AARP

AARP Employer Reviews

Worked where agency would be asked for help.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: gained good experience and also grateful we have agencies that work for senior citizens.
Cons: not a good pay company since we get minimum but is good to go back to work.
This company would provide jobs for people over 50 years. I was able to go back to work since found a job after AARP helped me.
nice comfortable place with friendly people and good food
Janitorial (Former Employee), Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 12, 2014
at the caring place is when no one is really into what they were there for countsyay focus ilearn that you cannot join thembecause you have to do whatever youwere there to do management was something different making sure that who was working with me did the work as good as idid or betterwe all got along and se grew close and work as a team the hardest – more... part was taking food for the food bank and stocking it on shelves to be giving away the most liked part was lunch sitting and talking with my co-workers and payday – less
Productive, nice staff
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Provides logistical support to the department/individual team leads for day-to-day administration, processing of invoices and various special projects.
• Assists senior team (3 directors) with calendar management and coordinating/scheduling meetings.
• Makes travel arrangements for senior team, submitting receipts for reimbursement, and preparing – more... travel folders with meeting documents.
• Coordinates monthly meetings and conferences including but not limited to finalizing participants, creating agendas, collection/distribution of meeting materials and ordering/setting up catering.
• Other projects as assigned. – less
Productive, fast-paced work environment
Associate State Director (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: tight-knit team; flexible work arrangments; great benefits
Cons: lack of growth opportunities; management challenges
AARP provides a productive, fast-paced work environment. We are a small team in New York that is working to meet the needs of 2.5 million AARP members and their families. We advocate on a number of important social issues and also try to bring relevance and resonate with 50+ New Yorkers in new and different ways.
Excellent program for seniors with limited skills and work experience.
Senior Employment Program (Current Employee), IndianaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: flexability of hours
Cons: limited use of skills
It is a good program, especially for older persons with limited skills and experience. It is more difficult to find placements for persons with extensive training and skills in a specific area.

My placement has been very good but limited the use of my life experiences and training. I have located a possible placement now that could eliminate that roadblock.
Productive place to work and to learn great customer service skills.
Volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 19, 2014
A typical day is greeting and meeting new visitors that come into the company. I have learned new skills to work in a business setting and what it takes to be successful as a receptionist. Co-workers are great and very pleasant and I am the first face they see getting off the elevator. The hardest part of the job is when I make a mistake, however some – more... mistakes are good to learn from. I enjoy being able to help customers and give the information that is helpful to them. – less
friendly
custodial (Former Employee), battle creek miAugust 19, 2014
Pros: vicinity
Cons: low wages
pleasant experience and helpful personnel
hours 9-1pm 4 days per week only custodian working hardest part was lifting and bending
Fast Paced and highly motivated
Graphic Design Analyst (Paid) (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 19, 2014
Digitizing photos for web consumption.

Participate in multiple design meetings.

Wireframing for new page layouts.

Developing banners for states pages.

Migrating hundreds of files from old working website format to new in front working format.
Professional environmnent with 1st rate management style
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: provides tools and support in search for viable employment.
Cons: full-time not possible at this time.
Balanced daily tasks and projects for this program's maximum efficiency and productivity requirements.
working with children
Volunteer Mentor/AARP/Americorps Of PA (Former Employee), Phila Pa.July 25, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Enjoyed children , worked au like working with children join this mentor programt several schools, if yo
Excellent
Information Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: job advancement
This is a very good company to work for. Work hours are flexible and a excellent environment to learn new skills.
Training Program for Senior Citizens
General Office (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: last act of a desperate man
Cons: you work for non profits who are not hiring.
I am not happy at all with this particular program but I do what I have to do to survive. Why aren't employers hiring? So many Americans are out of work right now. It is truly very, very sad and disgraceful.
not a true job
Employment Specialist / IT (Current Employee), Florissant MOJuly 3, 2014
A good start back into the work force in Florissant MO, but it's part time with no benefits of unemployment available
I enjoyed my 8 yrs with AARP
Payroll Analyst, AARP Grants Accounting (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 13, 2014
Cons: outscorcing of my department
The typical day at work was very interesting because, it was all about helping clients receive the paychecks in a timely manner,The most enjoyable part of working at AARP is the excellent work/life balance. They allow you to have a flexible schedule so that you can take care of your family, while still putting 110% effort into your work.
fulfilling and enriching.
INTERNSHIP (Current Employee), elm st, hartford ctJune 3, 2014
As a senior citizens it is a gratifying and exciting occassion being a advocate for seniors so as to maintain independence as an older american.
Love working here
Communications Assistant (Current Employee), St. PetersburgMay 25, 2014
There is no typical day at AARP. I work on multiple projects and one time and it changes every day.
Great Place to Work
SENIOR MAIL OPERATIONS EQUIPMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMay 21, 2014
Pros: benefits are great, people are great, what else can one say!
Cons: not sure there was any.
I am fortunate to have worked at AARP for 25 years plus. The people make you feel like you are family and that you are thought of well. there are busy days and slow days. Mail comes in around 4:30am and that's when it all starts, the eagle and opex machines start up being filled by a staff members, the work kick out by the machines are then given to – more... mail openers and other mail opened by machine. The open information is fed to computer so that numerous keyers key the informaton holding membership names, address, membership numbers, amounts of the checks, money and so on.
The checks are banked, and balanced. Checks are then picked up by the bank and we start over for another day. There is more such as corrections, trying to read indecipherable checks and members information. I have learned skills, respect, and I can do more everyday. Management is great, cares, respects and sometimes rewards for doing a great job. Even the Management in Washington DC takes time to learn your name and tell you that you have done a great job when visting Lakewood, CA. The hardest part of the job is catching up with the eagle and opex machines, and also the slower days. The best days are when there is work, and everything goes without a giltch. Co-workers are friendly and caring. – less
Not enough pay/ overall good place to work
Northside Community Housing Inc. /AARP (Current Employee), 4067 Lincoln Ave. 63113May 19, 2014
Pros: i order the lunches for the board meetings!
Cons: all pros
Working with the president is enjoyable, because I can sit in on the board meetings and have some input.Talking with Father Hutchinson , the founder of NCHI, and other board members. Talking and answering questions with clients in person as well on the telephone. Helping with over all office activities
employees
Clerical Worker, Cat Socializer, Cat Depot (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 14, 2014
Employee knowledgable and friendly.
Helpfull in helping us to help ourselves.
i been waiting for them to call me ,i worked for them last year and need work again !
STOCKER/TAGGER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2014
Pros: no free anything
Cons: no health insurance
it was good while working,great hours,great place to work for.but now i need work again!

1 2 3 4 5