Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employee Reviews

Loved the customers
Customer Service (Former Employee), HinesvilleJuly 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. The customers and the associates made it a very exciting work place. Each day added something new. Also I liked the fact that at times I was able to travel to other store to work.
Family Oriented
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Maricopa, AZJuly 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no breaks aside from lunch
The hours are sometimes long but very rewarding, Very upbeat and fast paced. There is great communication between upper management to store level associates. Lots of learning opportunities.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 1, 2015
Pros: paid vacations, Bonuses, Incentives for reaching sales goals, Had healthcare
Cons: quarterly file audits i wasnt a fan but i was the only one who done them with complete accuracy!
Greeting customers selling the house hold merchandise such as furniture, electronics, computers, televisions, washers and dryers.
I would often have to order the product the customer is looking for.
I would take payments and process orders and track the orders from the time it was loade4d on the truck till the time it was set up in the customers home then I would do a follow up call to make sure the customer was completely satisfied.

The regional managers were great even the district manager was great. The original general manager that hired me was great. when he left to take over a new store and the assistant stepped in his place for the time being is when things went bad. he started throwing little pieces of paper down my top and winking at me I called HR no one ever called me back he would get so close to me just so he could rub up against me I finally confronted him about it and he just started treating me as if I had done something wrong yelling at me calling me the b word in front of customers so I clocked out and went home at 530pm shift wasn't over till 7pm but I didn't feel comfortable being alone with him any longer. the next morning I came in and he fired me for job abandonment. HR called me 2 weeks later and said he had been fired and ask me to come back but I declined the offer.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was helping someone complete there home and making them as comfortable as possible.
sometime fun.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterville, MEJune 29, 2015
I wish my co-workers liked their job more. It would make it more enjoyable and that our customers always came first. I really enjoy when I get the chance to connect with the customers and make their experience personal.
A day at Aaron's
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Hinesville, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: good work environment, promotion potential, associate oriented
Cons: i have no complaints about Aaron's Inc.
Aaron's is a fast paced, goal oriented store whose culture is focused specifically on the customer's satisfaction. 0900 I would come in get out the money drawers and prepare the store for the days work. between 0900 and 1100 the rest of the crew would show up for the days shift. Promptly at 1000 the doors were opened the mornings are usually slow I would use this time inform my sales team of their goals and duties for the day. I would then go and handle any service calls that needed to be handled. Once that was done would help load up the truck for the days deliveries and ensure my drivers had all appropriate paperwork for the deliveries and for the truck such as DOT cards and daily checklists. Once they were out I would check up on to ensure was doing as instructed. I then would continue my sales manager duties such as sales calls, pricing the items on the floor, and pulling new product to replace the product that had been sold already. At the end of the day i would do the deposit and count the money in each drawer with help of the accounts team. Lock that in the security room safe and lock down the building for the night.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hammond, INJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Slow Work Day
The environment here is very inviting. Everyone is so friendly & almost like a family. The atmosphere is always filled with high energy. All the sites & sounds flow together.
boring, not enough business
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Brady, TXJune 28, 2015
They'll hire you as a manager in training but change you to customer service representative, it's how they get you in the door.
Very competetive, plenty of opportunity for bonuses and advancement.
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2015
Pros: Plenty of career opportunity and incentives.
Cons: Work is life.
This is a job with long hours. It can be stressful depending on your position. 50% pleasant customer interaction, 50% unpleasant. This is not your typical retail or sales business. This is Lease to own. Maximum commitment means maximum reward.
fun work place
pt (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 26, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: mistakes made by others that make my job harder than needed
A typical day at work for me included check book to see what deliveries are going out for morning. Then I would pull orders and load truck. Fill holes left on floor if needed. Then off to deliveries.I learned how to organize my time and routes, so I do not waste more time. I have worked for many managers in my time with Aaron's. I have built a good rapport with all.I work well with all my co-workers.The hardest part of my job were unforeseen circumstances. The best part of my job is knowing I am working and helping my customers and building my store.
Working for Aarons
Driver & Delivery (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 25, 2015
Pros: great healthcare paid weekly
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work is simple come in check out the route sheet see all the deliveries you have and prepare to load the furniture you will learn a lot about the new items that come in to the store.
Fun workplace, with great co workers and a great atmosphere
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, great co workers, awesome General Manager
Cons: Doesn't offer competitive pay, Deliveries and returns in poor weather conditions
I contact about 200-300 customers a day in regards to deliveries and returns, service issues, problems making renewal payments, and concerns and complaints. I've learned a lot about customer service and dealing with difficult customer situations. Love the job overall, just dealing with staffing shortages causes us to have low performance numbers, and doing deliveries and returns in poor weather conditions are the hardest thing about Aaron's
Quick money/ no life
Store Manager (Current Employee), texasJune 24, 2015
no work/life balance is possible when managing a store. The money is good, but not worth the time and stress that comes with the job. Even if you run a top 30 store, your job is never safe and you are always told what you are doing wrong, never thanks.
Great Beginner Customer Service Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAJune 24, 2015
This position allowed me the ability to fully extend my customer service skills and explore other areas of the retail world. During my time at this position, I was able to learn about new products that benefited the customers as well as my own personal product purchases.
Did not like it at all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2015
I did enjoy SOME of the people I worked with but I was very glad that I left when I did. way to much drama. No motivation from management
Very rewarding experience
Assistant Customer Account Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Camden, SCJune 22, 2015
In my time at Aarons it was a great work experience and I enjoyed the actual lessons that I learned from being in the work force and I enjoyed those lessons that I recieved.
No work and life balance.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), AustinJune 20, 2015
Terrible work environment! It is always unorganized, you have no help. Merchandise is always breaking down and be prepared to resell "Roach" infested merchandise that gets returned from customer homes.
Good Job, Good Co-workers
Senior Regional Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2015
I enjoy my time with Aarons, I guess that's why I've been here so long. Good workplace, with good co-workers. I think the opportunity for advancement is undoubtedly here, as well as a strong training program with an emphasis on culture
Aarons employment
Parts technician (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 19, 2015
not fun. everything is from the inner circle if you are not included. drivers get treated like dirt. and general managers do not care for personal life.
Be Prepare to be in a Horrible Work Enviromet
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Selma, CAJune 19, 2015
Terrible work environment! It is always unorganized, you have no help and for some reason you always have racist co-workers working there. Merchandise is always breaking down and be prepared to resell "Roach" infested merchandise that gets returned from customer homes.
Its OK
Account Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
Long Hour, No work life balance, The culture is everything with this company. If you have the right general manager then you will be fine.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more

Aaron's, Inc. Salaries