truer issue! Or maybe even further up the latter in most cases. Must be nice to have, rah rah reeetail manager powers to point downhill on someone and throw your heavy weight gut on someone littler than you hehe,

However,

Learned some good stuff I must say, video training I never got to finish completely, but I managed to learn through trial and era with the refurbishing materials.

Favorite thing easy, I loved making something that came back destroyed, look like new again.. Fun, fun, and truly a rewarding feeling, but I cant get that type of feeling clean from head to toe.

Over I'm glad I was let go considering circumstances, your pain my gain yeah :D

For all or any that might consider my opinion look else where for a job. There's similar jobs that commission most of your pay that will be better for the pay scale. Least with the subsidies and estimating costs in its better or equal to work at your locate fast-food joint.

Great Developmental business for high school kids to get broad basics to operate a buis.
terrible
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCFebruary 2, 2015
terrible company to work for. no room for advancement, low pay, and even more terrible work environment. Worse managed company ever.
1st Job out of College
Auditor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Traveled 75% of the time as an auditor. First job out of college and leared a lot working in the auditing department. At the time they didn't have any advancement so i looked for something close to home
Great Company to start at and build customer service skills
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Aaron's is a good starter for customer service and great opportunity to grow in the company. There are downs to the company beginning in the rent to own business, but it one of the best companies. Management and employee's are very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Aaron's help me learn great customer service skills, juggling multiple tasks, and finding solutions for customers. A very easy job with flexible hours.
Friendly Workplace
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Sterling, COJanuary 30, 2015
Every day you get to experience giving a person something they want at a cheaper price than most rental places that they could not otherwise afford at retail value. This makes people happy and excited when the aaron's truck shows up to deliver their furniture whatever it may be. We provide great service, free delivery, and a friendly environment.
Working for Aaron's Inc. was a great experence.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Smyrna Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Aaron's Inc. was a great place to work. The down side was job & home balance with teens in the house. The management was very nice and great to work with.
Great advancement opportunity, horrible hours
General Manager (Former Employee), MississippiJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: easy advancement opportunities
Cons: horrible hours and crule upper manaegment
Aarons is a great company to work for as far as compensation, advancement opportunities, and benefits. The upper management once you get into the management position is really rude and hard to deal with. As a GM you would get multiple phone calls daily downing what ever you are doing. There is never a good compliment for doing good is always bad. The hours expected to work is the hardest part of the job.
Great job and company
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunity, compensation, benefits
Cons: hours, poor work/home balance
Aaron's is a great company to work for. There is endless opportunity and great benefits. You get paid for what you do. Work hard, and you'll make good money. Sales and accounts each have there benefits and downsides. For sales, the selling aspect is nothing. It's all of the work involved with merchandising, delivering, inventory, etc. Accounts are tough because you're trying to hold customers accountable to pay their renewal. Either position provides a lot of experience valuable to any career.
Lots of hours, too far to drive.
Sales manager (Current Employee), Kokomo, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: store location too far away
Fun place to work. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part of this job was moving the furniture.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more