ABB

ABB Employee Reviews

They make great transformers for utility and industry
Administrative Assistant/Human Resources (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: hiring freeze
Nice place; Nice people. I enjoyed the experience. I learned HR policies and rules. I was able to assist co-workers and management plan activities. I maintained confidentiality. I assisted the Safety Manager coordinate safety files. I learned how to remain safe in dangerous area throughout the Manufacturing Plant.
production was good
tester/inspector (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: short breaks
Abb was ver good at its production and its employees effort to preform good work. I enjoyed working for the company and I feel the management was pretty dedicated
Global company trying to find its way
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Global company, good benefits, tuition reimbursement, job security
Cons: Salary, advancement opportunities, management
Excellent reputation in electrical engineering but really struggling to find the right strategy in terms of software development.
hard work
Certified Welder (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2015
Awesome place to work, good benefits . good management with lots of growth and develop within the company. supportive management
ABB Mexico
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Luis PotosiJune 21, 2015
Great work environment. Great professionals to work with and knowledgeable and experienced management.

Compensation and benefits way under local market as a disadvantage.
buen empleo..
Administrativos/Asistentes/Auxiliares (Former Employee), ABB EQUIPOS Y SISTEMASJune 13, 2015
Llegar temprano..
Mientras los Contadores tiene lista las polizas.. yo aprendo el
funcionamiento del conmutador.
ya teniendo mis pólizas contables proceso a la captura..

En cuanto a los compañeros recuerdo que nos apoyábamos unos con otros..
La parte mas difícil. la espera del trabajo.
la parte mas agradable, que siempre estaban de buen humor los jefes directos no había malas palabras
Team Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 12, 2015
Pros: Good work environment.
Cons: Team work
On a typical day you work just like any other production based company. I learned the meaning of real team work. Management was awesome. The hardest part of my job was not getting hired permanent. I really enjoyed working at ABB.
A global leader in power and automation technologies
Manager (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and incentives
Cons: Quick to reduce head count in down times - slow to increase when demand returns
ABB Inc. is a great place to work if you want to work in an environment that places a real emphasis on safety, integrity, and quality. A company that leads the way in design, efficiency, and innovations. A very strong loyalty to employees who want to expand and promote within the company. The diversity within the company's divisions provides for virtually unlimited potential advancement and promotion.
Great environment to work in around a great group of people
Quality Technician (Current Employee), South Boston, VAMay 28, 2015
Learned of to interact with different customers dealing with ABB. Management really supports there employees and wants to see them all achieve there goals. My co-workers are really supportive and we maintain a great team. The hardest part of the job is to deal with customers when they're not compliant. I enjoy when i can achieve something at work that has been set out for a long period of time.
Coworkers was cool benefits was Excellent
customer service (Former Employee), auburn hills, MiMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, and flexible schedule
Cons: MANAGEMENT!!
Overall at one point the company was great to work for, great pay great benefits, but if you are not clique up with the right group you won't make it here! Management was horrible no one to support the hard working bee's. If you want a position with a company who will pay you good, but you may get treated properly or you don't fit in a certain group clique then apply! If you have an opinion STAY AWAY!
ABB was great
Master Black Belt (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMay 15, 2015
The only reason I left ABB was that the sales were in the tank at the time.

I wanted to be in a more stable work environment. In hindsight, I wish I would have stayed.
Unorganized work environment
MV Instrument Transformer Tester/Assembler (Former Employee), Pinetops, NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment
Cons: No cafeteria you have to bring your own lunch
Co workers are very friendly. The issue is pay and advancement no matter what job u learn or how long you have been in the plan management doesn't care. Not a good job if your looking for advancement and growth in the company.
ok
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Verona, WIApril 30, 2015
Good job to work at if you like to travel, need to have knowledge about UPS and how it works. The hours are good and a great company to work for.
A great place to work and a wonderful oppurtunity
Senior Inventory and Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, CTApril 28, 2015
Pros: It was all good
Cons: The company (office) move to PA.
ABB allow me to use my military skills to be a part of a good team and bring some leadership and accountability to the company. Learn to work with SAP.
I recommend ABB to be the best
QA Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Pro- Excellent benefit, best flex hour in the country!!
Cons: Cons-no job security, no stability
Get a job at ABB!! :) nice flex hour, much better benefits than any other IT firm. salary is a little low comparing to it's competitors, but it evens up with other benefits
Exposure to the robotics field in a lab environment
Test and Installation Engineer (Paint) (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 8, 2015
The hardest part of the job would be the long hours during testing. Lab manager is a great guy to work for/with, friendly laid back environment.
ABB/ Thomas and Betts
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Verona, WIMarch 5, 2015
pros : company car . gas card. company credit card able to esxpense your food after 8 hours

cons: 1 weekend off a month. you work 90% of your weekend. you are on call 24/7 .even with rotation of it in place.
GREAT WORK SITE
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 20, 2015
Good management and strong support groups and fun people to work with. Very well sturctured and very fair and willing to help all
Great place to work for the most part
Audit Analyst (Current Employee), RaleighFebruary 12, 2015
ABB is a great company to work for with aspirations to hold their competitive edge in the power automation industry. Work life is well balanced but sometimes the culture seems too relaxed. I thrive in an environment made from competition and being the best you can be but unfortunately not everyone feels the same way.
Great Work Experience
Tester/Winder (Former Employee), Pinetops, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Abb was the first factory plant that I worked it where the environment was clean and very organized. I was tester for 2nd shift. I ran my own station and my job was fairly easy. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Headquarters