Aarons Employee Reviews

Found 1,433 reviews matching the search
Very Stressful Environment
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 7, 2016
this was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. Delivery Technicians are treated awful. First off we're scheduled from 8 - 6 almost everyday then end up staying from 8 - 10 almost every day. They get mad at you when you try to take a lunch because apparently that's wasting company time. It also doesn't help that my supervisor not only being a convicted felon on probation when I worked there. He also has zero experience as a Delivery Technician even though his supervisor position is supposed to be the promotion from my spot. He just came in and started there. Their Is to much wrong with the store I worked at to even explain everything.
Cons
Shift Never Ended When It Was Supposed Two, Lucky If I Got A 30 Minute Lunch Break.
They have an awesome staff and love throwing events to get all their customers back together and show that they are there for them and they care, Defi
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCNovember 25, 2016
Aarons is a rewarding and fair employer.They have given me many opportunities to advance my career and professional development.Promotion and evaluation has been fair and rewarding.We work in teams one staging for the truck to load while the other fills holes on stage floor, I learned how to reprogram t,v.s and attach cords to dryers. the GM she's an amazing friendly person I had three co-workers all of which are amazing and love to joke when it's ok to ,hardest part was working with the w-29 couches most enjoyable was the hr lunches with great people.
Pros
Excellent in Communication
Cons
scheduling
High Turnover Rate
Sales/Service Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 25, 2017
Awful work/life balance. High turnover rate. Awful base pay and awful commissions. Upper management sets unrealistic goals
Pros
hour lunches, good employee discounts
Cons
bad pay
Please avoid!!! Overrated and overworked.
Customer Accounts Manager (CAM) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 17, 2016
The job was demanding and stressful. One's schedule can change at any moment based on store needs. Long hours are to be expected. Upper management was a joke. The employees were more concerned with gossip than actual work. No job productivity whatsoever. There are MUCH better employment opportunities out here for one's consideration.
Pros
Sundays off! Employee discounts!
Cons
Long hours! Numerous job duties and responsibilities!
no job security
Product Technician/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Poorly run store. Lot of waiting around waiting for others to do their work So you can start yours. You will be made to deliver dirty washers and dryers as well as untested. Management tries to get you to lie to customers. You don't get 15 minute breaks. When you try to take them you get dirty looks. You can get fired for sitting on a couch on your lunch break. Store was infested with fleas for 3+ weeks.Co workers are great..just not management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the incompetence while in the store. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting out of the store and going to different towns every day. I would not recommend this job to anyone. It's not worth the headache. I'm sure other Aaron's stores are run better but this is the worst one.
Pros
you'll get a paycheck...
Cons
everything.
Long hours.
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 26, 2016
Aarons is a well organized company with room for growth. The processes are proficient and well thought out. The hours are very long and the compensation is not competitive.
Good job, not much advancement
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville NCAugust 18, 2016
This is a retail company first, not a Transportation company. Drivers are great. Managers here are great. Benefits are good.
Fun work enviroment,
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, MEJune 19, 2016
-Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know frequent customers
-The hardest part of my job is working with service providers.
-Management is okay.
-Co-workers are great except for a few that don't listen and care to do there job fully.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication/ Pay rate
Fast paced, challenging work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 29, 2016
I have been grateful to work at Aarons for the past year and a half. My general manager is very generous, has challenged me to become my best and as a result I have been able to be counted in the top 20 of all sales reps in our region for several months this past year. The benefits package is good, the only downside is the tradeoff on the high hourly pay versus commission: because Aarons does offer a generous hourly rate and benefits, commissions are a bit low.

I have enjoyed working with this team, there is a camaraderie among the staff where everyone works for the goals of the store.

