Aarons Employee Reviews

Wonderful and Well Managed
Furniture Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 14, 2017
Aaron's has taught me a lot about sales and really get their people trained on the products sold and how they relate to the consumer.

There are a very wide range of products I am now familiar with.

I'm grateful for the experience.
not a good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 13, 2017
manager didnt care about employees or customers for that matter. the pay was not good and you don't get benefits for being full time. hours were not good..
A great place to really learn what it means to be a leader instead of a boss
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 13, 2017
Aaron's gave me the opportunity to understand the difference between a leader and a boss. A boss just gives orders and expects things to be done and waits for a proper job to get done. Becoming a leader is hard, it takes time and patience in order to be a successful leader. When your a leader you are right there next to your people all working hard to obtain success also, encourage others if face with minor setbacks. The big difference between the two positions is where do you stand, are you behind a desk or are you right there in the action of it all fighting to achieve a goal.
Pros
Health benefits and sick time and holiday pay
Cons
Competitive work environment
I learned alot working for this company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDDecember 12, 2017
There is a lot too learn at this company if you take the time to pay attention. I must admit that I wasn't ready for the opportunity when it was given to me and thus failed to meet company standards.
Pros
Excellent training, products, processes and people
Cons
Alot of lifting
Run from this company
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
Job completely blows! No room for advancement regional managers have unrealistic goals, people put you down instead of encouraging you to do better, if you plan on applying prepare yourself from not being home all day and always being stressed, they will work you till you grow grey hairs and for the little pay, delivery drivers make more money here and have no stress or any one breathing down their necks Best thing to do is to stay away from this job at all cause!
Pros
Cons
8-9 schedules all getting blamed for customers not paying
Terrific!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VADecember 11, 2017
This job always supported me through my career. The environment was always comfortable. I would work here again if the opportunity presents itself. Nothing bad to say about working here!
Challenging job that keeps you busy.
Product Technician/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHDecember 11, 2017
I was working as a Product Tech, which is a delivery driver. I had to deliver furniture and appliances to customer's homes, which had a variety of situations to deal with.

The pay was way under for what a job like that should have been, but it was the people I worked with that made the job worth it.
I enjoyed most of my experiences while working for Aarons
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 11, 2017
I would work for them again. They pay well and follows the rules. They promote from within, and have extensive sales and collections training. Paid vacations.1
Exciting place to work
MT.CAA (Current Employee) –  Ferguson, MODecember 10, 2017
I enjoyed my job, succeeded and completed all task given to me in a timely fashion. I have small children who attends elementary school along with one high school teen. I need to have better hours to spend quality time with them.
overall good place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 10, 2017
Great company, just had opportunity to open my own business. .So that was the only reason I left the company otherwise I would still be there. Day to Day it is a stressful environment for a GM but if you put a good team around you then it made it better. Management sometimes forgets what it is like to work at the store level but overall they do a pretty good job of keeping the operation flowing. Hardest part was keeping adequate staff and best was the pay
No direction from management
Tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 9, 2017
Poor management numbers game all serice center have the same issues management needs lots of training in the field of working with people it's a starter job I would never plan my future with this company
Pros
One location
Cons
Trust no one
Entertaining
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at Aaron's the little time I did. But it interfered with my hone life activities with my kids, I thought I would be able to work something out but it didn't work that way. Needless to say the employees were awesome and the GM was one of the coolest people . I'm sure the way I left they don't care for me but I hope the best for them all.
Pros
Breakfast
Cons
Work .. family balance is not there
It was ok
Sales/customer accounts manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 7, 2017
It was a good atmosphere was a fast-paced jobs never never boring day great management competitive pay nice bonuses company was nice during the holidays
cut throat
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VADecember 5, 2017
was fired over telling employee to do their job because i quote its easier to fire you over a false allegation than to deal with the naacp plus they have bedbugs
excellent company
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 4, 2017
Although work days are long you are compensated based on your performance. Getting the job done efficiently leads to large paychecks. You need to insure quality time with family to keep fresh
aarons
Collections Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 4, 2017
Aarons was a good place to work for and fun. The only issue was that pay and i worked long hours and i have small children. But overall I would give the work experience a 7 because the people and he environment was warm and great.
Great interactions with customers
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Murphysboro, ILDecember 4, 2017
Aarons is a retail & lease company. My experience with Aarons was great until the end when I got hurt. I had alot of fun and much success selling and leasing a verity of home goods such as appliances, computers, tv's and furniture. My only negative is management micro managed and did not take your suggestions or recommendations seriously.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
Micro managed
Good company brand and name
Recruiter for stores (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2017
My role and position was contracted out to Velossent llc so the pay was very low, and recruiting dept was created with all contractors.
Recruiting for the NY & West coast without meetings these people was also hard.
Stessfull
Sales manager/ Customer accounts manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 1, 2017
Not a positve place to work regional managment poor it is a very stressfull work environment advancement is not likely they do not pay enough for the job duties
Pros
Off every sunday
Cons
Stressfull work enviorment
Quick pace and stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 1, 2017
They dont put their employees first just there pockets. They overall rate is number one ahead of Wal-Mart. They push you to lie to customers to collect payment to achieve monthly bonuses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8