Aarons Employee Reviews

Found 1,302 reviews matching the search
Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKApril 12, 2016
Friday morning meeting, achieve to reach sales goal for week, co-workers easy to get along with. Management had their bad days, hardest parts are learning to communicate with your customer; so your customer understands exactly what they are getting when purchasing any item(s) In the store, and also since customers can buy items over the phone, once a month you get a phone quiz. which tests you on how you sell over the phone, fun part of the job is when you have your sales or when you have customer appreciation day.
Pros
healthcare, garunteed 40 hours
Cons
quized phone sales
Manager trainee
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DESeptember 3, 2016
I will request to work in this company and gave me the opportunity to work on it. The regional manager sent me the offer and he talked about $ 40,000 a year and when I went coming to the interview only offered me $ 10 per hour. The situation is that if you apply for a Manager Trainee or other position in a franchise, the manager of the store does not have good communication and not understand nothing about the laws of HR and administration.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
aarons review
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COApril 2, 2016
I like working for Aaron's. It's a great company with advancement opportunities all over north america. Good benefits and vacation time.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A great place to advance
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 26, 2016
The company takes care of all employees, they are always closed on Sundays. All employees respect one another, no one complaint always busy. The company always has great benefits.
I really like my job and the people I work with, we are like a family here.
Financial Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 4, 2016
Inbound and outbound calls, verifying customer's personal and financial information to determine the approval to finance with company.

Need to have a great attitude at all times even when a customer is upset, keep calm.

My manager gives inspiration, even when business is slow.

My fellow employees are very helpful and we take part as a team.

When business is slow.

When we are very busy and business is great.
Pros
Excellent in Communication
Cons
Slow Business
professional
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXAugust 15, 2016
This is a great county to work for. Very professional work environment and very well compensated. Great place to start a career in law enforcement or corrections.
No Life for General Managers
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2015
Work 6 days a week, sometimes 7 if you cared enough and didn't want to be put on blast in front of your peers, demand on growth is ridiculous, so that means selling to people you didn't want to, no lunch breaks as a GM, which was cool because I was on a diet anyway, don't bring up your day off, it will start WW III, bad mouthing behind backs all the time..Upper management sucks BIG TIME!!!
Pros
Benefits, employee purchase program
Cons
Upper Management, horrible growth demand, long hours
Laidback yet productive job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 28, 2016
Aaron's was a very calm yet intimidating job atmosphere, but it was enjoyable to show up to work. The co-workers were amazing and very informative. Any question I had was answered to the T. Dealing with rude customers was a daily struggle, but with the support of my team, we managed to make everyone satisfied in the end. Working here was an awesome experience! I would love to do it again!
Pros
Occasional free lunches, great benefits, awesome atmosphere.
Cons
Working longer shifts with short breaks.
Company provides great products to its customers.
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Usually worked between 8-10 hours a day started the day by setting the display floor and then loading the truck for deliveries. Delivered furniture throughout the day according to the schedule. Everyone has an opportunity to move up in the company if they want too. Always met new people but loading heavy furniture over the body/head all day long 5 days a week causes wear and tear on the body.
No work life balance
Accounts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 2, 2016
There is no work life balance
the pay is not sufficient enough for the work that is done
management could be better
The hardest part of the job is trying to meet impossible goals set for the accounts department
the enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people everyday
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
the pay is terrible

Want to know more about Aarons?