A typical day in my role as a customer service representative involves greeting customers at the door, selling merchandise based on customers' needs and wants, taking payments, cross selling and upselling merchandise. Additionally, I am responsible for maintaining the appearance of the sales floor, staging merchandise as it is sold and immediately replacing it on the floor with new items.
Pros
Generous hourly rates, health benefits, great management team
Cons
Weekend hours
Great opportunities for advancement and excellent work culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2017
Aaron's is an excellent company to work for. The culture and policies are second to none. The hours can be a but unreasonable, though. It is difficult to keep a work/life balance with their scheduling.
Overview
Customer Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sandersville, GAMarch 26, 2017
You are constantly overworked and under paid. You have little to no time to spend with family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upper level management. They sometimes make you feel no matter how much you do, you should always do more. Even though they were not interested in paying more. I would not recommend the job to anyone with a family.
Pros
Great chance to get experience on a management level.
Cons
Will never pay you what you are worth working for the company. Unless you are certain individuals.
F451 franchise Huntington
Former member (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 18, 2016
The position at this store comes with bedbugs along with lies, corrupt culture, and a RM who doesn't follow policy or rules. The franchise owner has not a clue of the stores and what goes on only what is reported after cover ups of the rm and reports emailed to them. The store has numerous reports against it for bedbugs, also the sell furniture to unknowing "victoms" customers of the bedbugS they are recieving into their home till its to late. I recommend you stay as far away from this company as possible.
Pros
Cons
Owner, management, bedbugs, lies, and deceit
Similar to a Used Car Salesman
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PADecember 19, 2016
Great job for someone with no interest in a work/life balance. If you are someone who enjoys lying to customers, being micromanaged at every step, and being stressed out by pressure for not being able to reach unattainable goals, then this is the company for you.
Pros
Sundays off, because Federal law prohibits debt collection agencies from being open on sundays.
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, low quality work enviroment as a whole
tought but fair job- long hours
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 26, 2016
lot of ot
commission
some management is cool
job is not hard
Pros
off sunday
Horrible experience.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 8, 2016
Coworkers are great. Upper management is a big problem. Sometimes not provided with a lunch break due to poor managing by people that anent qualified. Often 11+ hour day. Work on Saturdays from 730am to 5. Unsafe work conditions and often unsanitary. Only thing the company cares is about results and not their employees. If you are looking for a good work life balance look elsewhere.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Upper management, long hours, no work life balance. Unsafe and in sanitary.
Not fun very stressful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXFebruary 24, 2017
I'm being complete honest... for future employees...honestly the worst place I have worked at.... the staff is short and people do not help each other around there... the new sales manager was a complete ****8 ... he was a 10 year marine vet who was young but still on my *** every single second when I didn't have deliveries and there is only so much you can move in a furniture store or clean stuff.. another thing is the store closes at 7 but you don't leave until its done.. so basically you never know when your getting off.. another thing that sucks is going to random peoples house with different smells and dogs ..
Pros
decent pay but not worth the stress
Cons
heavy lifting on deliveries and inside the store
Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 16, 2017
Typical Day: First I would pull out over 7 lawnmowers (most of I had to pull out was 16) and display them in the front of the store
Then i would clean the store if it needed dusting, vacuuming, wiping down counters, and organizing the store.
Helping customers with certain merchandises,Answer phone calls and took payments.
What I learned: I learned a lot on cashiering, building furniture, and how I did my job the best way I could. It was blessing to know that customers referred me to be there specific person to help them with the knowledge of what item they decided to have in mind.
Hardest Part of the Job: Trying to keep the General Manager Satisfied with him majority being a negative person.
Most enjoyable part of my job was that when the Account Manager was in charge, there was peace in the air with laughter and multi-tasking with our job but enjoying each others as co-workers.
Pros
Hour lunch, Great co-workers, great customers
Cons
General Manager
Managemnet and co-worker
PT (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OROctober 11, 2016
After working for Aaron's I got to experience meeting wonderful costumers who I was able to make their day when I delivered the product on time and as stated through their sale. The downfall at the time was the lack of leadership, with all respect to Aaron's company the leadership at the time represented the opposite of what this company stands for. Since My departure with the company I have seen first hand how the new management team and teammates have work very a hard to prove and follow through company values it is a great store to walk into and I would be humbled If I were to get the opportunity to be part of the company Once again knowing that this time around it is a safe work environment and to prove my self-worth to work for a great company.
Relatively easy work. Box truck is great experience for beginners. Easy sales experience if you dedicate yourself.
Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandersville, GA 31082February 11, 2016
"Good benefits and decent hours its nice to have Sundays off and holidays not to mention after 6 months you get a week of vacation" However fussy customers can cause stress. Sometimes sales goals are unfair for delivery drivers. (personal thought) Internal management poorly picked!

Product Technician is a misleading job title. You aren't so much a PT as a delivery boy. If you area computer geek and plan to fix computers, then you will be disappointed. PT is where you do deliveries, fix appliances, and various other things. Don't come into this job weak and expect to last. Some of those couches get heavy. Management sets non reachable goals.
Pros
Being a product Technician is one job that you will learn something new everyday, you learn how to deal with all kinds of people.
Cons
Work days are long and weekends are required. Manufacturers and sells very poor quality furniture.
Good work environment and simple tasks
Product Tech (Former Employee) –  Trumann ARJanuary 21, 2017
Straightforward job with decent medical coverage and hours. Franchise store so owners management may vary. Lots of on the road time and freedom at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7