AARP Employee Reviews

I liked the job
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 26, 2017
Subcontract to Bethlehem Municipality Zoning and Permit Department. Full knowledge and experience with MS Office. Under minimal supervision setup spreadsheets for zoning parcels. Acknowledge Certification of Occupancy. Verify payments of permits and scan into computer. Check and correct any discrepancies.

I was let go for coming to work too early. The work was easy, the pay was bad. People were very nice.
Learning ambience.
Adult Mankind Organization, Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2017
I am assigned to a Job Agency as part of my training as clerical assistant, I enjoy my daily tasks and I think it is a great experience to be trained by the AARP SCSEP 55+ Program.
Pros
Good atmosphere!
Cons
No paid vacations, no benefits. It's a training program.
fast paced fun
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2017
very informative and great learning expierence would recommend this job for people who love learning new things and working with great people. Very professional and exciting work enviroment.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
distance
Excellent introduction to rejoin the current workforce
Clerical Assistant (P/T) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2017
Good place to start looking for active employment in the over 50 workforce. Assistance from staff and other potential hires on placements. Learning and refreshing skills for future full-time employment. Learning the new culture of the workforce after being retired for 8 years.
Pros
Part-time
Cons
Having the time to look for full-time employment
Excellent place to work.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 16, 2017
I answer the phones and do the paperwork in filling out the requests for pickups. I also work the floor with customer service. I answer questions regarding prices, availability of items etc. This job requires a team effort. The hardest part of the job is having a long line of customers waiting to check out with their purchases. The easiest part is getting to know regular customers by name and visiting with them if possible
good company to work for
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJune 15, 2017
I enjoy working for this company. This staff is very friendly. There are different tasks to do and you are trained in multiple areas. The work load can fluctuates.
Great Program to get back in the workforce
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
These people are great at helping you find a part time job, as training to get back into the workforce when you have been out of it for a while. You work for Host companies which gives you not only experience, but new abilities to take on future jobs that you many find full time work at.
Pros
get back to work
Cons
not permanent work, just part time also
Good supporting company to complete intakes on employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
For many years, I've worked and began with AARP Foundation in July, 2003, continuing on through March, 2011 until I began again in October, 2016-January, 2017. When the training is completed, it is usually a requirement of the Project Manager to answer questions. If you need time for additional information required of them, the procedure is to come in and discuss the matter with the Project Director.
Pros
Cheerful attitudes of employees.
Cons
You're given a certain time limit to train in a company assigned.
Fun Company
TaxAide (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 14, 2017
For those who are looking to gain experince while in college, their taxaide program is the perfect fit for you as it is really flexible and allows you to work and give back to your community while you grow as an individual professional.
Aarp
Library Technician/Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 9, 2017
I was very happy to getting a job with this company. I met alot of nice helpful employers as well as employees of different companies that I was assigned to. A typical day was at least 4 to 41/2 hours doing clerical/office assignments. The workplace was a diverse of different cultures. There were no hard parts of the job. You were told what to do and you simply did it. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you got to meet alot of nice, helpful employers as well as employees in each establishment. I am glad I was involved the this institution.The only con about the program is the pay. There should be more offered as well as more hours. The total hours that they would give an employee is 18 hours a week.. Also on holiday issues some holidays were paid and other not. If you didnt't work a holiday that they didn't pay unfortunately you would have to make up your own time. If you couldn't do that you just didn't get paid.
Pros
gets you back in the workforce
Cons
more money per hour, more hours
A good opportunity to be able to earn while one learn and get ready for the job market.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2017
Inbound/outbound calls, helping students register for courses, organized marketing events, collated photographs for brochures.

I learned more about spreadsheets and a new phone system that was implemented.

Management was very considerate but professional. The management team was easy to work with.

The job was not hard at all.

The most enjoyable was doing field trips for marketing.
Pros
Helping People who want to further their education
Cons
Taking advantage of holidays
Great envoirment to work in and the company has a great cause
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2017
I had a great manager, that was very supportive and forward thinking.The workplace culture is relaxed and balanced. Enjoyed working in the department, the educational opportunities were excellent.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Flexible working options
Good place to get training.
Participant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 6, 2017
It's a very good place to get your training.
Employment specialist assists you in helping find a job.
We have a computer area where we can search for work.
Pros
have plenty of time to searh for work
Cons
no health benefits
taxes
Certified Tax Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 29, 2017
lots has changed since i have left, so my review of school and work would not be accurate any longer. this review requires 150 characters so i am continuing
Pros and Cons
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2017
Good people, good benefits, but growth opportunities can be limited in some departments. They still have a pension and a wonderful renewal plan where you get 4 weeks paid time off (in addition to your vacation time) after working there for 7 years.
Great place for learning a new trade or improving your resume. I love working with this company.
Receptionist/Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 26, 2017
I only can say if you get the opportunity to be a part of this organization go for it you won't regret it. There's so many different opportunities they have to offer, you won't regret it I'm sure.
Pros
Great learning experience for people over 55 to get back in the working class.
Cons
Short hours and low pay
ITS Project Manager/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2017
Although I am a consultant it is a great place to work. The people are professional and knowledgeable in their fields. Great location as well, close to metro & restaurants
This is a great place to work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 17, 2017
It is a very congenial working atmosphere. Everybody gets along very well and there's a team spirit that is extremely pleasant and energizing. We all pull together and get the job done. I am new and everyone has been so helpful and kind. I am very happy working here.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
only 20 hours a week
A very challenging and learning place to work
AARP Senior (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
AARP is a training program for older adults seeking a new type of employment. You received training in resume writing, updating your shills, practice a 30 minute interview. My instructors were well rounded knowledgeable mature who offer a lot of expertise and experience. Although the program had no perks like sick days, vacation days, etc. When your completed they program you knew you were ready for that next challenging job assignment.
Pros
Very good instructors and program supervisor
Cons
You brought your own lunch
Work Day
Senior Community Service Employment Program (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2017
A typical work day is usually, quiet and the people are very helpful and friendly. There is no rush on any of your work. I like working there because all of the employees are helpful.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AARP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3