ABB Employee Reviews

Always busy with new changes and onboarding
GA Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 22, 2016
Overall I have enjoyed my 14 years at ABB. I've been provided the opportunity to be exposed to all sides of the accounting function. I have had some really great and knowledgeable managers who have helped me along my journey. I've also had the pleasure of having great co-workers who have also helped me grow professionally.There's never a dull moment and change must be embraced and welcomed with open arms as things are always changing. I've learned to adapt well to change and always welcome it whenever possible. The part I have had the most difficult time with is the physical working quarters. They are extremely small and it can get pretty loud in the office which can be very disruptive.
Pros
Work From Home if Needed; Optional Flex Hours; Good Benefits
Cons
Close working quarters; Long Hours at Month End
Family oriented atmosphere
Operational Excellence Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAMarch 31, 2016
Very good co-workers but not the best management structure. Job comes with all the responsibilities/requirements of a global company with none of the benefits.
Cons
Advancement
Employer that really values employees and their work/life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2015
ABB has been a great place to work at, and it is a place where they really put in the time and resources into developing its employees. They have mentoring programs, rotational programs for engineering, sales, finance, and more, and they really try to promote from within when possible. It is a big company with a very global presence, and there are many opportunities to transfer abroad if you so wish. This is a company that is really diverse in its portfolio in order to provide complete solutions, and that is great if you like variety, but you can also specialize in one product or service. It has been a great experience to work for ABB.
Pros
work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, benefits, no glass ceiling, development opportunities
Great Company
Treasury Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 29, 2016
ABB is a great company with a bright future and a lot of opportunity for the right candidate. Excellent co-workers and benefits. Work life balance can be a struggle.
good union, good managment aside from alot of overtime
Welder and other jobs also (Former Employee) –  MODecember 3, 2015
great people to work with even the higher management will know your name, huge place to work so hope you like walking ha ha. they have good benefits education reimbursement 401k etc.
Pros
cafetiria is open for 1st and second shift, fast pace work, as much over time as you want train you sufficently usually also
Cons
its a job?, temorary employees are easily replaced when injured on the job so you must work through it, a ton of overtime usually
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pinetops, NCMarch 15, 2016
They keep the employees involved in all aspects of the company. Their benefits are excellent, they care about their employees future.
Fullfillment specialist
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, MAOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at abb optical is consistent of signing in to the time tracker grab a pdf gun and a cart of list of products and go through each aisle from 7 -20 gathering the items at a steady rate. I learned how to move product in a fast rate to meet the demands of the curries. In addition management guidance is very close to the employees often
Pros
job security and benefits
Cons
long hours no flexibile schedule
too much travel
field engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2016
no time for personal life. 100 % travel. There is no time to spend with family most of the time on the road. The benefits are good and lot of over time and pay is good.
Terrible Management
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAAugust 18, 2016
When I first started the job culture was amazing, the during the changing process off the warehouse management added conveyor belts around the warehouse, automated machines, all these fancy junk. As the changes go through management begins to get terrible. They lack knowledge of what they're doing, treats their employees with little respect, and makes us work "mandatory overtime". I did learn a lot from this job and met a lot of amazing co workers, but the changes just ruined the work culture. A lot of people began to quit, a sudden firing of one of the supervisors, and very ignorant upper management. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but the is quite a corrupt warehouse.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Great employees and management team
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 14, 2016
A typical workday involved ordering the products that need prepared that day and getting them done in the time allowed.
I learned that being a "team" is the best way to get things done with everyone helping each other and making sure they succeeded as a team.
Both the co-workers and management made each day a good day by working as a team and keeping communication as an important element to the success of the team.
The hardest part of the job would be when you have the product done and find out there was a customer change or engineer mistake. We would change what we had already done and still made sure the product was finished in a timely matter for customer needs.
The most enjoyable part was knowing each employee cared about the other employees. Working together to make the business a success made the workday easier for everyone.
Pros
Alot of overtime, easy to communicate with management.
Cons
Not easy to be hired on as a permanent employee
Worked from home, colaborating with people around the world.
Columbus, Ohio, SCT Project Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Weekly/daily, I had direct interface with end customer and customer engineering firm. It was fun to collaborate with other ABB product/project managers to deliver desired equipment on time and within budget.
The upper management in ABB was very supportive and easy to work with.
Sometimes it was difficult to find the right person within ABB because they are so big. The hardest part was dealing with Mexico and missed promises of delivery.
The fun part of the job was dealing with a group of professionals with a common goal of delivering the whole project.
Pros
Work from home and going to job site as necessary.
Cons
None.
Excellent Benefits
Talent Acquisition Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2016
One of the best companies to work for in the world. Excellent benefits and very well organized. Not a lot of work in the Houston area, but huge company world wide.
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs. AbbVie is originated in 2013
Senior SAP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2016
Treasury module
In- House Cash, Master Data set-up, define conditions and assignments, Inter company Receipts / Auto payments / netting, intercompany Loans set up, payment on behalf, cash settlement, intercompany payment reversal, day end process.
Bank Communication Management:
Cash & Liquidity Management: Cash pooling,
Banking interface, BCM with SWIFT connectivity, Correspondence Frame work and digital signature.
Provide upport actives in FI-AP Electronic Banks Statements (EBS), Payment Medium Workbench (PMW), Data Medium Exchange,
Provide support for other activities that impact the Treasury area EDI, BAI2 MT300, MT940 and MT942
Perform unit testing, System Testing, Integration Testing of changes (configuration, custom development, etc)
Pros
30 minute
good company
Repair Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2015
Good company to work for which is evident by numerous employees with over 30 years working there. Large company so you have several choices about benefits.
best i ever had
Assembler (Former Employee) –  16250 W Glendale Dr, New Berlin, WI 53151September 4, 2016
This was one of the best job i had ever had... the work was no joke... the paid wasn't all that either... but every employee works hard and when you are new you will get this feeling like u need to catch up and surpass these old folks and when u do u get this incredible feeling like you are the best working they can have and feeling how easy life is... i regret leaving this work place for a higher paid but i move to different state makes me want to move back but i have no family who live in wisconsin
Pros
good work out
Cons
easy work but some people just cant handle it
Productive and great work environment
Customer Service Associate Voltage Drives (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 6, 2016
Working for ABB Inc, was a great experience and I was given the opportunity to learn about the products ABB offered to customers. My coworkers and supervisor were always willing to help me understand warranty issues and concerns. Great hours and pay and the lunch time was awesome. I was able to get the children off to school and grab coffee before work AwesomeSauce! My job was close by the bank and grocery stores and malls so it was easy to shop and pay bills on lunch which was great on top of getting paid weekly!
Pros
clean lunch area
Cons
Productive and good place to work.
Low Voltage Products Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WI 53151August 30, 2016
Good place to work. After you would pull your parts, you would take them back to your work station , check the assembly drawings ,and
assemble them according to customer requirements.

