Aaron Brothers Employee Reviews

Aaron brothers
Mover (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2017
Aaron brothers showed me how to treat customers and how to take care of people values. Aaron brothers show me how to idolize space for storage places and how to pack moving vans and trucks.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Heavy lifting and not expecting what people have in their homes
Received very little training
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 4, 2017
When I interviewed for this position I was told I would be trained by the person whom I was replacing. She took another position in the same building. After a week she couldn't be bothered to help me.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Had to volunteer to work at one of the retail stores during the holidays.
it was nice for a while
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAMarch 8, 2017
i enjoyed my coworkers but the manager was not very nice. i wish she had had a better attitude. it would have made working there much easier and better.
A hobby can get you part time employment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Art has always been a hobby of mine; I've taken a few classes and learned from a private tutor, but never thought much about how it could help people.

A nice person recommended me a job opening in Dublin when I was down on my luck and I thank you for it. The manager was compassion, but mostly hired me for my knowledge is art supplies and the fact I could lift 50 lbs. of heavy frames; yes, this is a hard working job, but I loved it.

Everyday, I helped people who would buy materials not for themselves, but for their children to enrich their lives in the arts or elderly people who wanted frames of their family. I felt needed and that was enough.

There isn't much of a career in the arts, but art always helps people.
Pros
Helped the community with family needs, mostly picture frames
Cons
Seasonal temp position lay-off
Perfect place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Management was amazing. Work could be pretty slow but the holiday season was quite busy. Schedules were amazingly flexible to school and personal life. I loved my coworkers and miss working there every day. It will be hard to find another place to work as amazing as Aaron Brothers.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Easy going work place. Friendly co-workers. They work with your school schedule and work hours. But one thing is something closing time can be ality.e hectic.
Great environment
Custom sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 15, 2016
Perfect place to meet and work hands on in the art field. Irvine is an amazing area for art and is a prime location for anyone looking for an easy foot in the door.
Being completely honest...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 1, 2016
I am absolutely mind-blown of how horrific this company was while I worked there. I was a shift supervisor for 2 years.

BE READY FOR......

- extreme expectations
- no training
- low pay
- management not caring
- 32 hours as a full time
- horrific attitudes all around you (staff)
- gm/dm extremely close and buddy buddy
- no praise
- not a care in the world for positivity
- NO open door policy
- NO staff members longer than a few months
- NO cares about your needs
...literally scrounging for associates left and right because NO ONE stays!!!

Please, be careful!
Pros
30% discount, cool customers
Cons
Please read
Wonderful experience and exposure to the art field
Full time Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2016
The work environment and experience is one I am very fortunate to have gone through. Individual training and development was very hands on and informative. Was a unique position to where I was able to experiences the life of sales position as well as working with clients on a very personal level. Aaron brothers was a great stepping stone to further my leadership experience.
Pros
Environment, connections, and people
Cons
Poor overall management while company when through changes
n/a
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work where all associates are treated like family. Great company great people and enjoyable working environment.
work day
Full Time Lead Sales (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2016
There were only 6 employees so we all did it all. The things I learned a lot of was framing, setting planograms, Management, Payroll Process, and Merchandising.
Felt like I wasn't listened to.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 3, 2016
I liked working in the store, but I felt like I was not listened to. I was constantly scheduled on days I was not available and had to give up my hours because of it. Not worth minimum wage.
Specialty business trying to reinvent itself.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 8, 2016
Flexible work hours unless deadlines. Lots of executive changes in past 18 months. Michaels owns this company - so benefits align with theirs.
Pros
Flexible hours, paid time off
Cons
Turn-over, changes
Good experience to work under pressure.
shift-lead (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 30, 2016
You learn a lot about archival framing.
Constantly racing against the clock to meet deadlines if you are framing.
Pay is low.
Creative
Certified Custom Frame Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 16, 2016
It was an honor to learn all of the aspects of framing and the artistic background of framing.
Learning to use tools I was unfamiliar with was exciting.
My favorite part of my job was seeing the satisfied look on customers faces when their final product came to completion.
Probably the best job I've ever had
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 11, 2016
Typical day at work involved coming in, counting my till, facing merchandise, helping customers with purchase decisions, stocking new merchandise on the shelves.

Management was good, friendly, acknowledged the contributions of myself and my coworkers (whom I got along with splendidly).

The hardest part of the job was the commute, honestly. It was roughly a half-hour walk to and from work each day. Since this was my first job, it was just enjoyable being a productive member of society and being able to take pride in earning a living, even though I was making just barely above minimum wage and working part time, I had a roommate who also worked part time, and we were able to live within our meager means.
Pros
Easy work, friendly staff, attendance policy was purely up to store manager's discretion
Cons
Minimum wage no longer a viable living wage
Productive and very creative place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North DallasMarch 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being creative with the frames and mats. Also talking and see the looks on the customers faces after they get there artwork back.
Co orkers were great
Assistant Manager Supervising (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 2, 2015
Enjoyed working with customers, loved helping to choose frames for art. Enjoyed setting up displays. Love teaching staff how to frame artwork.
Pros
working w art
Cons
not enough staff
Productive and Creative Workplace for a beginning worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 17, 2015
Aaron Brothers taught me a lot. It was my first job out of high school, so I didn't have a clue what to expect in the workplace. Nerves ran wild on the first two days, but Aaron Brothers associates really made it a fun environment to work in. I got to meet so many new and exciting people, at the same time I also got to meet some amazingly rude people. The job brought great experiences on how to handle multi-tasking, at the same time as keeping the main floor clean. It was a bumpy start at first but before you knew it I had the floor to myself working solo, while the others were in the back working on frames. I hope to find another great learning experience job that will challenge my abilities and push me to my limits. A job like this one that let me show off my creative side, and my professional side at the same time.
Pros
Walking access to food and coffee, great store front parking, amazing team mates.
Cons
Short breaks, minimum wage, 3am truck nights.
Do not expect help from upper up
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2015
Michael's owns Aaron Brothers. It can be a fun great place, I loved it some days. Do not expect help or answers from higher up. You get a raise once a year and you are lucky if it is more than .10 cents. Associates start at minimum wage, I started at $17 because of experience with the company. I originally started with Michaels. Do not apply here for the benefits because they are terrible and eat most of your paycheck. If it were not for some of my employees and customers I would have hated my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aaron Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval