Aarons Employee Reviews

Found 1,107 reviews matching the search
assembly and delivery of products sold
Product Technician/ Delivery (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COFebruary 4, 2016
On any given day I would handle inventory controls, product assembly, loading of trucks daily, following proper routes to locations, safe and efficient delivery and implementations of furnishings and appliances.
kept busy, good workout
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 3, 2016
allow you to do your own thing, always had things to do and enjoyed dealing with customers. having to clean customers dirty product was not very fun.
Pros
good workplace
Cons
cleaning product that was really dirty
No work life balance
Accounts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 2, 2016
There is no work life balance
the pay is not sufficient enough for the work that is done
management could be better
The hardest part of the job is trying to meet impossible goals set for the accounts department
the enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people everyday
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
the pay is terrible
Good experience in customer service and sales
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAFebruary 2, 2016
You are always busy, if is not the phone ringing, you need to answer questions to the people walking in.
It is good to learn skills on sales, by the phone or in person.
Pros
Sundays closed
Cons
Closing time on evenings
reallypoor pay
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 1, 2016
The days were long for only 9.50 ahour we would work 9 to 8
i learned how to use a lot of tools i loved my co-workers we had fun while getting the job done.
Pros
driving job
Cons
poor pay
Was a productive and good place to work in
Product Tech/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Midlothian,VaJanuary 31, 2016
was enjoyable and easy going
how to be a good communicator and people person
was reasonable and easy to get along with
great workers easy to get along with
Aarons-Franchise
Customer Service Technician/Deliveries (Former Employee) –  Brady, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Decent place to work, if you don't mind doing the job of two for half price. Management and staff were great, just demands too much for the pay. Your home time will be almost non-exsistant, so yes you get tons of overtime, and they dont mind paying it, but a delivery driver should be making half as much more than compensated.
Pros
Great job for someone who likes to be on their own.
Cons
Work to home ratio...gone from home far too long
Good job, but has its negatives
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I was a driver, it was pretty easy only when management didn't get involve you could start your day with 10 delivery's and end up with 15 and they still expect you back at the same time. All the furniture, electronics, and appliances that were used were no good!! And the store sold it like that!! I was never given proper training of how to assemble or work some machines. There was a lot of over time and you would get a dollar for every delivery you made which added up. Most holidays you would get off and paid.
Pros
Paid off holidays, meeting friendly customers
Customer service representative/ Sales
Sale Associate/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Politely greet all customers when entering the store. Assist with collecting payments. General knowledge of electronic, appliances, and furniture. Reach Daily goals. Assisted with store presentation to increase sales. Daily Price carding of merchandise. Inventory count once weekly. Promote sales by calling paid out customers.
Been searching for a new job since my 3rd month of working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2016
Job seems like a door opener for better jobs but customers are ratchet always taking things out on you and so does the staff. My boss is great but the people above him are nasty people. Possibly the worst job I've ever had. Long hours and not enough pay for the bs you put up with.
It's an experience
Customer accounts Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Working for Aaron's is an experience, reason is, you learn all aspect's of the job. From customer service, technical issues with merchandise, inventory, management skills, planning and goal structure. Yet job seems to always be on the line if the quotas aren't met. So the job security isn't really there but I've been there going on 3yrs haven't advanced much and spend lot more time there than being at home working 9-9 hours which isn't bad unless your getting $17hr for the stress. Yet a job is a job and this job is good to know you can put up with work and work hard.
Pros
gain knowledge
Cons
long hours, not enough pay, write ups when not hitting goals monthly, no job security
I love working for Aarons
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 21, 2016
I've worked for a total of 10 years ,I watch Aarons grow into the power house it is today . They have a strong management team that will train you for every duty that is expecting of you.
very fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2016
The job was easy foe me because I can sell just about anything to anyone. The environment was fun but when the work needed to get done it got done. Some days were a little stressful mainly every Tuesday (inventory).
Pros
commison plus pay
Cons
inventory
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 20, 2016
Overall good company to work for. They have great benefits! I love the community involvement and the good things they do for people in need!
Decent gig but not a permanent job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chickasha, OKJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work involved making sales calls, collecting customer payments, dealing with customer issues over the phone, cleaning the sales floor and furniture, and resolving customer complaints. There was also a fair share of helping with set up of displays on the floor. Moving furniture was a definite and sometimes you help stage merchandise and set up as well. I learned that most people have bad attitudes, but some people are honest and easy going. Management could use some work, but for the most part they are considerate and helpful. My co-workers were knowledgeable and fun to be around most times. The hardest part of the job is the multitasking about customer complaints and dealing with idiots. The most enjoyable part of the job is attaining your sales bonuses and watching movies in your down time.
Pros
bonus potential and decent pay
Cons
management could be better.
Biggest problem too many hours
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJanuary 17, 2016
Can be a good place to work with unlimited income potential but they do work a ton of hours. Would be really great place to work if the days were not so long
Pros
money
Cons
too many hours
Definitely a great start to a career
Assistant District Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2016
This a great company to work for, I learned the fundementals of sales, collections, and most of all people. The money was good but the hours could be long depending on the staffing you have.
Pros
Great compensation package
West valley Aarons review
manager trainee (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Worked for Aarons for 1 year and the job it self is great but so many people get passed for promotions due to Gender and Race...which i have first hand witnessed.
.HR does nothing because the entire west reg in Az are all buddies and have affairs with staff and no repercussions....they just need to replace the Jr reg mgr B.E and that division would rock! I am not a bitter ex employee..left on great terms but someone needs to do something before another major law suit happens again.

P.gradoe
Pros
Money....
Cons
Make you work off the clock
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2016
This was my first job ever. The management was amazing and they really worked around my school schedule. The company was going through some adjustments and it got a little messy and confusing towards the end of my time there. The new management was highly disliked.
Open environment to learn
Systems and Application Monitor Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 7, 2016
Aaron's IT department encourages seeking and learning new tools. The CIO is very active in every part of the IT group and a force in moving Aaron's ahead.
Pros
Open learning environment
Cons
The strict dress code