Everyone worked good as individuals and as a team to meet our
goals.

I really loved doing the job because of the challenges it . It was
something different everyday.

The hardest part of the job was losing it when the company
decided to move it out of state.
Hectic pace with a serious lack of quality supervisors/management
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLApril 12, 2016
When I first started off, it wasn't too bad. Typical hours were 12:30-little past 9. However once I was hired over from the hiring agency, the supervisors repeatedly force you into getting as much overtime as possible. I worked more 12+ hour days than I did normal 8 hour days. The job itself is so remedial that they could teach a brain dead monkey to do it. They have a productivity sheet that your incentive is based off of and once you start scoring high enough that you make a good amount of incentive, they "promote" you with a pay cut. I was with the company for a little over 6 months and I would recommend it to someone who doesn't mind a horrible atmosphere with supervisors constantly breathing down your neck and who likes working with high school burn outs
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Just about everything else
Good Company, Great Enviroment
Facilities and Indirect Buyer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 18, 2016
A typical day consisted of discovering the need of, and defining the "scope of work" for various facility material and service needs. Then, sourcing those needs to adequate suppliers and monitoring the success of the purchases.

This position requires patience, determination, strong organizational skills, and the ability to shift attention quickly through multiple projects.

Both the management and the co-workers were among the best people I have had the opportunity to work with, which is highly indicative of the Company as a whole and the environment surrounding this position.
Work Environment/Fortune 500 Company
Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 18, 2015
ABB is a strong well established Fortune 500 company. Good place for career professionals.

The benefits, the work environment, and social activities allows for company friendly work place.
Pros
Flexible Environment