Aarons Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,237 reviews matching the search
Job was really fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJuly 26, 2016
I loved the job, however the current manager was difficult to work with. I loved the daily duties and working with customers.
Productive and experimental
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALJuly 25, 2016
I enjoyed working at Aarons during the time I were there. I showed up to work 5 to 10 minutes prior to the time my shift start. A typical day of work was challenging sometimes but I always completed the goal. I've learned a lot about growth in the manager position and what is good for the company. Management is a position that is earned and not given. I earned my manager positions since I joined the military back in 2009. The hardest part of the job was if the task didn't get completed. I like to make sure everything is done the correct way. There shouldn't be any wrongs when your placed in a manager position. The most enjoyable part of the job was to watch the company grow and seeing my co-workers coming to work with a good motivational spirit!
If you like hard work & pennies for pay....
Product Technician/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2016
This place is just for you. A typical day as a delivery driver has you zig zagging all over the city, back & forth, wasting tons of time because they don't know how to schedule deliveries. In addition to trying to shove their over priced, over sized sofas & refrigerators thru front doors that clearly aren't designed for furniture of this size, once you are "lucky" enough to maybe get it in, it always has to go up several flights of stairs. This is physically draining work which you are paid a whopping $11/hr for. In addition to the low pay, no bonuses as they promise & 1 hour daily deductions for lunch, even though you don't get them as a big city driver, there are no opportunities for major salary increases & the insurance is an absolute fortune. Almost forgot, you have to buy the required uniforms as they don't furnish them. That alone tells you what the company thinks of its hourly store associates. Not very much obviously.
Pros
Can't really think of any
Cons
Low pay, No lunches but they are deducted anyway 1 hour daily, Uniforms paid out of pocket, Absolutely no salary increases or promised monthly bonuses.
Job Security
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 24, 2016
Good, honest, full time work. Dealing with customers daily with large range of personalities and backgrounds. Stores keep small staff so everyone has to do more, but allows you to get closer to your coworkers and be more like a family.
Great compant to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 20, 2016
Great overall experience to work at Aarons Sale and Lease. Typical day at work insisted of clocking in and having a small meeting and start calling customers for scheduled deliveries and processing paperwork.
Not fun at all
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2016
your asked to work off the clock to be able to move up in the company. donate your time for the good of the company.
Not a company that I would refer any one to.
Pros
employ discount
Cons
slavery
Favoritism from the start
Manager in Accounts (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJuly 13, 2016
Loved working with customers and doing my job, kept pushing forward to learn as much as I could. Helped wherever I was needed. Enjoyed working with my co-workers until some childish and very unethical situations could not be handled by management.
Pros
close to home, learned something new everyday
Cons
poor management
great place to work
CCA (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 8, 2016
Enjoy my job . Fun upbeat workplace . challenging enjoy the customers and meeting new people. I learn something new everyday which i love doing.
Pros
insurance, sick days paid vacations, retirement plan
Cons
keeping good employees
stressfull
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2016
very stressful, too much micromanaging and harassment. horrible upper managing but I love the customers co-workers no. the hard part is no team work because of the management
Pros
discount
Cons
management and pay
Very good place to work
Appliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 29, 2016
"Work culture is very nice. Good to work. Benefits also nice." I would recommend this company to anyone I know. Go Aarons!
Fun workplace
Accounts Manager and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARJune 28, 2016
You can easily move up with this Company. They have the best benefits I have seen around and you can purchase furniture at a good rate.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Better pay
Great hours, meeting new people everyday, relaxed work place.
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 27, 2016
Following policy, start at 8 a.m. Daily goals communicated, route mapped out, easily explained and achievable. Great skill to learn and great people to meet. Depending on your manager, your day will go smoothly. Hardest part of the job is collections, trying to remove unpaid merchandise from disgruntle customers, but if all goes too far the authorities are called and handled from there.
Pros
good hours, relaxed setting, great bonds with co-workers.
Cons
pay doesn't match the jobs up front.
It's a job..
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 23, 2016
I enjoy working with my co-workers. My job in itself could be better. I feel the company could do better with how they pay out sales commissions.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Stipulations to earning commission.
n/a
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 23, 2016
Answer phones, general office duties, assist customers with payments and opening an account or adding on to an existing account, schedule service on the products. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with my customers! I learned a lot about them and their families over the course of time with the company. I learned how to look at retail selling in a different aspect.
Pros
every sunday off with family, and all major holidays off too
Cons
no work/life balance
Able to grow in my career
Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2016
It has been a good experience to learn and grow for my professional career and am thankful for the knowledge and building blocks I have been given.
Great Atmosphere.
Assitant sale manager (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work is greating customer in store and over the phone,collect payments and some deliveries.My main focus is to grow the store and collect a high volume of payments.
Pros
Your able to multie task
see previous aarons review
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 20, 2016
a typical day consisted of making calls, updating goals, updating regional manager, taking calls, collecting payments and supervising accounts associates.
Absolutely would not recommend
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2016
This is one of the worst jobs ever. If you are heartless and ruthless then this is the perfect job for you. It is expected of you to spend your entire life dedicated to this job. The upper management is so out of touch and they expect everyone to kiss their behinds. You will never get a raise because it is based on the entire performance of the store. The turn over rate is extremely high because the expectations for all positions are out of this world.
Pros
Cons
No life outside of work, poor compensation, management degrades everyone.
Fun work enviroment,
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, MEJune 19, 2016
-Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know frequent customers
-The hardest part of my job is working with service providers.
-Management is okay.
-Co-workers are great except for a few that don't listen and care to do there job fully.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication/ Pay rate
Only in america
Seeking Employment (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 14, 2016
Sooooo....at first the posting for a job said .....customer service.......then.....as i continue my job search....i notice that it has now changed to ......bilingual customer service......so now i cant apply for a job if i dont speak spanish?......smfh.....only in america

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7