ABB Employee Reviews

Massive opportunity for an international company
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 19, 2017
The organization gives lots of opportunity for mobility and career growth within the company. The company also has many benefits such for professional development, health care, and many other employee-enrichment programs. Most everyone is willing to help with questions and communication with management is simple.
Open Environment
Undergraduate Senior Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2017
I did not have much experience working with most of ABB but I worked closely with my group of NCSU students and our company liaison. ABB funded our senior project and we worked very closely with our liaison, with open communications both ways. It was very helpful to have his advise and direction through the steps of our project.
Professional managers
Freelance - Regional Hosting Country Lead (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 16, 2017
Quality and security are at the built into the culture. The company is very project focused. There seems to be more focus on growth and success of the company vs employee growth and success.
Pros
Technology focused
Cons
Excellent company and environment in which to work!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2017
ABB was one of the best companies and experiences in my life. They treat their employees with respect and are flexible with teaching new processes and company policies. Unfortunately, their headquarters are located in Raleigh, North Carolina and I am a native San Franciscan.
Project Manager Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alamo, TNJuly 12, 2017
People are nice, some are not willing to work with you as a team. its almost like a union mentality in a non-union facility. benefits and job security are good. a very diverse company to work for.
fast pace-production
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pinetops, NCJuly 11, 2017
must assemble parts to a transformer in a fast and timely manner, after assemble parts move down on a conveyor for more parts can be added on. After work day. must clean up work area.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
temporary
Great co-workers
Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 9, 2017
The company promotes the young employees over those who know the history of the company/product being sold. They do not appreciate the knowledge of the older employees, those employees with 15-20 plus years with the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Managers show favoritism to employees under their direect supervision
Free cookouts
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 7, 2017
Overall graet company gives lots of entry level experience needed benefits are ok better then most...management could be a little more out spoken then boxex in.
Abb
Senior Robot Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 4, 2017
A typical work day was to start by seeing what is next to be repaired by a check list. I learned how to rebuild ABB robots. Work place culture was more of a family environment.
Pros
No traveling
Cons
Being laid off
N/a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WI 53151June 20, 2017
People will have their own opinions about working for ABB. You don't need to have someone tell you why you should work for them. If you think that it is a good company then apply.
This was a great job
Grinder (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAJune 7, 2017
At ABB I learned how to drive fork lifts, grind heavy metal plates, and I also lerned a little welding skills. I also use to help a co-worker cut sheet metal and placed them in the right racks.
Pros
Everyone helped out
In your own bubble
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
All Enterprise Software Employees are remote employees. Therefore, each person initially hired is required to "figure things out" on their own. I still have trouble finding out what is going on with internal initiatives after two years of employment.
A great company!
Senior Controls Engineer - BIW Division (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 3, 2017
I was in the automotive field service division of robotic cells. The company and managers took care of their employees with excellence. Customer satisfaction was a number one priority.
Good entry level place to start
Drafter / Designer (Former Employee) –  Bland, VAJune 2, 2017
ABB was the first place I worked that offered a job that was aligned with my education / career. At first the environment was very informal, relaxing, and happy place to work. Later on there were changes to management that made life difficult. The management changes didn't make us more productive especially when the constant threat of layoff was the order of the day. There were many layoffs (in the division where I worked) I survived there about 13 years before I was layed off. This incidentally occurred right before they sold the division I worked in to a competitor. That was 18 years ago so many things may have changed since I left.
very political
Buyer (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 1, 2017
The work environment is very political. If you do not conform they will find a way to move or get rid of you. you have to watch your back and do not trust anyone.
Great company
Thomas & Betts, a member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2017
Very driven and competitive culture. Best innovation in the business and is a company to be proud to work for. Get on while you can this company is about to takeoff
Good overall company
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 26, 2017
Constant changes in organization make if difficult to determine what direction they are going. Some of the leadership lacking experience and are more focused on their own careers than the goals of the organization.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Constant organizational changes
Consulting Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAMay 23, 2017
Management is great for college graduate. Workplace and culture is very friendly. Very good on safety procedures. Not big a software company, and have lot of politics at management level
Lots of employee turnover says it all!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Have worked for several ABB U.S. competitors. By far ABB has greatest white collar turnover. No one a close second. Incompetent management with poor communication. $100M employee embezzlement in Asia reflection of poorly run company. Push by major investors to break up company probably the best thing going for employees and share holders.
Company OK
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVMay 18, 2017
Good place to work unless you work for the operations manager, then it is awful....management by humiliation should not be accepted by ABB but obviously it is

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB. Our community is ready to answer.