Aaron Brothers Employee Reviews in United States

Probably the best job I've ever had
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 11, 2016
Typical day at work involved coming in, counting my till, facing merchandise, helping customers with purchase decisions, stocking new merchandise on the shelves.

Management was good, friendly, acknowledged the contributions of myself and my coworkers (whom I got along with splendidly).

The hardest part of the job was the commute, honestly. It was roughly a half-hour walk to and from work each day. Since this was my first job, it was just enjoyable being a productive member of society and being able to take pride in earning a living, even though I was making just barely above minimum wage and working part time, I had a roommate who also worked part time, and we were able to live within our meager means.
Pros
Easy work, friendly staff, attendance policy was purely up to store manager's discretion
Cons
Minimum wage no longer a viable living wage
Productive and very creative place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North DallasMarch 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being creative with the frames and mats. Also talking and see the looks on the customers faces after they get there artwork back.
Co orkers were great
Assistant Manager Supervising (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 2, 2015
Enjoyed working with customers, loved helping to choose frames for art. Enjoyed setting up displays. Love teaching staff how to frame artwork.
Pros
working w art
Cons
not enough staff
Productive and Creative Workplace for a beginning worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 17, 2015
Aaron Brothers taught me a lot. It was my first job out of high school, so I didn't have a clue what to expect in the workplace. Nerves ran wild on the first two days, but Aaron Brothers associates really made it a fun environment to work in. I got to meet so many new and exciting people, at the same time I also got to meet some amazingly rude people. The job brought great experiences on how to handle multi-tasking, at the same time as keeping the main floor clean. It was a bumpy start at first but before you knew it I had the floor to myself working solo, while the others were in the back working on frames. I hope to find another great learning experience job that will challenge my abilities and push me to my limits. A job like this one that let me show off my creative side, and my professional side at the same time.
Pros
Walking access to food and coffee, great store front parking, amazing team mates.
Cons
Short breaks, minimum wage, 3am truck nights.
Do not expect help from upper up
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2015
Michael's owns Aaron Brothers. It can be a fun great place, I loved it some days. Do not expect help or answers from higher up. You get a raise once a year and you are lucky if it is more than .10 cents. Associates start at minimum wage, I started at $17 because of experience with the company. I originally started with Michaels. Do not apply here for the benefits because they are terrible and eat most of your paycheck. If it were not for some of my employees and customers I would have hated my job.
Productive, great atmosphere,
Full-time Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 17, 2015
A day at Aaron Brothers, it can be anywhere from enjoyable to grueling. From managing floor sales to custom sales, making sure things are organized the sales are up to date, and designing expensive custom frames. I've learned management skills, how to be a leader, and its great a great environment in functioning teamwork. People bring in their artwork, and we are to design something most fitting to the piece and to the customer. Frame prices can easily run up to 3,000. I picked up one being a salesman rather quickly. Co workers are one of the best attributes that Aaron Brothers has. The hardest part about Aaron Brothers, is the drain it can have, I like being on my feet, I enjoy putting hard work into something, however the multi tasking your expected to do is impracticable. Aaron Brothers is a great place to work, if you love art, and designs, you will walk out of there will trained skills, new perspectives and new friends.
Pros
Flexible schedual, Hands on work, Frame Traning
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFuAugust 13, 2015
Although it took a lot of my personal time, I loved going to work and helping customers with custom frames. Got to meet lots of interesting people with wonderful stories of the things they wanted framed.
Small staff and underpaid employment
Custom framing designer and sales associate (Former Employee) –  woodland hillsJuly 18, 2015
Over night shipment and small staff creates a forced work environment at Aaron Brothers. If you are a lone wolf, you will survive.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
low pay, short staff, poor managment
Great management and work environment
Sales Associate/Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 9, 2015
Job consisted of designing custom frames for clients as well as sales of various artistic supplies. Management was great and my coworkers were always willing to help with anything that was required.
Creative place to work but too much to handle
Full Time Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 22, 2015
I loved working here and I moved up fairly quick. The only thing was when I applied they never mentioned any grave yard shifts and they continuously over work you. If you are a minor then you don't have to worry because you can only work a certain amount but the other staff were the lucky ones to stay long hours and hard work for minimum wage. I loved to help assist customers and come up with creative ideas but I didn't get much help from my co-workers because they were too busy with something else. I'm not hating but they can improve their flaws. Then I get injured and they fired me.
Pros
creativity
Cons
grave yard, pay, poor staff
Exciting work
Third key manager/Active Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Exciting work for artists and art lovers, you get to communicate and assist fellow artists with framing their works. Also assist other businesses and customers frame important items.
Pros
art
Cons
upper management
A creative place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 24, 2015
Loved to create and design custom framing orders, I had a great team who love to learn new designs. I enjoyed helping them to learn how to sell and design.
Fun place for an artist to work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 14, 2015
Helping customers with all their art needs and designing custom frames using special programs that would show the customer the end results in order to get their approval.
Pros
able to use your creativity to design customers framed art work
Cons
usually had to cover night shift with just the framer in the warehouse
Productive fun place to work.
Senior picture framer specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 27, 2014
I was able to learn more about art and what people liked hanging on their wall. Love sales and customer service along with the art.
Pros
exciting working with others talking about art and framing their masterpiece.
Cons
short breaks and cant make up my own hours.
I started as a seasonal employee and worked my way toward management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work includes time management of each individual employee. Ensuring the proper use of equipment, time, and sources. Establish work orders for supplies and merchandise. I have learned how to be an effective leader, govern a team and processes, and most importantly I have learned to inspire and influence a group of coworkers to strive and become a stronger team. I would have to say that the most difficult aspect of my employment is the fact that the environment and teams change rapidly. It is difficult for me because I develop a family relationship with my teams and it is hard to split them up. The most enjoyable detail of my job, without a doubt, is connection with other people. When it comes to fellow employees, potential employees, and mostly clients I enjoy working with and for all of them.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2014
Come in a reach the sales goals of the day no matter what it takes.
Sales
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 8, 2014
A typical day at the work place was a slow paste. I didnt learn to much from this job but one thing i did learn was the customer service. I become a better talker to those i do not know and how to engage. We did have some crazy days mostly around the holidays but even than it was at a slow paste and than just making sure everyone was getting all the right framing. The co workers that were there were all very good we all worked great together and we worked as a team and made sure that all the customers than came into our store was taken care of.
Enjoyed working here
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 26, 2013
A typical day would be making sure all orders are ready to go. Merchandising and making sure the customers are satisfied. I learned how to frame. Management was easy to work with and gave alot of encourgement. Coworkers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was learning how to make a pice stand out in a frame. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a customer happy
Pros
advancement
Cons
n/a
Older crowd, slow on updating training and overall business plan
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 19, 2013
When I entered this company every employee had something negative to say about the company. It was not just pay, it was lack of standards, managers were older and still using old manager ideals and ways. I was a fresh face and trained in the more contemporary management style, which helped for a time. But my contemporary values and a manager that yells at you on a constant basis was not my for tay.

The customers, the art, and the location were the only things I will miss about this company.
Pros
customers, art
Cons
lack of updating company standards and practices when it comes to training
No Recognition for Great Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2013
Different rules for different people.
Unorganized.