Aarons Employee Reviews

Found 2,001 reviews matching the search
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2017
Lack of management very stressful. One minutes it's this rule and the next it's this one. Nothing you do seem to be appreciated. Only thing thanks pointed out is what you are not doing. Pay changed to bi weekly.
awful place
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2017
worked very long hours for low pay and you are promised alot of incentive and money. Problem is you never actually get these things and when u ask an excuse is always given
Pros
i was a training manager
Cons
long hours low pay
Stable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 24, 2017
Easy job to do, they give you a lot of hours to work, you get to earn commission really reflects on your pay check, they love the holidays and is always fun to decorate according to the holiday.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
breaks
Great Place to work
Retail Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 24, 2017
Management is good. They provide excellent training as well as on hands training. You get to meet with a variety of customers. And while some of them can be challenging, it's good for the soul.
Pros
Teaches you patience.
Cons
It is hard at times to work with clientele that just doesn't want to be helped.
Great easy place too work but nothing's done about the BULLY sales manager
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West TexasAugust 23, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Stressful at times. Teamwork not practiced here. Classes are offered ALL the time for training! Extra courses for knowledge.
Pros
Flexibility for Dr.'s Appt. Sunday's OFF
Cons
Force sales on customers or you'll get written up!
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  HidalgoAugust 23, 2017
Easy job as long as you know what you are doing. Ive learned alot about managing accounts and running accounts. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management who doesnt want to do their job.
Offering customers everyday products that they normally could not afford due to economic status
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2017
Overseeing daily goals for sales and collections, managing a team of 6 people, balancing the stores monthly p&L, being responsible for all inventory and cash flow and maintaining a certain profit percentage each month.
Pros
Great Pay and employees and customers were awesome
Cons
Too Many hours
Productive workplace always busy
Customer account manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 23, 2017
I have been working in the rent to own for over ten years. I really like what I do because I have a good relationship with 80 percent of the customer base and not only do I manage their accounts I'm also one of the top sales people in the store so I recieve bonuses from both departments.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Excellent benefits and bonuses
Cons
Long days, and hard to get vacation time
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 22, 2017
Is a great place to work. Just would like to work from home. Get to meet some great people . Have great customer. Have paid holidays. It also has some heavy items to move and stage and fill holes . But like filing and processing.
Pros
meet some great people
Cons
have to move heavy items
great
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCAugust 22, 2017
this job was good just hurt your back when you have to pick up a big tv. I loved to work so I never had a problem with it the only thing people don't like is when you have to repo people.
Pros
great hours
Cons
bed bugs at people homes

Want to know more about Aarons?

Ask a question
fun and incentive workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNAugust 22, 2017
we were very competitive i loved every last week of the month, it was called ring the bell . we would see who could get the most agreements in that last week. loved it!!
Pros
free lunch all the time
Cons
over a 2 hour drive to and from work and home
fun productive work place
head product tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 22, 2017
One of the best jobs I ever held staff very supportive and Team oriented. Staff comes together for solutions and supports the decisions of the staff members. Very understanding when it comes to personal and work issues and was willing to work with u to secure the team stayed whole
Pros
team environment period
Cons
Worse job I ever had!!! (C0217)
PT/Delivery truck driver (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 22, 2017
Aaron's is the worse job i ever had, my role at Aaron's was a PT(Product Technician)/Deliver driver. Aaron's pays way to little for what they expect of this position the expect you to clean merchandise they you didn't return even though they say you return it you clean it but they would let the merchandise sit in the back when you are busy even if the store is empty and the rest of the staff has nothing else to do. The had me out picking up payments which is not my job, they have you doing two man deliveries by yourself and still expect you to get it done quickly, Aaron's discounts for employees suck butt, and when comes to raises don't look for what you deserve because you are not going to get it not even a percentage of it. Once again the worse job i have ever had in my life wouldn't go back if my life depended on it!!!!!!!!
Pros
Meet nice people(customers)
Cons
poor work environment, poor management, they don't care about employees, don't care about customers, no real perks, hard on your body, don't know how to talk to employees, everybody plays for self, poor communication, no team work at all
Fast paced
Customer Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAAugust 22, 2017
I learned management skills and grew relationships w my co-workers have been able to have a little freedom in my position. Ive learned the business of lease to own
Cons
Not enough in pay
Great place to work.
Licensed Plumber (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 21, 2017
Very family oriented. They take an interest in you personally, both at work and outside of work. They work very hard to keep you busy. Very few days a year that you just sit around waiting on a job.
Pros
The actually care about their employees
Cons
Lots of hours no family time
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNAugust 21, 2017
Not a bad company to work for. Very unorganized with it comes to different levels of management. A lot of hours for really no reason at all. Upper management don't really care about the lower level employees
Horrible management, made to lie to customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLAugust 20, 2017
If you value your ethics and have morals do not work here, they do not care about you, only the numbers, and if you do not do what is necessary to get customers signed up your job is threatened. Don't bother telling higher management anything about what might be going on at store level if its bad because once higher management comes down on the store manager, he/she makes your life living he^%
Pros
learned where not to work
Cons
too much
Fantastic place to work
Account Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Punxsutawney, PAAugust 20, 2017
This was such a fun job, you worked hard, and sometimes it was emotionally taxing but this is the place to work. The team effort was amazing, the culture from other stores right down to yours was wonderful, and the management couldn't be better. The only reason I do not work there anymore is because I had little work/life balance as the hours can be taxing as well.
Pros
Great Culture, Good Pay, Fulfilling Job
Cons
Great benefits with above average salary
CSR (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALAugust 20, 2017
The only thing that has kept me with Aaron's is the salary & benefits, other than the clientele.

Constant change in management keeps things in chaos.

The CSR & PT positions are pretty consistent because Aaron's benefits are phenomenal.

Aaron's is not female friendly.
Pros
Salary & Compensations
Cons
Management changes, not female friendly
Soul Sucking
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORAugust 19, 2017
Aarons was a soul sucking environment, the pay was terrible. Definitely not 30k per year. They try to tell you there are bonuses that help get you to that salary but the bonuses are so ridiculously hard get because of what you have to do that its not even kind of worth making the attempt. I was a sales manager and had no say in anything. They say its your floor, set it up the way you feel it should be but immediately stop you. I spent more time doing maintenance and service calls than i did selling. I wouldnt recommend Aarons to even my worst enemy.
Pros
Hour long lunches
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8