Abaxis Employee Reviews

Na
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 13, 2017
I loooooooved this job! I would still be there today, but the commute was too much. Stockton to the Bay Area. I was unable to relocate. The pay for 2006 was good! My boss and co-workers were all just AWESOME!
Great Startup
Customer Service Assistant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 26, 2017
A small company with a big footprint. The workplace is very relaxed and company benefits is fair. Management is all ears when it comes to suggestions.
productive and fun
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 20, 2017
It was a very productive and great environment to work in. The people were very nice. management was awesome. They were understanding of things and very cool.
Best Place I Ever Worked
Microbiology Laboratory Aide (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 1, 2017
We weren't coworkers; we were a family. Everyone got along with everyone else. We all pulled together to getting the work done right and on time. It was the only place I've been where they were ready for me to jump right into work on day one. It is a shame that corporate decided to sell us to the competition and that the competition didn't want us.
Pros
Strong, independent workers, family atmosphere
Amazing people
QC Rotor Technician I (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Working in Abaxis is Amazing. What makes it amazing is the people. They gave tangible reward makes you feel that you are valued and special.
Capital Equipment Faint of Heart
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
Holidays? What Holidays......Capital Equipment is crunch time all the time and every quarter you have a new goal. Abaxis is a good company selling against IDEXX is very tough.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Compensation
bad company to work for
IT Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, CASeptember 9, 2016
Politic plays deep in this company so avoid at all cost. Company pays low and treat employees like dirt. this company will not give you growth. you will stay there forever.
Pros
well establish
Cons
bad mangement
Very considerate and fun environment.
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAAugust 22, 2016
The Abaxis company are very considerate to their workers, they understand the importance of the assemblers. It is a fun environment, i get along with the others.
Pros
Longer breaks
Cons
Temporary employment
Great money IF you hit hard to achieve targets
REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2016
Super tough competitive landscape and a multiple management turnover make this a challenging job. It is a turn and burn organization with the average tenure of a sales rep being about a year. Some people can make it a career but they are few and far between.
Pros
Great bonus
Cons
Tough sales, no longevity
Not a friendly environment
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMay 12, 2016
I was only working at Abaxis as seasonal but the working environment wasn't very friendly. There was no communication with supervisor or upper management when I had questions or concerns about the job duties. Very minimum basic interaction and I didn't find the place great to work for.
Great folks to work with
R&D INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Union City, CANovember 12, 2015
Good company but hard to advance within the company. Job is very secure.People are nice to work with. Company offers profit sharing quarterly which is nice.
Pros
quarterly lunches and profit sharing
Cons
hard to advance
Productive laboratory getting anwers to clients
Accessioner/Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 18, 2015
enjoyable work environment that allowed the staff to work with each other to get the best results for the client. Manager's listened to the needs of the employees and accommodated them any way they could.
Pros
Relaxed work enviroment
Cons
was bought out and we all lost out jobs
Quality Control Chemist
QUALITY CONTROL CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Union, CAJuly 22, 2015
I first joined in the process engineering department for internship at Abaxis. Intership at Abaxis led me to understand microfluidic experience. Then I transfer to quality control department as a chemist who test quality of incoming chemical and perform final test of medical devices.
Great Place to call work
Accessioning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 1, 2015
i only worked here for a few months and loved it. very laid back environment. then we all got laid off and the rest is history.
Pros
free breakfast on Saturdays
Cons
Busy Busy Busy
Excellent place to work at
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 22, 2015
Fast paced Clinical Veterinary Laboratory, specimens processed by very qualified personal, networking is a most, most be detail focused and keep an eye on the turn around time
Cons
it closed
great work place and ok environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAApril 20, 2015
a typical work place for abaxis is busy and stressful, I didn't learn much because I was temp and temps can only do certain amount of work, management is ok and wasn't very helpful.
the co-workers at abaxis created a lot of problems with new employees and provided a lot of stress on new employees
hardest part working at abaxis was dealing with unprofessional employees that discriminate a lot
most enjoyable part of abaxis is having an new experience and getting a chance at seeing the company and the wonderful product they create to help people and animals.
Flexible and understanding
Customer Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 12, 2015
A daily learning experience. Spoke with multiple clinics regarding their patients results and testing information. Worked with Regional Sales Managers regarding tests, contracts, and pricing. Co-workers were very team oriented. Working remote allowed me to enjoy the job better.
Pros
Working remote
Cons
Lab equipment would be down for routine maintenance causing delays in results.
Work Place
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 4, 2015
Culture that not understood ! Not allowing new technology and implementation . However there are Managers that do understand the value of the advanced technology FOR PRODUCTION.
Pros
Some Advaced Technology
Cons
slow improvement
Very supportive working environment
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed working at Abaxis and I learnt numerous things during my time there. Some of these include: creating journal entries, budgeting, and financial analysis.
A high energy, cutting edge technology company.
Management (Current Employee) –  Union City, CANovember 21, 2014
Abaxis invests in the professional development of its employees, makes high quality product, and has a management by objectives/performance based culture. If you are motivated, fast paced, quality minded, and a high performer, this is the place for you!
Pros
Provides opportunities for professional growth