Ask a question
Customer Service Jobs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 24, 2016
A typical work day at Aarons, Is pretty busy and fast paste. My job is to assist customers with their ideal room. As I sale merchandise I have to them move it off the floor,to be delivered. I then have to proceed with unboxing new merchandise, and moving it on to the empty hole in the showroom. Working at a furniture is a different experience than any other customer service jobse
Pros
unlimited over time.
Cons
desire a better pay.
Great Customers, Horrible Management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taylorville, ILNovember 4, 2015
I learned a great deal about sales and marketing. I greet every customer with a positive attitude and offered refreshments. Most of my customers were my favorite part of my day. The floor was kept clean and ready to show our customers our merchandise. Sales Manager was great partner to work with and was patient on teaching me my role in the job while we were short staff. General Manager was hardly in the store my entire employment and would discourage the entire staff for not doing well enough. Management was behind from previous employers. Owners discouraged me the first time meeting me. I was not recognized for any improvement and assistance I had made during my employment. I was not respected.
Pros
Hour lunch, and Employee Purchase
Cons
No benefits for employees, Management was horrible and unorganized
The future for this company is a dismal failure
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 18, 2015
After 13 years of service and doing everything that was asked of me,there was still no advancements.I had worked in 10 different locations and as always no one had been trained I had to start all over .The store would be fixed and of course the regional was the only person to get any credit for your hard work. The regional staff are all over paid and in most cases half the store's make no profit. They start most associates at 9.00 hrly.,if they can get away with it and tell manager trainees to stay for a year and earn a career, yea wright .
Pros
Maybe one day off, if you're staffed
Cons
No advancements, a lot of overpaid upper management that need trained
Good starting position
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2015
Aaron's is a relatively new company, and exist as franchises and corporate facilities. They are not as organized as senior "rent to own" companies such as Rent-A-Center, yet it does provide employment to non-skilled laborers. The starting rate of pay is not bad for younger employees, although the work is physically demanding. However, Aaron's does provide great advancement opportunities, ranging from account executives (product deliverers) to sale associate, to assistant store manager, to general manager. The pay increases at each level are substantial and could provide a livable wage to non-degree holding employees. The health benefits and 401(k) benefits are relatively attractive if one is able to tolerate the work.
Pros
Advancement and pay
Cons
Very physically demanding and possibly damaging
stressfull
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2016
very stressful, too much micromanaging and harassment. horrible upper managing but I love the customers co-workers no. the hard part is no team work because of the management
Pros
discount
Cons
management and pay
bad enviroment
PRODUCT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 9, 2016
the job was forced on you and had no life after working there. Management was terrible and really didn't care about customers.
You will be stressed every day of your life
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 16, 2016
When I first started working for Aarons, I was excited. As an MT I felt almost like a bounty hunter.. but the joy vastly wore off. The job is demanding in hours: 9am - 9pm 4 days a week and 5 hours on Saturday... maybe it's not terrible, but when you are a single parent, it's almost impossible. The pay is actually decent for the job you are asked to preform, but the management is a problem. If your accounts dept is excelling, that means the sales dept is failing and visa versa. Needless to say, someone is always angry, nothing is ever up to par, oh, and did I mention the double standards? The accounts dept will constantly take the fall for horrible #'s, but the sales dept and GM will lease furniture to every unemployed, SSI, redneck they can find and then get upset with us when they don't pay. Files are never updated, or even filled out properly for that matter. Half of the customers will be allowed to lease furniture before we even have a good contact # for them. So all in all, if you decide to work here, brace yourself and keep a bottle of vodka in your desk. You'll have gray hair before you're through.
Pros
Decent pay, Flexible with personal situations
Cons
12 hour days, poor management skills, stressful enviorment
Long hours horrible pay
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAOctober 31, 2016
You can do everything right and never get a positive review or a positive comment. YOur always in the wrong. Working from 8 to 7pm on a slightly above minimum wage. You are a delivery driver , furniture cleaner, csr, service manager , display set up person, merchandise unloading from freight, and accounts manager. But my title was only customer accounts manager, not driver or csr
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
No home life
No real advancement opportunities and low wages
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 6, 2015
No longer an exciting place to work. All about company growth with little to no employee growth and development. Benefits are pretty good but the pay is not so great with little to no raises.
Pros
discounts on furniture
Cons
short breaks, low wages, no work/life balance
Challenging and Productive work Environment
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 22, 2016
I've learned a lot about the lease to own industry, I have worked for Corporate and Franchise and Aarons is a wonderful company to work for. I started as a manager trainee and was promoted up the ranks to a General Manager. They believe in promoting from within the pool of talented employees that they have.