Aarons Employee Reviews

Found 1,852 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Delievery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJune 21, 2017
you get to meet a lot of people during the job. You learn how to fix appliances, and how to move furniture and appliances around a house without causing damage to anything. you can buy anything from the store for less and very easy to make something of your self.
Pros
meeting new people, learning new skills, easy to move up in the company
Cons
low pay, occationally work more than 12 hours, can be stressful
Great environment
Product tech (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 21, 2017
Be mindful of the hours be available for any adversity hydrate be on time be positive have good energy dress appropriately men hair be trim ladies hair in a ponytail
Pros
U can bonus every month
Cons
Slow pace some months
very fun place to work
Account Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 21, 2017
I was very satisfied working at Aaron's for they let me room to grow and took in my ideas.i rate this place as awesome and fun going never a dull moment
Pros
people
Cons
no lunch
Assistant Manager/General Manager/ 50hrs per week (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 21, 2017
Days were very long... Great company for a single person, I think that they should consider having a larger staff. They should also be mindful that individuals tend to burn out if overworked.
terms
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSJune 21, 2017
It's ok place to work. you will have to make sure you have help with children if youre a single parent. This job is VERY DEMANDING. Frequent manager changes.
Fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 20, 2017
This is a job for a high school student that just graduated and is not sure what their next move is. They pay 9-10 an hour depending the location. If you have a family and bills this is not the job for you.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Healthcare is straight
Bring on the challenge!
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (on contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
It can be challenging, but overall it's either for you or it isn't. When it is, it can be rewarding.

Training could be better, but that is something that they have improved on a great deal.
Pros
Nationwide, Promotion
Cons
Training
Fast Pace
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 19, 2017
You will work a lot of hour. You have built in overtime. You will rarely get a weekend off. Aarons pay good bonuses,get the most you can get when being hired. The raises are not that good.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Weekends and nights
ok working place
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 19, 2017
Ok work environment. not that much challenge. I enjoyed working serving the customers, and assisted them on their selections. Caring for my customers were my # 1 priority.
For when you just give up.
Product Tech (Former Employee) –  New Boston, OHJune 19, 2017
The crew is great to work with. Being a PT just sucks. If you have no life to be home for then fine. You do the hard work and get paid less. You will be ran to death. You will keep that position longer because no one else wants to do it. There's a quick turn over for a reason. You can move up but you have a bigger target on your back from corporate. Don't F up on sales or the phone they are always "shop" calling to check on performance.
They really just want a "company man"
Pros
friends u make
Cons
the company
Over expected and under assisted
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 19, 2017
This is a typical "what have you done for me today?" company.
There is an extreme lack of concern for family time in this company.
Also I moved up rapidly in this company however was often left to myself to be able to learn my position. As a store manager I reached out repeatedly to my Regional and was left to handle my issue on my own for 4 weeks. This was as a new General Manger. If your looking for a decent job with benefits I would say a Product Technician (delivery driver) $10 and hour plus stop pay isn't a bad gig, outside of that position I can't say I'd recommend any other position within Aaron's
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Poor development
Fast paced
SALES AND ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 18, 2017
Fast paced but good work environment. Work week can sometimes be more than 40 hours depening upon the need. Team environment where everyone has to work together.
Delivery driver: bad management
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2017
I worked as a Product Technician (DELIVERY DRIVER) for Aaron's for a solid eight months, and could no longer deal with the burden.
The experience started off well, considering my store was fully staffed with the proper employee's. Four months in my delivery partner resigned with a well advanced 2 months notice. No action was put forth to find a replacement, so I find myself delivering/ returning merchandise well over 100+ lbs by myself; fridges, double ovens, washer/dryer units, sofa/ loveseats, etc. This lead to long days and late nights on the road delivering merchandise by myself, returning to the store long after business hrs. PLENTY OF OVERTIME OPPORTUNITY, considering the high turnover rate in the company, but will definitely wear and tear on your body if not provided the proper tools & HELP to succeed.
Pros
hr lunch breaks
Customers are great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMJune 16, 2017
I think this company needs more work on their discrimination on their employees. I really loved my job but when new regional management came in it was all over for the tenure employees. If he didn't like you he got rid of you.
great place to work
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 15, 2017
this was a great place to work, between the other members of the team, the hours and the owners. the collections was the hardest part of the job. -----
Pros
great staff
Cons
Collections
My experience
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIJune 14, 2017
Working for aarons is 50/50 good and bad. I enjoy being out and about delivering furniture, meeting new people. But one thing that i dont like is the people in position to make the route sheet and set our deliveries are not very conciderate! They get to go home at their set time while we delivery drivers have to stay in the field until were done with the deliveries. So when 7pm hits everyone is at home with their feet up while were still out busting our buts for $11.00 a hour! Everything else is fine, may be better if we were paid rightfully for our labor!
Pros
Fun Out And About Getting The Job Done
Cons
The pay isnt enough for the labor
Challenging to say the least
General Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 14, 2017
Aarons is a great place to work as long as you can get along with upper management. Each day is different.Upward mobility can be very difficult as positions do not become available often. Great place to work as long as you are single and do not have a family to go home to at night. Hours are long; especially working in the collection department; 8am-9pm several days out of the month.
Pros
Always something new
Cons
No work/life balance. High work load; low compensation.
not a fan.
Product Technician/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 12, 2017
the job at aarons i had was a product technician, made $10 an hour, moved furniture and appliances, repaired furniture and appliances, the worst part of the job was the house we went into, they were often very dirty.
It was an okay job for my first full time position
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 12, 2017
Every day was the exact same. I learned a lot of leasing furniture, and how much more it costs to do so. My boss personally was a scam artist, and was kind of mean to certain people. It was a growing company business wise, but not much opportunity to grow. I enjoyed all of my regular customers.
Decent
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, VAJune 12, 2017
It is very hard to work here if you have a family. However they will work with you as much as possible. It was not a horrible place just very time consuming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8