Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employer Reviews

Location, Location, Location
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good team enviroment, lots of opportunity to move up, good bonuses and comissions, good benefits
Cons: declining industry leads to harder goals, long hours
I love the team I work with at my location. It is really like a big family, and although we have had a lot of turnover, it has always maintained the close knit feel. However I have heard horror stories about working with GMs that are overbearing. The company itself is an excellent company to work for, especially if you are a college grad. given the – more... right management you stand to learn a lot about the industry as a whole. The work life balance sucks, as the rental industry is a get it while you can business. meaning you have to be open and available to get the business that is coming in. That translates to long days delivering merchandise, collecting money and generating new sales. the compensation package, while not ideal, has the potential to be lucrative...depending on your location. If you are selling and collecting, you will make more money, if you aren't, then you won't. the benefits are good, they have a lot of options to choose from as far as health, dental, disability, flexplans etc. There is job security, there is a lot of work to do, so short of stealing or not showing up, you have a very low chance of being let go at the store level. My division as a whole has great management, from the bottom to the top. Inside my store as a manager trainee I learned a lot from my sales, account, and general managers. The regional managers are very visible as they are in each store at least once every two weeks. They are available to answer any questions and they also put in as much time and work as anyone else in the store. The Aarons culture is a good one. They promote a lot from within they have on going training and encourage every employee to learn every aspect of the business. They have clear goals and values set forth from day one. Overall, the work is long hard and tedious, but the right team of employees will make the day go by faster and you can have a lot of fun. – less
Terrible Company
Customer Accounts Manager/ASM (Current Employee), SSM, MichiganJuly 28, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: everything
Arona the Company that franchised the Aarons I worked for is terrible I do not have enough time or patience to describe how many reasons I can give to not work for this company.
workplace
Part Technician Supervisor/ Delivery Driver/ Sales (Current Employee), Clarksdale,MSJuly 24, 2014
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: uncaring, rude
This company is not a career move. The company doesn't really care about their employees. Just as long their merchandise is deliver and they are making money. They are not concern about do their employees have families.
Fast paced work environment
Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Up early, off late
I learned how to be a better communicator face to face with people
some members of management helped you get better at your job
A fast paced job with lots of customer interaction
Product Technician (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: always busy, employees and managers were like family, healthcare.
Cons: sometimes the hours would run late into the evening even after working 12 hours.
A typical day at work started with pulling delivery tags to see what the day has in store. With the tags in hand, I would hunt for the items to make sure the salesmen did not sale an item not available. After preparing the deliveries, the delivery truck needs inspection to make sure it is in proper running condition. Once the inspection is complete, – more... I would load the truck with deliveries, check my route and start. I learned how to deal with customer complaints in a manner that leaves the customer satisfied. The hardest part of the job was the delivery locations, sometimes the furniture would have to be delivered to the third or fourth floor. I love working with customers and knowing that I had a role in their happiness. – less
Excellent Atmosphere
Sales Manager (Current Employee), 12414 S 71 HwyJuly 22, 2014
Great job! I'm a family man and working a lot of hours which doesn't allow me to spend time with my family.
good working relationships
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCJuly 22, 2014
long hours...good money. taxing job and difficult to be consistent.
Not a bad company.
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Picayune, MSJuly 20, 2014
Overall not a bad place just had problems with the gm.The job i had was a 45 hour a week one but i worked over 55 every week. Hours where 8am-9pm mostly.
very sad company to work for
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2014
Having to try to collect money from people who cant afford the merchandise they were talked into rent and if you didn't collect the payment you were always threatened to be fired working 9 to 9 knocking on doors at till 10 min. before 9 people getting upset going to there house so late and going to there jobs embarrassing them in front of co. workers.
Exciting place to work with room for advancement
customer service represenative (Current Employee), roanoke rapids, ncJuly 17, 2014
Exciting place to work and coworkers feel like family. The hardest part of the job is losing people that you have worked with for so long and are like family. The most enjoyable part is the ability to advance in the company and getting the customer to ownership.
Stable work environment
Sales Manager/Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Celina, OHJuly 17, 2014
I didn't mind working at Aaron's except sometimes there was poor management issues and the hours were long. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I hated lifting furniture up a lot of steps. I enjoyed working with the customers.
Difficult
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 17, 2014
Due to some issues with child care, I was let go. It's not like I could have brought my 4 month old foster daughter to work. There were also some issues with harassment from another co-worker (manager)
Bad ethics
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: helping people that couldn't outright afford nice things
Cons: the tactics used to berate nice people
It was a struggle to maintain a balance between your morals and beliefs and the tactics that Aarons used to collect payments and maintain customers accounts. The longer that you worked there the more of the sneaky underhanded techniques you could see implemented into day to day interactions with the public
N/A NOT RELEVANT NOT INTERESTED AT ALL
Sales,and route coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MO. (ST.ANN,MO.)July 15, 2014
N/A TOO FAR BACK,AND NOT RELEVANT NOW.I DID NOT ENJOY ANYTHING ABOUT MY TIME THERE. A VERY BAD WORK ENVIRONMENT
Overall enjoyable experience
Customer Account Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: decent vacation benefits
Cons: 70 hour work weeks for salaried employees
Thrived on the day to day challenges of collections. Found satisfaction in helping customers achieve ownership of their merchandise.
Not for me.
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: two full days off, company car for field visiting customers
Cons: loooong days
I wasn't aware I'd be working any more hours than posted on the door...WRONG. My typical day was 8am-9pm and two shorter days. As a CAM you can expect to be scheduled 50 hours a week. Don't think your such a good collector that you can get it done in less time, because you will work the schedule regardless. You will also find yourself visiting customer – more... homes daily, sometimes all day, to get payments.

