Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employer Reviews

Depressing and exhausting
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Benton Harbor, MIDecember 22, 2014
Time mostly spent chasing down deadbeats that either don't want to pay their bill or, for some reason, require being hounded until they do pay. My co-workers and managers are excellent, but the job itself just isn't enjoyable.
Great Place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Mabelvale, ARDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great work conditions.
Cons: nothing
Nothing really bad to say about this place. Over time the company is pretty much family. Great place to work whether you're fresh out of high school or looking for a career.
Working here was great!
Account Advisor/ Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Erie, PADecember 20, 2014
Pros: coworkers, management
Cons: customers
The only down side to this job was when you had to make people return the things they leased from the company.
Sales manager
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lilburn, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: has health benefits 401k plan
Cons: no time for family very consuming
The company is great if you have a great management team and like any other company if you don't well than it'll fall apart.
Very demanding yet rewarding positon
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Central New YorkDecember 17, 2014
⦁ Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
⦁ Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
⦁ Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
⦁ Develop or implement product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotions.
⦁ In charge of 6 stores and 56 employees in Central New York.
Awesome Employer
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), High Point, NCDecember 17, 2014
I could not have asked for a better employer. From the moment I started, I was nurtured and taught as much as possible in regards to the leasing sales industry
What I learned?
Product Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, NCDecember 16, 2014
Learn how to improve my work habits, how to be a manager over a great staff, driving a delivery truck and communicating with the public,and having more sales than the other stores
Great culture predicated on integrity & customer service.
Sales Manager/General Manager (Current Employee), Benton Harbor, MIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, hour lunches and comfortable work place.
Cons: work weekends
Comfortable workplace.
Opportunity to grow.
Great Benefits.
Great co-workers
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company, and the co-workers were great. The experience was good. and the chance for advancement was there. Also the hours were reasonable, and the job duties were too. I disliked the fact that everybody has to do everyone job at some point. making it hard to focus on your own job responsibilities.
horrible/hazardous environment
Product Technician (Current Employee), Porter, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: off every sunday
Cons: no lunch breaks, late hours, no family time
I worked there as a "product tech" for several years and most of the days we weren't allowed time to take a lunch due to over scheduling the deliveries.

The title of a delivery driver is a "product tech" and they will tell you its an important position, but when you've been doing it for 5+ years and a customer complains to get a discount you could be terminated. Thats what happened to me.

5+ years with 3 stores I thought i was a valuable asset. I was WRONG.

You come into work (where everything should be organized) and stand around for an hour or two waiting for the sales manager and GM to get paperwork together so that you can load up the truck. when you pull merchandise from the floor, you have to replace it with something in the warehouse. your normally start your shift at 10am. by the time you get out of the store its generally about 12. you could have upwards of 15 stops a day (not to many to do) bu they route them based on the customers needs so you could be north of town on one stop and the south of town the next stop. When you do this for most stops the average 10 - 12 stops have you working until 11 or 12 at night sometimes. the latest i ever had to work was 3AM. This was only one isolated time in the 3 years, but there were several times that I was there until 12.

The deliveries that you would be making as a "product tech" will be VASTLY different. Anywhere from a 32 inch TV in a camper trailer to a King size bedroom set to a 3rd floor apartment.

Of course, all of these things depend on the management. Mine was lacking severely and I feel if I had been promoted to a supervisor instead of bringing in someone who had never worked at the company before or EVEN BEEN MANAGEMENT that I could have turned things around at my store.

THEY DO NOT PROMOTE FROM WITHIN.
After all, It's still rent-to-own!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: excellent team environment!
Cons: rent-to-own isn't very family friendly for it's employees.
Aaron's offered a great opportunity to work closely with my sales associates. We functioned very well as a team. There was never just one player better than the other. We were quite focused on achieving our sales goals, and were quite creative about developing new ways to increase sales. They were a pleasure to work with!
Only good thing is Sundays off guaranteed
CST (Current Employee), MassachusettsDecember 5, 2014
Pros: sundays off
Cons: 99.99% of the company
So, where to begin..

Rude customers, NASTY customers
Poor management, "1st up" doesn't work

Extremely poor wages

Only 1. Good thing to say, Sundays aarons is closed so automatic day off.
ehh...allright
Grunt (Former Employee), Waterville, MEDecember 3, 2014
Pros: travel, change
Cons: managment needs to streamline better
Aaron's is difficult to work for, The manager at the Waterville location is very incompetent. He is a nice guy, but doesn't know anything about running a store of this magnitude (or what used to be a 1200 customer store). The store needs to get their junk together and team up or it will sink. Customers are walking due to new management changes. The best part was driving to different parts of the state all day. The worst, not knowing what time you will be home every night.
Long Days
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fort Dodge, IADecember 2, 2014
Pros: you can advance into management positions quickly......................
Cons: ....................due to high rate of turnover in some markets
You work 50 hours a week sometimes 12 hours a day calling, making home visits, of sending collection letters to obtain payment if you work on collections, and you make marketing calls, send letters if you work on sales, as well as organize the sales floor and greet customers as they enter the store.
Had to be flexible and ready for many different situations
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Cincinnati,OHDecember 2, 2014
A typical work day at Aaron's was we had morning and evening routes for the day. Sometimes there were a lot of stops to make others times it wasn't a lot at all. We made delivery stops, returns, service calls and field visits. I gained some knowledge about different electronics and appliances that I didn't know so much about before. I also learned how to install appliances such as washers and dryers. The management team was kind of laid back. The hardest part of this job was lifting certain product that was real heavy and never knowing what time I was going to get off.
WOULD NOT WORK HERE
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee), El Mirage, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Cons: Horrible management,No home life,Horrible benefits,They lie,
Work long hours,Bad business practices,Merchandise is cheap,They cut corners and expect you to look other way,Management is not train properly

Pro's : Nothing i wouldnt recommend this place to anyone
the worst company in America to work for.
Manager (Former Employee), Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, NYNovember 22, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: everything
Ghetto company.
leasing rather than sales.
You have to collect on the field from all the garbage of society.
Having to deal mostly with the people from the ghetto.
You have to pick up the merchandise if they don't pay you.
You have to lift heavy sofas even if there is no elevator either to bring it down from the forth floor or up from a basement even if the merchandise has roaches and bed bugs.
Most of the managers came to work for this company from nowhere and they have no idea about store management.
They don't allow you to wear athletic shoes even though you do the workers job as well. They want you to work overtime beyond the 50 hours per week that you are supposed to work sometimes reaching the 70 hours per week.
There is no appreciation.
As you can imagine there is a certain danger going to people's houses to ask either for money or merchandise because you never know who will open the door.
the hardest working underpaid position
Product Technician (Former Employee), NCNovember 21, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no overtime pay, never get off on time
Product Technician is a very demanding and physical job. The pay is not the best especially when you've had a long week over +40 hrs. There is no overtime pay, only straight pay. This position has a high turn over but you'll have to experience for yourself.
Good company to work for
Product Technician (Former Employee), New Bern, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: weather conditions, customers homes
The work was hard. The lifting and moving in any weather condition was very difficult. You spend a lot of time with the other PT and get to know them like family simply because you spend all day with them in a truck. Taking breaks are difficult because they are hard to make time for. You also have to remember to always be careful because your bringing items in and out customers homes.
Where ethics come to die
Corporate (Former Employee), GeorgiaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: no pros whatsoever working here
Cons: hostile environment daily
Aaron's has done nothing but buy off every person that has been harassed by the owners. Find a way to get rid of them blame the poor new CEO for everything and make wrong decisions daily based on people's lives. Hide behind the lies and deceit.

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more