Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employee Reviews

depends on the store
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Perry,April 21, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: too many to list
if you work in one of the top stores im sure life is a little better, however hours are terrible. not good for people with families.
Great place to work but not so Organized.
Product Technician Customer Deliveries Trained (Former Employee), Winter Garden ,FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: learned more then job title due to low staff, expanded work knowledge
Cons: low staff and poor management towards the last year working.
A day at Aaronswould be clock in at 10:00am, to then look over the delivery route book, which consist of delivery's, services ,and returns.
I would then proceed with gathering all my paper work for the route (customers info sheet) which is divided in to morning stops and afternoon stops.Once the paper work is collected we look over to make sure everything has been processed and approved by the general manager.When finished with the paper work i would go to the warehouse to make sure everything is cleaned and organized and all merchandise is cleaned and fixed if broken.Then the staging for the days delivery would commence, this would consist of taking merchandise off the floor and replacing it with merchandise from the warehouse.We then would load our merchandise going out or anything related to our stops in to the truck.Me and my co.worker would then start our stops after loading merch provide 'red carpet deliver' to each and every customer,providing the the best customer service and product knowledge to the customer at every stop!
Once the morning stops are complete,we would then return to the store for lunch.Then after we return from luch the same routine would be followed for the afternoon stops aswell.
Good people to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Wytheville, VAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Good people to work for (franchise)
Cons: high stress for low pay
The store I work at has nice people, upper Management are really cool people. There is room to grow with the franchise I work for. The benefits aren't great. but where are they great anymore.
A great place to move up the corporate latter.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Granite City , ILApril 20, 2015
High energy and motivated company. Work hard and you will get rewarded. Moving up the corporate latter is a fairly easy thing to do as long as your work ethic is proves you want it.
Hours were really good.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Liberal, KSApril 20, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: Unhappy Customers.
I enjoyed working there because they had goo benefits and we all the employees seemed to get along. Having a good working enviroment was also another way to make everyday easy.
Good company
General Manager of Operations (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: family life work balance
Very good company to work to work for. Good advancement opportunities and compensation on management level. Only issue would be work/life balance in management positions. It is a sales and collections business at its core.
A place to start but not to make a career
Audit Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and personal time off.
Cons: Out of touch management
Routine work, old-school company trying to remake itself in a volatile industry. New management is applying bandages to problems within the organization that are not targeting the real problems.
Great place with career advancement
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits, guaranteed full time hours
Cons: there is no part time
The hours are great if you're looking for a full time job with actual full time hours. Always room for advancement.

Management's great and employees are as well
Great company and Program
Accounts Manager / Sales Manager (Current Employee), ConnecticutApril 16, 2015
1.a typical day at work start with strategy meetings to define our goals and create an action plan to obtain our daily goal
then I call customers that has non renew their agreements (45 calls per hour minimum) at the same time I couch our customers about their accounts and I update information at every contact imputing on the system then we work every customer file
I generate a list of customer that I couldn't contact by phone and then I field visit them to remind them about their payments
back at the store I assist with the customer service and sales , take payments and schedule futures appointment to pay, review our progress and results and discuss them with my team , I make a second round of calls , then I prepare the Bank deposit and petty cash reconciliation among other things
2. What I learned :On all my years on the company I have learned many things both sales and collections as well Management employees
3.Co-workers: great team
4. Hardest part of the job: the long hours 13 hours a day 8 am to 9 pm
5.What I most enjoy about my job is been recognize by my employer and my team every time that we obtain our goals
A great company to interact with customers in both sides of the business , Sales and Collections not too many options to grow once you get to assistant Manager
It was a great job for learning and skill building in accounting. I helped the company in a lot of ways and the company helped me in a lot of ways.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, MSApril 15, 2015
A typical work day was walking into work, clock in and get to calling all customers who had pass due accounts. I learned how to deal with different people and their mindset about their bills. Management was kind of hard to deal with some times but sometimes it was very needed. I had some co-workers that was very lazy but I also had some hard working co-workers. the hardest part of my job was having to go and pick up items customers stopped paying for. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the required percentage at the end of the period.
A learning Experience/Opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Garden City, KSApril 15, 2015
Pros: I can't add anything here
Cons: I can't add anything here
During a day at Aaron's, As the Assistant Manager you may have to handle multiple services that come into the store or called in. Your job in this case would also be calling customers behind on payments to collect on, also driving to a customer's house to speak to them on their account. You can learn alot if you commit yourself to learning the fundamentals; customer service, accounting, sales, profit/losses, and so much more. Management where I was at was great, we would effectively communicate what was handed down to our employees. The hardest part of the job is a work/life balance; if you do not have a family, then this job will take away alot of your time to have one. the most was the customers! every day a new person who needed help, needed to pay, or just needed to talk.
Love it
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Villa Park, ILApril 14, 2015
Aarons has gave me a new start on life. I had learned so many new things, love working with new people everyday. The managers are great and the team is fun.
The job title is very decieving
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 13, 2015
As a Manager Trainee there is no actual manager training or skills required .Basically your a collections agent helping people keep their account on track.
fun place to work
repossession/collections (Former Employee), Redding, CAApril 13, 2015
I really enjoyed this fun upbeat work place. Great coworkers and great customers. I really enjoyed helping the customers reach their goals of ownership
Growing Professional Culture
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2015
Great work environment
Learning new design aspects daily
Changing of previous culture
Great co-workers
Travel frequent when workload picks up
LEAD PT DRIVER (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, coworkers, management, customers, driving, and continuous work.
Cons: No social life or family time.
I enjoyed working with my team while being productive though out the day. I liked driving my box truck and learning my way around Providence and Pawtucket. I've had to calm down angry customers and come to mutual agreements which was at times challenging but I enjoyed using my problem solving, communication and customer service skills.The hardest part of the job was never leaving at my scheduled time although I did not mind the overtime, family time is equally as important and I would have liked to be home at the end of my shift at least twice a week.
Great place to learn about the sales industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 10, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, Comission
Cons: Short Breaks
Coming into the expectations were clear, we were to start off by
1) Processing new products
2) Staging the area for the day
3) Making Sales calls
4) Closing sales for products
5) Processing paperwork

This job came with great management that helped keep the enviornement light and exciting. When I first came onto the job I was worried that I would not be able to sell anything but with the managments help and training I quickly became a top producer and gained valuable knowlege of the industry.
Major favoritism and low pay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 9, 2015
The company only pays the CSR's 900 a hour to build beds, help with sales, so all the paper work run the whole floor while management gets to sit down all day and place phone calls.
fun and great place to meet new people
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Horn Lake, MSApril 6, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: poor pay
great advancement opportunities and fun work environment. Managers work 45 - 50 hours per week. Not a great work life balance, due to starting work at 10am and closing at 7pm. Pay also needs major improvement. You will gain a lot of knowledge and experience.
The special forces of Aaron's franchisees
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 6, 2015
The franchise I work for has an extensive knowledge of the business - every facet, every aspect and every program. With more than 15 years in the rent-to-own business, I thought I knew a lot. This franchise is chocked full of experienced executive level managers who can train, support and guide all managers to a successful business.

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more

Aaron's, Inc. Salaries