At Abbott Senior Care our mission is to provide the highest quality of home care, ensure a better quality of life for our clients and provide peace of mind for their loved ones. Our organization is growing and we are seeking a Scheduling Coordinator Assistant (SSCA) who is committed to supporting our organization, our clients and our mission.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be an energetic, upbeat and highly motivated self-starter.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Be detail oriented and possess strong organization, time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Consistently exercise good judgment in difficult situations.
- Possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Calmly and effectively handle stressful situations.
The individual we hire will be joining a talented team of people who have a particular fondness for seniors, love the work that they do and are valued for their contributions. Our company offers tremendous opportunity for career advancement.
The SSCA plays a vital role in our business. First and foremost, the SSCA is responsible for ensuring that schedules for new and existing clients are fully covered and that the caregiver who is assigned to each client is the “best fit”.
The Scheduling and Staffing Coordinator Assistant will:
- Be knowledgeable about the skills and availability of each caregiver.
- Be knowledgeable about the care needs and scheduling requirements of each client.
- Use our computerized scheduling system to assign caregivers to clients’ schedules and ensure that the right caregiver is in the right place at the right time.
- Track and document reasons for caregiver absences in the scheduling system.
- Communicate and coordinate with caregivers, internal staff members, clients and/or their family members, case managers and other professionals who work with our clients to ensure seamless care coordination and the highest quality of care.
- Conduct phone screens with caregiver applicants and schedule interviews for most qualified candidates.
- Ensure that credentials of all clinical employees are up-to-date and documented.
- Prepare packets for employee orientation.
- Responsible for processing all new hire paperwork, including credentialing.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Responsible for weekend on-call scheduling responsibilities on a rotating basis.
- Answer a multi-line phone system in a timely and courteous manner.
- Computer literacy including particular expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the ability to use web-based software solutions.
- Experience with database management software and/or proprietary scheduling software.
- Previous staffing experience, preferably for a temporary agency or home health care agency.
- Prior experience working with the elderly and/or disabled or must display a compassionate attitude for that constituent.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to pass a background check and reference verification.
- Able to provide a verifiable employment history that demonstrates punctuality, and reliable attendance.
Education - College Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology or related field Preferred
Work Experience - 2-3 years of staffing, social service or customer service experience
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Includes annual paid time off (PTO) benefit.