Aarons Employee Reviews

Not a family oriented company
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYOctober 19, 2017
The hours at Aarons are insane, they expect you to work 12 to 14 hour days sometimes longer and be OK with that, you have no time to be at home with your family, this job is OK for someone who is single and does not want a family. The team currently working at Aarons is awesome however upper management will all but take your soul away and keep dangling your job over your head. They make threats thinking that this will somehow make you perform better, one thing they need to know is that working long insane hours ruins a persons moral and burns them out it does not make the person work harder to reach goals. This job will ruin your family and social life.
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
long hours, no time for family
NOT A Great place
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 19, 2017
Use to work for this company, the pay isn't worth all the troubles you face as an account associate. The expectations given to the works are beyond reachable at times and getting any sort of bonus is based on reaching your goals.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor pay for the work load
Collections manager, didn't enjoy that line of work
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 19, 2017
I am a desperately looking for a job that requires evenings and weekends. My schedule is flexible. I have a very outgoing personality and can assist customers bilingual in Spanish. I am very reliable and Guarantee to be an asset to your company. I want willing to accept constructive criticism as well. I strive to deliver quality customer service.
Pros
Can multiple task
Cons
Time management
Productive workplace
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 18, 2017
The goal was to sell furniture
Have the customers agree to pay off their items monthly so it is more affordable
Run credit checks
Filed and documented customer profiles
Good company
Parts Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLOctober 18, 2017
Good company to work for. Good pay and good benefits. Paid vacations. Relaxed atmosphere and good people to work with. Competitive pay for type of job worked
Very fast pace and loved working with customers
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 17, 2017
I started off with the company as a temp covering for a worker that was on maternity leave and ended up getting hired thru the company because of the great job I had done and the great relationships I made with the Team at Aaron's.
Pros
Loved working with the customers
Cons
No raises unless you were promoted
decent place to work if you dont mind bugs or long hours
Sales manager/Accounts manager (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 17, 2017
Aarons was an ok job, it was steady paycheck and not very hard work. You will come into contact with roaches and bed bugs, so if that sort of thing bothers you, dont bother applying for them.
I worked there for 7 years, it wasnt the worst job i ever had and the pay was ok. Lots of things to do , so you will never run out of tasks. You will work outside alot, in all weather.
Aarons wouldnt be my first choice for a job, but if you need a job badly, they arent terrible.
Pros
decent pay and benifits
Cons
bugs, dirt, dangerous client-ell
Something to think about
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 17, 2017
I believe this company has changed ever since the founder's culture was lost at heart. Most of the time we would start a work day at 9am then end after 9pm, which would leave me too drained for personal life.
Poor management and unfair wages
Product Technician/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXOctober 17, 2017
From the time you clock in the working day is total chaos. This is because of the lack of communication and management in the store. One person is sent out to do a two man delivery job. If you have to work late, on the last day that time goes in you are required to take a long lunch break so that you still have to work until close. I would never recommend working for this company. Wages are far too low for the amount of work and stress that is required.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts
Cons
Poor management, high level of stress, unfair wages
Stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2017
Working at Aaron's was very stressful. If you worked in collections. Your job was to call customers about payments if they were late. If they didn't answer. You would make a house visit. If they couldn't pay. You would pick up the product.
Pros
Pay
Aarons
Sales (Former Employee) –  2605 N. BroadwayOctober 16, 2017
I worked there for 4 years, i started out at 10.25 an hour, i left making 10.93. their raises were bogus the entire time i was there. the management sucked, they went through employees left and right.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Fast-paced
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 16, 2017
This is a fast-paced, high volume company. There was a management change during my tenure and the styles were evident.We never had an issue with any employees.
Pros
Weekly department meetings
Ambiente hostil
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PROctober 15, 2017
Una compañía un poco hostil con empleados y clientes
Review
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 15, 2017
Hours are long with strict goals. The store is often understaffed and overworked. Upper management does not care whether all efforts are put forth. Pay is good.
Not a great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXOctober 13, 2017
Poor management. Poor pay for the work you do. They have a rule if you damage any merchandise or customer property, you have to pay for it which is ridiculous.
Productive/Hard working/ Fun work Place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkins, WVOctober 12, 2017
Load Appliances, How to put together certain furniture, and sales experience, laid back but hard working when help is needed, sales and delivering, Field Visits for people who refuse to pay, The employees
Pros
fun job
Cons
no career advancement
I can advance to a gm in a minimum of a year if you have a passion for sales and networking this is the place for you
Lead Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2017
It's a great job when There's just no real room for advancement or compensation I have several goal and dreams to fullfill and I firmly believe that I'm not gonna get these things accomplished at the following job
Pros
Interacting with new pails every day and seing new places every day
Cons
Very little time for family and underpaid
lack of communication and leadership
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 12, 2017
a good place to start but unwilling to pay any real money unless you devote 7+ years an become part of the club. if you bring up a problem that is not in there immediate best interest then it is overlooked.
Overworked
Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCOctober 11, 2017
You do your job and everyone else's while they get to sit around and be lazy. Management will usually try to send you to do all the back breaking work by yourself and do it quickly with no mistakes.
Pros
Paid per stop and per hour plus bonus
Cons
You do most everything with no help
great company to work for
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, AROctober 11, 2017
A typical day at Aaron's was pleasing as a Manager. It was like a family away from home. The company took care of the staff and a friendly environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours due to family as Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8