Aaustin Express Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worst place to work.
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2018
Only thing I can say is that this is the worst place on the planet to work. You are over worked and under paid. Even after finishing your work you have to go finish someone else's because they were slacking.
Pros
Freedom of driving
Cons
Everything about the company.
Terrible
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Don't work there I wouldn't there they work you like a slave
and management is asswhole in unorganized at all....advise you do not work for DHL Aausstin express...
Pros
Work hard
Cons
Management is terrible...
Not enough routes for everyone
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 4, 2018
You work for Aaustin Express via subcontracting for Dhl. I was there through peak season, the hours you basically worked 2 shifts. Off peak season I was told it would be slow, instead they let you go because Dhl has only 12 routes to run. In the end they use you and then let you go after peak season. And if slow they tell people not to come in. This is not a stable job to work and they lie to you until they get what they want out of you. Long term employees are nice to you but also you're helping them out during the peak season. Do not take this job if you're looking for long term stability, unfortunately I didn't find all this out until later.
Pros
Employees were nice and helpful. Overtime pay good through peak season.
Cons
Dhl only allows 12 routes, not enough work off peak season, You get used for peak season & let go, management disorganized and all information isn't told to you.
Great place.
Delivery Services Specialist/Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2017
Driving a delivery van, 4 ten hour days. Up-beat and supportive bosses and fun environment. Given wide independence to do your job and you're assigned very expensive equipment, so maturity required.
Pros
Highest pay rate in local industry, bosses help you succeed
Cons
Outdoor work in rain/snow
Worst place to work in America
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2017
The job is over worked. The management is a joke. The turnover rate for this job is unrealistic. The routes change on a daily basis. The equipment given breaks down everyday. There are no dollies on the vans, so if there are heavy boxes or multiple boxs your on your own. The amount of packages each day is an unreal goal. Aaustin does not care for the drivers at all. Its definitely a push over company. Bad place to work. You def feel underpaid.
Pros
You can work yourself to death
Cons
Just about everything
Not a bad place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 19, 2017
As with any job, there is always things that could be better. Mike the manager was always great to me. My biggest frustration with the job was lack of work ethic in the workforce. Everyone always wants something with out working for it. Bottom line is that it is a job, and you have to work for what you get. I came in did my job and got paid for doing it. Understanding that its a contracted job to DHL is the hard part to understand. We work for one company, but play by another companies rules. You just have to show up and do your job and you get what work for.
Pros
Freedom to work independently, paid lunch, good manager
Cons
Expensive benifits, not the best hours, poor work ethic and needed co workers
The job is not hard
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 29, 2017
The job itself is not hard, it's management. Everyone wants to be in charge. There is no organization. They dont believe in given raises. Even after a year they still dont give raises. Some people have been there for 3 plus years and only make $9.75 $10 per hour. It cost an arm and a leg for insurance.
All in what you are looking for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIJune 23, 2017
It's a job, you generally work 9-12 hours a day, pay is decent but considering what you will deal with you will feel underpaid after a while. It isn't a difficult job, but Amazon and their standards of what is deemed a successful delivery can make things be more difficult than it should be. The logistics are pretty bad and the routes and how the packages are stacked and listed day to day leaves a lot to be desired. Management is pretty much non existent. Unless it's time for some form of bad news. All in all it's a job that you should use as a transition to the next.
Pros
Lunch is paid, once you are on the road you are on your own
Cons
Amazon logistics need improvement, no pay raise
Delivering Amazon Packages
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIJune 9, 2017
4-5 days per week with overtime after 40 hours and benefits. Always steady work. Management tries to work with you the best they can. The most enjoyable part is being off on your own most of the day without someone always looking over your shoulder. The hardest part is delivering in bad weather. Typical day is arriving and checking in your packages, loading your van, making deliveries and returning to the station. The scanner routes you and gives you turn by turn directions.
Pros
Benefits, Fair wage, Ot, uniforms
Cons
its work. Amazon requires weekends
Always active
Amazon Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIMarch 10, 2017
Morning times always switch from 6:15 - 6:30am. You must load your own van and cannot condense bags (expect 1 box to be in multiple bags). Amazon always has packages not on your route expect more then they quote for deliverys. Toc is a joke half the time they don't know what they are doing causing you to get behind on your route. Time of return expect 12hours and mandatory 5 day weeks unless you lie to keep 4 days. This job is underpaid you work for Amazon no reason to get paid $14.32 with no raises and no future feel free to ask when you apply. Overall I loved this job but to many sacrifices for me. Work 7 days a week for a $1000 check.
Pros
30 min lunch, 2 15mins & insurance
Cons
Toc, misc Packages, Long hours & left in the dark.
i enjoy working there fun and learning experiencing
Warehouse/driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smyrna gaJanuary 9, 2015
i really enjoyed working for this company its just the mangers didn't know how to treat employees. it wasn't so much of the boss it was the boss wife who act if she was the boss and wasn't and that made alot of people quit from how she would talk to you.It was something new for me. i learned where different places where at. The most hardest part of my job was lifting big boxes without any help and when i first started i didn't know my route.i got along with my co workers and i enjoyed my over a year time there.
Pros
learning new areas
Cons
didnt like giving out raises and the boss wife talked to people any kind of way
i am a self directed /self motivated invidividual seeking a challenging and rewarding position with a successful company.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHNovember 4, 2014
management is one sided most of the time but fair.
I learned that situation may vary at a moment notice, and coordinating skills must be apply. The hard part of the job was conflict with management. However I learn to implemented quality customer service skills when speaking with customers, also time management and conflict resolution .utilizing navigations skills to find the fastest route for delivering cargo on time, safe and problem free, and loaded truck or van the smartest way possible, enabling work to be more effect and efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job was, being apart of a successful company that allow me to apply my current knowledge and experience for a rewarding position.
Pros
punctual
Cons
strong willingness to learn.
A company that must obey the requirements of their contract that constantly changes.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 1, 2012
This company would be a dream to work for if the owners had the ability to run their own company without the red tape and nonsense that is affiliated with being a IC operation for DHL. DHL has proved to the general public in America that they can barely function as a company and draging down great people with values and morals in a business seems to be their main goals instead of serving customer needs.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no schedule consistancy, poor management, no values or morals toward workers.