Aarons

1.0K reviews

Aarons Employee Reviews

Long hours no value of employees
General Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2015
Cons: To many hours not valued for your hard work
Started at mt moved around a lot promoted to gm after 6 months. Very long hours never enough time with family mangers don't care if you ever take time off tell you that if short handed you shouldn't take time off. I also was due for pay increase and was told that I wasn't getting it not valued as an employee for the work you do if you don't make numbers you don't get anything. Regional mangers talk down to you they preach culture and I believe they don't even know what "culture " is. Overall from regional mangers up not very positive to work for.
fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. The employees were great to work with, the atmosphere was enjoyable which made the day fun and easy.
Good job for teen, great for up incoming sales person
Customer service representative (Former Employee), savannah,georgiaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Really chill, pays great
Cons: unfair treatment
Really Chill work environment , it was not corporate but that was the biggest pro and con. I was the youngest sales person and did not receive the same perks as the managers. they would leave for hours and get "early days"; meaning managers would swap the days each one closed. i was also fired for a crime i was never convicted of. which was total bs bc one of the managers was a recovering alcoholic and had many criminal offenses. Overall it was the best and worse job iv have ever had. I was treated unfairly and made to clean the bathrooms everyday even though i watched the interview tape and it said the bathroom chore was to be rotated amongst positions.
HARD JOB
Account Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 25, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS
Cons: NO LUNCH BREAK
THIS IS A HARD JOB TO DO U HAVE TO HELP PEOPLE WHO HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE. YOU WILL GET SOME PEOPLE THAT IS FRIENDLY THAT MADE IT EASY TO DO THE JOB. I WAS JUST USED TO IT.
unsafe place to work
sales manager (Former Employee), HyannisAugust 25, 2015
was hired as sales manager but as doing servant job, cleaning, putting furniture together, going to dangerous , even scary places to repo furniture. Be away from this place... do not hire people as a manager if the job is not management.
Hard working fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 25, 2015
The management is questionable, but does provide a lot of opportunity for growth, and is a hard working environment to make store goals
Productive workplace
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Hour Breaks
Cons: Mean customers
Great work environment, not a really big staff, everyone was close and looked out for one another we're like a little family. Everyones work ethic was great and made work go by smooth and nice.
It was a great place.
Sales and Outside Marketing (Former Employee), Goldsboro North carolinaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: free popcorn an water
Cons: blue cross blue sheild
I would drive a car around, and hang door flyer's on the door to show customer what deal's we had. my co-workers were great. Really was not no hard stuff to do out there. I really like it there.
Good hardworking job, where the goal is to get everything done as fast as you can,
Product Tech (Former Employee), Natchitoches LAAugust 18, 2015
It was a good place to work. You get there in the morning, load everything up, and drive around all day. Getting to meet with the customers at there house made my customer service skills improve.
Fun workplace but really dirty
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seminole, OKAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches, quiet environment, great benefits
Cons: Cleaning dirty merchandise
The whole store is like one big family and everybody gets along. Very fun place to work. But you do have to get your hands dirty when they get returned merchandise because you are the one who cleans it.
extremely long days
General Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, NYAugust 16, 2015
Pros: great learning opportunity
Cons: long hours
management is expected to be at the store open to close every day, the hours don't allow you to see your family. to move up in this company it doesn't matter how well you do, it is all about who you know.
Overall good job and company for hard working
Customer Accounts Manager/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Circleville, OHAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Stable employment with benefits and easily earned time off
Cons: can become boring and not always as much room for advancement as they say, all in the timing
Overall decent company to work for. Depeneding on your style and whether you enjoy working with people the store jobs versus the warehouse are both very different. The hours at the store typically are longer and weekend work hours are pretty much every week. They do give all employees off on Sundays but everyone pretty much works every Saturday. The hours per day average 9 to 10 hours typically from 9am to 7 or 8 pm. You do recieve an hour lunch but like most I would have rather had half an hour and gone home sooner. The warehouse differs in that the work day is typically 8 hours starting at 5 or 7 and ending by 3:30, with a half hour lunch. The warehouse associates are off weekends. Of coarse the warehouse is physically demanding and you are constiantly busy but some enjoy the non people oriented enviroment.
Excellent opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Employee purchase discount's
Cons: Little time at home
A typical day starts in the morning to review previous day's results,plan for the rest of the week and a team cheer to get the day started.Prioritizing the delivery schedule, service call's and communicating responsibilities to employees.I learned to grow my own business,and provide excellent service to customers.I hired like minded individual's,resulting in a fun and productive atmosphere.The hardest part of the job was the work schedule,i worked from 9 am to 8,six day's a week,it left little time for my family.I really enjoyed the manager meeting's in April.
Relaxed Environment
Product Technician (Current Employee), Meriden CTAugust 13, 2015
Long hours, and job isn't worth the pay. There all day with no life, and bosses don't care what lower level positions have to say.
Very out going place to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Received Bonuses
Cons: Worked every saturday
Working for a company that was big on customer service and always making customers smile. This company is known to serve a good cause for foundations, always supporting the community.
Manager MT
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, Field Visits make the day go by quickly, willing to train
Cons: Long hours, physical labor, working holidays
Difficult job doing collections, sales, and field visiting

You can be going to very dangerous areas to collect money
You will be doing deliveries and installation of large appliances and furniture

If you GM and RM are nice, you will have a pleasant work environment.
Good starting position
Account Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Advancement and pay
Cons: Very physically demanding and possibly damaging
Aaron's is a relatively new company, and exist as franchises and corporate facilities. They are not as organized as senior "rent to own" companies such as Rent-A-Center, yet it does provide employment to non-skilled laborers. The starting rate of pay is not bad for younger employees, although the work is physically demanding. However, Aaron's does provide great advancement opportunities, ranging from account executives (product deliverers) to sale associate, to assistant store manager, to general manager. The pay increases at each level are substantial and could provide a livable wage to non-degree holding employees. The health benefits and 401(k) benefits are relatively attractive if one is able to tolerate the work.
Great Job
Product Technician (Former Employee), Ennis, TXAugust 12, 2015
I really loved the job It was very laid back and everyone treated me very kind there. The job is well worth the life and time.
Stressfull and Dangerous and no job security
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2015
Pros: bouns due to number ofsales
Cons: job security
The hardest part of the job is knowing that you might not have a job due to performance based on customer growth in a low-income housing area
Stressful place, but great practice!
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Always something different to do
Cons: Stressful expectations. Extreme long hours
I've been an employee of Aarons for exactly 5 months I was hired as an MT at a pay rate of 11/hr and now I've been promoted to CAM for the same compensation. It makes no sense to be held accountable and have more responsibilities and have the pay rate remain the same. The job is very stressful depending on the area and your customer base. Since I've started working for the company I haven't worked anything less than 45 hours a week. Asking for a personal day off is like asking to win the lottery you'll have better luck winning it. Employees come and go at an extremely fast pace. So you'll constantly be picking up work slack. As a former Marine, the stress the pressure and the workload is manageable but the goals and expectations are somewhat far fetched. I like a challenge and I love to work but I'm also living in the real world. I thought with a promotion I'd have a better pay and finally my hours of hard work will have something to show for but I was mistaking.
Links