I worked with a franchise outfit so the family benefits were almost $300/week. However for a single person $65/week was okay considering the benefits were rather good. I was hired on the "fast track" to be a GM but that didn't seem to be happening. All I did was move from one store to another training people to become CAMS. That was mainly due to folks quitting and or being fired while I was there.

I'm not knocking working there, but it just wasn't for me. I like to respect my customers and co-workers and earn respect in return. It's more of a complaint center due to product and lackluster customer base, when it comes to credit worthiness, expecting to be treated like I-1 credit customers. You'll have to be more of a promise taker instead of an account manager, so therefore, you get managed by customers and employees above you. They will never have your back so do everything you can not to get a customer complaint, but at the same time produce the numbers.

GOOD LUCK – less
Great co workers and fun working place
Product Technician (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch breaks, fun employees and management team
Cons: heavy lifting
Working at Aarons, I greeted and help customers daily about products in the store! Outside the store, I delivered merchandise such as: beds, bedroom set, chairs, computers, refrigerators, washer/dryers, televisions, and furniture. I learned that customer interaction and satisfaction is important for present and future sales. I had a strong management – more... team in which helped me to grow better as a employee daily. The hardest part of the job was carrying heavy merchandise up top floors. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and meeting new people and deliveries. – less
I went through two managers in my time here and neither seemed to care about the health and safety of their employees.
Product Technician (Former Employee), Sherman, TXJuly 11, 2014
There were too many occasions where I would not get paid all of my hours and had to wait 2 weeks or more for my money. When I finally received my hours they would not include my over time. More than once the current manager (07/10/2014) would get overly irritated when anyone would even inquire about their missing hours. They would disregard team lift – more... and the personal safety of their MTs and PTs expecting them to deliver entire bedrooms and living room groups on their own without proper safety equipment. – less
Not for the weak of heart.
General Manager (Former Employee), Tifton, GAJuly 9, 2014
Learned a lot and worked with some amazing people. All in all a good place to work. Just wish there was a better work and life balance.
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: everything
As a franchise, Aaron's policy was not followed. Management was non existent. Co workers fought on daily basis. Ways to move up if you could survive the lack of management.

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more