Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Great company and Program
Accounts Manager / Sales Manager (Current Employee), ConnecticutApril 16, 2015
1.a typical day at work start with strategy meetings to define our goals and create an action plan to obtain our daily goal
then I call customers that has non renew their agreements (45 calls per hour minimum) at the same time I couch our customers about their accounts and I update information at every contact imputing on the system then we work every customer file
I generate a list of customer that I couldn't contact by phone and then I field visit them to remind them about their payments
back at the store I assist with the customer service and sales , take payments and schedule futures appointment to pay, review our progress and results and discuss them with my team , I make a second round of calls , then I prepare the Bank deposit and petty cash reconciliation among other things
2. What I learned :On all my years on the company I have learned many things both sales and collections as well Management employees
3.Co-workers: great team
4. Hardest part of the job: the long hours 13 hours a day 8 am to 9 pm
5.What I most enjoy about my job is been recognize by my employer and my team every time that we obtain our goals
A great company to interact with customers in both sides of the business , Sales and Collections not too many options to grow once you get to assistant Manager
It was a great job for learning and skill building in accounting. I helped the company in a lot of ways and the company helped me in a lot of ways.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, MSApril 15, 2015
A typical work day was walking into work, clock in and get to calling all customers who had pass due accounts. I learned how to deal with different people and their mindset about their bills. Management was kind of hard to deal with some times but sometimes it was very needed. I had some co-workers that was very lazy but I also had some hard working co-workers. the hardest part of my job was having to go and pick up items customers stopped paying for. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the required percentage at the end of the period.
A learning Experience/Opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Garden City, KSApril 15, 2015
Pros: I can't add anything here
Cons: I can't add anything here
During a day at Aaron's, As the Assistant Manager you may have to handle multiple services that come into the store or called in. Your job in this case would also be calling customers behind on payments to collect on, also driving to a customer's house to speak to them on their account. You can learn alot if you commit yourself to learning the fundamentals; customer service, accounting, sales, profit/losses, and so much more. Management where I was at was great, we would effectively communicate what was handed down to our employees. The hardest part of the job is a work/life balance; if you do not have a family, then this job will take away alot of your time to have one. the most was the customers! every day a new person who needed help, needed to pay, or just needed to talk.
Love it
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Villa Park, ILApril 14, 2015
Aarons has gave me a new start on life. I had learned so many new things, love working with new people everyday. The managers are great and the team is fun.
The job title is very decieving
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 13, 2015
As a Manager Trainee there is no actual manager training or skills required .Basically your a collections agent helping people keep their account on track.
fun place to work
repossession/collections (Former Employee), Redding, CAApril 13, 2015
I really enjoyed this fun upbeat work place. Great coworkers and great customers. I really enjoyed helping the customers reach their goals of ownership
Growing Professional Culture
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2015
Great work environment
Learning new design aspects daily
Changing of previous culture
Great co-workers
Travel frequent when workload picks up
LEAD PT DRIVER (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, coworkers, management, customers, driving, and continuous work.
Cons: No social life or family time.
I enjoyed working with my team while being productive though out the day. I liked driving my box truck and learning my way around Providence and Pawtucket. I've had to calm down angry customers and come to mutual agreements which was at times challenging but I enjoyed using my problem solving, communication and customer service skills.The hardest part of the job was never leaving at my scheduled time although I did not mind the overtime, family time is equally as important and I would have liked to be home at the end of my shift at least twice a week.
Great place to learn about the sales industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 10, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, Comission
Cons: Short Breaks
Coming into the expectations were clear, we were to start off by
1) Processing new products
2) Staging the area for the day
3) Making Sales calls
4) Closing sales for products
5) Processing paperwork

This job came with great management that helped keep the enviornement light and exciting. When I first came onto the job I was worried that I would not be able to sell anything but with the managments help and training I quickly became a top producer and gained valuable knowlege of the industry.
Major favoritism and low pay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 9, 2015
The company only pays the CSR's 900 a hour to build beds, help with sales, so all the paper work run the whole floor while management gets to sit down all day and place phone calls.
fun and great place to meet new people
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Horn Lake, MSApril 6, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: poor pay
great advancement opportunities and fun work environment. Managers work 45 - 50 hours per week. Not a great work life balance, due to starting work at 10am and closing at 7pm. Pay also needs major improvement. You will gain a lot of knowledge and experience.
The special forces of Aaron's franchisees
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 6, 2015
The franchise I work for has an extensive knowledge of the business - every facet, every aspect and every program. With more than 15 years in the rent-to-own business, I thought I knew a lot. This franchise is chocked full of experienced executive level managers who can train, support and guide all managers to a successful business.
active work place
Product Technician (Former Employee), Central Islip, NYApril 3, 2015
Pros: compensated for overtime
Cons: experiencing difficulty with furniture in some homes
come into work, prepare merchandise required for deliveries and have supervisor confirm deliveries. Load the truck then go out on the road and deliver the items to customer homes.
A good place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Obetz, OHApril 3, 2015
Working at Aarons was very interesting. Everyday I went in knowing it was going to be a very busy day. Management was good to their employees. Employees helped each other . The hardest part of the job was all the heavy lifting that I would do.
Good job
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), El Centro, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Change of Pace
Cons: No work/life balance
Good benefits, busy, changing, work environment. Learned about shipping receiving merchandise. Management was poor and disorganized. Co-workers were generally pleasant. Hardest part was collecting money from past due accounts. Most enjoyable part is field visiting past due accounts.
Productive and easy going work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 2, 2015
Pros: Healthcare coverage offered
Cons: No availability to progress
At Aarons a CSR is responsible for answering multi-line phone. They are responsible for greeting customers. We also try to provide customers with merchandise that they are looking for to manage their home. I learned customer service skills. I also learned about furniture and electronics. My co-workers are very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is nothing. It is very easy environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you make customers happy with merchandise they can now afford in their homes.
most mechanics are scammers
Account Advisor (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough hours.
autozone is an ok place to work in, met a lot of mechanics and found out most of them love to scam people. the staff here is very friendly and so are most customers. very easy job but need to make sure you hit your daily numbers and sell that WTJR
Great vision...
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYMarch 30, 2015
The vision is there...
The implementation...not as much.
As a sales manager, the customer is obviously the main focus. I often got conned into doing upper management's jobs rather than getting to focus on my own.
Very fun, productive job
Product Technician (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Traveling, benefits
Cons: Pay
A typical day at work is delivering merchandise to customers, setting up merchandise and demonstrate for customers, travel to different cities and get to meet new people daily.
fast pace work place with great energy
Product Technician (Former Employee), Central Islip, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: no hassle with overtime
Cons: working until midnight sometimes doing deliveries
I'd get to work and punch in and then proceed to see what the orders and deliveries are for the day.I would prepare the orders for deliveries that would consists of various household items such as furniture and appliances.After preparing I would notify my supervisor that I have done so and he would then review my work and determine if we are prepared for the road or not. From there we would go out and make deliveries to customers in their home, assemble the item if needed then on to the next one. After all deliveries we would return to the store, clean the truck up, then punch out.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more

Aaron's, Inc. Salaries